Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:06 - Mar 11 with 22426 views442Dale

Team:

Lillis
Rafferty
Done
Lancashire
O'Connell
Cavanagh
Allen
Rose
Vincenti
Porter
Donnelly

Subs: Eastham, Kennedy, Lund, Bunney, Cummins, Gray, Thomson
[Post edited 11 Mar 2014 19:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 23:03 - Mar 11 with 1637 viewsSandyman

Match thread on 22:58 - Mar 11 by fantazie

Oh this is so funny you squeal like a piggies are truly hooked...
Bets are off for you boys not going up automatically...now that would be a joy to see....

Squeal like "a pig" or "like piggies" is the correct English. The difference between singular and plural. Not "a piggies" .

Robshaker and PDIDDY must be holding their heads in embarrassment at this mong.
Match thread on 23:08 - Mar 11 with 1622 viewsfantazie

Ouch got you there boy oh and there and there I feel your pain boy. Ain't no disguisin' you boy, you still a Blubba in disguise...

Anyhow can see you don't disagree on the betting. Anything to change the subject eh?
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:09 - Mar 11 with 1617 viewsirisaln

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:43 - Mar 11 by DaleFan7

The sooner Hill realises Donnelly would be better off playing on Littleborough fields on a Sunday morning the better!!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2014 21:47]

There is something wrong with KH if he can't see that GD is no footballer at league level.
Every supporter that I know is of the same oppinion. I have watched football for 60 years and I have never seen such a poor striker have such a long run in a team and only score 3 goals in all the hours he's played. He can't jump. His first touch is very poor. He can't shoot on target with any power. Why should Dale play with 10 men every week?
The top teams have signed loan players from top clubs this week!
Come on Hill. Get your act together or the chance will slip away!!!!!
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:35 - Mar 12 with 1436 viewsdingdangblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:09 - Mar 11 by irisaln

There is something wrong with KH if he can't see that GD is no footballer at league level.
Every supporter that I know is of the same oppinion. I have watched football for 60 years and I have never seen such a poor striker have such a long run in a team and only score 3 goals in all the hours he's played. He can't jump. His first touch is very poor. He can't shoot on target with any power. Why should Dale play with 10 men every week?
The top teams have signed loan players from top clubs this week!
Come on Hill. Get your act together or the chance will slip away!!!!!

Such a long run? He has been injured most of the season and since coming back has been mainly on the bench?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread on 09:58 - Mar 12 with 1419 viewssandylaner1

a point would have been a decent result down there considering every other team in the promo mix failed to win - another game filed under the category of 'shouldn't have lost'

well done again allen on the goal

kennedy would have offered us more protection in possession and midfield

and again incompetent refereeing or not the players should have learned by now not to give the officials the opportunity to produce the red

its going to be a very close run in and it would be stupid if our disciplinary record made the difference between 3rd and 4th

burton are the team i'm most wary of another strong result for them last night
Match thread on 10:16 - Mar 12 with 1402 viewsParkinsGimp

I agree with a loan signing or two I really dont see the sense in Donnelly or Gray, they are just not of the right calibre, maybe Bunney is but hes too raw at the moment.
I also do not see the worship of Cavanagh please watch him closely he doesnt win that many tackles , he does bottle it a lot, he is slow and out of position( which is hard to do if just sitting in front of back four), he rarely passes to a Dale player or if he gets near them its a hospital ball which we invariably lose then we back on the back foot again.
Its a shame Kennedy is the shadow of what he was last time he was here, but I still think he offers more than Cavanagh. Lets see what he does against his old team on saturday.
Match thread on 12:54 - Mar 12 with 1328 views442Dale

Match thread on 10:16 - Mar 12 by ParkinsGimp

I agree with a loan signing or two I really dont see the sense in Donnelly or Gray, they are just not of the right calibre, maybe Bunney is but hes too raw at the moment.
I also do not see the worship of Cavanagh please watch him closely he doesnt win that many tackles , he does bottle it a lot, he is slow and out of position( which is hard to do if just sitting in front of back four), he rarely passes to a Dale player or if he gets near them its a hospital ball which we invariably lose then we back on the back foot again.
Its a shame Kennedy is the shadow of what he was last time he was here, but I still think he offers more than Cavanagh. Lets see what he does against his old team on saturday.

