Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44824 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 13:39 - May 19 with 2900 viewsbillericaydicky

Its Chris on 12:26 - May 19 by kingsburyR

I was prepared to give CR a chance until I sat through the West Ham game at home.

Stank of tactical neigh-eve-vity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yeah how dare Chris Ramsey miss a penalty..oh hang on...

Give the guy a chance ffs - I remember all the calls on here at the start of the season saying Austin wasn't good enough for the Prem (and I was one of them!) - why can't we just wait and see what he can do with his own squad - at least the players rate him as a coach as do many in Football.
Its Chris on 13:41 - May 19 with 2878 viewsMatch82

Its Chris on 12:45 - May 19 by BlackCrowe

That is very true - he must (or at least should) know how everyone but everyone feels about SWP and then picks him for critical games anyway.

Right, I've got to move on with this negativity on CR (who I repeat seems a thoroughly decent sort).

Clean slate Chris, get on with it and good luck, but i suspect I may save my cash on renewing our Sts next season.

I agree with everyone on this board about SWP.

However, I ever if Ramsey had a more strategic long term view in mind. The fans can't stand him, but clearly the players love him, hence Phillips goal celebration on Saturday. Is it possible that Ramsey is setting a precedent here: train hard, be a good teammate and you'll get your opportunity? If that motivates any existing players into training harder, or entices others to come to our clusterfck of a club, there is a benefit to it.

Ultimately it's nice when managers do what we want as fans, but if he makes an unpopular decision that helps in a tiny way in the future to make us more successful, that's not a bad thing.

I will admit that bringing him on against City was a ridiculous and undefendable decision. Also, if we offer him a new contract, it's absolutely fair to get the pitchforks.
Its Chris on 13:42 - May 19 with 2874 viewsHollowayRanger

3 years!!!

do well to survive first 3 months

nice guy but when do nice guys ever win, and if swp gets another contract I wont be going to loftus road

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Its Chris on 13:42 - May 19 with 2866 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 12:46 - May 19 by Discodroids

fu ck me, we beat sunderland so he gets the caretaker job and he somehow beats newcastle and gets a 3 year contract. dont stop their tone, why not name a nebula after him or a constellation , a cosmos even for having the ability to diop a solid stool in the pan, or having a central nervous system.

the Ramfukker , the starkicker rising.

we must be further in the yakshit than what i thought if thats the best we can do.. no cnt wants the gig , i reckon theres no budget for new players for transfer fees and very little for wages....its a real clear the decks job for a puppet whose going to do what he's told.

this chauncey gardner is a coach. a mentor to children/teens.. a favourite uncle, someone who hands out humbugs to young boys on his knee and dosent want a gam in return.

the geezer looks like something out of desmonds waiting to get his pate shaved..

he's gonna be eaten alive next season by the championship pack ..in chunks.

dreadful day for the club.the buzz word, aspiration of this club has falling of a fukin cliff inside 12 months. all those millions , all those tweets and promises....and we end up with this!!! what an insult to our intelligence.

[Post edited 19 May 2015 12:56]

Ridiculous over reaction - sorry but it is.

Clearly has a bit more about him than just an ability to coach kids.
Its Chris on 13:47 - May 19 with 2817 viewsA40Bosh

Its Chris on 13:20 - May 19 by joolsyp

I'm pleased with this appointment. Gives us stability, is clearly a very good coach respected by the players and, importantly, sees us as a step up and has had a taste of the premier league so will want to get back there within 3 years. Philips and Fer played well under him so may well be persuaded to stay, at least for one season. Comes across in the media as committed, professional and ambitious, a pleasant change from some of the egotistical clowns we've had in charge in recent years. I'm willing to forgive him the SWP debacle and the West Ham tactics (or lack of) if we see improvement with a young, hungry squad over the next couple of seasons.

It worries me a bit that he seems to be biased towards hard-working but limited English players over our foreign flair contingent so I think he and Les need to get that right. Flair players can work in the Championship - look at Watford this year.

Welcome aboard Chris, you have my full support (unless we're bottom at Christmas ;-) )

I echo these sentiments and will take the position that as it stands, "it is what it is" as far as Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

I think some on here have this view of the world of football and that it is easy to be successful in it and therefore they imagine that it is simply only TF not having an f'in clue how to run a football based business and that his incompetence is the root cause and sole cause of all our woes.

