Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44965 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 22:02 - May 19 with 2894 viewsHOOPNO7

We could have got Mark Warburton, Paul Clement or Nigel Adkins in but we didn't.
TF had a Dream Manager but he has vanished like a Malaysian 777.
For all the positive spin the club will put into CR's appointment I feel an opportunity has been missed. If we are going for a money ball approach then we need a DOF & Head Coach that actually has experience of the lower leagues & not just Tottenham's academy.
I am willing to give CR a chance to prove his worth as head coach but the club needs to:
1)Get rid of SWP, Hoillett, Caulker, Zamora, Dunne, Green, Taarabt, Fer, Sandro & Barton + all the loanees. This will cut the wage bill massively.
2) Try their hardest to keep Phillips & Austin.
3) Bring in players under the age of 26 that have experience of the championship & see QPR as a club they can grow with & not just a pay check.
4) Get Ale Faurlin fit & make him captain. He is everything good about QPR & we should look after players like him. If he doesn't make it then he should be offered a coaching role.
5) Have a proper pre-season so that the players are fit come the start of the season.
6) Offer coaching roles to former players like Kevin Gallen, Lee Cook, Martin Rowlands, Clint Hill & Rio Ferdinand (he should have retired last season in my opinion) All have experience which they could share with youngsters/newcomers about what QPR is all about.
7) Stop tweeting about the new academy & stadium until they are actually a reality & not just TF's little wet dream.
8) Price tickets & season tickets at a realistic level to make sure will fill Loftus Road.

The Cynic in me believes not much of this will happen, but I live in hope .
[Post edited 19 May 2015 22:04]
Its Chris on 22:05 - May 19 with 2879 viewsgobbles

Its Chris on 21:11 - May 19 by Monkey_Roots

His own pre-season, his own players playing to represent his style of play (which should be QPR's style).

Once he's had a chance to all this, I'll judge him, not when he's having to mop someone else's shite.

We couldn't judge Warnock until he spent his Premiership wad; we couldn't judge Hughes until he brought in his own players, we couldn't judge Redknapp until he had signed his own squad. So we ended up with lots of players nobody wants and went bust.
At some point, a good coach should be able to work with players that are already there.
Its Chris on 22:05 - May 19 with 2878 viewsQPRMUSO

I'm not surprised at all.

He gets my support but I want to see and hear some encouraging signs and fast!
Its Chris on 22:06 - May 19 with 2873 viewspaesanu

I really really really really had a great first impression of him. I heard him talk, he seems grounded, charming, sensible, likeable.

However for me to accept this appointment, I need some closure and understanding on some alarmingly horrible decisions.

1. One of his first games, I think we were losing not sure, he put on SWP in injury time. 2. Playing 4 centre backs
3. Persisting with Henry on left
4. Putting on the biggest leech for a standing ovation on the club's darkest day of the season. It's not like the fans went across London, it was a 400+ mile round trip to watch an awful performance, a confirmed relegation and an undeserved multimillionaire getting adulation like beloved royalty.

Personally the last one is unforgivable, it symbolises that he doesn't get that the old regime shouldn't be indulged.

But as I said, he's likeable enough. But I need him to justify or apologise for the above 4 points.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 7:23]

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Its Chris on 22:22 - May 19 with 2812 viewsflynnbo

Noticed that Bradley Allen and a certain Justin Cochrane are involved in Tottenham 's youth set-up so with LF maybe that's why we look at their players. Failing that, it could just mean we have no scouting network beyond north London.
Its Chris on 22:23 - May 19 with 2808 viewsbaz_qpr

Not massively over the moon with the appointment, I think if he gets a bad start the crowd will turn very quickly so he's at a bit of a disadvantage.

I guess the real issues now are what is the style of play, player acquisition and retention. The lack of experience in the back room is also a concern, the sensible thing would be to add some real championship experience to the coaching staff.

Still think the goal for next season is survival, we've all seen with Fulham how quickly it can go wrong when you get the balance between youth and experience wrong
Its Chris on 22:37 - May 19 with 2758 viewsfakekerby

Meanwhile, Terry Sheringham is speaking to League Two Stevenage after getting his coaching badges at West Ham.

Plenty of young hungry potential managers out there who would have loved a chance with us, but we didn't even bother speaking to any of them.

I'm even more alarmed after Ramseys interview stating we will see who is available before deciding on a style of play. That's completely the wrong way around.
Its Chris on 22:51 - May 19 with 2720 viewsvblockranger

This time next year we will be looking for a new manager and Uncle Bungle will be buying Ramsey out of the remaining 2 years of his contract. All end in tears.
Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 22:52 - May 19 with 2713 viewsingeminate

Its Chris on 22:37 - May 19 by fakekerby

Meanwhile, Terry Sheringham is speaking to League Two Stevenage after getting his coaching badges at West Ham.

Plenty of young hungry potential managers out there who would have loved a chance with us, but we didn't even bother speaking to any of them.

