Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. 07:28 - Jun 28 with 35726 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Only speculation but a few things have happened, in particular in the Conservative Party, that makes me think that the appetite for Brexit has reduced significantly.

Cameron's decision not to invoke Article 50 immediately has thrown the leavers into turmoil as it is now down to one of them to do the ultimate. It will now be the responsibility of the new PM to invoke Articld 50, a move nobody intended, or wants, to make. IDS and Gove all noted by their absence and Boris looked pale as milk yesterday with the realisation that Merkel et al have said a firm no to negotiations prior to invoking Article 50. This means the future PM will have nothing to 'sell' to the country or the markets prior to invoking Article 50. They will not be able to have one piece of legislation or even negotiation in their hands re 50% of UK trade. It would be like pushing an economic nuclear bomb if a new PM was to invoke Article 50 in such a situation as market confidence would collapse and multinationals up sticks. This will be an even more difficult act to undertake if the UK is in recession, which even the leavers acknowledge may very well be the case. Indeed, Boris has come out attempting to ease fears by stating that the UK remains very much at the heart of Europe and nothing much will change with the ultimate irony being that if we are to negotiate access to the single market then the terms of that negotiations will be very much like what we have already. Merkel et al permitting.

There are now rumours that top people in the Tories including some leavers and whips are sufficiently spooked enough to not back Boris or another leave candidate.

Could be wrong but expect stalemate. EU will call UK bluff and UK will be unwilling to do the ultimate deed because they will not be able to get the deals they so desperately want. Fascinating times.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 7:35]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:12 - Jul 14 with 1613 viewssince58

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:33 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

Enlighten you? Just go and look on a map, it's really not that difficult.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 21:04]

I know exactly where it is just tell me where you lived in real Bamford not to hard a question is it ? I have lived in Rochdale for well over 60 years so there aren't many places in the borough I don't know,
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:18 - Jul 14 with 1609 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:12 - Jul 14 by since58

I know exactly where it is just tell me where you lived in real Bamford not to hard a question is it ? I have lived in Rochdale for well over 60 years so there aren't many places in the borough I don't know,

War Office Rd, is that Bamford enough for you?

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:33 - Jul 14 with 1586 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:03 - Jul 14 by anotherbiffo

I don't know how people can keep a straight face when they make glib assumptions about how Britain has "regained her freedom".

Take your brexit specs off, chaps (the ones which magnify the UK x20 when you look at the map). Britain, in one fell swoop, has just voted to substantially reduce her influence on the world stage. We're sleep-walking into a situation where we have no effective political opposition within the country, at the same time precipitating a highly volatile situation within Europe and the wider world - one which can only cause the more predatory powers to prick up their ears. Furthermore, we have compromised the well-being of over 450 million Europeans, who understandably view Britain's betrayal with disappointment and bemusement.

It's not a question of sour grapes, because economies are inexorably linked and when one does well, all others tend to follow.

The post-brexit Britain will be very small indeed and I struggle to see where the inspiration can come from to ignite the pinch of dry powder that remains in our breach. I suspect that Nelson, Churchill and even Thatcher are turning in their graves.

You're quite correct they'd be turning in their grave, with weak yellow-bellied people like you clinging to Europe like its some sort of life jacket...
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 21:34]
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:39 - Jul 14 with 1572 viewsroccydaleian

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:52 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

Give RoccyDaleDebil a message, he's the main coordinator of my fan club.

Buying you a pressie EG. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0811/0647/products/rochdale-flag-t-shirt-light
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:56 - Jul 14 with 1554 viewsanotherbiffo

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:33 - Jul 14 by nordenblue

You're quite correct they'd be turning in their grave, with weak yellow-bellied people like you clinging to Europe like its some sort of life jacket...
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 21:34]

Sorry, I'm clinging to nothing, although you're post does imply that Britain is sinking. Surely not???

Nelson, Churchill and Thatcher were not anti-European (although Nelson had pathological hatred for the French). The current batch of crooks who jostle for power as we type are not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath and will be responsible for killing off Britain. What's yellow-bellied about saying that?

Notice that I'm trying to remain objective and not make my remarks personal. Once you start name calling other posters you've already lost the argument.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 22:03 - Jul 14 with 1548 viewssince58

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:18 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

War Office Rd, is that Bamford enough for you?

Nah Ashworth Road that's Bamford.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 06:21 - Jul 15 with 1467 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 22:03 - Jul 14 by since58

Nah Ashworth Road that's Bamford.

So you did use a map.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 07:16 - Jul 15 with 1443 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:19 - Jul 14 by nordenblue

I live in a totally different area/city,close though good try and about as accurate as all your other comments......

Sorry, it was just with it being in your name, although I suppose you didn't call yourself NumbSkullBlue.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 08:52 - Jul 15 with 1407 viewssince58

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 06:21 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

So you did use a map.

I don't need a map to to know the area ,my father in law walked from the cottages
which is now Bamford precinct to ashworth school down the lanes everyday .
Myself and my family have walked miles around that area. so no I don't need a map.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 08:52 - Jul 15 with 1407 viewsHK_Dale

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:03 - Jul 14 by anotherbiffo

I don't know how people can keep a straight face when they make glib assumptions about how Britain has "regained her freedom".

Take your brexit specs off, chaps (the ones which magnify the UK x20 when you look at the map). Britain, in one fell swoop, has just voted to substantially reduce her influence on the world stage. We're sleep-walking into a situation where we have no effective political opposition within the country, at the same time precipitating a highly volatile situation within Europe and the wider world - one which can only cause the more predatory powers to prick up their ears. Furthermore, we have compromised the well-being of over 450 million Europeans, who understandably view Britain's betrayal with disappointment and bemusement.

It's not a question of sour grapes, because economies are inexorably linked and when one does well, all others tend to follow.

