Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 23:25 - Feb 13 with 2668 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.skysports.com/bristol-rovers-videos

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 08:44 - Feb 14 with 2435 viewsdingdangblue

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-new

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 11:31 - Feb 14 with 2184 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 08:44 - Feb 14 by dingdangblue

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-new

Sitting bottom of the league, well adrift of safety , playing well but giving away the lead and conceding three is not 'individual errors' costing us games. It is systemic management failure, these same mistakes have been going on all season, only one person to blame, the man who coaches and picks the team. All games are decided by errors and/or moments of brilliance, winning five games all season is piss poor anyway you look at it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 11:53 - Feb 14 with 2134 viewsDaleFan7

Having your best player on the bench isn't exactly the best way to fight relegation.
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 11:54 - Feb 14 with 2135 viewstruenorth

Brillant team goal for Hendo's second.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 11:58 - Feb 14 with 2111 viewsmacro

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 11:53 - Feb 14 by DaleFan7

Having your best player on the bench isn't exactly the best way to fight relegation.

Whose that? I’d say both Rathbone and McGahey’s poor performances don’t warrant a starting place
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:05 - Feb 14 with 1996 viewssouthealingdale

THeir goals.

First goal : Rafferty should have been tighter and Lillis could have done better - but not massive errors for me

Second goal : horrendous marking - terrible goal to concede

Third goal: Done at fault should not have let the man get in front of him. If he hadn't been sleeping when ball was played down the line then cross could have been cut out. Bloke who scored not tracked either. Could have been avoided.

Can see why Hill is frustrated. Second goal must make him mad.

@upthedale on Twitter

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:10 - Feb 14 with 1978 viewsJimmyRustler

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 11:58 - Feb 14 by macro

Whose that? I’d say both Rathbone and McGahey’s poor performances don’t warrant a starting place

Which poor performances are you referring to from McGahey?
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:10 - Feb 14 with 1974 viewsDaleFan7

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 11:58 - Feb 14 by macro

I think that's harsh on both of them to be honest. The last few games Rathbone has played he's been asked by Hill to just shadow whoever Hill perceives their biggest threat to be. Rathbone did it well against Peterborough but he's not going to be effective most of the time doing that role.

McGahey (who is imo easily the best player at the club at the moment), hasn't really had many 'poor performances' when playing at centre back and certainly wasn't poor against Millwall.

Playing players out of position and in roles they aren't comfortable is down to the manager and is why we are where we are this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:25 - Feb 14 with 1927 viewsmacro

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:10 - Feb 14 by DaleFan7

I think that's harsh on both of them to be honest. The last few games Rathbone has played he's been asked by Hill to just shadow whoever Hill perceives their biggest threat to be. Rathbone did it well against Peterborough but he's not going to be effective most of the time doing that role.

McGahey (who is imo easily the best player at the club at the moment), hasn't really had many 'poor performances' when playing at centre back and certainly wasn't poor against Millwall.

Playing players out of position and in roles they aren't comfortable is down to the manager and is why we are where we are this season.

Rathbone did a good job marking Maddison out of the game v Peterborough.

McGahey for me has made far too many mistakes this season. I think he’s a liability at times and far too predictable. He’ll play v Spurs though
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:30 - Feb 14 with 1915 viewsJimmyRustler

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:25 - Feb 14 by macro

McGahey for me has made far too many mistakes this season. I think he’s a liability at times and far too predictable. He’ll play v Spurs though

I know football is all opinions and that but if you genuinely believe what you've said about McGahey then Christ knows what your appraisal would be of our other defenders.

McGahey is by far our best CB and even showed lots of promise when he was forced into the RWB position. If he's not good enough to be in our starting 11 then we may as well not even bother with a back line and just go 0-5-5
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 13:31]
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:35 - Feb 14 with 1890 viewsNigeriamark

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:05 - Feb 14 by southealingdale

THeir goals.

First goal : Rafferty should have been tighter and Lillis could have done better - but not massive errors for me

Second goal : horrendous marking - terrible goal to concede

Third goal: Done at fault should not have let the man get in front of him. If he hadn't been sleeping when ball was played down the line then cross could have been cut out. Bloke who scored not tracked either. Could have been avoided.

Can see why Hill is frustrated. Second goal must make him mad.

Bang on

2nd & 3rd goals symptomatic of why we are where we are. Poor at set pieces or lack of concentration

I do think we play well in the 3 at the back formation & I hope we stick with it as overall we are better balanced and more of an attacking threat. However whether 442 or 352, defensive slopiness is negating our improved recent possession & forward threat
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:49 - Feb 14 with 1843 viewsdawlishdale

Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 13:25 - Feb 14 by macro

Rathbone has suffered from "second season syndrome" to a degree, but has been asked to do a specific man to man marking role since the game against Posh when he was superb. Generally I'd put him ahead of several other players for a midfield start, but behind Allen (who Hill recommended we sell ) and behind Camps when fit. I'm at a loss as to why Cannon didn't play much in the first half of the season.

I think you are being incredibly harsh on McGahey. For every mistake he has made, multiply it by 5 or 6 and you get Jim. Not just passing, but positionally, he is a country mile ahead of McNulty, not to mention his much better pace and crucially, having the ability to keep a straight defensive line, which Jim doesn't do.

I think McGahey is out of the team purely because Hill has taken a dislike to him for some reason; possibly that he has given notice of intent to move in Summer. Exactly what happened to Eastham imho.
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 14:31 - Feb 14 with 1755 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Really annoying that ALL their goals came from set pieces where our lot just cannot stop the cross!

Get them in training Hilly........Spurs will dick us if we let them have that sort of opportunity.*

* See Erikson last night.
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 14:43 - Feb 14 with 1717 viewsNorthernDale

Our starting midfield is good, but why is Inman, Knott and Thompson brought one as subs when we have Rathbone, who is better then those three and as I have said before why was McGahey not used. Is this due to Keith Hills stubborn streak which is costing us points or that he is trying to prove a point that he can turn footballers whose career as be derailed to some extent into good footballers, like he as done before, i,e. Hogan, either his errors of judgement are costing us.

What as happened to the Bournmouth youngster, should he not be given a chance, instead of either Knott or Inman?

I have said before, if we win games in hand at home and would be out of the bottom four, but to do that you need to pick the best starting eleven.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 14:59]
Bristol Rovers 3 Dale 2 on 09:07 - Feb 15 with 1310 viewsdingdangblue

11 mins free highlights. Just need to register. We certainly don't look short on confidence - or look like a bottom of the table team on this showing. Can't believe we lost that. Attacking wise we looked really good. If Henderson had just got his toe to that wonderful Inman pass at 2-2! Humphrys looks decent, stupid free kick given away by Camps for their 2nd but our 2nd is a wonderful move - hope we can play some decent stuff like this Sunday and we'll be proud. If only we had any decent defenders waiting in the wings to shore up the back line! Hmmm.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/ifollow/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024