I'm even more alarmed after Ramseys interview stating we will see who is available before deciding on a style of play. That's completely the wrong way around.

Pleased with this, big hopes for next year.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Its Chris on 23:30 - May 19 with 2632 viewsdaveB

Its Chris on 22:37 - May 19 by fakekerby

Plenty of young hungry managers but the argument against Ramsey seems to be his lack of experience which would be the same argument against Sherringham, Clement and every other young potential manager
Its Chris on 23:44 - May 19 with 2604 viewsTheBlob

Its Chris on 23:30 - May 19 by daveB

Plenty of young hungry managers but the argument against Ramsey seems to be his lack of experience which would be the same argument against Sherringham, Clement and every other young potential manager

Ramsey is 53,is that in the "young"category?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Its Chris on 23:52 - May 19 with 2575 viewsPunteR

Its Chris on 18:50 - May 19 by paulparker

But how do we know what managers would touch us and who wouldn't
We haven't interviewed anyone , we have had since February to get targets in place,
But what have we done nothing,
I don't buy this theory that Ramsey is a brilliant coach either , our defence is woeful
Any Good coach starts with the defence first and works on it
Are you telling me that Dann & Delaney or Olson & McAuley are better than say ned, caulker or Dunne , no they ain't but they have been coached better
Yun, caulker, ned have all gone backwards as players under him
No one has been able to actually say why Ramsey is this brilliant coach, he has shown me nothing in the games I've seen
Also being a spurs under 21 boss does not qualify him whatsoever to be the manager of this great club
It's a cheap option , jobs for the boys and TF has fcuked us again,

We might as well had a great big flashing neon light with a strobes pointing to ' Manager vacancy apply within ' above Loftus rd.
Anyone who really wanted that job would have thrown their hat in the ring,but they weren't exactly queuing up down South Africa rd.
I think Ramsey must be good coach to get where he is now..
Ok he may not be be the next Mourinio or Wenger but we are playing championship football now not champions league,lets see what happens.
I also don't get the "cheap option"dismay. Surely with the financial mess we seem to be in the cheap option is not such a bad idea.
Im not a fan of TF,I think he's a buffoon ,but if Les Ferdinand DOF at QPR wants Ramsey in then I'm all for it. We've tried everything else anyway,without employing every manager under the sun.
Roll on next season,maybe catch you for a beer PP.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Its Chris on 23:57 - May 19 with 2569 viewsdaveB

Its Chris on 23:44 - May 19 by TheBlob

nope
Its Chris on 23:59 - May 19 with 2561 viewsGetMeRangers

Its Chris on 23:44 - May 19 by TheBlob

This is getting more confusing by the minute. Some want experienced managers, some want young hungry managers. Even the 'Wild Thing' has been mentioned, who seems to have proved himself with no experience to be a good manager at Div 2 level.

Unless I am wrong, CR has got plenty of experience as a coach, all be it at youth level yet at a club which has brought through some very exciting young talent (some of whom we have had the pleasure of seeing in hoops as they gained experience away from their parent club of Spurs). He has been appointed as head coach... seems he ticks that box in some way .

Is he hungry...? I am fairly certain he is and appears to have the club at heart, even if it is in part to further his own career.

Surely hungry and with some decent experience behind him, along with being involved for a while with the new direction the club wants to move in, is a good thing?

I know I am gullible, but I am more than happy with this appointment. I am even considering getting a season ticket again for the first time in 30 years
Its Chris on 00:08 - May 20 with 2547 viewsHooped_Pullie

Normally, time travel is impossible.

However, it is now a possibility to see into the future…

Come with me…..

QPR Official Website - 1 November 2015

CLUB STATEMENT

The Club can confirm that Chris Ramsey has left his role as head coach today by mutual consent.

Chairman Tony Fernandes said " This has been a hard decision for all concerned, as we really believed that Chris was the man to take us forward in the coming years. However, with the team only being kept off the bottom of the Championship by Fulham's inferior goal difference, the board and I decided to act in the best interests of all concerned. Obviously, we wish Chris well for his future career, and thank him for all the hard work he has put in at Loftus Road. An interview process for the new head coach will now begin, and we will be looking for someone with direct experience at this level".

The Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Its Chris on 01:10 - May 20 with 2490 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Its Chris on 20:55 - May 19 by kingshill

That sir, sums up my feelings better than I ever could have.

I thank you................................

Seconded
Its Chris on 01:27 - May 20 with 2481 viewsBoroughQPR

So let me get this straight people on here are upset we have an unproven manager.

Yet in the same breath are complaining we didn't go for Clement who has absolutely zero experience in managing, yes he's been a number 2 but as stated before number Two's don't always work out just look at Terry Conner Who I'm guessing most of you are worried Chris Ramsey might end up being.

Sherringham?? Sherringham ffs the only experience he has had is being an attacking coach for West Ham they have been so attacking since he's been coaching haven't they??

Also you want Nigel Adkins who if you remember was a bloody physio before being thrown into management.