What I have been hearing on the grapevine was that the dream manager was and remains Clement and the deal was ironed out that he would stay where he was until the end of the season and then IF QPR were still in the Premier League then he would take over the reigns. This has now been concluded because we have been relegated and we therefore have to move on.

So others say Warburton, and they cannot believe that Warburton has not been snapped up and its as if Warburton has been waiting frantically for his mobile phone to ring because he is so desperate to join a relegated club who speculation says are about to be fined 3 years worth of transfer window budgets in FFP fines and up until last week being touted as starting next year in the Conference.

***edit to add Wikipedia quote*** - "Between the outbreak of the news and the end of the 2014—15 season, Warburton was linked with the managerial jobs at Leicester City,[66] Fulham,[67] Queens Park Rangers,[68] Aston Villa, Derby County,[69] Newcastle United, Leeds United and Norwich City.[70][71]"

The way some on here go on about us simply going out and getting the top young managers we want - like it's that easy - to me it's the same thing as an aging, saggy ex-model who merely had a couple of good years on Page 3 and Playboy back when her best assets were young pert and unwrinkled in the 80's, but has more recently been caught on camera with her knickers down groping Peter Stringfellow in the back of a taxi and now she is acting all hurt and surprised when, after walking into a club full of young studs and shouting out at the top of her voice "I'm here boys, come and get me", they turn around, take one look at the scraggy old bird and turn their attentions back to pulling someone else.

Good Luck CR
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:02]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Its Chris on 13:49 - May 19 with 2782 viewsMytch_QPR

Its Chris on 13:39 - May 19 by billericaydicky

Give the guy a chance ffs - I remember all the calls on here at the start of the season saying Austin wasn't good enough for the Prem (and I was one of them!) - why can't we just wait and see what he can do with his own squad - at least the players rate him as a coach as do many in Football.

Yes. this.

He knows how much sh*t is going on at the club - who knows if any other manager worth his salt would come in whilst the FFP fiasco waits in the wings.
Sherwood wants CR at Villa (apparently) so the club have done the right thing IMO in the circumstances.
It's all well and good for people to talk about long term plans but the reality is that we have to make short term plans until FFP is resolved.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Its Chris on 13:49 - May 19 with 2779 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 13:42 - May 19 by HollowayRanger

3 years!!!

nice guy but when do nice guys ever win, and if swp gets another contract I wont be going to loftus road

I think he'll get to 19th August OK
Its Chris on 13:51 - May 19 with 2759 viewsheadhoops

would not have been my number one choice - however, he's become the chosen one so will get my support initially.
More worries me more is TF's clear inability to make a sane decision - despite his wont make the same mistakes mantra - he does.
Ramseys first job along with Sir Les is to get rid of the rubbish, dross, bad eggs and general cr@p that fills our squad. Then get in some new blood, decent kids who want first team football as opposed to being Chelsh1ts 28th sub. Some proper competitive pre-season games, please no more Devon away or Latvian 4th tier.
Install some pride, get us back to playing with some style. Do this and we wont be relegated everything else is a bonus.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 13:51 - May 19 with 2753 viewsNov77

Its Chris on 13:39 - May 19 by billericaydicky

"Why can't we just wait and see what he can do with own squad?"

Sorry but that's just making excuses for his failure.
Pardew, Pulis and even sherwood managed to inspire players that were already failing into performances that kept their respective clubs up.
Ramsey's results with the same players have been worse than redknapp's.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Its Chris on 13:52 - May 19 with 2752 viewsDiscodroids

Its Chris on 13:42 - May 19 by PinnerPaul

Ridiculous over reaction - sorry but it is.

Clearly has a bit more about him than just an ability to coach kids.

fair enough , he can pull his skin back and piss straight in the urinal , hope tony rewards him accordingly by naming a fleet of light aircraft after him.

'clearly' ive seen fuc.k all to suggest he's a great coach in his time at QPR.

the next helmut schoen seems to have appeared in our midst, or is it just a helmet.

if he was out if a job tomorrow who would pick him up ??..

And to top it all off i dont even know if he's 'a nice bloke' or not.

i think its ridiculous to give him the job. insane even. real nurse ratchet job.

dunk it in the basket chris.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Its Chris on 14:04 - May 19 with 2665 viewssimmo

Its Chris on 13:51 - May 19 by Nov77

"Why can't we just wait and see what he can do with own squad?"

