Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets 09:10 - Apr 18 with 50951 viewsKenBoon

Crowd goes mild...
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-afc-2016-17-season-ticket-ann
Season tickets on 18:04 - Apr 18 with 3488 viewsfermin

Season tickets on 17:40 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Here's something that might affect you, fermin, given your travelling arrangements.

If we somehow make and win the play-offs (very unlikely, I know), there are a damned sight more midweek games in the Championship as they never play on international weekends!

Well, if we did get to the Championship I think I would try and get back to going to some midweek games as it would probably be a one-off season!

To be honest, I buy a season ticket for the convenience on the day (same seat etc) and guarantees for tickets for important games. I am happy to take the financial hit compared to buying on the day as the money I lose goes to the club and. In any case I spend the equivalent of a season ticket on travelling expenses by the end of September. However, I appreciate that my circumstances are very atypical.
Season tickets on 18:31 - Apr 18 with 3388 viewsPorlicks

Season tickets on 18:03 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Better?

Explain. With figures.

It's very simple. Don't buy a season ticket and prove me right.

Smarks are just another kind of mark.

BTW I congratulate RAFC on understanding their supporters today.

Who are YOU with?

Season tickets on 18:46 - Apr 18 with 3326 viewsGlenn

I just rang Porsche, and they've agreed to give me a FREE car!! I'm so happy!!

Just got to pay an admin fee of £76,000. There's obviously a cost involved in making and selling a car.
Season tickets on 18:56 - Apr 18 with 3280 viewsonedalefan

Season tickets on 18:02 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

When looking at today's announcement we have to look back to last month and the club's responses to supporters' questions. Here are some of those replies (as some have touched upon earlier):

---
"There will be a significant change in the approach by the club that will be announced as part of the season ticket / pricing plan for next season. This announcement will take place on Monday 18th"

Significant change in approach? Well as those supporters who take advantage of the early bird offer every single year know, this means an increase on what they paid last season.
 How can any individual fan in this category read "There will be no price increase for Season Tickets next season" and see that to be so?
What is the "significant change in approach"?

---
" Q.What is the process around deciding on season ticket/matchday prices and what supporter input has been taken into account? 
A. The club take feedback on this all year round, including feedback from the Trust at meetings such as this. That feedback, coupled with market forces play a part in the decision making process."

So if they do take on board feedback there are further questions:
1) what part did the Trust play in the decision making process?
2) if they take feedback from supporters, were they really oblivious to the reaction their decisions would lead to? If so, you have to question are they listening to the feedback they take "all year round".

---

I think what is difficult is trying to work out the thought process behind these decisions. To which the following questions must now be asked, and answered by the club:

1) Why has the 'early bird' option for current season ticket holders been withdrawn which means they will NOT be paying the same as they did last season?

2.1) why has the club decided to dilute the excellent idea to offer free season tickets to under 11s by adding an admin charge?
2.2)  If there is such a charge, why isn't it applied to all season ticket holders and why wasn't it applied to the free children's tickets last season?

3) with supporters already commenting that they are now reconsidering their decision to renew or actively coming out and stating they won't, will the club revisit the pricing of season tickets?

4) It is mentioned within the article on the club website that only 12% of  season ticket holders are aged between 25-40. In order for the club to have the sustainable future and grow attendances they mention, could they explain what part of the current pricing structure will encourage fans in this age group to buy season tickets? Especially when you consider many of those will be expected to pay more than they are now.

5) We are all fully aware of previous price freezes over the years. This should not be used as an explanation for the current pricing strategy, especially when the option is there to reduce prices to actually increase the amount of season ticket holders. With this in mind, there's one final question: how many season ticket holders is it the club's target to have? (please provide figures for each age band as specified by the club)
Under 11s, under 16s, under 21s, senior citizens, adults.

And a question for the Trust: please state what part did the Trust play in the decisions around season ticket prices and will they be asking for this role to be increased in the future in the light of today's events?

---

A final thought: it's easy to be disappointed by your football club. We know things will happen on and off the pitch that we won't like and we think could be done better; we retain that hope that lessons will be learnt so that we all benefit in the future. That said, I'm not sure I've ever known a time when supporters have felt as disconnected (that ok to use?) with their club over a specific subject like we have seen today. It should be incredibly concerning for all involved down at Spotland. Get it wrong now, and I don't think we'll ever forget this situation. However, there's still a massive opportunity to get it right. Something we all want.

