Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? 15:15 - Mar 1 with 8134 viewsSuffolkHoop

Can anyone post a list? I know we still have a few high earning remnants left from the recent Redknapp/Hughes madness, but do they all go this year?
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 09:40 - Mar 2 with 1498 viewsfrancisbowles

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 08:33 - Mar 2 by simmo

FCK HOILETT IN THE A. I am not suddenly turned based on a handful of average perfromances, for all of his 'improvements' he still doesn't have an end product most of the time and for how rich we've made him in the last 4 years vs his return - he should be kicked out the door.

Out of contract this summer:

Robert GREEN - BYE
Gabriele ANGELLA - Inclined to wait and see, potentially if the terms are right
Clint HILL - Whatever he wants, ideally player/coach, but he should be able to choose
Paul KONCHESKY - BYE
Yun SUK-YOUNG - Personally I would offer a low deal, but mgmt don't seem to like him
Armand TRAORE - As DD would say - REMOVE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE
Samba DIAKITE - Bye
Alejandro FAURLIN - Another year, although I think he's going to want assurances on playing
Oscar GOBERN - FFS...
Karl HENRY - Bye, although still think we need a similar type of player
Junior HOILETT - BYE
Frankie SUTHERLAND - Don't know enough, progress seems to have stalled...
Michael DOUGHTY - Did he sign a 1 or 2 year deal? I'd offer an extension anyway, especially if Faurlin doesn't stay
Tyler BLACKWOOD - Bye

Great summary, Simmo. I would agree with all that.

As for Hoilett, although much improved recently, he (or his father) is unlikely to reduce his money to the level required and someone will probably offer him more than we would. He is a risk anyway as he may regress again or his 'piano wire' hamstrings may return. Not worth the gamble. Just use him this season so that we can gradually get El Kayate up to speed.
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 09:50 - Mar 2 with 1491 viewsnadera78

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 08:34 - Mar 2 by PunteR

I think that's harsh.
Ok he hasn't been much good for the previous 3 seasons , in fact he's been useless in some games but the fact he's still here and improving shows to me a level of commitment we never saw from previous so called mercenary's we've had here.
I think he's a very useful player in the championship but unfortunately his wages are premiership wages.
Is he now putting in the effort because his contract is up? I'm not convinced it is. He's still young at 24/25 and he might genuinely feel more settled here and bought into what LF and JFH is trying to do. However we have Kayarti/coyote who looks good and can play on the left,on probably at quarter of Hoillets wages,so it would be daft to resign Hoillet unless his contract is massively reduced.
I can see someone like Hughes signing him in the summer though. I wont lose any sleep about it,but I feel we're letting another potentially good player slip through the net without really getting the best out of him,which is frustrating.
I think JFH can get the best out of him same as Phillips . Both could be valuable players next season in terms of their performance but also increase their sell on value. I dunno, I'm rambling.
Maybe its best to wipe the slate clean

He's still here, as you say, for one reason only - no-one else would take him for the money he's on. And don't think he hasn't tried to leave and we haven't shopped him around.

And I still maintain that for all his 'improvement' this season we still haven't seen much from him. The odd dribble, the odd shot on goal, but very little end product and absolutely no defensive work whatsoever.

There's a couple of really good bits in Moneyball (the book, that is) that are applicable to Junior Hoilett. Billy Bean talks about scouts, coaches, etc looking at players and 'projecting' when in fact they should be looking at the evidence. Secondly, that at 25 (soon to be 26) a player has topped out, and what you see is very much what you get. There is limited room for improvement at that point. And the evidence on Hoilett is pretty clear as far as I'm concerned.
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 13:39 - Mar 2 with 1394 viewswhittocksRs

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 18:05 - Mar 1 by PunteR

He might struggle getting wages like that anywhere else though, unless he went abroad maybe?.

That's what I expect will happen. China or the Middle East.
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 14:52 - Mar 2 with 1363 viewsPunteR

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 09:50 - Mar 2 by nadera78

He's still here, as you say, for one reason only - no-one else would take him for the money he's on. And don't think he hasn't tried to leave and we haven't shopped him around.

And I still maintain that for all his 'improvement' this season we still haven't seen much from him. The odd dribble, the odd shot on goal, but very little end product and absolutely no defensive work whatsoever.

There's a couple of really good bits in Moneyball (the book, that is) that are applicable to Junior Hoilett. Billy Bean talks about scouts, coaches, etc looking at players and 'projecting' when in fact they should be looking at the evidence. Secondly, that at 25 (soon to be 26) a player has topped out, and what you see is very much what you get. There is limited room for improvement at that point. And the evidence on Hoilett is pretty clear as far as I'm concerned.

He is here for one reason only. We gave him a ridiculous 4 year contract.
Imho he has improved this season. Like I said,we shouldn't resign him unless he takes a massive pay cut,and what are the chances of that happening?
Take away the money aspect, I think there's room for improvement. There's not many players that have joined QPR and suddenly become world beaters. We've been a mess at the club but things are improving, its a shame he signed for us when he did,as I think JFH would get more out of him than Hughes or Redknapps time here could.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 14:59 - Mar 2 with 1356 viewsLongsufferingR

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:32 - Mar 1 by whittocksRs

Literally the only piece of insider knowledge I have at QPR is on Hoilett. His dad negotiates all of his contracts and will not let him stay at Rangers unless the wages are basically the same as he's on now...

