Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
keane or defoe? 00:52 - Dec 9 with 6539 viewsHollowayRanger

keane on loan everytime for me

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-hand-transfer-kitty-jus

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

keane or defoe? on 12:17 - Dec 9 with 1203 viewsjohncharles

Here's an idea. Why not ask Isla and Vargas if they could recommend a Chilean/South American striker ?
Too easy I guess.

Strong and stable my arse.

keane or defoe? on 12:32 - Dec 9 with 1184 viewsPinnerPaul

keane or defoe? on 09:28 - Dec 9 by essextaxiboy

And we need a proven premier league goalscorer who doesnt need 2 months to settle in to cover for Austin .

I don't think you'll get a "proven premier league goalscorer" to come and just be "cover"
keane or defoe? on 12:45 - Dec 9 with 1161 viewsbob566

keane or defoe? on 12:05 - Dec 9 by traininvain

That was in January / February 2012. A couple of seasons ago which is a long time for a 34 year old.

really. That long ago. Fair enough. Maybe not such a good idea. If it is what they are doing though I would take him over defore. At least he had a good season in the MLS and got voted player of the year.
keane or defoe? on 12:55 - Dec 9 with 1145 viewsMytch_QPR

More to the point, can someone remind us all how many loan players we can field at one time?
As far as I know, Vargas, Isla & Kranjcar are all loan signings (???)

It's all short term fixes with old pros - they might keep us up this season, but more rebuilding will be required in the summer.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

keane or defoe? on 14:25 - Dec 9 with 1097 viewsessextaxiboy

keane or defoe? on 11:51 - Dec 9 by Jamie

Well as neither Defoe or Keane have scored regularly in the league in their respective past few seasons at this level, I'd rather we chuck Les Ferdinand in.

Ok , give us the name of some young kid who you are going to rely on to secure 80 mil and if you are to be believed... FFP armageddon .
keane or defoe? on 14:34 - Dec 9 with 1094 viewsNorthernr

Quite apart from all the long term planning, typical redknapp, typical QPR stuff etc etc

Do either Keane or Defoe really fit into the way we play? We're already using Vargas, a forward, at right wing, because smaller strikers don't really fit with the new direct style of play.

We need cover for Zamora really, a target man with a hold up and lay game. That's neither Keane nor Defoe.
keane or defoe? on 14:45 - Dec 9 with 1080 viewspaulparker

keane or defoe? on 14:34 - Dec 9 by Northernr

Quite apart from all the long term planning, typical redknapp, typical QPR stuff etc etc

Do either Keane or Defoe really fit into the way we play? We're already using Vargas, a forward, at right wing, because smaller strikers don't really fit with the new direct style of play.

We need cover for Zamora really, a target man with a hold up and lay game. That's neither Keane nor Defoe.

Yann Kermorgant or Rudy Gestede is what we should be looking at
perfect in holding the ball up & they score goals as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

keane or defoe? on 14:46 - Dec 9 with 1079 viewsbob566

reckon spurs would give us harry kane on loan?

something tells me we wouldn't be allowed near that one.
Login to get fewer ads

keane or defoe? on 15:25 - Dec 9 with 1049 viewsadhoc_qpr

keane or defoe? on 14:45 - Dec 9 by paulparker

Rudy Gestede would be perfect although i imagine Blackburn would want a fair stack of cash for him.

With Kermorgant I always think of that stupid penalty he took in the playoffs a few years ago!

I'd even rather Pogrebnyak on loan (from Reading's bench) than Keane or Defoe - at least he fits the profile and he seems to have a purple patch every 2 seasons or so.
keane or defoe? on 15:29 - Dec 9 with 1045 viewskensalriser

Is Ben Burgess available?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

keane or defoe? on 15:29 - Dec 9 with 1045 viewsNorthernr

keane or defoe? on 14:45 - Dec 9 by paulparker

Right kind of players, and Gestede maybe, but Kermorgant looks decent because he's playing in a decent team. Crap at Leicester and Charlton.
keane or defoe? on 15:37 - Dec 9 with 1034 viewsdaveB

the only one of the strikers linked who makes sense is Crouch as he could come in for Zamora, all the others seem like signings for the sake of it.

I can see us completely changing our style again as we did last January just so we could be active in the window
keane or defoe? on 15:42 - Dec 9 with 1025 viewsMonahoop

keane or defoe? on 09:58 - Dec 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Impossible to judge the level either are at when they're playing in such a poor league. We have similar reservations about the latest talent blooming in the Dutch league, for instance, but the Dutch league leaves the MLS in the ha'penny place. Attempting to assess Keane or Defoe's current level is like trying to scout talent at youth level - "he's the best player here, but how bad are the rest?".

Agree.
Watching Keane on RTE News last night scoring the winning goal for whoever he plays for, in the US Cup Final whatever it is called and beaming into the cameras with that inane 'look everyone, I'm still good' expression on his face, made me cringe.

