Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44964 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 18:50 - May 19 with 2628 viewsjohncharles

Its Chris on 18:43 - May 19 by gobbles

Because those are the only options - Rednapp or Ramsey??? In the whole world of football, that's it?

We have a "first team coach" who got the job with no senior experience and a director of football who has never signed a player.

He can't b completely excused our relegation. The Palace away and West Ham at home games were enough to show me he was not the right man. Tactics looked poor, selections odd and he didn't seemed to inspire anyone. Also, who would trust a coach who would go to the papers to slag off his "bad eggs"?

Concentrating on youth is great if you have a bunch of great young players. The under-21s are fourth in League Two (South), the under 18s are seventh in League Two (South).
[Post edited 19 May 2015 18:48]

If Redknapp was in my "Whole world of football" I'd already have my head in the gas oven. If that's how you see it, I can only offer you a 50p coin for the gas.

Strong and stable my arse.

Its Chris on 18:50 - May 19 with 2631 viewspaulparker

Its Chris on 18:18 - May 19 by PunteR

All things considered I think its a sensible appointment.
I honestly think we wouldn't get much better. Pulis wouldn't touch us with a barge poll, Clement if he really wanted the job he would have it by now. Warburton probably wouldn't work with Sir Les. Alladyce would be Redknapp mark2. People rave about Sean Dyche but he's got relegated too,ok he has a smaller budget but then Ramsey hasn't even had a budget yet.
There's no magic formula, Ramsey is a good coach and has the best intentions for QPR, he's got things wrong but he's got things right as well. He wont be here forever and if he's the start of putting the foundations in for QPR long term then I'm happy with that.
We seem to make the same mistakes over and over again and I feel Ramsey is a change of direction for TF.

But how do we know what managers would touch us and who wouldn't
We haven't interviewed anyone , we have had since February to get targets in place,
But what have we done nothing,
I don't buy this theory that Ramsey is a brilliant coach either , our defence is woeful
Any Good coach starts with the defence first and works on it
Are you telling me that Dann & Delaney or Olson & McAuley are better than say ned, caulker or Dunne , no they ain't but they have been coached better
Yun, caulker, ned have all gone backwards as players under him
No one has been able to actually say why Ramsey is this brilliant coach, he has shown me nothing in the games I've seen
Also being a spurs under 21 boss does not qualify him whatsoever to be the manager of this great club
It's a cheap option , jobs for the boys and TF has fcuked us again,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Its Chris on 18:53 - May 19 with 2626 viewsbacardiinbrissie

The way i see it is i can join one of 2 camps.
I can sit here and get bitter and twisted about this and name a whole host of managers out there who were never going to come to us ie Clement, Warburton etc. Does anyone really believe they would have come to us?
OR
I get behind the new manager and support him and give him a fair chance to build his own team and prove himself.

Yes we may well be bottom 6 at Xmas but if it is with a new developing team that are trying to play decent football, then I can go with that
So whilst not being the "dream manager" (and thats all it was- a dream) that we wanted, lets get behind him and give him the season to show us what he is capable of. He may just suprise a few.

Good luck Chris
Its Chris on 19:07 - May 19 with 2554 viewsvodkasupper

Its Chris on 17:18 - May 19 by 08olesen

So TF brings in Arry and Hughes and gets criticized for the big name appointment. He brings in Ramsey and gets criticized for having a cheap appointment. Only at QPR

You do know there are a lot of managers out there that are not "Names" and do have experience.
Its Chris on 19:10 - May 19 with 2540 viewsStraightR

Does anybody actually know that the club didn't interview any other prospective managers before making this appointment?
Its Chris on 19:12 - May 19 with 2532 viewsessextaxiboy

Its Chris on 16:24 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

I give him 10 games before the knives are out.

Have a read... they are fckin out already . I am right behind Ramsey . No fckin way am I shelling out 500 quid and going down there to slag off the team and the manager in August. Some that sit near me will be for sure. .
Its Chris on 19:19 - May 19 with 2499 viewsthehat

Very pleased with the appointment I would of gone for a two year deal but let's now start building from the ground up with people who care for the club and stabilise for a couple of years in the championship.

Let's all get behind Chris and Les and see where it takes us.
Its Chris on 19:19 - May 19 with 2498 viewsgobbles

Its Chris on 18:50 - May 19 by johncharles

If Redknapp was in my "Whole world of football" I'd already have my head in the gas oven. If that's how you see it, I can only offer you a 50p coin for the gas.

What are you talking about? Redknapp is not "my whole world of football". The point was that there are more than those two names to pick from. Other clubs are able to find managers from beyond big names and people in the next door office, why not us?

