Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread 05:21 - Feb 11 with 25033 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 19:26]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:58 - Feb 11 with 2001 viewslondonlisa2001

shocking performance.

Gomis - I'm starting to think it's Andy MacFarlane with more hair. Absolutely awful.

Shelvey - equally dreadful. Perhaps if he started to look less like a darts player and more like a footballer he'd be able to move a bit.

Woeful. Surely to God there's someone in the club who'd do better than those two did tonight.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 1995 viewsmax936

I think we would have been better with Briton in there tonight if he was fit, we didn't seem to break them up at all, Cork needs more time working with the players in training for me, Gomis made a good turn and shot at the end, but it was straight at the keeper he kept trying all night though so the effort was there if not the finishing touch, can't see him scoring consistently at any rate though to be honest.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:00 - Feb 11 with 1979 viewstomdickharry

Gomis and Olivera couldn't score in the Sunday League,if we score 10 goals between now and the end of the season we will be very lucky,Donnelly couldn't do any worse.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:00 - Feb 11 with 1966 viewsphact0rri

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:45 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

Surely you play to the strengths of a striker, not expect him to adapt his game to you?

Plenty of piss poor performers out there tonight.

I want to think so, and we have I feel, attempted to adapt to him. And I've said that he's a very different kind of striker than were use to, and we just need to look at our systems. But today it felt like unless the ball is gifted at just the right angle were not getting anything.

But I agree it was woeful all around to be honest. But I was hoping for a bit of spark or creativity to at least level one goal. I think a Bafe goal might help him. you can see the pressure and I'm sure part of his issue is the lack of goals.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:00 - Feb 11 with 1958 viewsLord_Bony

W.A.L.O.B.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:01 - Feb 11 with 1933 viewsAquinas

DYER UP FRONT NEXT GAME PLEASE.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:02 - Feb 11 with 1913 viewsAnotherJohn

It is very disappointing to be turned over so easily by a team whose previous three home wins were all against relegation candidates. We had our moments with some neat moves in midfield. But yet again we displayed little craft or penetration in the final third. A couple of half chances towards the end was as good as it got. The defence was not great either considering the lead-up to the goals. People on the thread are talking about giving Oliveira a chance, but I fear that he could be facing retrospective action for that misplaced elbow.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:03 - Feb 11 with 1899 viewsIslander

64% possession; less shots/shots on target

final third embarrassingly clueless
Login to get fewer ads

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:04 - Feb 11 with 1848 viewsLeonisGod

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:59 - Feb 11 by max936

I think we would have been better with Briton in there tonight if he was fit, we didn't seem to break them up at all, Cork needs more time working with the players in training for me, Gomis made a good turn and shot at the end, but it was straight at the keeper he kept trying all night though so the effort was there if not the finishing touch, can't see him scoring consistently at any rate though to be honest.

I'm trying to give Cork a break, but he's been a bit iffy imo compared to an on-form Leon. Very early days though and he needs game time if he's going to be the main DM from now on. I feel a bit sorry for Carroll and Fulton. They held it together at S'ton then both get dropped. Having said that in theory Cork is a better player than either.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:05 - Feb 11 with 1841 viewsDr_Winston

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:00 - Feb 11 by phact0rri

I want to think so, and we have I feel, attempted to adapt to him. And I've said that he's a very different kind of striker than were use to, and we just need to look at our systems. But today it felt like unless the ball is gifted at just the right angle were not getting anything.

But I agree it was woeful all around to be honest. But I was hoping for a bit of spark or creativity to at least level one goal. I think a Bafe goal might help him. you can see the pressure and I'm sure part of his issue is the lack of goals.

We've not been brilliant going forward all season. That much is obvious. We did however have a brilliant centre forward up there, with an also excellent AM behind him. Neither were there tonight, and it showed.

The presence of the Bony/Siggy combo masked a lot of weaknesses in our attacking play, weaknesses that are becoming increasingly apparent when neither of them are available. Weaknesses that may still exist when the one that remains returns.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:05 - Feb 11 with 1839 viewsHugeEnkins

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:51 - Feb 11 by monmouth

My only contribution tonight, because I'm mightily f*cked off. Watching that, as it goes into injury time, I'm not sure that we'll ever score again.

Same here. 40 points can't come quick enough for me tonight. Hope Gomis earns a move to Barcelona on his remaining games this season.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:05 - Feb 11 with 1820 viewsIslander

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:58 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

shocking performance.

