Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 50933 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 15:29 - Apr 21 with 2797 viewsjustanillusion

"For the record I will be renewing both mine and my 16 year old's season tickets for the Pearl Street regardless of the outcome on prices as Dale is where I spend my spare cash and enjoy my leisure time and as I referred to in my original post the increase for my personal circumstances is ok for me if not ideal."

Out of interest toffeemanc , will you renew you're 16 years old Season ticket next season when £89 becomes £259? With them moving into the sixth form student/apprentice/U21 bracket
Season tickets on 15:37 - Apr 21 with 2756 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 15:16 - Apr 21 by pioneer

"If the club were to meet the measures in the trusts letter then surely there will be a negative financial impact on the club as they won't be taking as much money from season ticket sales as they would have budgeted for when announcing the original prices. - Nothing positive for the club here. "

The amount they budgeted for would have depended on what they assumed the response to the pricing structure would be. Based on the feedback on here - they miscalculated that very badly so revisiting the pricing structure might actually bring them nearer to their budget than not revisiting it.

As TS (I think) has described there are still ways of getting a ST or attending games on a pay as you go basis without increasing your total expenditure at the club.

I would imagine that if the club don't have a rethink then the best thing for people to do would be put the money to one side that you are willing to pay - for me its last seasons £333. Then just use it throughout the season to go to games as you wish. Maybe forfeit the pre season games at Spotland and the JPT games, a few Tuesday night games? I know throughout the season there's always a few I cant get to due to other commitments so it'll even up my 4.5 'free games' anyway.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 15:56 - Apr 21 with 2708 viewsTVOS1907

Season tickets on 14:13 - Apr 21 by R17ALE

I don't think the club could spin a coin TS! It's been a shortcoming for years. As mentioned by virtually everyone, it's so sad taken into context with all that is so good about the club this season.

I've bitten my tongue on this one, but I'm afraid the powers that be need to go on a Sales Course and learn how to sell a product.

Rule number one: If it's good enough, the price becomes less relevant.
Rule number two: Create urgency and a clamour to buy.
Rule number three: Reward those who buy early with a cheaper price.

We've managed to miss all three rules spectacularly.

The way to apply Rule Number One is to focus on the number of games supporters will see for free. I've had to read all the small print to find this and the answer is 4.5.

Seriously. 4.5

Why not go the whole hog and round it up to 5?

But, 5 is too few for those who cannot make Tuesday nights as we've had six this season. At a stroke around 600 fans are not going to buy because of this. Solution? Make it 7 games free and advertise it as "Watch 30% of your football for FREE"

The actual maths from the club is wrong anyway. In the Sandy a season ticket will cost £315. If I pay at the gate though 23 x £15 = £345 which means I'll get two free games, not 4.5

Finally, your last point is so relevant and so very glaringly obvious. The club could have hand-picked a few concerned fans who would have shown them what to sell, how to sell it, to who, and for how much. That they didn't even ask tells us all we need to know. And this isn't a dig at staff, this type of leadership has to come from above.

But I'll still be buying one!!

The missing 0.5 is to compensate for all the times TS leaves early!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season tickets on 16:12 - Apr 21 with 2671 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 15:56 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

That would be every single game then

To be fair I'm over the ST issue now, I've moved on. The powers that be have obviously thought long and hard about this and decided they know best, the proof will obviously be in the pudding. Like I said , they aren't forcing anybody to buy one.

Sometime during August,i imagine at one of the Board meetings,they will discuss how many season tickets have been sold and compare the income to last year. That's when they will know the wisdom of their decisions.

Somebody posted its only about the price and the fans are not bothered about any other issues, that's probably one of the most misguided comments I've seen on the forum in a long time. Even a change in the pricing structure won't repair the damage, the way this was sold to the Supporters was a insult to our intelligence. If it was a deliberate attempt to mislead the fans then the people behind it need to get out of bed a lot earlier than they have been doing.We weren't brought up on the last banana boat (can you still say that?)
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 16:58]
Season tickets on 16:15 - Apr 21 with 2654 viewsChaffRAFC

Season tickets on 15:56 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

I had no idea how annoying that was until I was sat on his row!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season tickets on 16:35 - Apr 21 with 2609 viewsSandyman

If this situation isn't resolved, there's a deeper problem that could arise. One statement made by the club earlier this week was that they were contacting lapsed season ticket holders to try and get them to renew. Difficult given the June 2015 price increases compared to what they paid in years gone by.

Now to the present. A supporter objects in 2016 to the £37 increase that isn't an increase and doesn't renew, also giving up the SPP "early bird" £25 voucher. Come April/May 2017, those supporters will see that price as £59 more than they paid in 2015 which is an even bigger incentive not to bother.

Supporters buying season tickets early in April 2015 have already paid, 12 months in advance, wether they attend or not, for the next home game on April 30th 2016 such is their commitment. Most companies would bust a gut to keep customers like that, not try and push something through that loses them. Putting this matter right will go a long way towards preventing further damage.
Season tickets on 16:37 - Apr 21 with 2602 viewsToffeemanc

Season tickets on 15:29 - Apr 21 by justanillusion

"For the record I will be renewing both mine and my 16 year old's season tickets for the Pearl Street regardless of the outcome on prices as Dale is where I spend my spare cash and enjoy my leisure time and as I referred to in my original post the increase for my personal circumstances is ok for me if not ideal."