What has Ramsey done to show he is the right man? We have had since Redknapp left to sound other candidates out. But we didn't even interview anyone. Instead we pick the youth team coach.
Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 19:19 - May 19 with 2495 viewsessextaxiboy

Its Chris on 19:07 - May 19 by vodkasupper

You do know there are a lot of managers out there that are not "Names" and do have experience.

Who ?
Its Chris on 19:23 - May 19 with 2475 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

This has got Moneyball written all over it.
Its Chris on 19:24 - May 19 with 2472 viewsessextaxiboy

Its Chris on 19:19 - May 19 by gobbles

What are you talking about? Redknapp is not "my whole world of football". The point was that there are more than those two names to pick from. Other clubs are able to find managers from beyond big names and people in the next door office, why not us?

What has Ramsey done to show he is the right man? We have had since Redknapp left to sound other candidates out. But we didn't even interview anyone. Instead we pick the youth team coach.

He came here to eventually be the first team coach under Sherwood .
Its Chris on 19:29 - May 19 with 2454 viewsvodkasupper

CR I believe was employed to be Youth Development, for once I thought the club was moving in the right direction, someone with proven track record in youth development, a round peg in a round hole if you will.

But we are qpr, lets promote him to a role he has never done and at the same time let the academy take a backwards step with someone less qualified. Can't wait for the first signing, "Peter Principle" maybe?
Its Chris on 19:30 - May 19 with 2449 viewsessextaxiboy

Its Chris on 17:44 - May 19 by eastside_r

I tend to agree with this.

It has the feel of the 2001 relegation, when Gerry bailed out towards the end to let Ollie take us down.

We're one division better off but about £200m worse off!

That was the beginning of a team that is held up today as entertaining , good to watch and eventually successful ..
Its Chris on 19:32 - May 19 with 2433 viewsSomersetHoops

I think people haven't considered Ramsey's record as a coach which is actually pretty good and lets bear in mind his job is as head coach. In that position I agree with this appointment, but I would have limited to two years with an option for a further year. Where the effort needs to have been made is in our scouting network and this should have been Les Ferdinand's priority, so I hope he has done it. Sometimes savvy clubs keep scouting appointments low key so as not to attract other clubs to their potential targets. I hope this has been our strategy and I hope we already have a list of players, which now the appointment is made, we are poised to act on. It is the quality of our recruitment that will decide where we go from here as I think without the hangover of failure many of our current squad have, CR may be able to coach a well chosen squad towards success. I think the money wasted on Redcrapp's old boys could have done so much more towards getting in well scouted young players with scope for improvement in skill, quality and value and now we will see if our management team and their back-room support are finally up to the job. People trying to guess our line-up next season I hope are p1ssing into the wind - it should be far better than anything we can judge from our present squad. If it isn't we are doomed.

Who's Next?

Its Chris on 19:33 - May 19 with 2433 viewsganjR

Not sure if already said, but:
This is Les' appointment and any players that come in will be Les' players.
Whether this is good or not, we will find out.
Its Chris on 19:44 - May 19 with 2393 viewsVancouverHoop

Its Chris on 19:33 - May 19 by ganjR

Not sure if already said, but:
This is Les' appointment and any players that come in will be Les' players.
Whether this is good or not, we will find out.

Exactly. And that, in the short term, is a much bigger issue than Chris Ramsey's ability to coach football players.

We are going to need a lot of new personnel. There's, at best, a threadbare collection of youth players available so, (surprise!) we'll by buying again. Not (please God!) in the stupid way we have in the the past, but right now no one has any idea how effective Sir Les is as a recruiter. That's a much bigger question mark than the one hanging over Ramsey.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 19:44]
Its Chris on 19:54 - May 19 with 2358 viewsDougal_RBlock

The thing is theres a lot of valid points on this thread....
But we have been pony all season, the only plus points since CR took over is that Redknapp is no longer there and the sudden improvement of Phillips.

Ramsey is not my preferred 1st choice of manager BUT we've got to give him a chance.

The likes of Dyche, Rodgers and for even some of you Sherwood didn't just become managers over night. They did a lot as coaches or youth team managers or in the background of clubs over a period of years then got given a chance. Wasn't Rodgers at Reading and did sh!te??? Then he nearly won the league with the Scousers.

This is now CR's chance, not the last few months with a team that wasn't his.

I think i'm right in saying that at one point Chris Ramsey was England u20 Manager??? So he must be pretty highly thought of in the football world.