Am I right in thinking that last year was not a one-off when an 'early bird discount' was offered and that it has been available for a number of years?
Season tickets on 18:58 - Apr 18 with 3259 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 18:01 - Apr 18 by Porlicks

The club show that they're better at business than fans.

I don't want to say I told you so, but....

Can we have another thread about free season tickets and 2 pound 50 entry around the ground?

Of course they're better at business than fans.

None of us have the slightest experience of business, finance, meeting customer expectations. Thanks for your unique insights, and don't think for one moment it's not appreciated.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season tickets on 19:09 - Apr 18 with 3192 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 18:01 - Apr 18 by Porlicks

The club show that they're better at business than fans.

I don't want to say I told you so, but....

Can we have another thread about free season tickets and 2 pound 50 entry around the ground?

It is free!
Unfortunately there is a £370 admin charge!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season tickets on 19:11 - Apr 18 with 3180 viewsKenBoon

Cheapest seated season tickets at local clubs.
Accrington Stanley FC - £199 (rising to £254.50 after 30th April)
Blackburn Rovers - Not announced but are £249 this season.
Bolton Wanderers - Not announced but are £312 this season.
Burnley FC - £329 on early offer but that has now ended.
Bury FC - £275 rising to £300 in May.
FC United - Not announced but this season are £100 + a donation (suggested £60).
Oldham Athletic FC - £325 (minus up to £150 if you bought before their wacky discounts for wins offer).
Rochdale AFC - £370.
Wigan Athletic FC - £199 (£179 for renewals)

Why would any neutral pick us? It is a rip off.
Season tickets on 19:14 - Apr 18 with 3155 viewsPorlicks

Season tickets on 18:58 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

Of course they're better at business than fans.

None of us have the slightest experience of business, finance, meeting customer expectations. Thanks for your unique insights, and don't think for one moment it's not appreciated.

I appreciate your irony (you didn't appreciate mine, several times).

I actually don't care that much about season ticket prices. But the PR has been terrible, and that's the club's fault. They let a narrative run wild, and now they're reaping it.

Don't we pay someone for marketing?

Who are YOU with?

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets on 19:15 - Apr 18 with 3152 viewsDaley_Lama

Season tickets on 17:22 - Apr 18 by judd

So are the club going to issue a season ticket to an unaccompanied primary school pupil?

Doubt it. I expect the club expects at least one parent/carer to buy a season ticket in order to accompany their child to the games.

Why, then , the need for the admin charge?

£10 for a season ticket is great value, but labelling it an admin charge really fookin grates.

From last season's experience, this wasn't the case.

I got a mates daughter an under 7 season ticket totally independant of purchasing mine and Jnrs. He didn't get a ST but was planning on getting one as i reckoned it would be £333 like last year with no voucher.

As he has to miss multiple games due to work i doubt the £370 will be cost justifiable. 18.5 games is par before you even consider being brought as a friend for £10 3 times a year.

That makes it 17 x £20 + 3 x £10 = 20 games. Miss 4 and it's not worth it.

P.s. I've just worked out that i am missing my 4th game tomorrow night! I have no freinds however so it still makes sense to buy one 😊
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 19:16]

Poll: DF in or out

Season tickets on 19:17 - Apr 18 with 3129 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 19:11 - Apr 18 by KenBoon

Cheapest seated season tickets at local clubs.
Accrington Stanley FC - £199 (rising to £254.50 after 30th April)
Blackburn Rovers - Not announced but are £249 this season.
Bolton Wanderers - Not announced but are £312 this season.
Burnley FC - £329 on early offer but that has now ended.
Bury FC - £275 rising to £300 in May.
FC United - Not announced but this season are £100 + a donation (suggested £60).
Oldham Athletic FC - £325 (minus up to £150 if you bought before their wacky discounts for wins offer).
Rochdale AFC - £370.
Wigan Athletic FC - £199 (£179 for renewals)

Why would any neutral pick us? It is a rip off.

Its not the neutral's I'm worried about with todays announcement.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season tickets on 19:18 - Apr 18 with 3124 views442Dale

I've sent the numbered questions above to the Trust and requested that all the answers are put on their website as soon as possible.

With the make-up of the Trust board as it is, that should be easily achievable.

