Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. 07:28 - Jun 28 with 35718 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Only speculation but a few things have happened, in particular in the Conservative Party, that makes me think that the appetite for Brexit has reduced significantly.

Cameron's decision not to invoke Article 50 immediately has thrown the leavers into turmoil as it is now down to one of them to do the ultimate. It will now be the responsibility of the new PM to invoke Articld 50, a move nobody intended, or wants, to make. IDS and Gove all noted by their absence and Boris looked pale as milk yesterday with the realisation that Merkel et al have said a firm no to negotiations prior to invoking Article 50. This means the future PM will have nothing to 'sell' to the country or the markets prior to invoking Article 50. They will not be able to have one piece of legislation or even negotiation in their hands re 50% of UK trade. It would be like pushing an economic nuclear bomb if a new PM was to invoke Article 50 in such a situation as market confidence would collapse and multinationals up sticks. This will be an even more difficult act to undertake if the UK is in recession, which even the leavers acknowledge may very well be the case. Indeed, Boris has come out attempting to ease fears by stating that the UK remains very much at the heart of Europe and nothing much will change with the ultimate irony being that if we are to negotiate access to the single market then the terms of that negotiations will be very much like what we have already. Merkel et al permitting.

There are now rumours that top people in the Tories including some leavers and whips are sufficiently spooked enough to not back Boris or another leave candidate.

Could be wrong but expect stalemate. EU will call UK bluff and UK will be unwilling to do the ultimate deed because they will not be able to get the deals they so desperately want. Fascinating times.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 7:35]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:39 - Jul 6 with 2245 viewslurker

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:15 - Jul 6 by CamdenDale

It's not an excellent post. Neither was the one he was replying to.

The remain crew (as was) aren't behaving themselves granted. But there's a reason for that - in short, there is no plan. Just nutty emotionality.

'Now we are free' - 'now we are six', I mean, it's just emotional bonkersness.

I don't get those that voted to remain banging on so much about there being a lack of a Brexit plan. Who called this referendum anyway? Pretty sure it was Cameron's decision. Did he not plan for the eventuality that the people might just vote to leave?

That the remainers blame Boris, Gove et al for the lack of a plan is a bit strange. They simply campaigned to leave (I know they had other motives but when were they told they would need to invoke the people's wishes themselves?). The leader of the government should have done his job and followed through on the wishes of the majority - which is the very reason for having a referendum in the first place. Instead he chose to resign having not got the result he favoured, it would seem.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:51 - Jul 6 with 2222 viewsCamdenDale

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:39 - Jul 6 by lurker

I don't get those that voted to remain banging on so much about there being a lack of a Brexit plan. Who called this referendum anyway? Pretty sure it was Cameron's decision. Did he not plan for the eventuality that the people might just vote to leave?

That the remainers blame Boris, Gove et al for the lack of a plan is a bit strange. They simply campaigned to leave (I know they had other motives but when were they told they would need to invoke the people's wishes themselves?). The leader of the government should have done his job and followed through on the wishes of the majority - which is the very reason for having a referendum in the first place. Instead he chose to resign having not got the result he favoured, it would seem.

That is so dumb my man. Such a ridiculous starting point. Just go boil your head. Hang on, we shouldn't have had a plan because Cameron didn't have one?
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:04 - Jul 6 with 2197 viewsTalkingSutty

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:31 - Jul 6 by CamdenDale

Well yes, I am right in this case. Would you let a child beat it's head against a wall? Doubt it. Democracy isn't everything.

'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' or ' Any old Iron , any old iron'. I take it you're living in London, for that reason alone you should be eliminated from this discussion. It's grim up North, we haven't got a pit to piss in, now where did I put that Donkey Stone!!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 15:07]
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:11 - Jul 6 with 2181 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:04 - Jul 6 by TalkingSutty

'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' or ' Any old Iron , any old iron'. I take it you're living in London, for that reason alone you should be eliminated from this discussion. It's grim up North, we haven't got a pit to piss in, now where did I put that Donkey Stone!!

Unusual for a southerner to be so out of touch....
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:18 - Jul 6 with 2166 viewsCamdenDale

Hang on, I've won. Tell me you'd out if ref was tmrw. I don't think so.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:19 - Jul 6 with 2166 viewsmingthemerciless

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:04 - Jul 6 by TalkingSutty

Stoning Donkeys ! Bloody hell that's cruel. You should move to Spain, they throw them off high buildings there.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:23 - Jul 6 with 2162 viewsCamdenDale

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:11 - Jul 6 by nordenblue

Unusual for a southerner to be so out of touch....

