Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Leader.. SG 19:42 - Mar 25 with 3897 viewsblackdogblue

Accountability goes up the chain of command…

Simon Gauge is as high as it goes.. the Manager needs to go… should SG…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The Leader.. SG on 22:04 - Mar 25 with 3672 views49thseason

Being Chairman is a lonely place when things are not going well. And I guess you have a replacement in mind? Someone who will buy all his shares and put up with people blaming him every time the team loses? Everyone is hurting, don't lets start the blame game with people who have gone way beyond what 99% of us would ever contemplate to try to keep the club on an even keel.
The Leader.. SG on 08:24 - Mar 26 with 3423 viewsNorthernDale

Simon as done a decent job under the circumstances, 'yes' he and the board have made mistakes, including not sacking Stockdale last summer and trusting him to sign quality, instead of absolute sh*te to not looking at ideas from the fans for cash turnstiles to returning to the old lottery system which generated a good income for the club. However he purchased the shares of the shysters and as sought to stabilised the club, and recognised the need for investment, whilst maintaining a primary fan owned club.

What would you prefer Simon or people like the shysters from Essex or Southall using the club for their own benefit, running the club. We all accept this season as been a complete disaster, but we thankfully still exist as a club.
The Leader.. SG on 08:59 - Mar 26 with 3347 viewsRodingdale

The Leader.. SG on 08:24 - Mar 26 by NorthernDale

Simon as done a decent job under the circumstances, 'yes' he and the board have made mistakes, including not sacking Stockdale last summer and trusting him to sign quality, instead of absolute sh*te to not looking at ideas from the fans for cash turnstiles to returning to the old lottery system which generated a good income for the club. However he purchased the shares of the shysters and as sought to stabilised the club, and recognised the need for investment, whilst maintaining a primary fan owned club.

What would you prefer Simon or people like the shysters from Essex or Southall using the club for their own benefit, running the club. We all accept this season as been a complete disaster, but we thankfully still exist as a club.

I’d like SG, and the board to succeed- but he is now seemingly getting deeper and deeper into a rut, behaving defensively, making (up) excuses (penalties, fine margins - yes we know that’s football). The communication from the club is really poor, nothing, then yesterdays interview or Januarys Chairman’s Statement - with new news not trailed (or thought through). A lot of posts on this messageboard have become negative out of sheer frustration, because I think, people are grateful for what the board has done - but if the board keep doing what they are doing the trajectory will continue downwards, so I’d push back on the “still exist as a club” point. We do for now yes - but for how long? if the club continue to patronise the fan base with inaction and excuses about bad luck; and compounding that with seemingly knee jerk decisions: We need a new training ground in January - which has changed by March to - we need to change our player recruitment policy. The big mistake which has undermined all trust is the announcement about moving away from fan owned, that’s undermined the Trust and unfortunately the Trust has sort of acquiesced when the Board should have publicly had a shot across the bows from the Trust.

I do want this board to succeed but they need to start to engage with the support who know the club, the town and the people of the town better than they do. Yes that’s right the fans do know better. The board ought to know we won’t buy being patronised and need to be treated with the respect we deserve, yes fans have also spent money they probably can’t afford to supporting this club for a very many number of years. The board do not have exclusive possession of the knowledge high ground.

Press on with the fans army.
Consult with us on where we want to sit in the ground if we get relegated.
Tell us what’s going on, and if they can’t for commercial reasons, then tell us that too.
But don’t clam up then blurt out new stuff embellished with excuses.

