Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
scumbag oldham fans 17:32 - Nov 29 with 30598 viewsdale1968

Absolute disgrace to their club.......

Public flogging would be too good cot them.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

scumbag oldham fans on 14:22 - Dec 1 with 2028 viewsBobbyjoe

scumbag oldham fans on 13:54 - Dec 1 by Biffo_Boy

You keep saying you're not bothered about playing us, yet more of your fans turned up for it than any other game you've had for years. It must have meant something!

I hope you bring a decent number to Boundary Park.

Sorry, forgot the quotation-marks!

"If you all honestly think we're obsessed with you, you're delusional. "
scumbag oldham fans on 15:18 - Dec 1 with 1918 viewsTalkingSutty

scumbag oldham fans on 12:26 - Dec 1 by desmond

GMP are to blame they were told numerous of times that oldham fans were in the pearl street and they said they aren't doing any harm and that was it. They could of prevented what happened very easily.

Plenty of Oldham fans scattered around the ground and they all behaved but the ones who decided to act up are the ones who looked for trouble.

Football grounds these days are controlled by stewards,the match day operation rooms housing CCTV monitors etc and the stadium manager are all staffed by civilians. If there are disturbances stewards deal with it, if it escalates then the police intervene to ASSIST the stewards

Police are not there to evict people that's the job of the stewards,it's what THEY have to do. A football club has to show and evidence that they have stewards available at the game who are capable of dealing with challenging situations and crowd control that's how they get a safety certificate.

The general public want the police doing their normal duties not stuck in football stadiums even more so now that the numbers have been cut. Once the police start taking over from the stewards and evicting fans or moving fans from one part of the stadium to the other then the stewarding system is undermined and there are big implications for the club, one of them being very big police costs. All this isn't unique to Rochdale it's the same at every club in the country. There are stewards at a lot of stadiums who are trained up to a higher level to deal with crowd disturbances etc.

The cctv cameras at Spotland are fantastic and would have picked up the majority of the incidents so no doubt there will be further arrests to follow. Arresting say a dozen fans at that moment in time immediately takes those arresting officers out of the game leaving the numbers at the stadium depleted,once it's captured on CCTV the evidence is there. Its a balancing act and it sounds as though the police had been busy down in the town centre pubs prior to the game and also afterwards.

Bottom line,it wasn't the police or the stewards fault it was the fault of those intent on paying into the home end to cause trouble and making the game all ticket still wouldn't have solved the problem.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 15:29]
scumbag oldham fans on 15:26 - Dec 1 with 1879 views49thseason

Seems like getting drunk and ending up in the wrong place is inbred in some of our noisy neighbours:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509837/Teenager-went-drunken-night-Oldh
scumbag oldham fans on 15:27 - Dec 1 with 1870 viewsTVOS1907

scumbag oldham fans on 13:54 - Dec 1 by Biffo_Boy

You keep saying you're not bothered about playing us, yet more of your fans turned up for it than any other game you've had for years. It must have meant something!

I hope you bring a decent number to Boundary Park.

This is getting very tiresome, but here goes again.

Of course more home fans turned up; it was a local derby.

Just like more Oldham fans will turn up at Boundary Park for the return match.
Just like more Oldham fans wanted to watch you v United and City in the Premier League than against the likes of QPR and Wimbledon.
Just like when bury's home support suddenly shoots up when Dale are in town.
Just like when a very high percentage of the Oldham fans at Spotland on Saturday probably couldn't name any of your players.
Just like whenever two local teams meet.

It's really not rocket science or anything unusual.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 15:28]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

scumbag oldham fans on 15:34 - Dec 1 with 1833 viewsTalkingSutty

scumbag oldham fans on 15:27 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

Just like more Oldham fans wanted to watch you v United and City in the Premier League than against the likes of QPR and Wimbledon.
Just like when a very high percentage of the Oldham fans at Spotland on Saturday probably couldn't name any of your players.

I admire your perseverance
scumbag oldham fans on 15:37 - Dec 1 with 1816 viewsBiffo_Boy

scumbag oldham fans on 15:27 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

Goodo.

I look forward to you bringing a higher than usual following to BP for the local derby in January then.
scumbag oldham fans on 15:42 - Dec 1 with 1795 viewsD_Alien

scumbag oldham fans on 15:37 - Dec 1 by Biffo_Boy

Goodo.

I look forward to you bringing a higher than usual following to BP for the local derby in January then.

It'll probably be about the same as we brought in 2010/11 and 2011/12

Nothing unusual

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

scumbag oldham fans on 15:43 - Dec 1 with 1790 viewsTalkingSutty

Goodo.

Probably bring about the same as we brought last time I would imagine, it's the game at giggle lane which tends to drag a few more out of the woodwork.
Login to get fewer ads

scumbag oldham fans on 15:45 - Dec 1 with 1781 viewsBiffo_Boy

scumbag oldham fans on 15:42 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

It'll probably be about the same as we brought in 2010/11 and 2011/12

Nothing unusual

Really, I hoped it might be a few more with it being a Christmas fixture and you being near the top of the league
scumbag oldham fans on 15:53 - Dec 1 with 1762 viewsTVOS1907

scumbag oldham fans on 15:45 - Dec 1 by Biffo_Boy

Really, I hoped it might be a few more with it being a Christmas fixture and you being near the top of the league

There's a long way to go before then and it's also FA Cup third round day, so it might not be on.

scumbag oldham fans on 15:54 - Dec 1 with 1762 viewsTVOS1907

Goodo.

Higher than usual compared to what?

scumbag oldham fans on 15:57 - Dec 1 with 1747 viewsBiffo_Boy

scumbag oldham fans on 15:54 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

Higher than usual compared to what?

The last time I think you brought around 1500 or so, I hoped it might be more like 2000 - 2500
scumbag oldham fans on 16:01 - Dec 1 with 1726 viewsTalkingSutty

scumbag oldham fans on 15:57 - Dec 1 by Biffo_Boy

The last time I think you brought around 1500 or so, I hoped it might be more like 2000 - 2500

I would guess at about 1624 give or take a hundred. Is the pub behind the Chaddy End still open to away fans for a pre match drink?
scumbag oldham fans on 16:04 - Dec 1 with 1718 viewsTVOS1907

scumbag oldham fans on 15:57 - Dec 1 by Biffo_Boy

Highly unlikely, unless we win every game between now and then! (Which in turn would mean we'd be in FA Cup third round action that day).

We can bring one man and his dog for all I care, as long as it's a good game with a positive result.

scumbag oldham fans on 16:29 - Dec 1 with 1672 viewsBiffo_Boy

scumbag oldham fans on 16:01 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

I would guess at about 1624 give or take a hundred. Is the pub behind the Chaddy End still open to away fans for a pre match drink?

Very precise number ;-)

Well that pub is now a house, but you might get a festive sherry out of them. Despite what you might think after Saturday, you'll recieve a warm welcome at all of the pubs around BP, if I was to suggest one to stay away from it would be the White Hart on Rochdale Road, but apart from that you won't see any trouble at all. that type of nonsense seems to be reserved for local away days only.
scumbag oldham fans on 17:58 - Dec 1 with 1544 viewsdesmond

If the police would of acted when they were informed that there was Oldham fans in the pearl street the whole incident could of been avoided. Arrests will be made in the next week probably but that isn't going to help the lady the was punched and knocked out is it
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024