Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
keane or defoe? 00:52 - Dec 9 with 6538 viewsHollowayRanger

keane on loan everytime for me

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-hand-transfer-kitty-jus

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

keane or defoe? on 17:10 - Dec 9 with 1160 viewsTheBlob

For god's sake how many more times?
Patrick Bamford.His loan with Boro is up on Jan1.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

keane or defoe? on 17:21 - Dec 9 with 1151 viewsNorthernr

keane or defoe? on 15:53 - Dec 9 by paulparker

Lewis Grabban was utter toilet for all of his clubs before he went to Bournemouth
Eddie Howe made him into a 3 million pound player
you could say the same for Bret Pittman, (not advocating that signing Btw )
the lad Wilson has come on leaps and bounds as well,
Howe has a knack of finding and making good strikers , Austin, Ings, as well

all strikers are a gamble and some players find the right clubs and just hit form
Lambert& Holt are also examples of this , I think Kermorgant & Guestde are worth the gamble and wouldn't break the bank and wouldn't be on the sort of wages Defoe & Holt are

I think you're proving my point rather than yours by mentioning Grabban and Pitman. Grabban has gone back to being crap now he's left Bournemouth - initial burst of five goals when Norwich were playing well, now one in 14 and that was against a crap Blackpool side. Pitman has done nothing since he left.

Step up from Championship to Prem is big enough, step up from a high-flying, attack minded side that scores loads of goals and plays great football into one that struggles and treats away games as bonus games is even bigger. I like a goalscorer who's scoring goals no matter how crap the team is or how badly run the club is - that's why I can't believe nobody has splashed out on Jordan Rhodes.

I'm wary of strikers who score well for one season at one club, or for 18 months, particularly if it's a sane, well run club that's playing well. We got burnt like that before with Sheron. I'd much rather us look down there than at Keane and Defoe, and I like Wilson at Bournemouth. I just don't rate Kermorgant having watched him a few times, and didn't rate Grabban before him. I do quite like Gestede.

I think you've got to remember what sort of a club you're bringing them into. QPR couldn't be any more different to Bournemouth - all big egos, big money, short term fixes, crap facilities, old fashioned manager, old fashioned coaching. Charlie Austin's a good pick because he's worked bloody hard to scrap his way up from the very bottom - same with Lambert, same with Holt.

This post has been edited by an administrator
keane or defoe? on 18:07 - Dec 9 with 1091 viewsnadera78

There could be something in the Mirror's £5million claim. The club would have been having meetings about this already, or should have anyway, and if HR has been told that's his wad then he's probably got his agent onto the Mirror and passed it on. Then HR can have a public bitch about how small a sum it is and that he needs more in an attempt to force the owners into coughing up.

Truth is, we don't create that many chances - we have a high conversion rate which masks the issue. We're slow on the break and often let teams get back and set. Some pace in midfield would undoubtedly help - Barton, Henry, Kranjcar, Sandro are all very one-paced - even Fer (who can shift) doesn't open his legs that often. Hoilet isn't particularly quick for a winger, but falls over the ball anyway. Vargas is nippy and drags players out of position. Philips is quick but really hasn't settled at all since signing - but there's a dangerous player in there if we can get it out of him.

I'd be looking at someone to help out Zamora and that's it, which probably means Crouch but that would depend on Stoke having someone lined up to replace him. If someone lightning quick becomes available then look at that too. Otherwise I wouldn't be messing around with the squad too much. Not now.
keane or defoe? on 18:13 - Dec 9 with 1083 viewsJamie

keane or defoe? on 17:10 - Dec 9 by TheBlob

Harry.redknapp@qpr.co.uk
Thespecialone@chelsea-fc.co.uk

Get on with it..
keane or defoe? on 18:25 - Dec 9 with 1072 viewsTheBlob

keane or defoe? on 18:13 - Dec 9 by Jamie

Harry.redknapp@qpr.co.uk
Thespecialone@chelsea-fc.co.uk

Get on with it..

No need.
'arry reads my posts.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

keane or defoe? on 18:25 - Dec 9 with 1072 viewsDylanP

Neither really unless it is a short-term loan that isn't very expensive. Having said that, its a made up story in the Mirror, so I am not too bothered.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

keane or defoe? on 18:42 - Dec 9 with 1053 viewsfrancisbowles

keane or defoe? on 17:10 - Dec 9 by TheBlob

I know he scores goals, which is obviously a plus, but can he play the Zamora role? If not he either replaces Charlie or sits on the bench and I don't think his lot would be happy with that!
keane or defoe? on 19:50 - Dec 9 with 987 viewsbosh67

We allegedly have £5m to spend, that would get us Deeney from Watford and Maguire from Blyth Spartans as strikers and we get Ehmer back to cover defence, Sutherland and Doughty back to cover midfield. Done
[Post edited 9 Dec 2014 19:50]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

keane or defoe? on 19:59 - Dec 9 with 970 viewsjohncharles

keane or defoe? on 19:50 - Dec 9 by bosh67

We allegedly have £5m to spend, that would get us Deeney from Watford and Maguire from Blyth Spartans as strikers and we get Ehmer back to cover defence, Sutherland and Doughty back to cover midfield. Done
[Post edited 9 Dec 2014 19:50]

Hard to argue with that. Nice one Bosh

Strong and stable my arse.

keane or defoe? on 20:23 - Dec 9 with 940 viewskysersosaqpr

Keane, I just like his manic headless chicken approach to the art of centre forward.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

keane or defoe? on 20:34 - Dec 9 with 931 viewsWeaverQPR

Could Defoe and Austin play as a pair? Still think we need another one of each, one poacher and one hold up man

@WeavQPR

keane or defoe? on 20:48 - Dec 9 with 918 viewskensalriser

Wickham has re-signed for Sunderland, so at least we don't have to talk about him any more.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

keane or defoe? on 20:51 - Dec 9 with 915 viewsrsonist

Deeney is contracted until 2018 and Watford were rejecting £8m+ for him in the summer. How is £5m going to get him now in the middle of the season?
keane or defoe? on 02:07 - Dec 10 with 857 viewsSt_Christopher

keane or defoe? on 12:17 - Dec 9 by johncharles

Here's an idea. Why not ask Isla and Vargas if they could recommend a Chilean/South American striker ?
Too easy I guess.

John, I had the same thought myself and came up with Mauro Icardi. Argentinian, mid 20's and 10 goals from 15 games for Inter Milan who aren't exactly pulling up trees these days. There are bigger teams looking at him but he'll play more regularly for us and, as he already plays in Europe, a work permit shouldn't be a problem.

They mostly come out at night, mostly!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024