Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 143372 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:14 - Jun 19 with 2521 viewsjohncharles

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Clive, you know as well as I do, whichever way it goes will make very little difference. If Brexit win it will take years and years to take effect even without taking into the account deliberate stalling by the losers. All we've got from it is a whole lot of hate.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:15 - Jun 19 with 2520 viewsstansleftfoot

It's pretty clear what will happen if the UK abandons ship, how ironic that as a 1970's basket case we had to persuade the EU to let us in.
The markets are already making dollar from the terror tales, the pound is falling, really good for exports given we have a market.
The UK sells six times as much to the EU as we do to Brazil, Russia, China and India, five times as much to the 52 nations of the Commonwealth, we sell more services to Luxembourg than to India. Just how long will it take to rebuild export markets after exit.
This is not a matter of freedoms or democracy it's about the money.
The rich will feather their nests using global markets, the merely averagely well off will face higher interest rates, negative equity, loss of workers rights, loss of a functioning NHS.
The problems of the UK are created in the UK by our Government and Administrators not by The EU.
The EU must change, the open border Schengen deal must stop, but for control and administrative reasons not right wing paranoia.
The arguments have been directed away from why the EU hasn't performed for the UK as it has for Germany, France, Holland.
Our problems are structural and have been created by our Governments, lack of social affordable housing, underinvestment and semi privatisation of public services and infrastructure, weakened trade unions defending wages and working practices, failure to develop commercial viable local communities in the old industrial cities, failure to address differentials in women's and workers pay, especially that of CEO,'s bonus pay culture.
Our problems are seeded in the UK by, currently, Osborne and Cameron, they can only be righted in the UK.
This debate can only divide the nation into the suburban greying conservatives hoping for a return to a UK unblemished by mass immigration, decline, a UK not seen since the 1940's set against the poor who have faced the extreme changes to their communities and incomes.
The EU was designed to avoid this type of social schism, it gave us equal rights, courts to protect us, and a bill of rights,
The right wings view of the EU as a scheming corrupt, sinister anti democratic organisation is simply untrue, like any organisation it's needs change constantly, and no more so than now. Just in the same way as we allow our government to refuse pensions to Gurka's, refuse to assist homeless soldiers after Iraq and Afghanistan, allow developers to run rough shod over local planning concerns, allow developers to rig property values by land banking, allow multi-nationals to negotiate tax liabilities outside current tax laws, invade foreign countries, fail to provide education, health provision, ambulances, care for the mentally ill, leave our young with £30000 of debt the moment they start work, make families sell their homes to provide care in unsafe care homes.....our problems lie at home with our Government and the way they rule us not the EU....we are the Sports Direct of modern countries, ruthlessly managed by self interested zealots, a huge turnover, a great return for very few people as a result the hard work of a broken hearted work force.....
This is not the EU'S fault or Immigrants fault, it's Cameron, Osborne, the Bank of England, the Treasury and all their paid "independent" advisors....we need change but not one bought about by leaving the EU. For those who don't know the Home Office asked all the Think Tanks to report on the possible consequences of Brexit, 16% returned reports and it is those that appear as supporting arguments to remaining....they cannot even be honest about independent evidence or its reliability.
We do know what will happen; here's some obvious outcomes ;the pound will fall, some increase temporarily in exports, foreign capital will leave the UK, property prices will fall, tariffs will cause a fall in GDP with the EU, prices of food will increase as WTO tariffs affect our imports, austerity will increase and deepen, our next election will produce a hung parliament, major multi-nationals will rethink investment, international banking and services may rethink longterm plans and finally abandon London and Bournemouth wholesale.
We should be setting this debate in Strasbourg by bringing to the table the UN to introduce a pan-european solution to the economic migrant problem alongside a cessation of Schengen to deal with the movement of internal EU migration, it is of course 50/50 roughly.
This is a typical Cameron solution, lots of posturing and no real result, the remainers will prevail and the UK will have made no progress other than to further divide an already broken society of the haves and the have not.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:18 - Jun 19 with 2508 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:05 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

I dont understand your point about the very existence of the vote .
Who do you think has called it and why

Ir there is one vote in it the remain campaign will claim the win and so will The EU .
Its sbsolutely not ridiculous as you will find out in the coming months when they ask us to pay more in the budget .

The vote was called to persuade Tory voters on the brink of voting UKIP to stick with Cameron at the last election. There is literally no other answer outside the worlds of conspiracy theory.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:29 - Jun 19 with 2482 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:18 - Jun 19 by DannytheR

The vote was called to persuade Tory voters on the brink of voting UKIP to stick with Cameron at the last election. There is literally no other answer outside the worlds of conspiracy theory.