And get the bloody fixture board updated after games!!!!!
The Leader.. SG on 09:25 - Mar 26 with 3290 viewssomdale

The Leader.. SG on 08:24 - Mar 26 by NorthernDale

I think they sacked RS too soon, we will never know what he would have done with his squad, and instead was left with a manager who isn't capable, and we blame RS for that as well.
Remember throughout this disastrous season, we have very rarely took a pasting, and I believe a manager with decent tactical nounce would have got results from some of the very narrow defeats we have had, the fine margins as Jim calls them.
The Leader.. SG on 10:00 - Mar 26 with 3180 viewsrkershaw

The Leader.. SG on 09:25 - Mar 26 by somdale

I think they sacked RS too soon, we will never know what he would have done with his squad, and instead was left with a manager who isn't capable, and we blame RS for that as well.
Remember throughout this disastrous season, we have very rarely took a pasting, and I believe a manager with decent tactical nounce would have got results from some of the very narrow defeats we have had, the fine margins as Jim calls them.

Stockdale should have been sacked BEFORE he was given the budget to blow!! :(
The Leader.. SG on 10:24 - Mar 26 with 3105 viewsEllDale

Stockdale started to blast his way through the budget when he signed the likes of Ball, Charman and Campbell in January last year.
A lot of the damage had been done by the time that summer arrived.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 10:28]
The Leader.. SG on 11:53 - Mar 26 with 2956 viewsfrenzied

The Leader.. SG on 10:24 - Mar 26 by EllDale

Stockdale started to blast his way through the budget when he signed the likes of Ball, Charman and Campbell in January last year.
A lot of the damage had been done by the time that summer arrived.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 10:28]

Quite right.

Ive never doubted the commitment of the players , they simply lack the talent or ability to survive in League 2.
The Leader.. SG on 12:05 - Mar 26 with 2925 views49thseason

The Leader.. SG on 11:53 - Mar 26 by frenzied

Quite right.

Ive never doubted the commitment of the players , they simply lack the talent or ability to survive in League 2.

I sometimes wonder if many of the players were disappointed to have signed for a good coach ( Stockdale) and ended up with busted flush in Bentley giving the orders? Whatever Bentley has done in recruitment terms has been for nothing if 7 or 8 elevenths of the team think the bloke is useless.
Login to get fewer ads

The Leader.. SG on 12:13 - Mar 26 with 2908 viewsEllDale

Or don’t like him because he makes them train on Monday’s?
The Leader.. SG on 12:36 - Mar 26 with 2838 viewspioneer

Or dont like him because he chose to belittle them in public statements at an early stage of his tenure. I cannot remember any previous Rochdale manager ever doing that.

Bob Stokoe tried to cut the players pay for a poor performance (and lost) but he never claimed a team of young school kids played better than them.
The Leader.. SG on 12:40 - Mar 27 with 2502 viewsrhf

Accountability lies firmly at the top- the most important position in any football club is the first team manager, remember the board we’re going to retain BBM before he did a runner, who got us relegated and never looked at the table! The appointments of Stockdale and Bentley have cost us our league status, so those responsible need to go.
The Leader.. SG on 13:31 - Mar 27 with 2378 viewsD_Alien

The Leader.. SG on 12:40 - Mar 27 by rhf

Accountability lies firmly at the top- the most important position in any football club is the first team manager, remember the board we’re going to retain BBM before he did a runner, who got us relegated and never looked at the table! The appointments of Stockdale and Bentley have cost us our league status, so those responsible need to go.

To be replaced by...?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Leader.. SG on 13:47 - Mar 27 with 2352 viewsDale_4_Life

Calm heads are required with immediate effect.

A FULL review of the football club however hard that is to take needs to take place before our next home game. This involves all the payroll and nice to haves need to go and essential positions filled with emplyees made of the right stuff.

I have said previously give me a Conference North Dale over Shysters near the club and i stand by that. The core support will attend games next season if we are winning. There are loads of examples of this with Clubs already in the conference with larger followings than we get.

Work out income stream - Maximise it (I know we are so poor in lots of areas) Marketing to be ramped up - Communication lines ramped up - what can be shared well shared! so we can all buy into what is required short and medium term. Reality bites we are in the conference next season and the negative cycle has to be turned on its head and quickly. Football is a difficult business at the best of times. Lets allow the board some breathing space to come up with a plan.