I'd advise any other supporters with concerns to do the same. As has been shown today they are prepared to act on fans' behalf and are asking for our input, we should make the most of that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season tickets on 19:32 - Apr 18 with 3055 views49thseason

Season tickets on 15:46 - Apr 18 by aleanddale

Price is clearly a major factor in a town as poor as Rochdale, however, I also believe the matchday experience is about as poor as it could possibly be and were this to be significantly improved, its effect might be as beneficial as lowering prices might be.

I actually enjoyed the atmosphere v Blackpool.

thought it was ok despite only 2800 home fans.

what a difference it would make if we could get 4000 home fans week in week out!!!!

I really want to scream today.

TBF and add some balance the Kids initiative is a good one.

How many NEW season ticket holders will this attract. I bet you could count them on one hand its a spectacular own goal for sure.

With respect, the matchday experience has little to do with atmosphere generated by the game, it's about having an audible sound system, it's about making proper announcements about the next game and ticket arrangements, it's about half-time entertainment that can be seen and heard from both ends of the ground,it's about catering that seeks to over -deliver on quality and price, it's about clean toilets, clean seats, polite stewards and bar staff, it's about treating supporters like customers who have a simple choice - to attend or not.
*Is there a matchday creche?
*Is the club shop as helpful and well-stocked as it might be?
*How has the next game been promoted - the sign still said "Next Match - Blackpool" at 11.30 this morning?
*Why am I still not getting Email news letters?
*Why was the David Bottomley interview only on Dale Player?
*How many STHs subscribe to DP?
*Why does Dale Player have so many complaints?
*Is the marketing manager seriously suggesting there are 37,000 kids in 74 Rochdale Primary schools (half that might be closer to the actual figure)?
*Is there a pie, chips and pint offer for Tuesday night? (so that some may not need / want to go home first).
*How much is a car parking space? Who gets them all at the moment? Are there any empty?
*Why are fans in the Sandy Lane not protected by a net when the players are practicing shooting before the match? Who did the H&S appraisal on this?
*Is it acceptable to refuse people exit from the Sandy Lane exit on some match days and forcing everyone to leave via the car park? Does this not compromise the H&S requirements?
*Why is the half time draw ticket not paraded around the ground anymore? And when it is, why is it written in Biro?
*What was the point of the giant inflatable?Why didn't one of the two smaller versions not visit the Sandy Lane end?
Season tickets on 19:33 - Apr 18 with 3046 views442Dale

Season tickets on 19:32 - Apr 18 by 49thseason

With respect, the matchday experience has little to do with atmosphere generated by the game, it's about having an audible sound system, it's about making proper announcements about the next game and ticket arrangements, it's about half-time entertainment that can be seen and heard from both ends of the ground,it's about catering that seeks to over -deliver on quality and price, it's about clean toilets, clean seats, polite stewards and bar staff, it's about treating supporters like customers who have a simple choice - to attend or not.
*Is there a matchday creche?
*Is the club shop as helpful and well-stocked as it might be?
*How has the next game been promoted - the sign still said "Next Match - Blackpool" at 11.30 this morning?
*Why am I still not getting Email news letters?
*Why was the David Bottomley interview only on Dale Player?
*How many STHs subscribe to DP?
*Why does Dale Player have so many complaints?
*Is the marketing manager seriously suggesting there are 37,000 kids in 74 Rochdale Primary schools (half that might be closer to the actual figure)?
*Is there a pie, chips and pint offer for Tuesday night? (so that some may not need / want to go home first).
*How much is a car parking space? Who gets them all at the moment? Are there any empty?
*Why are fans in the Sandy Lane not protected by a net when the players are practicing shooting before the match? Who did the H&S appraisal on this?
*Is it acceptable to refuse people exit from the Sandy Lane exit on some match days and forcing everyone to leave via the car park? Does this not compromise the H&S requirements?
*Why is the half time draw ticket not paraded around the ground anymore? And when it is, why is it written in Biro?
*What was the point of the giant inflatable?Why didn't one of the two smaller versions not visit the Sandy Lane end?

Please tell me the fixture board isn't a thing again?

This may see me off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season tickets on 19:45 - Apr 18 with 2991 viewsdingdangblue

Season tickets on 18:46 - Apr 18 by Glenn

I just rang Porsche, and they've agreed to give me a FREE car!! I'm so happy!!

Just got to pay an admin fee of £76,000. There's obviously a cost involved in making and selling a car.

If only you'd got it last year when there was no such cost involved.