Exactly , enough took the bribe to ensure that Labour and the SNP didnt take control .if enough Tory voted UKIP then they might have made it . So to say that this vote is welcomed by the EU is mad .
They are terrified . Other stayes want their own vote and will vote in a party that will offer one
Its dead in the water ..to many dissenting voices
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:30 - Jun 19 with 2482 viewsjohncharles

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

I didn't say the" other side " were whipping up hatred. Who's the other side ? We're all British. I said the referendum, the totally pointless referendum, has created all this hate.
Let's have a civil war. Whoopie.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:36 - Jun 19 with 2465 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:41 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

But again my point is not why would the EU cooperate should we remain they have no need, Cameron and whoever might lead the Labour Party in the future have made it clear that if the EU says jump they will ask how high

We're going in circles here. I can't really do any more than say again: both campaigns have been incredibly badly judged, short termist and will leave us weaker and more divided afterwards.

Ugly and disastrous as I'm personally convinced an Out vote will be under Johnson and Farage, I'm past caring who wins and loses now. This whole farce of a referendum has fractured the whole country, and let so many genies out of bottles, I don't know how we go back to normal afterwards.

I'd like my country back too, because I don't much like the one we seem to be in today.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 18:36]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:52 - Jun 19 with 2426 viewsDiscodroids

Two things that have given me a dull nagging ache in the left bollock in the last couple of weeks that have made me dip into the well of hatred.

1, Sarah Woollaston the Tory Mp who switched from Leave to remain 2 week ago. Thats fine we can all change our minds , live and let live and all that caper and karaoke. What got on my chocis chewns pierced tit was when she said the main reason she changed her mind was when her dad was lying on a gurney being wheeled into theatre for a triple heart bypass . according to her he said..'Whatever you do, don't vote to leave the EU'?

Really? That was what was on his mind? Not 'Thank you for being such a great daughter and making me so proud', not 'I've left you everything, the will is with Sue, john and Mandy ' not 'Don't cry love, it'll be alright'.

No. It was supposedly 'Whatever you do, don't vote to leave the EU'?

what next , perhaps a new poster from the Tories this week..

"Vote Remain , Hardy.."

2. Boris Johnson going on about the size of Bananas under the harsh dictat of the EU to an appreciative audience , i havent been so embarrased Since i was forced to wear a crushed denim safari suit with flares on my first day at secondary school by my insane mother. It made us look like a load of simple simon cnts.

in addition, and by no means least, im finding it very hard to watch George osborne on the TV..Just take a look at him. A 1950's 'B' Movie Cruel Hollywood Roman Emperor , whose temperate lobe has been rotted clean through by grape, Bestiality and homo erotic love in his silk toga. Where does he get that barnet from Gary Numan ?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 18:55]

A Number One.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:06 - Jun 19 with 2389 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:06 - Jun 19 by johncharles

I've no idea what that means. Is it good or is it bad. Where do we go from here ?
Still, thank you for pointing that out.

You're not serious are you. Your original post contained the comment

" Vote Brexit and let Philip Green do as he pleases"

Which suggests to me you think being in EU would stop such actions

All I said was that being in the EU did not stop him doing as he pleased.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 2363 viewskensalriser

Photo of the denim safari suit? That sounds cracking.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:30 - Jun 19 with 2347 viewsjohncharles

Will no one think of the football ?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:32 - Jun 19 with 2345 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:06 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

You're not serious are you. Your original post contained the comment

" Vote Brexit and let Philip Green do as he pleases"

Which suggests to me you think being in EU would stop such actions

All I said was that being in the EU did not stop him doing as he pleased.

Give yourself a brownie point. Can't be arsed anymore.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:47 - Jun 19 with 2397 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:30 - Jun 19 by johncharles

Will no one think of the football ?

And the Ryder Cup?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:56 - Jun 19 with 2381 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:47 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

And the Ryder Cup?

The seniors open at Carnoustie. I ca see it from my house. Well, my bedroom window with binoculars.
Happy Father's Day Blob though Disco said you were some mother
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 20:22]

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:26 - Jun 19 with 2294 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:56 - Jun 19 by johncharles

The seniors open at Carnoustie. I ca see it from my house. Well, my bedroom window with binoculars.
Happy Father's Day Blob though Disco said you were some mother
[Post edited 19 Jun 2016 20:22]

Same back to you John.I've only got the one sprog who I've never seen and doesn't know of my existence(I've been warned off).Lives in Noo Yawk,just about qualifies me I think.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 08:48 - Jun 20 with 2189 viewsRs_Holy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:47 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

And the Ryder Cup?

Hopefully we'll get thrown out of the Eurovision Song Contest... (In all honesty we should have been relegated by now).
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:05 - Jun 20 with 2165 viewsderbyhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 22:30 - Jun 18 by essextaxiboy

To slightly mis quote Mandy Rice Davies

" they would say that wouldnt they "

The only thing they are right about is Cameron , his lies and intimidatiion , standing next to Obama grinning while he threatened the British people . He is toast either way IMO and his little sh@tnut mate Osborne can do one as well .

They didn't have to say anything.

There is considerable interest in France, especially among the 400k ex pats, so they were trying to analyse the issues for their readership. Like every other country in the EU, France wants the UK to remain. That isn't just because we are a net contributor to the EU budget but because Brexit will cause a financial shock that will damage the economies of both the UK and the other EU countries.