Sorry but that's just making excuses for his failure.
Pardew, Pulis and even sherwood managed to inspire players that were already failing into performances that kept their respective clubs up.
Ramsey's results with the same players have been worse than redknapp's.

Is that all that matters? Would you have that utter penis Sherwood over Ramsey purely because he would do better in the short term? (potentially).

I think we're spiklt between those that care about results, status and the league we're in, and those that are happy to be a mid table Championship team in a shitty little stadium with limited players giving their all and possibly falling short.

I have said it before and I meant it, I would rather support a shit team that never wins anything but does things in what I consider to be 'the right way' - so I can be proud of them. Then a team that wins and has the best players and management at the expense of our soul and credibility. In short, I would rather be relegated every season and play in donated kit than have a team managed by Sherwood and captained by Joey fckin Barton.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Its Chris on 14:06 - May 19 with 2664 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 13:42 - May 19 by HollowayRanger

3 years!!!

I think he'll get to 19th August OK
Its Chris on 14:10 - May 19 with 2644 viewsRangersDave

Agree with Disco (not for the first time either)

Ram man isnt our man, and may never be.

He's been appointed by a man with no experience apart from football feck ups
Has a DOF who has no experience of his position or football management.
And is a man who cannot get a team fit (yes he's had time to work on fitness, motivate a team, and plays SWP.
His substitutions are laughable as are the timings of those he does make.

He aint a manager, he's Tony's bitch, Tony's "doesnt want to spend money" person, a cheap 'possibility' and possibly a complete liability.

Anyway, irrespective, he's in now, and i'll get behind him (a bit) until he only takes 6 players to Ireland for the pre-season against shamrock Rovers Girls under 15's friendly.

3 year deal? nice, if after 6 months you are found out and get the Fernandez 'kiss off'.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Its Chris on 14:10 - May 19 with 2644 viewsHayesender

Does this mean Basildon Bond will be kept on?

I'd better get my shite northern town train timetable out

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Its Chris on 14:11 - May 19 with 2635 viewsRangersw12

Its Chris on 13:52 - May 19 by Discodroids

fair enough , he can pull his skin back and piss straight in the urinal , hope tony rewards him accordingly by naming a fleet of light aircraft after him.

'clearly' ive seen fuc.k all to suggest he's a great coach in his time at QPR.

the next helmut schoen seems to have appeared in our midst, or is it just a helmet.

if he was out if a job tomorrow who would pick him up ??..

And to top it all off i dont even know if he's 'a nice bloke' or not.

i think its ridiculous to give him the job. insane even. real nurse ratchet job.

dunk it in the basket chris.

Well he is here now so you might as well support him otherwise its going to be a very long 3 years for you and for LFW !
Its Chris on 14:18 - May 19 with 2589 viewsQPR_John

Its Chris on 14:04 - May 19 by simmo

Is that all that matters? Would you have that utter penis Sherwood over Ramsey purely because he would do better in the short term? (potentially).

I think we're spiklt between those that care about results, status and the league we're in, and those that are happy to be a mid table Championship team in a shitty little stadium with limited players giving their all and possibly falling short.

I have said it before and I meant it, I would rather support a shit team that never wins anything but does things in what I consider to be 'the right way' - so I can be proud of them. Then a team that wins and has the best players and management at the expense of our soul and credibility. In short, I would rather be relegated every season and play in donated kit than have a team managed by Sherwood and captained by Joey fckin Barton.

" would rather be relegated every season"

Out of interest where do you end up if relegated every season
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:19]
Its Chris on 14:23 - May 19 with 2545 viewspaulparker

Its Chris on 14:11 - May 19 by Rangersw12

Well he is here now so you might as well support him otherwise its going to be a very long 3 years for you and for LFW !

he wont be here by November , and we will have wasted the most important Pre season in the clubs history
a 2 bob appointment , sorry but it is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Its Chris on 14:24 - May 19 with 2538 viewsHunterhoop

Its Chris on 14:18 - May 19 by QPR_John

" would rather be relegated every season"

Out of interest where do you end up if relegated every season
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:19]

I think it's the principle, rather than the literal point, that he was getting at.
Its Chris on 14:27 - May 19 with 2523 viewsDiscodroids

Its Chris on 14:11 - May 19 by Rangersw12

your right. ive gone through the 7 stages..

disbelief, anguish, fear, disorientation ,murder, sexual climax, not giving a flying fk.