Gomis - I'm starting to think it's Andy MacFarlane with more hair. Absolutely awful.

Shelvey - equally dreadful. Perhaps if he started to look less like a darts player and more like a footballer he'd be able to move a bit.

Woeful. Surely to God there's someone in the club who'd do better than those two did tonight.

180 - spot on
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:10 - Feb 11 with 1742 viewsLeonisGod

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:58 - Feb 11 by BalhamSwan

Terrible performance, they sat back, counter attacked us leaving their wide players one on one with our full backs every time and destroyed them.

They showed us what a team with some drive effort and enthusiasm does, surely we cannot start gomis again next match.

Deserved defeat, we should be driving towards a european spot not crawling along to the end of the season as per the laudrup era.

Yep hacked off with how we folded there. I'm not sure we "should" be heading for a European spot though. We're at best a mid table team who's just lost their best (and only reliable) striker. This run in is going to be lot bumpier than the first half of the season was.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:11 - Feb 11 with 1714 viewsorion3016

Worst performance of the season for me against a crap team

Be over there now after

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:15 - Feb 11 with 1661 viewsHugeEnkins

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:11 - Feb 11 by orion3016

Worst performance of the season for me against a crap team

Nah we've played worse than that. Just a lack of quality up front tonight.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:18 - Feb 11 with 1619 viewsairedale

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Fair play, thanks for that. Only laugh I've had since 8pm.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 1579 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:10 - Feb 11 by LeonisGod

Yep hacked off with how we folded there. I'm not sure we "should" be heading for a European spot though. We're at best a mid table team who's just lost their best (and only reliable) striker. This run in is going to be lot bumpier than the first half of the season was.

An European spot was never ,ever, on this team's agenda.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 22:24]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:24 - Feb 11 with 1574 viewscurleigh

That new tv money will be out of our reach if we have many more of them performances, we may scrape over the line this season. But we need a major upheaval next season, starting with the manager, i have given him credit so far but i think he is losing the plot, not strong enough where Gomis is concerned, needed to hook him half time.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:24 - Feb 11 with 1570 viewstomdickharry

Just wonder when Williams and Monk will be on apologizing for the inept performance tonight,we are not safe yet,hope Monk and co.wake up to that fact pretty quickly.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 1537 viewsbluenile

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:01 - Feb 11 by Aquinas

DYER UP FRONT NEXT GAME PLEASE.

WTF????????????????????????????????

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1512 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:26 - Feb 11 by bluenile

WTF????????????????????????????????

To get on the end of those crosses from Taylor. Obviously.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:32 - Feb 11 with 1482 viewsphact0rri

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:05 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

We've not been brilliant going forward all season. That much is obvious. We did however have a brilliant centre forward up there, with an also excellent AM behind him. Neither were there tonight, and it showed.

The presence of the Bony/Siggy combo masked a lot of weaknesses in our attacking play, weaknesses that are becoming increasingly apparent when neither of them are available. Weaknesses that may still exist when the one that remains returns.

That is a fair point. Though we can say especially at the start of the season our wingers were doing a lot of pressing. I wonder if all this defence work has put other elements on the back burner. Of course not even our backend was looking very stellar this evening.

Though there were a handful of great chances delivered to Gomis this evening... but a lot of these things I blame on the pressure he's been under as of late.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:33 - Feb 11 with 1477 viewsairedale

He's got to keep playing Gomis though hasn't he? I mean he cost about £7mill so we need to get that back. Perhaps the only way to do that is by putting him in the shop window. It's like a horrible Catch 22 scenario.

But the bottom line is, either he starts playing a bit or we swallow the £7mill minus whatever we can get for him. Personally I hope he comes good.
The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:34 - Feb 11 with 1470 viewssnork44

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:24 - Feb 11 by tomdickharry

Just wonder when Williams and Monk will be on apologizing for the inept performance tonight,we are not safe yet,hope Monk and co.wake up to that fact pretty quickly.

Ye gods, yes it is was a pathetic performance and Gomis is looking like a bad signing! But to say we are not safe is laughable! But again that comment shows how little you know about football!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 22:43 - Feb 11 with 1664 viewscurleigh

The Official West Brom v Swansea City Matchday/night Thread on 21:58 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

shocking performance.

I know Siggy is back, next game, but i think Ki would have given us more as a AM instead of Shelvey, as he showed with his goal and disallowed goal Saturday, furthest man forward on both occasions, he is our best player by far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024