It hurts like hell but we are all in this mess together. I am going to dust myself down save up for a season card and continue to support our club even though the outlook looks tough / bleak / hard work. The alternative is throwing in the towel but i dont recognise this option as a trait of Dale fans.
The Leader.. SG on 15:14 - Mar 27 with 2218 viewsjonahwhereru

The Leader.. SG on 12:40 - Mar 27 by rhf

The people who came on board to save us are from the ignominy of the payroll crew had to find a Chairman. Several of them would not have had enough time to devote to the role. I strongly suspect nobody was lobbying for the job and it ended up being SG.
He is not from the Ratcliffe school of chairman, who demand and got the wipe hand. If anything SG got the shitty end of the stick.
I will always respect them for making the effort to stop the takeover and facing legal action square on.
The Leader.. SG on 15:14 - Mar 27 with 2214 viewsEllGazzell

The Leader.. SG on 22:04 - Mar 25 by 49thseason

Being Chairman is a lonely place when things are not going well. And I guess you have a replacement in mind? Someone who will buy all his shares and put up with people blaming him every time the team loses? Everyone is hurting, don't lets start the blame game with people who have gone way beyond what 99% of us would ever contemplate to try to keep the club on an even keel.

Why does the replacement have to buy all the shares? Is there something in the Articles of Association that stipulates the chairman must be a/the major shareholder?

If someone better equipped came along, surely Simon could step down as chairman and retain his shareholding - the two are not mutually required to coexist are they?

The current board clearly saved the club, and that can never be taken away from them; but It seems to me that what is needed is a CEO appointing who can bridge the void which is being formed.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

The Leader.. SG on 15:58 - Mar 27 with 2102 views49thseason

The Leader.. SG on 15:14 - Mar 27 by EllGazzell

Why does the replacement have to buy all the shares? Is there something in the Articles of Association that stipulates the chairman must be a/the major shareholder?

If someone better equipped came along, surely Simon could step down as chairman and retain his shareholding - the two are not mutually required to coexist are they?

The current board clearly saved the club, and that can never be taken away from them; but It seems to me that what is needed is a CEO appointing who can bridge the void which is being formed.

Sorry EG , poor writing on my part, I was thinking about the £25k worth of shares that a Director has to buy as the price of becoming a Director. Although if someone was prepared to buy Simon's MH shares as well, I am sure he would be delighted, as would the other directors. In essence any Director can be the Chairman, usually they are elected by the BoD
Thinking about it, my sense is that the Directors would like to offload their MH shares purchases to an investor, maybe through some sort of Buy-back and re-sell deal through the club as part of a deal with a new investor. I wondered at the time if that was why they issued the latest tranche of shares. Pure speculation on my part obvs.
Expecting the current board to continue to hold onto shares they perhaps in some cases have borrowed money to buy isn't realistic or a particularly good place for the club to be positioned.
Pure speculation on my part obvs.
The Leader.. SG on 16:42 - Mar 27 with 1984 viewsblackdogblue

Firstly I was a bit inebriated when I wrote the OP so apologies I did not mean to cause offence to anyone by it.

Matters off the field are somewhat as bad as on it. A few points:

1. Communication from the club has returned to the dark ages again. No updates / news for a long time now. Is nothing going on as regards investment? A plan if we drop?
Fair play to the trust who do feed us with info now & then but I’m sure there are things going on that are censored. Yes as Trust members we get a newsletter but the last one was a bit skeletal.

2. Marketing.. billboards/posters/offers have gone… whilst I appreciate Marketing & advertising costs money.. what are they actually doing on a day to day basis?

3. SG.. I do not have an issue with Simon at all just to clarify this point. As the head of the board of directors . Every company I have worked for if it was not doing well, leadership was changed at the top levels.. ok there is a difference between manufacturing and running a football club but the over riding principles of P&L or EBITDA remain consistent.

4. Why have we not invested short term in a decent striker who is unattached (there must be some out there..) as an emergency to try and save our league status?

I could go on but I won’t… it’s bad enough as it is
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 16:46]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024