One other thing the article raised was the possibility of London losing its position as the financial capital of Europe. Don't think that will happen, in the short term. However, if it did, it would be a disaster for the UK economy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:17 - Jun 20 with 2149 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:05 - Jun 20 by derbyhoop

They didn't have to say anything.

There is considerable interest in France, especially among the 400k ex pats, so they were trying to analyse the issues for their readership. Like every other country in the EU, France wants the UK to remain. That isn't just because we are a net contributor to the EU budget but because Brexit will cause a financial shock that will damage the economies of both the UK and the other EU countries.

One other thing the article raised was the possibility of London losing its position as the financial capital of Europe. Don't think that will happen, in the short term. However, if it did, it would be a disaster for the UK economy.

If we stay in our financial service will gradually get leeched to Brussels and Frankfurt where there is also a Renminbi trading hub.
Personally I couldn't give a flying f*ck what happens to France and the rest of the EU.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 9:18]

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:19 - Jun 20 with 2143 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 18:30 - Jun 19 by johncharles

I didn't say the" other side " were whipping up hatred. Who's the other side ? We're all British. I said the referendum, the totally pointless referendum, has created all this hate.
Let's have a civil war. Whoopie.

To me it's all horribly similar the Scottish indy vote. That stirred up a massive sh&tstorm of hatred and resentment which is just as bad today as it was two years ago.

I was inches away from a blazing family row about it when I was up there a couple of weeks ago.

Once that genie's out of the bottle its not going back in any time soon.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:21 - Jun 20 with 2087 viewskensalriser

The Jo Cox murder has been the turning point, as it's really focussed attention on the ugly side of the debate. The pound and ftse are soaring today, which tells us what the markets think about the economic implications.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:55 - Jun 20 with 2060 viewsTacticalR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:21 - Jun 20 by kensalriser

The Jo Cox murder has been the turning point, as it's really focussed attention on the ugly side of the debate. The pound and ftse are soaring today, which tells us what the markets think about the economic implications.

If that's the case that is most unfortunate. You can't really tar the whole Brexit campaign with that brush any more than you can tar muslims with the murder of Lee Rigby.

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:17 - Jun 20 with 2030 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:21 - Jun 20 by kensalriser

The markets fluctuate if someone farts in the wrong direction.They're in it to make a profi for people,it's not exactly a litmus test.
Also people who make political capital from death are worse than the scum that pull the trigger.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:23 - Jun 20 with 2849 viewsPhildo

I saw this yesterday for the first time although I gather it has been floating around for sometime. I remember someone posting about Farage's schoolday NF association on here a few months ago. I would not really want to be judged by what i thought when i was 16 but it is interesting nevertheless:

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/169454715/Nigel-Farage-1981-school-letter#full

I started out edging towards leave but have moved firmly back to remain as it has gone on. My Mrs is a tax lawyer and she reports that the super rich are breaking heavily for leave as they think a UK government is easier to control than the EU. I don't particularly like the EU myself (particularly the democratic deficit) but i do think it is a case of better the devil you know for me.

Also i don't want to be on the same side as Nigel...
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:52 - Jun 20 with 2804 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:23 - Jun 20 by Phildo

I saw this yesterday for the first time although I gather it has been floating around for sometime. I remember someone posting about Farage's schoolday NF association on here a few months ago. I would not really want to be judged by what i thought when i was 16 but it is interesting nevertheless:

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/169454715/Nigel-Farage-1981-school-letter#full

I started out edging towards leave but have moved firmly back to remain as it has gone on. My Mrs is a tax lawyer and she reports that the super rich are breaking heavily for leave as they think a UK government is easier to control than the EU. I don't particularly like the EU myself (particularly the democratic deficit) but i do think it is a case of better the devil you know for me.

Well you dont get much more super rich than Goldman Sachs .

If you dont want to be on the side of Farage then you place yourself with Blair and Mandelson .

Wait for the Chilcot report to see to see whether you backed a gob on a stick, or a war criminal that has had a few mil fron the EU already
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 12:53]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:53 - Jun 20 with 2803 viewsRs_Holy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:23 - Jun 20 by Phildo

Yep, basically, "It's Sh1te but we'll keep muddling along!"...

I think the IN vote will win but I really hope it's close and Cameron finally pulls his finger out and gets some real reform...

I believe you Phil represent the majority of IN voters... ie There's an awful lot we don't like about the EU but we don't know what will happen if we leave.
The vast majority of UK people are unhappy with the EU and want reform.... Lets hope we get it???
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:58 - Jun 20 with 2781 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:53 - Jun 20 by Rs_Holy

Yep, basically, "It's Sh1te but we'll keep muddling along!"...

I think the IN vote will win but I really hope it's close and Cameron finally pulls his finger out and gets some real reform...

I believe you Phil represent the majority of IN voters... ie There's an awful lot we don't like about the EU but we don't know what will happen if we leave.
The vast majority of UK people are unhappy with the EU and want reform.... Lets hope we get it???

If we vote In by just one vote you will not get any reform , in fact you may not even get the reforms agreed but not ratified .

If we vote out , I suspect that the real negotiations will begin . I am convinced that is Boris,s plan , Then we carry a big stick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024