Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back.... 19:38 - Sep 6 with 4690 viewsrichfoad32

Ok, so I live in Brighton and this was the first game I've managed to get to this season but thought I'd give one of these a go. More than impressed with what I saw, obviously the result but the fact we looked fitter, quicker and sharper in the tackle all over the park. Crawley were truly abysmal but you can only beat what's in front of you. The games against Posh and Bristol City are nice but ultimately it's the results in the bread and butter games against the likes of Crawley and Crewe that will decide our fate in this division and on this evidence we've more than enough.

Standout performer for me was Jamie Allen, the ground he covered to chase and harry as well as always making himself available to collect the ball was fantastic. Dawson started slowly but grew into the game and offered a real physical presence in the second half. Vincenti is another one who was always willing to do his share of the tracking back and both his goals were well taken. Still having Lund to come back presents a very nice problem for Hilly. Done ran himself into the ground and it shows how much the others appreciated it when they were just as quick to congratulate him as Vincenti after his cross for our third. Thought Hendo had a quiet game but did nothing wrong. The back 4 were solid and Lancashire will have a real fight to displace either Eastham or O'Connell. Lanky Prince Harry-a-like,Matt Harrold caused them a few problems in the first half but once they'd got to grips with him Crawley's threat petered out and I can't remember them producing a shot of note in the second period. A word to for Calvin Andrew who came on and put himself about to good effect and deserved his goal, a nice header from Rafferty's cross. He does the simple things well, like holding up the ball and bringing others into play and got a good reception from those there.

The only negatives were that Hery didn't have a particularly good game, sloppily giving the ball away far too often. You could see his substitution coming a mile off. And Logan looked a bit edgy in the first half, sometimes coming for crosses he had no hope of getting and being caught in no mans land. Though he did produce a fine save from a Prince Harrold header that was Crawley's best effort of the game. But that's just nitpicking really.....Highlight of the game was the 'Dale fans suggestion to Brian 'The Beast' Jensen that it's probably time he hung up his boots :)

Sorry to ramble on, but I enjoyed that.
Just got back.... on 19:48 - Sep 6 with 4613 viewsDaley_Lama

Cheers for the report, no pictures but top rambling.

Poll: DF in or out

Just got back.... on 19:50 - Sep 6 with 4592 viewsArthurDaley

Just got back.... on 19:48 - Sep 6 by Daley_Lama

Cheers for the report, no pictures but top rambling.

Tazzy will make up for it.

A large VAT Dave

Just got back.... on 19:50 - Sep 6 with 4589 viewsVespa

Did you see a McDonald's by any chance?

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Just got back.... on 20:20 - Sep 6 with 4438 viewslove_the_dale

I wasn't there, but thanks for a good report. Pity about the last sentence though - not nice to hear about people being nasty, especially to a player with such a fine history.
Just got back.... on 20:30 - Sep 6 with 4383 viewsTalkingSutty

Thanks for the report Rich,appreciated.
Just got back.... on 20:32 - Sep 6 with 4367 viewsstigmundo77

Class report.....good stuff ;)
Just got back.... on 20:35 - Sep 6 with 4341 viewsjudd

Just got back.... on 19:50 - Sep 6 by Vespa

Did you see a McDonald's by any chance?

Looking at the score, more than likely a Wimpey.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just got back.... on 20:40 - Sep 6 with 4311 viewsSaxonDale

Lazy effort.

Thanks for the report-always enjoy reading these when I can't get to matches.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back.... on 21:04 - Sep 6 with 4173 viewsBingoballs

Great report, very informative.
Just got back.... on 21:30 - Sep 6 with 4026 views442Dale

Yeah. Sets the standard.

Apart from all the goals, I'm thinking the most pleasing aspect for Hill right now will be the immediate impact of O'Connell's return. Definite turning point of the season so far.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back.... on 21:39 - Sep 6 with 3980 viewsCockneyDale

Allen was indeed very good today, but Done scored a brilliant first and set up two more (poss the fourth too?). A clear MoM for me and my Swansea-supporting friend.

It was very good to see the Crawley supporters applaud Done off too. Respect to them for that.
Just got back.... on 23:07 - Sep 6 with 3757 viewsrich_dale

Agree with all this. Today was all about confirming that we're a very decent side. For most of the game it must have looked to the neutral observer like a good football team vs a poor one & leagues apart... in the end it was a total schooling and a proper team performace with everyone contributing. Feels like it's coming together now on the back of the business of the past few weeks and the quality we already had in place. Things that stood out for me:

Allen running the show - always around to receive the ball and never wasting it. Can see why the lads call him Scholes as well. Not just for the physical resemblance or because he's got similar qualities, but if you watch him receive the ball and drop his shoulder, the likeness is uncanny...

Vincenti showed what a good player he is. Aside from being a quality team player and an obvious threat in the air he showed this week the outstanding ability he's got - not least his cushioned volleyed pass on Tues night from a long raking ball to set up a chance for Dawson, which was brillant (watch if you haven't seen it!)

