Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 143371 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:36 - Jun 18 with 2263 viewsTHEBUSH

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:04 - Jun 18 by essextaxiboy

Do you honestly think that the Scots , faced with a ballot paper of EU or UK will vote to leave us ?

I just dont think that they will.

The SNP are supporting the Tory's and the Labour Party to stay in the EU.

If the Brexit happens, the Scots will get another referendum regarding their Independence.

I've no doubt the Scots next time would vote for their Independence.

If that happened, don't think they would have any other choice but to rejoin the EU as an Independent Country.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 18:39]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:48 - Jun 18 with 2248 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:36 - Jun 18 by THEBUSH

The SNP are supporting the Tory's and the Labour Party to stay in the EU.

If the Brexit happens, the Scots will get another referendum regarding their Independence.

I've no doubt the Scots next time would vote for their Independence.

If that happened, don't think they would have any other choice but to rejoin the EU as an Independent Country.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 18:39]

If they did they would have to adopt the Euro .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:52 - Jun 18 with 2238 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:48 - Jun 18 by essextaxiboy

If they did they would have to adopt the Euro .

Doesn't appear so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36499608
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:04 - Jun 18 with 2227 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:52 - Jun 18 by DeepcutHoop

Doesn't appear so.

Is it not the case that all new EU members have to adopt the Euro
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:25 - Jun 18 with 2209 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:04 - Jun 18 by QPR_John

Is it not the case that all new EU members have to adopt the Euro

No idea. Where did you see that?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:06 - Jun 18 with 2191 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:25 - Jun 18 by DeepcutHoop

No idea. Where did you see that?

http://ec.europa.eu/enlargement/policy/conditions-membership/index_en.htm

The relevant part

"New Member States are also committed to complying with the criteria laid down in the Treaty in order to be able to adopt the euro in due course after accession. Until then, they will participate in the Economic and Monetary Union as a Member State with a derogation from the use of the euro and shall treat their exchange rates as a matter of common concern."
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 20:13]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 20:32 - Jun 18 with 2149 viewsQPRDave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:11 - Jun 18 by johncharles

They will, absolutely, no doubt. Scotland has had connections with the continent for years. Bonnie Prince Charlie was French. Loads of Scottish people commute to the continent by air from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Big connections with the US as well. You'd be surprised how independent Scotland is already.

Not many in France at the moment though, eh John?!!!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:18 - Jun 18 with 2084 viewsderbyhoop

I'm currently in France and saw an article in Liberation newspaper. They predict that if Brexit wins
Cameron will be forced out
The Scots could trigger a break up of the UK
An economic shock is on the cards
Many jobs in the City will be lost - 1,000+ at HSBC and up to 12,000 at Deutsche Bank
France and Germany are unlikely to agree access to the Single Market for some time. And only then with loads of conditions.

Just thought it would add another view to the debate.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 2060 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:18 - Jun 18 by derbyhoop

I'm currently in France and saw an article in Liberation newspaper. They predict that if Brexit wins
Many jobs in the City will be lost - 1,000+ at HSBC and up to 12,000 at Deutsche Bank
France and Germany are unlikely to agree access to the Single Market for some time. And only then with loads of conditions.

Both Deutsche Bank and HSBC are inserious trouble without Brexit - virtually insolvent.Deutsche Bank is almost certainly set to implode with huge amounts of derivative exposure.HSBC were going to move out anyway after heavy fines and poor performance.

Please define "economic shock"
[Post edited 18 Jun 2016 22:33]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 2061 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:18 - Jun 18 by derbyhoop

To slightly mis quote Mandy Rice Davies

" they would say that wouldnt they "

The only thing they are right about is Cameron , his lies and intimidatiion , standing next to Obama grinning while he threatened the British people . He is toast either way IMO and his little sh@tnut mate Osborne can do one as well .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:34 - Jun 18 with 2055 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:52 - Jun 18 by DeepcutHoop

Doesn't appear so.

Its in the Copenhagen Treaty I think along with around 30 other conditions .
Of course knowing the EU they can just manipulate those rules as I fully expect them to to with Turkey ..
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:42 - Jun 18 with 2012 viewsGloryHunter

I've changed sides. I was Leave but I'm switching to Remain. I wouldn't want to be on the same side as Farage and Boris. Plus a recent EU directive has made avoiding my food allergy much easier. And my wife is German, and my lodgers are all Europeans, and nobody has explained what would happen to them if we leave. I hate the EU organisation, but I'll hold my nose and vote Remain, and hope it can be changed for the better.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:11 - Jun 19 with 1961 viewsWesty75

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:39 - Jun 18 by francisbowles

After seeing blue signs saying that EU money (our taxes) had built roads in Spain, Portugal and Ireland a few years ago, and has no doubt since paid for infrastructure in many more as well. I am reluctant to see the same thing happen in Albania, Montenego, Serbia, Macedonia, Turkey etc.

The only way of realistically keeping check on immigration is to raise living standards in the rest of Europe and beyond. I have absolutely no problem with some of my taxes being used for that purpose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:13 - Jun 19 with 1961 viewsWesty75

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:35 - Jun 18 by DannytheR

I don't think there's a happy ending in either direction to be honest mate. I know which interests the EU generally acts in. I also think whatever version of democracy in this country is too far gone to hold out much hope of a sane, fair country. We haven't managed in it my lifetime, I don't know why we would start now.

And this whole argument has been poisoned by the hatreds the Brexit camp have stirred up, most of them purely for short term political gain. Look at some (not all I know) of the people on here who argue most loudly and longly for Out. Let's be honest, is it corporate power and inequality that gets them worked up, or some non-existent cartoon version of "political correctness" and too many foreigners? Who knows, maybe those sentiments will carry the day next week. But if it does, I can't see how next Friday morning will be the start of a road to a fairer Britain. It's like someone said to me last week, as we watch Farage take up his (no doubt richly remunerated) job under the new Johnson government, it'll be no use saying "yeah, but I voted for the GOOD Brexit."

