Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Djokovic 08:30 - Jun 6 with 3516 views1949er

Was anyone surprised that Novak Djokovic won the French open? After all he was only playing a tramp wearing Doc Martens

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Djokovic on 13:28 - Jun 6 with 2440 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Novak had everything that Jockstrap had n't....class and style.

Star Man is Djokovic.
Djokovic on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 2408 viewsnordenblue

Djokovic on 13:28 - Jun 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Novak had everything that Jockstrap had n't....class and style.

Star Man is Djokovic.

Bit harsh,he's just had a little girl and admitted his tennis now plays second fiddle to being a father,I'd say that's pretty class for a multi millionaire who could easily just pay a nanny to look after his daughter.
Djokovic on 14:37 - Jun 6 with 2375 viewspioneer

Wow, the most succesful tennis player we have had in 80 years, Number 2 in the world and someone who has resisted the tax advantages of moving abroad like most individual sports celebreties do...and he is continually criticised.
Djokovic on 15:25 - Jun 6 with 2332 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Djokovic on 14:37 - Jun 6 by pioneer

Wow, the most succesful tennis player we have had in 80 years, Number 2 in the world and someone who has resisted the tax advantages of moving abroad like most individual sports celebreties do...and he is continually criticised.

Staggering we still have tennis threads on this board when Murray gets to the latter stages of majors. The rest of the year round when he is playing, everyone gives less of a shit about tennis than usual.

By now he's probably lived in England more than Lewis Hamilton!
Djokovic on 19:35 - Jun 6 with 2233 views1mark1

Djokovic on 14:37 - Jun 6 by pioneer

Think most of us would be highly delighted if our national football team was second best in the world, and only being beaten by one of the greatest EVER teams. No shame to lose to the
simply the best around.

Djokovic Is one of the the greatest ever tennis players, and Murray is by far the best British tennis player in the modern era. Djokovic has to be at his best to beat Murray. For Murray to win he would have to be at his own very best, and Djokovic to have an off day. No shame to losing to the very best. Murray has been very consistent at reaching Grand Slam finals, but unfortunately for him tends to come across in the final someone like Djokovic or Federer.

How delighted most of us would be if England could reach the Euro final in Paris.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Djokovic on 20:21 - Jun 6 with 2204 viewsroccydaleian

Djokovic on 19:35 - Jun 6 by 1mark1

Think most of us would be highly delighted if our national football team was second best in the world, and only being beaten by one of the greatest EVER teams. No shame to lose to the
simply the best around.

Djokovic Is one of the the greatest ever tennis players, and Murray is by far the best British tennis player in the modern era. Djokovic has to be at his best to beat Murray. For Murray to win he would have to be at his own very best, and Djokovic to have an off day. No shame to losing to the very best. Murray has been very consistent at reaching Grand Slam finals, but unfortunately for him tends to come across in the final someone like Djokovic or Federer.

How delighted most of us would be if England could reach the Euro final in Paris.

Years ago I didn't like Murray after his England comments, but that now seems a bit of banter that backfired and I like him to win. With football it's different though, if England did get through to the final, you could bet that shirts sales of the opposition would soar in Jock land, so I can see why some people don't want him to win.
Djokovic on 20:30 - Jun 6 with 2183 viewsfitzochris

Djokovic on 20:21 - Jun 6 by roccydaleian

Years ago I didn't like Murray after his England comments, but that now seems a bit of banter that backfired and I like him to win. With football it's different though, if England did get through to the final, you could bet that shirts sales of the opposition would soar in Jock land, so I can see why some people don't want him to win.

The motto here in Scotland, as I am constantly being reminded, is Anyone But England.

I'll be watching the Euros in my bunker.

As for Murray, the so-called anti-England comments were in response to a journalist who had ribbed him about Scotland's lack of participation in a major tournament. It was said in jest but reported in earnest.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Djokovic on 20:34 - Jun 6 with 2178 views1mark1

It's different though with football. We tend to support our country, ie England, or Scotland etc, while for tennis we are represented by GB. If Tennis ever becomes a Commonwealth Games sport, I will want the English player anytime to beat Murray if he played for Scotland.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

Djokovic on 20:59 - Jun 6 with 2159 viewsroccydaleian

Djokovic on 20:30 - Jun 6 by fitzochris

The motto here in Scotland, as I am constantly being reminded, is Anyone But England.

I'll be watching the Euros in my bunker.

As for Murray, the so-called anti-England comments were in response to a journalist who had ribbed him about Scotland's lack of participation in a major tournament. It was said in jest but reported in earnest.

If Tim Henman had got through to a major final, would the Sweaty's have supported him or the opposition?
Djokovic on 21:17 - Jun 6 with 2137 viewsfitzochris

Djokovic on 20:59 - Jun 6 by roccydaleian

If Tim Henman had got through to a major final, would the Sweaty's have supported him or the opposition?

Anyone But England.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Djokovic on 21:24 - Jun 7 with 1945 viewsfinberty

"Years ago I didn't like Murray after his England comments, but that now seems a bit of banter that backfired and I like him to win."

It was obvious at the time that he was responding to a sniggering anti-Scottish question, but his response was taken out of that context which made it sound worse, deliberately.
Murray has worked long and hard to overcome the perception falsely created and perpetuated by others.