O' Connell has an authority beyond his years which gives you that safe feeling when you're watching - brilliant to have him back. And Tanser is absolute quality. No surprise he was picked ahead of TK and Rose today - two senior players who will be involved during the season. But Scott might be making the jersey his own. Like O' Connell it looks like he has a reading of the game way beyond his years.

Done is thriving on being played up front and is on the crest of a wave of confidence at the moment.. along with Hendo he's been our best forward for the past season and a half... pleased Hilly is now using him further forward and it's paying off. Andrew showed a lot of promise and quality - he received and killed the ball really well every time it was played up to him and linked up play well.

Brilliant performance today. Looking fwd to us having a go at Sheff Utd.
Just got back.... on 23:17 - Sep 6 with 3717 views442Dale

Just got back.... on 23:07 - Sep 6 by rich_dale

Agree with all this. Today was all about confirming that we're a very decent side. For most of the game it must have looked to the neutral observer like a good football team vs a poor one & leagues apart... in the end it was a total schooling and a proper team performace with everyone contributing. Feels like it's coming together now on the back of the business of the past few weeks and the quality we already had in place. Things that stood out for me:

Allen running the show - always around to receive the ball and never wasting it. Can see why the lads call him Scholes as well. Not just for the physical resemblance or because he's got similar qualities, but if you watch him receive the ball and drop his shoulder, the likeness is uncanny...

Vincenti showed what a good player he is. Aside from being a quality team player and an obvious threat in the air he showed this week the outstanding ability he's got - not least his cushioned volleyed pass on Tues night from a long raking ball to set up a chance for Dawson, which was brillant (watch if you haven't seen it!)

O' Connell has an authority beyond his years which gives you that safe feeling when you're watching - brilliant to have him back. And Tanser is absolute quality. No surprise he was picked ahead of TK and Rose today - two senior players who will be involved during the season. But Scott might be making the jersey his own. Like O' Connell it looks like he has a reading of the game way beyond his years.

Done is thriving on being played up front and is on the crest of a wave of confidence at the moment.. along with Hendo he's been our best forward for the past season and a half... pleased Hilly is now using him further forward and it's paying off. Andrew showed a lot of promise and quality - he received and killed the ball really well every time it was played up to him and linked up play well.

Brilliant performance today. Looking fwd to us having a go at Sheff Utd.

Allen's ability is like none I've seen in a Dale midfielder. His appreciation of space and how his body position can maximise it is of the very highest level.

Would go as far to say he's the best midfielder we've ever had. It doesn't mean he'll end up being the most influential or the one fans remember first in years to come, but for a midfielder in an era where passing football and ball retention is king, you won't find another player who could surpass what Allen gives us.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back.... on 23:25 - Sep 6 with 3681 viewsrich_dale

Just got back.... on 23:17 - Sep 6 by 442Dale

Allen's ability is like none I've seen in a Dale midfielder. His appreciation of space and how his body position can maximise it is of the very highest level.

Would go as far to say he's the best midfielder we've ever had. It doesn't mean he'll end up being the most influential or the one fans remember first in years to come, but for a midfielder in an era where passing football and ball retention is king, you won't find another player who could surpass what Allen gives us.

It's great that we've got a player like him - in terms of skill, maturity and awareness there can't be too many like him outside the Premier League. The fact he was captain the other night says it all. Hery has got loads of ability but he needs to learn off Jamie.
Just got back.... on 23:38 - Sep 6 with 3641 viewsSaxonDale

Just got back.... on 23:25 - Sep 6 by rich_dale

It's great that we've got a player like him - in terms of skill, maturity and awareness there can't be too many like him outside the Premier League. The fact he was captain the other night says it all. Hery has got loads of ability but he needs to learn off Jamie.

What I Iike most about the development of Allen is I reckon there's a lot of clubs he would have been turned away from due to his lack of height but we seem to have a production line of similar players with Cannon/Camps coming through too.For Hery and Allen to be able to compete as a 2 in this league despite their lack of physical presence says a lot for their ability and you can see how aspects of their game are improving week by week. It's great to think we have both under long-term contracts, the future of this club is looking better than it ever has been.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2014 7:59]
Just got back.... on 11:58 - Sep 7 with 3237 viewsCockneyDale

Just for the benefit of those not there yesterday I should add that, despite the shoreline, we weren't great throughout the match. We started very well and Done scored a great goal. After that Crawley got back into it and for 20/25 mins or so we seemed to struggle for rhythm. Hery was not quite at the races today, but this was everybody, not just him. In another game against better opposition we could have got punished during this period. We got back into it just before HT and were solid after. Once the second went in there was no doubt about the result.

I was v glad to see Calvin get a goal to give him further confidence, but before we scored he did give the ball away quite a few times, putting us under pressure: he does need to work on his control and passing to fit better into the team.
Just got back.... on 17:33 - Sep 7 with 3038 viewsD_Alien

...from Portugal

And what do I find whilst I've been away?

0-3, 0-4 hmmm... could do better?

And Calvin Andrew turning into a goal-scoring legend already?

And Jacko's back!!

Whey heyyyyy!!!!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024