I suppose what I'm saying is that, sadly, I don't see a fairer Britain whatever happens. If Brexit wins I do see a lot of racists celebrating like its the cup final and the most rapacious business owners rubbing their hands together at being freed from "red tape." And fck that.

Spot on mate.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:29 - Jun 19 with 1949 viewsHonkytonks

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:42 - Jun 18 by GloryHunter

I've changed sides. I was Leave but I'm switching to Remain. I wouldn't want to be on the same side as Farage and Boris. Plus a recent EU directive has made avoiding my food allergy much easier. And my wife is German, and my lodgers are all Europeans, and nobody has explained what would happen to them if we leave. I hate the EU organisation, but I'll hold my nose and vote Remain, and hope it can be changed for the better.

Are you italian?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:30 - Jun 19 with 1947 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:11 - Jun 19 by Westy75

The only way of realistically keeping check on immigration is to raise living standards in the rest of Europe and beyond. I have absolutely no problem with some of my taxes being used for that purpose.

What do Australia do to raise living standards in other countries ?
They are a vast country with room for millions and millions yet they admit people only to fill specific gaps in their workforce .
If we have plenty of gaps then it may be that immigration increases , but a least evetyone who comes will have been invited and welcomed .
I would like to see those gaps made public to highlight training and vocational needs .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:39 - Jun 19 with 1943 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:14 - Jun 18 by stevec

I get what you're saying but it's terribly sad to see such a negative attitude.

You know full well, a Remain vote will mean more of the same, a same that has treated the young badly. Why would you want this kind of hopelessness?

The great thing about being young, before having your own family, is that you can take a chance, take a risk knowing you have very little to lose.

I am a little puzzled by this generation. When I was young it was us who took risks, whilst the older generation would be establishment, wanting more of the same. Feels now like society has been turned on its head and not for the better.

I agree except for one thing
This is not a vote between change and no change .

The E U will see a remain vote as a complete ringing endorsement of everything they wish the EU to become .

Anyone voting remain should be aware of that .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:51 - Jun 19 with 1889 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:30 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

What do Australia do to raise living standards in other countries ?
They are a vast country with room for millions and millions yet they admit people only to fill specific gaps in their workforce .
If we have plenty of gaps then it may be that immigration increases , but a least evetyone who comes will have been invited and welcomed .
I would like to see those gaps made public to highlight training and vocational needs .

Most EU migrants come here to work and fill gaps in the employment markets. *I said most not all.
Non EU migrants are checked at European borders. If we leave the EU then Europe will just let them all through. France will simply open the gates at Calais. The English Channel will be no obstacle. They could row across on a nice evening landing in at night in Kent, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:05 - Jun 19 with 1880 viewsNortholt_Rs

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:51 - Jun 19 by johncharles

Most EU migrants come here to work and fill gaps in the employment markets. *I said most not all.
Non EU migrants are checked at European borders. If we leave the EU then Europe will just let them all through. France will simply open the gates at Calais. The English Channel will be no obstacle. They could row across on a nice evening landing in at night in Kent, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk.

So we should stay in because France is currently stopping a deluge of immigrants from crossing the channel? Out of interest which part of the country do you live in? Everywhere I go suggests France is doing nothing to stop immigration to the UK. Just look around.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:07 - Jun 19 with 1876 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:05 - Jun 19 by Northolt_Rs

So we should stay in because France is currently stopping a deluge of immigrants from crossing the channel? Out of interest which part of the country do you live in? Everywhere I go suggests France is doing nothing to stop immigration to the UK. Just look around.

Maybe you should go and have a look at Calais.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:14 - Jun 19 with 1865 viewsDiscodroids

If i can knock up an an altered states sensory deprivation tank in the garden shed today with my neolithic garden tools i shall immerse myself into it until the 23rd.

The final straw for me is listening to various MP'S This morning talk to us like their auditioning for the role of Ted Lowe at the crucible circa 1976 or Bob harris introducing King Crimson.

id rather rim John Selywn Gummers arsehole than listen to another second of Politicians Patronising me like im 11 years old with a home made catapult in my back pocket... listening to it is like dangling your cock over the blue flame over a bunsen burner.

no mas.

ps Osborne and Cameron look haunted. a place at The piano wire and Lampost public house awaits.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 10:17]

A Number One.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:36 - Jun 19 with 1827 viewsQPRDave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:51 - Jun 19 by johncharles

I disagree John the channel and the fact we are island, gives us the opportunity to police our borders better than any land locked country.
Yes we will have to invest in border controls, but then thats badly needed imo anyway
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:37 - Jun 19 with 1827 viewsjohncharles

In ? Out ? Shake it all about
If Ronaldo could speak he would sound like these politicians. Look at me, look how clever I am.
Any room in your tank Glenn ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:47 - Jun 19 with 1803 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:39 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

I agree except for one thing
This is not a vote between change and no change .

The E U will see a remain vote as a complete ringing endorsement of everything they wish the EU to become .

Anyone voting remain should be aware of that .

That has been one of my worries about remain and I am surprised the leave group has not highlighted it more. If we do remain the people in power, either Conservatives or Labour, will be the very people who have shown their hand that they cannot see anything but catastrophe should we leave. Hence their negotiating position is weakened to the point of almost being non existent. If Cameron believed what he does now, but more importantly the commission knew he believed that, while the renegotiations were going on it is little wonder he achieved nothing of any merit.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:50 - Jun 19 with 1797 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:42 - Jun 18 by GloryHunter

Do you really believe your wife would be deported if we left the EU
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024