Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bin Collection Information 09:35 - Apr 7 with 3944 viewsmingthemerciless

Anybody know what the rules are these day regarding rubbish collection ? My big green rubbish big was full to the brim so I've been storing excess rubbish bags in the big brown bin. It's my collection day today so I got the rubbish bags out of the brown bin, put them in neatly tied brand new black sacks, and left them by the big green bin. When I got back the green bin was empty but the sacks were still there.

Now I've put the black sacks in my green bin the bin is already half full and I've got three weeks to go !

I understood that if you left excess rubbish bags neatly next to the bin they'd be taken away. Looks like I'm wrong again.
Bin Collection Information on 09:49 - Apr 7 with 3034 viewsaleanddale

It's pathetic in the extreme and you need to complain. They will have to come back out as a missed collection.

Jumped up jobsworths most of our bin men.

They never apply any common sense especially as you left bin sacks neat and tidy by the bin!!!

My neighbour has 4 kids and has a "supersize" bin. Think you can request these from the council too.
Bin Collection Information on 10:15 - Apr 7 with 2987 viewsmingthemerciless

Bin Collection Information on 09:49 - Apr 7 by aleanddale

It's pathetic in the extreme and you need to complain. They will have to come back out as a missed collection.

Jumped up jobsworths most of our bin men.

They never apply any common sense especially as you left bin sacks neat and tidy by the bin!!!

My neighbour has 4 kids and has a "supersize" bin. Think you can request these from the council too.

There's only the two of us so we don't normally need an extra large bin. The problem is we were away in January so we missed that collection and we've been playing catch up ever since. That's the problem with the once every three weeks collection.
To be honest this is the first time we've had an issue with our bin men. They're normally OK.

Thanks for the advice.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 10:16]
Bin Collection Information on 10:17 - Apr 7 with 2980 viewsjudd

If you want an expert's opinion on rubbish collection, contact David Flitcroft.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bin Collection Information on 10:20 - Apr 7 with 2968 viewsD_Alien

Totally agree on this one. Our bin collections these days are ...erm, rubbish!

I was away when my main green bin was due for emptying and as a result it'll be 6 weeks between collections. Environmental nonsense.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 10:23]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bin Collection Information on 10:41 - Apr 7 with 2926 views442Dale

Think you can request an extra bin too. Only say this because a neighbour had two (they've moved now).

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bin Collection Information on 10:42 - Apr 7 with 2925 viewsmingthemerciless

Bin Collection Information on 10:20 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

Totally agree on this one. Our bin collections these days are ...erm, rubbish!

I was away when my main green bin was due for emptying and as a result it'll be 6 weeks between collections. Environmental nonsense.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2016 10:23]

We were away for four weeks during Nov- Dec last year. Our bins didn't get emptied for about two months. As you say- an environmental nightmare. In Spain our communal bins are emptied every night without fail ! They usually come by about 4.00 am !
Bin Collection Information on 11:15 - Apr 7 with 2877 viewsTVOS1907

Bin Collection Information on 10:41 - Apr 7 by 442Dale

Think you can request an extra bin too. Only say this because a neighbour had two (they've moved now).

Is he a bin person?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bin Collection Information on 11:18 - Apr 7 with 2867 views_dezzy

Simple solution if you drive, Take any excess up to the tip

KHBA

Login to get fewer ads

Bin Collection Information on 11:27 - Apr 7 with 2853 viewsDaleiLama

I refuse to believe there is no better solution?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bin Collection Information on 11:37 - Apr 7 with 2821 viewsD_Alien

Bin Collection Information on 11:27 - Apr 7 by DaleiLama

I refuse to believe there is no better solution?

We could at least rename the service the Refuseniks

Bin Collection Information on 13:04 - Apr 7 with 2722 viewsmingthemerciless

Bin Collection Information on 10:41 - Apr 7 by 442Dale

When the wheelie bins were first introduced we had two bins. There were four adults in the house then and we needed both bins. We were supplied by the Council with two wheelie bins at the time to replace the two bins.

A bit later on one of the lads left home. A few months after that the Council sent their " Snatch Squad " round and took back one of my wheelie bins ! I know this happened because my neighbour saw them take it.
Bin Collection Information on 13:05 - Apr 7 with 2719 views442Dale

Bin Collection Information on 11:15 - Apr 7 by TVOS1907

Is he a bin person?

Bin and gone.

Bin Collection Information on 13:11 - Apr 7 with 2707 viewsdingdangblue

Bin Collection Information on 13:05 - Apr 7 by 442Dale

Bin and gone.