That's excellent news. Cheered me up no end.

Carry on playing hardball mate and see where your son ends up!
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 15:04 - Mar 2 with 1349 viewsDiscodroids

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 08:33 - Mar 2 by simmo

FCK HOILETT IN THE A. I am not suddenly turned based on a handful of average perfromances, for all of his 'improvements' he still doesn't have an end product most of the time and for how rich we've made him in the last 4 years vs his return - he should be kicked out the door.

Robert GREEN - BYE
Clint HILL - Whatever he wants, ideally player/coach, but he should be able to choose
Paul KONCHESKY - BYE
Yun SUK-YOUNG - Personally I would offer a low deal, but mgmt don't seem to like him
Samba DIAKITE - Bye
Alejandro FAURLIN - Another year, although I think he's going to want assurances on playing
Oscar GOBERN - FFS...
Junior HOILETT - BYE
Michael DOUGHTY - Did he sign a 1 or 2 year deal? I'd offer an extension anyway, especially if Faurlin doesn't stay
Tyler BLACKWOOD - Bye

Agree with every Single word.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 15:32 - Mar 2 with 1320 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As Yun has played so few games for us wouldn't he be unlikely to secure a work permit even if we offered him a new deal?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 16:03 - Mar 2 with 1294 viewsqprphil

Its all well and good moaning about Junior and his 4 year deal, I expect at that time he was of interest to many clubs, and we offered a deal which would keep him our player and if anyone wanted him they would have to pay big money. Ok it didn't work out, but supposing he was fantastic, and only on a 2 year deal and everyone was trying to sign him, people would be saying, why was he only on a 2 year deal. HINDSIGHT. We could have had Charlie on a 2 year deal ( example )
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:02 - Mar 2 with 1278 viewsLowerloftLad

No to renewing any player of old on silly money

Caulker 3.5 mill
Fer 2/3 mill
Sandro Almost any offers

Doughty was asked about his future as there reports Swindon want to buy him I would like to keep him but if there was a decent offer on the cards with a good sell on fee I would let him go

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:23 - Mar 2 with 1260 viewsFloridaR

Robert GREEN - BYE
Paul KONCHESKY - BYE
Samba DIAKITE - Bye
Oscar GOBERN - FFS...
Junior HOILETT - BYE
Tyler BLACKWOOD - Bye

Agreed, good list. Getting rid of Henry and Faurlin would force JFH to reinvent the midfield and would be a good thing to get the side going again.

I'd throw out Phillips as well if good offer came in.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:34 - Mar 2 with 1246 viewssimmo

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:23 - Mar 2 by FloridaR

Agreed, good list. Getting rid of Henry and Faurlin would force JFH to reinvent the midfield and would be a good thing to get the side going again.

I'd throw out Phillips as well if good offer came in.

Oh as far as offers incoming, if they were good enough (the offers)I would agree to sell pretty much anybody except Smithies, Hall, Luongo and Washington. There's a spine there of young, hungry players with an average age of about 24 - that's who we should be building the team around in the next few years. Of course I would also be disappointed to lose people like Faurlin, Robinson, Polter, Chery, Chief etc but if good offers came in for them and we had decent replacements lined up, then we have to consider them.

We will also really struggle to shift Sandro, Fer & (to a lesser extent) Caulker, so we might just have to take a hit on those or hope the Chinese/Turkish/Middle Eastern clubs are feeling generous.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:39 - Mar 2 with 1236 viewssimmo

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 16:03 - Mar 2 by qprphil

Its all well and good moaning about Junior and his 4 year deal, I expect at that time he was of interest to many clubs, and we offered a deal which would keep him our player and if anyone wanted him they would have to pay big money. Ok it didn't work out, but supposing he was fantastic, and only on a 2 year deal and everyone was trying to sign him, people would be saying, why was he only on a 2 year deal. HINDSIGHT. We could have had Charlie on a 2 year deal ( example )

But by that same 'supposing' - what if he was given a shorter deal, knew he didn't have the security of a lucrative long term contract behind him so actually had to prove he was worth an extension or a bigger move elsewhere and it meant he performed better? Like we did with Hall (example)

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 18:48 - Mar 2 with 1205 viewsqprphil

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:39 - Mar 2 by simmo

But by that same 'supposing' - what if he was given a shorter deal, knew he didn't have the security of a lucrative long term contract behind him so actually had to prove he was worth an extension or a bigger move elsewhere and it meant he performed better? Like we did with Hall (example)

As I say, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I do take your point though, nobody knows the answer Simmo. I would keep all those that I felt had QPR at heart, not just a big wage packet, but no one wants to be paid peanuts. Money is the main driving force, and always will be in 95% of cases.
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 20:36 - Mar 2 with 1160 viewsTGRRRSSS

Loanees will go, Green, Hoilett (no surprise he's suddenly turning it on surely)

Think we will have a leaner look next season, hopefully younger and hungrier.
Assume Clint retireing, not sure if a coaching role could be in the offing, as I think he has so much to offer behind the scenes.
Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 21:24 - Mar 2 with 1141 viewsPeterHucker

Jimmy's squad building - who's out of contract this summer? on 17:32 - Mar 1 by whittocksRs

Literally the only piece of insider knowledge I have at QPR is on Hoilett. His dad negotiates all of his contracts and will not let him stay at Rangers unless the wages are basically the same as he's on now...

Good, well he can eff off then. He's been dogshit in 95% of his games for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024