Out of interest toffeemanc , will you renew you're 16 years old Season ticket next season when £89 becomes £259? With them moving into the sixth form student/apprentice/U21 bracket

If my personal circumstances in 12 months time are the same as now to be honest yes I would still renew both season tickets next year despite the big jump in price from under 16's to under 21's.
I do think the jump in price from under 16 to under 21 is currently far too big and needs seriously looking at though. Maybe we need a 17-19 age bracket in between priced to take into account that this age group will still be in education etc.?
I wouldn't lie about being happy to pay the big difference either because I wouldn't be happy. Ultimately though I know I would renew as it is my main leisure activity with my child and my child currently pays the £89 for their own season ticket from saving money they are given for Christmas/birthday/spends etc.
As my child will still be in education next year in sixth form I won't be expecting them to pay the increased price and I will give them the difference between the 2 prices (currently £170) so that they are able to renew.

Whether my child would want to renew at £259 if they had to pay the full amount themselves is another matter entirely.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Season tickets on 16:38 - Apr 21 with 2591 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 16:15 - Apr 21 by ChaffRAFC

I had no idea how annoying that was until I was sat on his row!

That will never happen again, i won't be sitting in those seats next season and you are moving into the Sandy aren't you? I'm gonna miss you big fella.

Actually looking forward to watching from different areas of the Stadium next season.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 16:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 17:02 - Apr 21 with 2516 viewsR17ALE

Season tickets on 16:38 - Apr 21 by TalkingSutty

That will never happen again, i won't be sitting in those seats next season and you are moving into the Sandy aren't you? I'm gonna miss you big fella.

Actually looking forward to watching from different areas of the Stadium next season.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 16:39]

I hope to see you in the Sandy, assuming you can last 90 minutes on your feet.

100 minutes if Darren Ferguson is the opposition manager!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season tickets on 18:56 - Apr 21 with 2355 viewsYouTubeDale

This is the time for the Directors to gain kudos and give in to the demands set out by the Trust, after listening carefully to the members. They will gain great respect in doing so.

It seems like revenue will fall if they don't given the strength of feeling here and it goes without saying that every Dale fan is precious to the club financially.

Who is to say that the new strategy of offering free tickets won't be a big success ? If it is, that could mean extra income from accompanying parents and friends which could offset greatly any reduction in revenue from the youngsters.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Season tickets on 19:16 - Apr 21 with 2307 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 18:56 - Apr 21 by YouTubeDale

This is the time for the Directors to gain kudos and give in to the demands set out by the Trust, after listening carefully to the members. They will gain great respect in doing so.

It seems like revenue will fall if they don't given the strength of feeling here and it goes without saying that every Dale fan is precious to the club financially.

Who is to say that the new strategy of offering free tickets won't be a big success ? If it is, that could mean extra income from accompanying parents and friends which could offset greatly any reduction in revenue from the youngsters.

They would be better to stick to their guns and reap the rewards. I don't think it will do them any harm to realise that treating your fans as dummies and telling them there are no price increases etc is a spectacular own goal. They obviously think that they know best so let's see how it pans out further down the line, it's all there own work and obviously they didn't want any input from their customers. The pricing structure could prove to be a resounding success, the ones that are not renewing will probably be replaced by those who decide on a free season ticket!!
Season tickets on 21:30 - Apr 21 with 2162 views49thseason

Season tickets on 14:13 - Apr 21 by R17ALE

I don't think the club could spin a coin TS! It's been a shortcoming for years. As mentioned by virtually everyone, it's so sad taken into context with all that is so good about the club this season.

I've bitten my tongue on this one, but I'm afraid the powers that be need to go on a Sales Course and learn how to sell a product.

Rule number one: If it's good enough, the price becomes less relevant.
Rule number two: Create urgency and a clamour to buy.
Rule number three: Reward those who buy early with a cheaper price.

We've managed to miss all three rules spectacularly.

The way to apply Rule Number One is to focus on the number of games supporters will see for free. I've had to read all the small print to find this and the answer is 4.5.

Seriously. 4.5

Why not go the whole hog and round it up to 5?

But, 5 is too few for those who cannot make Tuesday nights as we've had six this season. At a stroke around 600 fans are not going to buy because of this. Solution? Make it 7 games free and advertise it as "Watch 30% of your football for FREE"

The actual maths from the club is wrong anyway. In the Sandy a season ticket will cost £315. If I pay at the gate though 23 x £15 = £345 which means I'll get two free games, not 4.5

Finally, your last point is so relevant and so very glaringly obvious. The club could have hand-picked a few concerned fans who would have shown them what to sell, how to sell it, to who, and for how much. That they didn't even ask tells us all we need to know. And this isn't a dig at staff, this type of leadership has to come from above.

But I'll still be buying one!!

So how do you get into the Sandy Lane End for £15? They charge everyone else either £12 or £17 depending how old they are ... or are you still a student or summat?
BTW the sums work on £17!
Season tickets on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 1921 viewsrochdale1987

Slightly underwhelmed by the renewal letter, and very confused as to them saying there will be no price hike whatsoever. I think it's the fact early bird has been cancelled too that's got people annoyed. I appreciate we are a business as well as a club but if anything I feel sales will be down on last year, the £10 admin fee for the kids tickets too? Hopefully whoever has decided on this will re-consider as the u11 season ticket is a good idea.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 1:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024