Cavanagh is crucial to the way we play. He's been one of our best players in every game he's played and until last night we conceded once with him in the side.

He's also much better than Kennedy in that role. While some players merits can be debated, I'm not sure Cavanagh's can. There's not one other midfielder we've had in recent years I'd rather have sitting in front of the back four.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 13:07]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 15:20 - Mar 12 with 1256 viewssweetcorn

This thread stinks of an overreaction.

We are bound to lose games before now and the end, no team is gonna win them all, unfortunatley for us it was last night, thankfully it was on a night when no other top 7 side won and nothing has really changed at the top, if we win our game in hand, we will be top of the table, then its in our hands..

Didn't see the game last night, but just can't understand the logic in having rose in that midfield with JK and Lund sat on the bench, meaning we had a left back sat in the centre and two talented midfield players in the dugout, got to question Keith Hill's logic with that one.

I thought we'd struggle down there, now is the time of the season when you enter the twilight zone and all the teams who can barely win all season suddenly hit the panic button and start yielding points, so not only are we up against that anyway, but we're also missing our 3 most talented players (in my opinion) in Ian Henderson, Scott Hogan and Matty Lund. Take any one of the top 3 sides best players out and they will struggle, look at chesterfields form without roberts in the side, it's not very good, so imagine if we were to take jimmy ryan and evatt out aswel. Hopefully Lund will be back in the starting XI on saturday and Hendo will come back in, which should be enough to see Accrington off at Spotland.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 16:06 - Mar 12 with 1209 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread on 15:20 - Mar 12 by sweetcorn

We are bound to lose games before now and the end, no team is gonna win them all, unfortunatley for us it was last night, thankfully it was on a night when no other top 7 side won and nothing has really changed at the top, if we win our game in hand, we will be top of the table, then its in our hands..

Didn't see the game last night, but just can't understand the logic in having rose in that midfield with JK and Lund sat on the bench, meaning we had a left back sat in the centre and two talented midfield players in the dugout, got to question Keith Hill's logic with that one.

I thought we'd struggle down there, now is the time of the season when you enter the twilight zone and all the teams who can barely win all season suddenly hit the panic button and start yielding points, so not only are we up against that anyway, but we're also missing our 3 most talented players (in my opinion) in Ian Henderson, Scott Hogan and Matty Lund. Take any one of the top 3 sides best players out and they will struggle, look at chesterfields form without roberts in the side, it's not very good, so imagine if we were to take jimmy ryan and evatt out aswel. Hopefully Lund will be back in the starting XI on saturday and Hendo will come back in, which should be enough to see Accrington off at Spotland.

Have to agree with every word of that, knew we were gonna get sod all out of last night's game. A game we should have won without much fuss with everyone fit and available, but we still should have enough about us to come away with something. Will be interesting to see who starts up front on Saturday, Bunney maybe? Hopefully Lund and Hendo both back in. We need 6 points from the next two games to consolidate out position at least....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread on 16:12 - Mar 12 with 1206 viewsBobbyjoe

Match thread on 22:58 - Mar 11 by fantazie

Oh this is so funny you squeal like a piggies are truly hooked...
Bets are off for you boys not going up automatically...now that would be a joy to see....

So your highest aspiration is not seeing your poor relations down the road gain automatic promotion. How are the mighty fallen!
Match thread on 16:53 - Mar 12 with 1156 viewsdownunder

Match thread on 21:45 - Mar 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yep, but it's this STUPID red Card business that's bitterly disappointing!

I see that the observation skills, (or lack of to be precise) of another referee could have affected us. The ref (and AR's) of Chesterfield v Torquay, missing the foul play of the match winner on Tuesday, has perhaps come back to bite us as well.
Match thread on 17:36 - Mar 12 with 1116 viewsTalkingSutty

Our last 2 results havent been great but in reality we have hardly lost any ground and still have our game in hand. Its also 2 games less to play so since the bury game it could be argued we are no worse off because hardly any of our competitors capitalised and the games are now quickly dwindling.

If we beat Accy which i am confident we will the table will look very healthy,we shouldnt feel down about last night it should re-galvanise us all.
Match thread on 19:14 - Mar 12 with 1032 viewsJimmyRustler

Y U NO LIKE CONJUNCTIONS AND FULL STOPS?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024