The post-brexit Britain will be very small indeed and I struggle to see where the inspiration can come from to ignite the pinch of dry powder that remains in our breach. I suspect that Nelson, Churchill and even Thatcher are turning in their graves.

How the f*ck are we accountable for the citizens of the rest of Europe and how have we compromised their well-being?

If you mean economically, please tell me you feel the same about Greece, Spain and Italy?

We are still a member of the UN security council (that won't change); we are still part of the G7 (that won't change), NATO and other supranational organisations, which have just chosen that the costs outweigh the benefits of being a member for one of those organisations. Also, I haven't seen any proposal to withdraw from the entire international community as a whole? Have you?!

All this bed-wetting and hyperbole is all to do with vague concepts about how we will no longer be perceived as being communitarian. But no one, not even the EU is saying they want to completely stop engaging with the UK.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:03 - Jul 15 with 1399 viewsJimmyRustler

10 pages and counting of people arguing with someone who is quite clearly mentally unstable!

Hope the football season hurries up.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:46 - Jul 15 with 1365 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:03 - Jul 15 by JimmyRustler

10 pages and counting of people arguing with someone who is quite clearly mentally unstable!

Hope the football season hurries up.

Yeah, but you're another one going straight in my keep net.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:49 - Jul 15 with 1356 viewskippy333

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:46 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

Ah the old "I was fishing" line. An admirable exit strategy.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 9:50]
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:58 - Jul 15 with 1341 viewsD_Alien

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 08:52 - Jul 15 by HK_Dale

How the f*ck are we accountable for the citizens of the rest of Europe and how have we compromised their well-being?

If you mean economically, please tell me you feel the same about Greece, Spain and Italy?

We are still a member of the UN security council (that won't change); we are still part of the G7 (that won't change), NATO and other supranational organisations, which have just chosen that the costs outweigh the benefits of being a member for one of those organisations. Also, I haven't seen any proposal to withdraw from the entire international community as a whole? Have you?!

All this bed-wetting and hyperbole is all to do with vague concepts about how we will no longer be perceived as being communitarian. But no one, not even the EU is saying they want to completely stop engaging with the UK.

tbf HK, the citizens of Europe will miss our annual net contribution of c. £10bn

No wonder they're feeling a bit sore

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:02 - Jul 15 with 1335 viewsD_Alien

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:49 - Jul 15 by kippy333

Aye, and they can go fish in their own fookin waters!

Not that the Czech Republic has any
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 10:03]

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:07 - Jul 15 with 1349 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:49 - Jul 15 by kippy333

Exit from what? I'm not exiting anywhere buddy. Part of the message board elite I am, one of the few members I see on here from all the way back to rivals and before.

I've been coming on here and bagging up small fry like you for donkies years... Come and have a go if you think you're quick enough, otherwise enjoy the stay in my net, and I'll be careful putting you back in when I'm done with you.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:12 - Jul 15 with 1342 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 07:16 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

Sorry, it was just with it being in your name, although I suppose you didn't call yourself NumbSkullBlue.

"Notice that I'm trying to remain objective and not make my remarks personal. Once you start name calling other posters you've already lost the argument."

Please do try and keep up....not the brightest bless you
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:14 - Jul 15 with 1335 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:07 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

Exit from what? I'm not exiting anywhere buddy. Part of the message board elite I am, one of the few members I see on here from all the way back to rivals and before.

I've been coming on here and bagging up small fry like you for donkies years... Come and have a go if you think you're quick enough, otherwise enjoy the stay in my net, and I'll be careful putting you back in when I'm done with you.

You're pretty special for sure,I wouldn't say elite...
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:39 - Jul 15 with 1309 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:14 - Jul 15 by nordenblue

You're pretty special for sure,I wouldn't say elite...

Of course I'm elite, in one fell swoop I've come along and trawled up more fry than I can fit in my net. I've also gobbled up some big fish who really should know better.

The only thing I need now to be totally satisfied is for BelgianDutchBlue or whatever it's called to come out and my week will be complete.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:47 - Jul 15 with 1301 viewskippy333

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:07 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

I must admit, the 'fishing' you are doing now is much more preferable than the fishing for sympathy post you put on here a while back over your supposed illness when going toe to toe with the board halfwit.

Now that really was pathetic
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 14:16]
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:57 - Jul 15 with 1289 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:47 - Jul 15 by kippy333

I must admit, the 'fishing' you are doing now is much more preferable than the fishing for sympathy post you put on here a while back over your supposed illness when going toe to toe with the board halfwit.

Is that it? Is that you being "sharp"? Surly you can do better, have another go.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 11:09 - Jul 15 with 1274 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:39 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

Of course I'm elite, in one fell swoop I've come along and trawled up more fry than I can fit in my net. I've also gobbled up some big fish who really should know better.

The only thing I need now to be totally satisfied is for BelgianDutchBlue or whatever it's called to come out and my week will be complete.

You're good at gobbling no doubt about that..
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 11:14 - Jul 15 with 1260 viewsD_Alien

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:57 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

Is that it? Is that you being "sharp"? Surly you can do better, have another go.

Edited
[Post edited 15 Jul 2016 11:19]

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 11:22 - Jul 15 with 1243 viewsD_Alien

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 10:47 - Jul 15 by kippy333

Considering he threw a rant in about the NHS not being good enough for him at the time, its no wonder he feels let down by his native country.

That's left him where he belongs - in the sharps bin of Europe.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:13 - Jul 15 with 1159 viewsJimmyRustler

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:46 - Jul 15 by EllGazzell

I just hope you get the treatment you need over there in the beautiful city which is Prague

Let me know how it feels looking at all that spectacular architecture whilst fully smacked of your tits (assuming you're not off yer box already).
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024