......As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown , I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature, Man must explore . . . and this is exploration at its greatest.....appointing christopher ramsey as QPR manager ,the mentat of association football

rant over, ive got some custard creams to snort.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:32]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Its Chris on 14:36 - May 19 with 2442 viewsganjR

I wonder when we will start panic buying inadequate players?
Its Chris on 14:37 - May 19 with 2436 viewspaulparker

Its Chris on 13:07 - May 19 by simmo

"Rebuilding the club is our first target," Ferdinand tells the club's website.

"If we can make an immediate return to the Premier League, then great, but we have to focus on re-establishing the traditions of QPR. That will take time, but in Chris we have a man who is relishing the challenge that lies ahead."

This is for me the most important thing, one of the biggest positives for me, with Ramsey, is that he seems proud to be QPR manager. It's not a job that's beneath him, he wants to do his absolute best for the club and that's how it should be. People also need to remember that our previous manager was one of the most experienced and knowledgable in the game and was fcking awful from everything to the football to the balance sheet, so I have no problem with him not having a long CV of appointments.

Also, as above, he's a COACH, not a MANAGER. He's clearly an excellent coach and if we bring the right people in, under the right guidelines and rules relating to a new QPR way of doing things, then I am happy he is the guy that's there to improve them. His in-game mgmt has also been pretty good on the whole, he's reacted well to the match and made changes where needed to improve things, I think we would have seen that even more if he had people actually available to him on the bench that weren't injured or refusing to commit, etc.

Simmo I normally agree with a lot of your posts , but I can't today
he clearly isn't an Excellent coach , please can anyone come on here and tell me what wonderful things he has done or how we have got better , IMHO we have gone backwards since Bagpuss left , 3 wins and 2 of those against a bad Sunderland & possibly the worst team ive seen ever at Hq in Newcastle ,
from what ive seen we are a shambles in defence , surely any great coach would start at organising the defence
we lack concentration
Karl Henry Left wing, someone said it worked against Chelsea, it didn't because we lost
and it didn't work against West Ham either in a must win game we couldn't get up for
we play a system of 4-4-2 that launches it long ball ,
his team selections are a joke, Hoilett, SWP, for starters,
and less said about the pathetic displays against City, Palace & Everton

no wonder Chris is relishing the job, we are the only mugs to offer him a crack at management and on a 3year deal , its jobs for the boys and nothing what so ever about changing the club ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Its Chris on 14:37 - May 19 with 2435 viewsNov77

i suppose we better get used to this now......

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/19/report-qpr-want-former-tottenham-young

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Its Chris on 14:39 - May 19 with 2428 viewsTacticalR

Its Chris on 13:38 - May 19 by TheBlob

Would have preferred Sue Perkins.

Is she from Tottenham?

Air hostess clique

Its Chris on 14:47 - May 19 with 2361 viewsRangersw12

Its Chris on 14:37 - May 19 by paulparker

Simmo I normally agree with a lot of your posts , but I can't today
he clearly isn't an Excellent coach , please can anyone come on here and tell me what wonderful things he has done or how we have got better , IMHO we have gone backwards since Bagpuss left , 3 wins and 2 of those against a bad Sunderland & possibly the worst team ive seen ever at Hq in Newcastle ,
from what ive seen we are a shambles in defence , surely any great coach would start at organising the defence
we lack concentration
Karl Henry Left wing, someone said it worked against Chelsea, it didn't because we lost
and it didn't work against West Ham either in a must win game we couldn't get up for
we play a system of 4-4-2 that launches it long ball ,
his team selections are a joke, Hoilett, SWP, for starters,
and less said about the pathetic displays against City, Palace & Everton

no wonder Chris is relishing the job, we are the only mugs to offer him a crack at management and on a 3year deal , its jobs for the boys and nothing what so ever about changing the club ,

What his he going to have to do in order to change your mind ?

This isn't a short term appointment its all about the long term and actually building something for once

Yes he has made some mistakes but generally he has done a reasonable job with what was left over from Redknapp and I don't think any other manager who was available would of done any better

I think the time to judge Ramsey is in 12/18 months time and it could easily get worse for the club before it gets better
Its Chris on 14:47 - May 19 with 2361 viewsTheBlob

Its Chris on 14:39 - May 19 by TacticalR

Is she from Tottenham?

She can be if you ask very nicely.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024