Season tickets on 19:49 - Apr 18 with 2961 viewsonedalefan

Who makes the decision that the gate in the Pearl Street stand can't be used to go out and everyone has to funnel through a narrow passageway under the stand, as happened on Saturday.
Season tickets on 19:59 - Apr 18 with 2915 viewsD_Alien

Season tickets on 19:14 - Apr 18 by Porlicks

I appreciate your irony (you didn't appreciate mine, several times).

I actually don't care that much about season ticket prices. But the PR has been terrible, and that's the club's fault. They let a narrative run wild, and now they're reaping it.

Don't we pay someone for marketing?

I understand your attempts at irony, I just don't think they're ironic.

You're signally failing to understand a narrative that's been ongoing for at least the past decade. There's been nothing wild about it. Your misinterpretation of threads posing questions about £0 ST pricing - as a point for discussion, rather than an expectation - is pretty wild.

[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 20:57]

Season tickets on 20:10 - Apr 18 with 2878 viewsJimlidale

How many seasons did the early bird discount exist for?
Season tickets on 20:11 - Apr 18 with 2873 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 19:18 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

I've sent the numbered questions above to the Trust and requested that all the answers are put on their website as soon as possible.

With the make-up of the Trust board as it is, that should be easily achievable.

I'd advise any other supporters with concerns to do the same. As has been shown today they are prepared to act on fans' behalf and are asking for our input, we should make the most of that.

To be fair, with the Chief Executive of the Club on the Trust board this should have been done months ago, the horse as already bolted. He obviously doesn't want input from the Supporters, if he did he would have approached the Trust Commitee during their meetings but he obviously hasn't.

It seems to me that the actual Supporters are seen as an irrelevance and to be used for financing numerous different charities in the Trust name. Is there ever a thought given to the welfare of the fans or is this just a one way street, extracting money from supporters again. At the trust meetings do the Commitee members not ask Colin about season ticket pricing and put him on the spot?

They shouldn't have to wait for members to flag up problems because by that time they are probably too late to rectify, the Season Ticket issue being a prime example. That should have been a hot topic for the last few months and Colin should have been put under pressure to liaise with the customers ( non footballing people).

It's been said before, the Trust ( supporters welfare) is compromised by having the Chief Executive of the Football Club on the Commitee. Does anybody have any real confidence that the Trust can represent the fans in the correct manner due to this compromise because i don't. I'm not having a go at Colin because he's paid to put the Clubs interests first and he does a very good job.

Maybe the Trust should just re-brand itself as a fund raising organisation only and members join solely to raise funds for Charities and the Club if that's what they want to do. It's easier and quicker to contact the Club directly with problems ( Turnstile searches) than keep going through a third party ( The Trust) and then having that answer fed back down the line. Often the answers are very bland/ vague replies anyway.

When you look at the workload the Trust takes on it's too much and the committee are all volunteers apart from Colin Garlick. The fund raising efforts must be very time consuming and on top of that members expect their grievances/ enquiries to be addressed, these are ongoing from one month to the next. I must admit when I joined I was under the impression it was set up to raise money solely for the Club and to represent the fans. It seems to have snowballed since then into all different directions. Bigger isn't always better and you can end up diluted.
Season tickets on 20:28 - Apr 18 with 2787 viewsPorlicks

Season tickets on 19:59 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

I understand your attempts at irony, I just don't think they're ironic.

You're signally failing to understand a narrative that's been ongoing for at least the past decade. There's been nothing wild about it. Your misinterpretation of threads posing questions about £0 ST pricing - as a point for discussion, rather than an expectation - is pretty wild.

[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 20:57]

I think the club did the right thing today. A lot of people don't. The problem was expectations, and they haven't been met.

Either way, we can agree it's been badly handled.

Who are YOU with?

Season tickets on 20:38 - Apr 18 with 2733 viewsTalkingSutty

Season tickets on 20:28 - Apr 18 by Porlicks

I think the club did the right thing today. A lot of people don't. The problem was expectations, and they haven't been met.

Somebody posted a price list of our neighbouring clubs when it comes to season ticket prices, doesn't make great reading. At a time when we have just revealed record profits I think fans are within their rights to expect something a little bit better than what we've been presented with. Do you think these prices are going to appeal to the lapsed supporters or God forbid a new one?
Season tickets on 20:40 - Apr 18 with 2723 viewsDaleiLama

Season tickets on 17:10 - Apr 18 by NR_Dale

Thank you very much for your email.

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Season Ticket Announcement.