Has bin

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bin Collection Information on 13:20 - Apr 7 with 2688 views442Dale

Bin Collection Information on 13:04 - Apr 7 by mingthemerciless

When the wheelie bins were first introduced we had two bins. There were four adults in the house then and we needed both bins. We were supplied by the Council with two wheelie bins at the time to replace the two bins.

A bit later on one of the lads left home. A few months after that the Council sent their " Snatch Squad " round and took back one of my wheelie bins ! I know this happened because my neighbour saw them take it.

Surely you could appeal that decision?

Say Jason Pearce has moved in or something.

Bin Collection Information on 14:15 - Apr 7 with 2624 views1949er

The Supersize bins can I believe be bought from the council. Other bins can be requested FOC.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Bin Collection Information on 14:26 - Apr 7 with 2599 viewsD_Alien

Bin Collection Information on 13:04 - Apr 7 by mingthemerciless

"A few months after that the Council sent their " Snatch Squad " round and took back one of my wheelie bins"

C*nts

Bin Collection Information on 14:26 - Apr 7 with 2599 views100notout

Bin Collection Information on 13:11 - Apr 7 by dingdangblue

Has bin

Bin Laden?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Bin Collection Information on 14:45 - Apr 7 with 2562 viewsDaleiLama

Bin Collection Information on 13:11 - Apr 7 by dingdangblue

Has bin

Very short-sighted.

Need some binoculars

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bin Collection Information on 16:49 - Apr 7 with 2467 views1mark1

It was supposed to be the case that extra bags would be taken do long as they were put out properly, as was the case in the OP. Not sure if that's still the official case. The idea is sound enough so long as common sense is applied about collecting extra rubbish when presented properly. It's excellent that the main smelly stuff of food and garden waste is taken weekly, but they need to show more flexibility when it comes to taking extra rubbish.

My advice would be to take a picture next time and email the council if you put rubbish out in the proper way, and it's not taken. Obviously ring the Council this time to explain the situation.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Bin Collection Information on 16:49 - Apr 7 with 2463 viewsrochdaleriddler

the bin men are not allowed to take extra, the whole idea(from the council point of view) is to reduce normal rubbish collection, and thus landfill charge.If everyone just had more/larger bins the plethora of bins/3 weekly collection wouldnt make sense. The council are quite happy for you to pollute the environment by taking it to the tip yourself though!!
Agree it is an issue if you miss a cycle due to holidays, get alan brett on the case he knows a lot about shit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bin Collection Information on 10:30 - Apr 8 with 2257 viewsHealeyDale

If you contact them with a direct message through the Rochdale Council FaceBook page you tend to get a better response- and it's cheaper than phoning them because every time you call them they "are experiencing unexpectedly high numbers of calls" and it usually takes 10-15 mins to get through. Lots of people are having problems with bin collections ever since the start of the new service in November, and the council don't seem too concerned - fly tipping is increasing around the borough as a result. Any, back to the other important issues... UP THE DALE!!!
Bin Collection Information on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 2256 viewsColDale

You can email at Environmental.Management@Rochdale.Gov.UK too. Found them quite useful earlier this year. They said to me when I requested a bigger recycling bin that you could put stuff in clear bags and they would be taken too, so I don't see why the bin men would have an issue taking bags.
Bin Collection Information on 10:42 - Apr 8 with 2250 viewsBartRowou

Or you could all move to Oldham where it's either fortnightly or weekly and they always take any extras.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bin Collection Information on 10:44 - Apr 8 with 2249 views442Dale

Bin Collection Information on 10:42 - Apr 8 by BartRowou

Or you could all move to Oldham where it's either fortnightly or weekly and they always take any extras.

All of us? There wouldn't be enough bins then.

Bin Collection Information on 11:00 - Apr 8 with 2234 viewsroccydaleian

Bin Collection Information on 10:30 - Apr 8 by HealeyDale

If you contact them with a direct message through the Rochdale Council FaceBook page you tend to get a better response- and it's cheaper than phoning them because every time you call them they "are experiencing unexpectedly high numbers of calls" and it usually takes 10-15 mins to get through. Lots of people are having problems with bin collections ever since the start of the new service in November, and the council don't seem too concerned - fly tipping is increasing around the borough as a result. Any, back to the other important issues... UP THE DALE!!!

Their Twitter has been good as well. I put a reply to a tweet about recycling and having to wait since November for a brown street caddy. Someone from the Council DM'd me and it's sorted now.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 11:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024