With Sir Les at the helm as DOF I don't think we have a bad little management team happening here, we have a club legend who always used to speaks highly of us and looked out foefor our results. So I can only assume he has our best interests in mind. In Chris we have a man looking to show what he can do. He has had some success in America and he has changed us in the short period of time.

He has wanted to be our manager since day one, he has a connection to the players no other manager has had. I haven't witnessed in the last few years a team that has been down and out actually play with pride like we have after a drumming like we had against city.

On the subject it wasn't the darkest day in our history people so get your head out of your ar ses.

Let's give him a chance and see what he can do with HIS team. We love to have someone as a scapegoat weather it be the chairman or the manager to the kit man. Let's stop being so negative and let's SUPPORT the team for once. I know we've had some crap players on too much wage but I really believe this is going to change with Sir Les as DOF we have a "Football man" looking after the football. He won't steer us wrong.

And Chedder
Its Chris on 03:13 - May 20 with 2445 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I was under the impression QPR were in the market for a CEO but now I realise they meant CO - the "Cheap Option".
Its Chris on 03:25 - May 20 with 2441 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Its Chris on 18:42 - May 19 by timcocking

I wish the moaners would shut up and give him a fair chance. He can't be blamed for inheriting Redknapp's disaster zone. But for a few late goals, he'd have turned it around and kept us up brilliantly.

Give the bloke a chance and stop crying like babies!

Oh the late goals excuse again. Funny how we weren't buying it from Redknapp but because Chris is a nice guy we should make reasonable adjustments. It's a quite comical appointment whichever way you try to sugar coat it.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 3:35]
Its Chris on 03:27 - May 20 with 2441 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Its Chris on 17:42 - May 19 by Discodroids

" oh hello !! Managers-R-US !!...im looking to locate a manager who can be operated like Roger de courceys nookie bear..A man who i can control With absolute totality like Dudley Rushes lion glove puppet from ' keep it in the family'. A likeness to Phillip From 'rising damp ' would be advantageous, though not essential....Im on a budget , i can only go to free nobbys nuts from the sprinbok for his followers.

He is Rather old? You do? Oh, oh, that's wonderful....Christopher Ramsey You Say !"

"my name ?..Oh Yes ,, Fernandes ......Anthony Francis Fernandes .."

Worth hiring the cheap option just for this post alone. Good to see nobbys nuts getting another honourable mention.
Its Chris on 04:58 - May 20 with 2422 viewscorse

ferdinand got what he wanted and i hope it wont be another shower of piss over us.
so far ramsey has worked with the players redknapp left him and i have not been impressed at all. he has a massive rebuilding in his hands and lets see what comes out of it. anything above mid table finish next season will do. if he is about to rely on our youngsters only with couple of lower league add ons then it will be league one in season 16/17 and he will be out the door. ferdinand and fernandes still here pissing all over us.
i cannot help it but i fear this wont come any good.
mark warburton would have been far better signing.
Its Chris on 08:00 - May 20 with 2348 viewsPommyhoop

I'm happy enough with this.I cant be arsed to go into detail I've said my piece on other threads.
Hunter, PunteR and bacardi's posts on this thread basically sum up how I feel.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Its Chris on 08:16 - May 20 with 2323 viewsDorse

For what it's worth, I'm happy to give CR (and by extension Sir Les) the opportunity to back up the rhetoric with action. In the main, the negatives we've all identified have been caused by a situation that was not of either Ramsey's or Ferdinand's making. Fernandes took his eye off the ball last season and needs to get things sorted one way or another and as for Redknapp? Don't get me started.

Ramsey is who we've got. Most of us seem either non-plussed or cautiously optimistic. To be fair, I felt a whole lot more negative when Paul Hart, Stuart Houston and John Gregory were appointed. Mind you, I was also non-plussed when Warnock was appointed and he certainly rammed that opinion back down my throat!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Its Chris on 08:31 - May 20 with 2293 viewsDiscodroids

From the dawn of time i came; moving silently down through the centuries of the combination leagues, spurs u-12's and coaching the Naxxar lions..living many secret lives with only the watchtower as my guide..., struggling to reach the time of the QPR Gathering; when the few who remain will battle to the last. No one has ever known we were among you... until now.

I am Chris Ramsey of the Clan Ramsey . I was born in 1518 in the village of Bristol on the shores of Loch avon . And I am Gash.

"there can be only one (interview)"

as teddy pendergrass would say 'joy'
[Post edited 20 May 2015 8:42]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Its Chris on 08:53 - May 20 with 2248 viewsAgedR

At the danger of enraging Shotknees, the anti SWP reason against Ramsey could be a bit of a red herring.

Yes, we hate him and everything he stands for, but, you can't really expect Ramsey to share this strength of feeling.

He has stated that everyone has a clean slate. There have been pretty strong rumours that SWP has trained better than Tarabt, Zarate, Traore and Vargas (prior to his knee). It's not entirely surprising he's been given a run out.

Let's face it, SWP is Warnock's mess, not Ramsey's.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024