Lets give him a FULL pre season, let's give him time to buy HIS players, get his style of play on the team..... and you never know we might have discovered a top top manager.
Its Chris on 20:02 - May 19 with 2332 viewsYorkRanger

Its Chris on 17:41 - May 19 by HollowayRanger

two big pluses were the way fer and phillips turned up to play under him

but the performance v wet spam a game we HAD TO GO FOR still winds me up big time and the city roll over wtf was that

Fer? Assume you missed Man City away Holloway?
Its Chris on 20:07 - May 19 with 2307 viewsrichranger

Its Chris on 20:02 - May 19 by YorkRanger

Fer? Assume you missed Man City away Holloway?

Interesting that on his youtube interview after getting the job, that Chris Ramsey thanked Les Ferdinand for giving him the job. Was obviously his appointment.

Ramsey also said wants to play in a slick passing way that we have played in the past.
Very good interview
[Post edited 19 May 2015 20:10]
Its Chris on 20:16 - May 19 with 2274 viewskensalriser

No signings in Jan.

Cheapskate managerial appointment.

No movement on Warren Farm. Few positive signs on Old Oak.

This all suggests two things to me. One, the board is concerned about FFP. Two, they're looking to exit and have decided to stop spending.

All the puff about returning the club to its core values is just that, puff to appease the fans. And I'm not particularly anti-Fernandes. I'm just calling what I see.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Its Chris on 20:23 - May 19 with 2245 viewsessextaxiboy

Its Chris on 20:07 - May 19 by richranger

Interesting that on his youtube interview after getting the job, that Chris Ramsey thanked Les Ferdinand for giving him the job. Was obviously his appointment.

Ramsey also said wants to play in a slick passing way that we have played in the past.
Very good interview
[Post edited 19 May 2015 20:10]

He also mentioned training properly and being available for matches . He sticks to those rules and I think explains some of his selections . He will pick someone who is commited than a more talented player who is not .
Its Chris on 20:24 - May 19 with 2245 viewsvodkasupper

Its Chris on 19:19 - May 19 by essextaxiboy

Who ?

Seriouly you can't think of any?

I'd sooner have 'Wild Thing' come in if this is where we are shopping.
Its Chris on 20:39 - May 19 with 2174 viewsessextaxiboy

Its Chris on 20:24 - May 19 by vodkasupper

Seriouly you can't think of any?

I'd sooner have 'Wild Thing' come in if this is where we are shopping.

No I cant think of anyone ..who is less of a gamble than Ramsey . I can think of plenty who are more or as much of one .
Its Chris on 20:55 - May 19 with 2130 viewskingshill

Its Chris on 16:23 - May 19 by CFW

Probably another of Sir Les's mates!!!

This has always been a given as far as can see - it was bloody obvious he was going to get the appointment. First of all he is the cheap option, secondly he is Sir Les's best mate and thirdly a lot of players have been sucking up to him during the past few weeks.

This is NOT what I wanted for our club and I do totally agree with other posters that we have not drawn up a short list of candidates, held interviews and selected the best candidate for the job.

The worry for me is that someone who is supposed to be a very well respected coach was unable during the past three months to coach a team of experience players to defend. We can go on about BZ being a donkey, not signing another forward to help Charlie and losing Remy before the start of the season but the facts are we have scored enough goals to stay in the Premier Division. It has been our defending that has cost us big time.

Whilst I fully appreciate you can only work with what you have WBA and Palace sorted out their defensive problems PDQ with the same players. To me we cannot defend, hold on to the ball or pass the ball to one of our players when we are under pressure.

I do think however by making this decision early (even though it might not be what we wanted) it gives the club ample time to sort out things early. IMHO we will see exactly what Ramsey is like within the first month from the end of the season. I want him to be ruthless - I want him to sort out Traore and Adel early and I want him to be strong, look for a few good signings, good loans and adopt a playing system and stick with it.

I want Sir Les to step up - ban Twitter (as he said he is going to do) with NO EXCEPTIONS, I want him to look beyond Spurs rejects and employ young people with fresh ideas. I want Bond to go, I want our Chairman to stop making a dick of himself with stupid promises he cannot keep. Most of all I want to get back to enjoying supporting the team I have followed for over 50 years.

That sir, sums up my feelings better than I ever could have.

I thank you................................
Its Chris on 21:11 - May 19 with 2072 viewsMonkey_Roots

Its Chris on 18:02 - May 19 by gobbles

So what do you judge him on? That is his only senior management experience.

His own pre-season, his own players playing to represent his style of play (which should be QPR's style).

Once he's had a chance to all this, I'll judge him, not when he's having to mop someone else's shite.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024