I regard him as probably Britain's finest current sports star. And he resides in Britain.
Djokovic on 21:30 - Jun 7 with 1938 viewsTalkingSutty

Djokovic on 21:24 - Jun 7 by finberty

"Years ago I didn't like Murray after his England comments, but that now seems a bit of banter that backfired and I like him to win."

It was obvious at the time that he was responding to a sniggering anti-Scottish question, but his response was taken out of that context which made it sound worse, deliberately.
Murray has worked long and hard to overcome the perception falsely created and perpetuated by others.

I regard him as probably Britain's finest current sports star. And he resides in Britain.

He's still Scottish though and he belongs to them, this British thing is just the English jumping on the bandwagon. Supporting anybody from Scotland isn't something that should be encouraged, obviously we all have different opinions.If it's fashionable to support Scottish Sportsman then I'll remain unfashionable thank you.I wasn't right Keen on Willie Burns
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 21:38]
Djokovic on 21:35 - Jun 7 with 1924 viewsTVOS1907

Djokovic on 21:30 - Jun 7 by TalkingSutty

He's still Scottish though and he belongs to them, this British thing is just the English jumping on the bandwagon. Supporting anybody from Scotland isn't something that should be encouraged, obviously we all have different opinions.If it's fashionable to support Scottish Sportsman then I'll remain unfashionable thank you.I wasn't right Keen on Willie Burns

Should have covered up more in Turkey, then, TS.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Djokovic on 21:36 - Jun 7 with 1921 views442Dale

Put down your Gary Jones scrapbook then.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Djokovic on 21:40 - Jun 7 with 1915 viewsTalkingSutty

Djokovic on 21:35 - Jun 7 by TVOS1907

Should have covered up more in Turkey, then, TS.

Gonna ditch those budgie smugglers
Djokovic on 23:26 - Jun 7 with 1854 viewsdingdangblue

Willie Burns? Isn't that what Richard Green gave Kieran Durkan ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Djokovic on 15:33 - Jun 8 with 1757 viewspioneer

so will you not be cheering for Mo farah at the olympics?

My passport says I am british as does andy murrays (and i suspect Mo Farah's)
Djokovic on 15:47 - Jun 8 with 1745 viewsTalkingSutty

Djokovic on 15:33 - Jun 8 by pioneer

Mo Farahs not Scottish is he? It's a Scottish thing and it's healthy, it's also reciprocated and steeped in history.

I won't be cheering Mo, no. I'm not arsed if he comes first or last to be honest. I didn't cheer Allan Wells neither. When it comes to sport i take great delight in watching the Scottish fail in every competition, I've always been the same and I know it's childish before you remind me*. I also disliked Jocky Wilson and Jackie Stewart, there's bloody loads of them.Look at the problems Barry Diamond caused!!

The fact they are putting out the bins and bringing in the milk while the rest of us are competing in the European Championships is excellent.

The only sport I really struggle with when it comes to this mindset is the Rider Cup, I admit to wanting them to pull their finger out when it comes to that.

* There's over a thousand posts on the ' Tomorrow can't come quick enough' thread, it's exactly the same mentality as that, reveling in your rivals misfortune!!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:25]
Djokovic on 16:46 - Jun 8 with 1695 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Farah....the Somalian with a UK passport that lives in the US?
Djokovic on 17:15 - Jun 8 with 1677 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Djokovic on 16:46 - Jun 8 by Albert_Whitehurst

Farah....the Somalian with a UK passport that lives in the US?

.......and eats Quorn?

WTF
Djokovic on 17:26 - Jun 8 with 1662 viewsTalkingSutty

Djokovic on 17:15 - Jun 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

.......and eats Quorn?

WTF

Probably better than that Fray Bentos Chicken pie i've just eaten. Nearly lost a finger trying to open the tin and it tasted like crap. Its been in the cupboard over three years though (I bought it from Bowlee car boot sale for 20 pence). Waste not,want not...I knew i should have binned it.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 17:33]
Djokovic on 17:42 - Jun 8 with 1636 viewsroccydaleian

Djokovic on 17:15 - Jun 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

.......and eats Quorn?

WTF

He advertises it, but I bet he doesn't eat the shite.
Djokovic on 18:27 - Jun 8 with 1608 viewsTVOS1907

Djokovic on 17:26 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

Probably better than that Fray Bentos Chicken pie i've just eaten. Nearly lost a finger trying to open the tin and it tasted like crap. Its been in the cupboard over three years though (I bought it from Bowlee car boot sale for 20 pence). Waste not,want not...I knew i should have binned it.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 17:33]

I had Mrs TS down as a culinary expert in the kitchen. My mistake.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Djokovic on 18:33 - Jun 8 with 1603 viewsD_Alien

Djokovic on 17:42 - Jun 8 by roccydaleian

He advertises it, but I bet he doesn't eat the shite.

Probably not, it's bound to taste a bit dodgy after the intestines have had a go at it!

#toilethumour

[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 18:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Djokovic on 18:43 - Jun 8 with 1584 views442Dale

I won't be. He annoys, as did Steve bleedin' Redgrave. Oh, and Paula Radcliffe.

The Olympics remain an individual thing ahead of country, but that's probably just me. Give me Carl Lewis winning multiple golds ahead of Sir Steve taking his boat out for a bit of a row.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024