Robbie 'Gold Digger' Keane. Go take a hike!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

keane or defoe? on 15:44 - Dec 9 with 1024 viewsessextaxiboy

Totally agree that we need a Zamora type player, but they often dont score too many . Vargas may be able to cover for Austin if he is out for a while but its a risk .
keane or defoe? on 15:48 - Dec 9 with 1020 viewsjohncharles

Troy Deeny or Ings. Let's get real. Buy some young quality with a resale value. Someone who needs to succeed to further his career. Someone to inspire the team, someone to be part of the team.
Keane and Defoe will only be here for six months and will get their million quid no matter what.

keane or defoe? on 15:53 - Dec 9 with 924 viewspaulparker

keane or defoe? on 15:29 - Dec 9 by Northernr

Right kind of players, and Gestede maybe, but Kermorgant looks decent because he's playing in a decent team. Crap at Leicester and Charlton.

Lewis Grabban was utter toilet for all of his clubs before he went to Bournemouth
Eddie Howe made him into a 3 million pound player
you could say the same for Bret Pittman, (not advocating that signing Btw )
the lad Wilson has come on leaps and bounds as well,
Howe has a knack of finding and making good strikers , Austin, Ings, as well

all strikers are a gamble and some players find the right clubs and just hit form
Lambert& Holt are also examples of this , I think Kermorgant & Guestde are worth the gamble and wouldn't break the bank and wouldn't be on the sort of wages Defoe & Holt are

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

keane or defoe? on 16:06 - Dec 9 with 916 viewsBklynRanger

A big one Harry, that's what we need - see the little boy Vargas over there? Yeah - too small.

But Bobby on the other hand, see him? See how big he is Harry, all big and strong?

We neED ONE OF THOSE! Exactly!
keane or defoe? on 16:13 - Dec 9 with 907 viewsPunteR

Ricky Lambert?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

keane or defoe? on 16:18 - Dec 9 with 895 viewsadhoc_qpr

keane or defoe? on 16:13 - Dec 9 by PunteR

Ricky Lambert?

Lambert's not really a natural target man, although he can do the job if needed.

I'd happily have him in the squad, but i can't see him coming to us.
keane or defoe? on 16:19 - Dec 9 with 889 viewsQPRDave

Mirror are reporting £5 mill transfer funds available.........may be b-s
But if it is true think you lot suggesting players better start "scouting" lge 1 and down
keane or defoe? on 16:21 - Dec 9 with 882 viewsLoft1979

keane or defoe? on 15:48 - Dec 9 by johncharles

Troy Deeny or Ings. Let's get real. Buy some young quality with a resale value. Someone who needs to succeed to further his career. Someone to inspire the team, someone to be part of the team.
Keane and Defoe will only be here for six months and will get their million quid no matter what.

Keane or Defoe? Is hardly a contest. Why, because Keane is only going to be a loan. If he comes, (hopefully) SWP drops off the squad, and during this time Keane essentially provides cover for Zamora. He is also supposedly a good 'personality' in the club house.

Per below though, I think the 5million gets spent elsewhere. No reason to think we wont target pace and Deeney, Ntep et al could get looked at again. Note to HR, Conor Wickham at Sunderlan, and Gayle at Palace were large in keeping their respective teams up last year...hardly household names.

PS: That Brentford fella?
keane or defoe? on 16:26 - Dec 9 with 871 viewsjohncharles

keane or defoe? on 16:06 - Dec 9 by BklynRanger

A big one Harry, that's what we need - see the little boy Vargas over there? Yeah - too small.

But Bobby on the other hand, see him? See how big he is Harry, all big and strong?

We neED ONE OF THOSE! Exactly!

What's Dan Shittu doing these days.
Only joking

OR AM I !!!!!!??????
He's quick and he can certainly get back and defend and he is BIG
What I'm trying to do is set some sort of benchmark.

keane or defoe? on 16:28 - Dec 9 with 871 viewsPunteR

Michu?
On loan at the mo.Wanted out at Swansea...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

keane or defoe? on 16:37 - Dec 9 with 852 viewsadhoc_qpr

keane or defoe? on 16:19 - Dec 9 by QPRDave

Mirror are reporting £5 mill transfer funds available.........may be b-s
But if it is true think you lot suggesting players better start "scouting" lge 1 and down

£5m probably should be the budget, but i can't believe that we won't throw more money at the problem come January whatever our points total.

Especially with some of our summer signings actually look like they might come good for a change - Caulker, Vargas, Isla, Fer and Krancjar.
keane or defoe? on 17:00 - Dec 9 with 834 viewsJamie

keane or defoe? on 14:25 - Dec 9 by essextaxiboy

Ok , give us the name of some young kid who you are going to rely on to secure 80 mil and if you are to be believed... FFP armageddon .

I wouldn't sign anyone in January except a target man to take some weight off Zamora. If Arry can't keep this squad up then there is something seriously wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024