There is good news in that all primary school aged children within Rochdale Borough (and we believe there to be 37,000 of them!) are eligible to apply for a free season ticket. This will help grow a future fan base and make match days more affordable and attractive to families, coupled with the family events we have been running. Unfortunatley there is a cost to producing a season ticket book and administration

The cost of the season tickets have actually remained the same as last year, as last year prices went up by £2 per game across all stands BUT if you purchased your season ticket during the Special Promotion Period, not only would you get you £25 voucher discounted if you had one, we would also hold the previous seasons, season ticket price. In effect this meant last year that you had the benefit of the price increase being held back during the Special Promotion Period and you had your £25 discount voucher. This year you have just got your £25 discount voucher. The Prices are the same it’s just the extra discount last year that is the difference.

In effect we have had just one price increase in 7 seasons and that was last year.

I hope that explains the difference.

The board of directors make the decision on pricing strategies, but I have copied my response in to our Chief Executive so he can report this back to the Board.

Please be assured that your support is extremely important to the Club.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Frances

That's lot of typing to say "put up or shut up"?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season tickets on 20:45 - Apr 18 with 2691 viewsdingdangblue

In what way was it the right thing? The price per game for season tickets has gone up to £16 when all our competitors are cutting or at least matching this season's prices?

Season tickets on 20:52 - Apr 18 with 2655 viewsD_Alien

We can agree on expectations, but the main one is the expectation that the club are serious about increasing the fanbase. A great deal depends on presentation and badly handled is a pretty good starting point in describing today's statement.

I'm not particularly exercised about the pricing of STs providing the structure gives impetus to attracting higher gates. Children of primary school age almost certainly won't be allowed to attend games unaccompanied by an adult (either by their parents, or the club itself) and so that marketing ploy, whilst laudable in itself, is probably doomed to failure. The replies that've been received from Frances Fielding (on behalf of the club) indicate this simply hasn't been thought through. On that key point of strategy, the club haven't got anywhere near doing the right thing.

Season tickets on 21:07 - Apr 18 with 2599 viewsboromat

Before the announcement that there was going to be a shake up in season ticket prices I knew I'd be paying the £407 - £25 voucher. But that announcement was a little misleading and should have probably not been made in the way it was. Expectations really haven't been managed. I still wasn't expecting huge changes maybe just some rationalising of the prices and extra promotion to entice younger fans. Something like the following, it wouldn't have pleased everyone but I don't think you ever can with ticket pricing;

Main Stand Pearl Street/Family Stand Sandy Lane
Adult 400 350 300
Senior Citizen 300 250 200
Young Person 300 250 200
Under 16 100 50 80
Under 11 50 0 40
Family Ticket
(2 Adult tickets and 2
Kids Tickets U16 or U11) N/A 600 N/A

Oh and I was thinking the vouchers would be scrapped so it would have been the last season of £25 off. Seems I was way off.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season tickets on 21:19 - Apr 18 with 2550 viewsLuke8686

Just e-mailed this to Frances:

Hello Frances,

Loyal Rochdale fan in peace. Can you please reconsider your pricing for season tickets for next season? I don't get to many home games, mostly away because of where I live but just like every other fan, I love my club and I would like to see a few more fans attend our games.

Having looked at our current prices for season tickets for next season, I honestly can't see how our fanbase is going to grow. I appreciate your strategy of targeting the younger generation and I agree that is a good long-term investment, but what about the short-term? Most fans will be paying more for their season ticket next season, despite being advertised as a price freeze, and regardless of the incentive of vouchers available in the special promotion period, there has been a hostile reception on social media and lots of fans will not renew. Surely we should be trying incentives to entice more fans to Spotland and not alienate them?!

I appreciate all the hard work you've done for the club, but I really think the club is scoring a massive own-goal here and I can only see our attendances falling further next season if these prices are kept. We already have the lowest crowds in League One and I understand there are financial reasons for our prices but we are alienating our fans, and are going to struggle to attract new ones, particularly when there are much more attractive alternatives in the Rochdale area.

Surely now is the perfect time to try something radical to get the crowds up - we are undoubtedly having the best season in our history. There is a big market for growth in Rochdale and it needs to be tapped into!

The kids aren't going to come to Spotland unless their full-paying parent/guardian is willing to attend!

Thanks for taking the time to read my e-mail and I really hope there is a response from the club about this issue.

Kind regards,

Luke
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024