Norden. I like Norden. Sometimes though Norden should think about things, have a hang about moment, think about what it is the UK can trade with the commonwealth?
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:27 - Jul 6 with 2151 viewsCamdenDale

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:23 - Jul 6 by CamdenDale

Norden. I like Norden. Sometimes though Norden should think about things, have a hang about moment, think about what it is the UK can trade with the commonwealth?

I mean, you're magic darts man when it comes to talking about the the Dale. But, effing Nora, and god bless, this not for you...
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:00 - Jul 6 with 2100 views49thseason

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:23 - Jul 6 by CamdenDale

From 2011 admittedly so changed a bit no doubt but I guess whatever we sold to the world then we will sell more of now we are out of the protectionist EU
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:03 - Jul 6 with 2087 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:27 - Jul 6 by CamdenDale

I mean, you're magic darts man when it comes to talking about the the Dale. But, effing Nora, and god bless, this not for you...

Replying to your own comments says more about you than me I'd say...
Im not that interested in most things politics to be fair, but its good to stand back and watch in amusement while your good self and ming etc make a complete tool of yourselves..

Patronisings not your strong point either pal leave it to the others
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:05 - Jul 6 with 2082 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:00 - Jul 6 by 49thseason

From 2011 admittedly so changed a bit no doubt but I guess whatever we sold to the world then we will sell more of now we are out of the protectionist EU

Please don't spoil Camdens little ideas with facts for God sake,he'll have nothing left to invent
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:27 - Jul 6 with 2002 viewsR17ALE

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:37 - Jul 6 by anotherbiffo

Ha ha - "Your post is bordering on treason. Hang your head in shame." - give your head a wobble pal, it's called free speech and it's part of our great democratic tradition - the tradition that the Rupert Murdochs, various quack right-wing commentators, a bunch of toffee-nosed wasters including Farage and Johnson and all of middle England's Victor Meldrews are all hell bent on destroying. As for hanging my head in shame, why should I? I'm as proud to be British as you - if not more so - and I'm damned if I'll stand quietly while it's all p@ssed away in one knee-jerk outpouring of unfocused angst and hurt.

Your allusion to OAFC is apposite, however - clueless, leaderless, rudderless, and without a pot to p-ss in - and moreover, certainly heading for the rocks. I could be describing post-brexit Britain. At least we Biffos acknowledge the mess we're in.

You say I should 'Fook off somewhere else', but when I look round this little Isle, from Berwick to Brighton (excluding London, of course) and see rutted roads, coppers dressed like bin-men, dilapidated council houses and dodgy boozers pinned with grimy and tattered George crosses, bullet-necked, tattoed builders spitting out of vans, obese girls waddling over broken pavements with prams, all the while texting, litter strewn hedges and vile, broken down caravans selling slimy tea and bacon butties, it makes me all the more determined to stay and fight for the right not to be sh@t on and lied to by the 'establishment', fight the jingoistic slogans that hide our cowardly, insanely regressive and isolationist withdrawal and fight the accompanying xenophobia.

Yes, I'm a little bit unhappy with the referendum result.

Well I work all over England and can only identify with your sad view of it when I'm in Oldham!

Don't you see the glorious countryside and green and pleasant land which we are bloody lucky to live in?

And don't you feel fortunate that you live in a country that gave you the chance to have a free, private vote at a ballot box*, plus the freedom of speech on here and elsewhere?

* I know you didn't like the result!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:52 - Jul 6 with 1975 viewsmingthemerciless

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:27 - Jul 6 by R17ALE

Well I work all over England and can only identify with your sad view of it when I'm in Oldham!

Don't you see the glorious countryside and green and pleasant land which we are bloody lucky to live in?

And don't you feel fortunate that you live in a country that gave you the chance to have a free, private vote at a ballot box*, plus the freedom of speech on here and elsewhere?

It's not and never has been for many years a " private " vote. They can cross reference your polling card with your voting slip. They can tell who you vote for if need be.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 17:52]
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:18 - Jul 6 with 1944 viewsroccydaleian

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:52 - Jul 6 by mingthemerciless

It's not and never has been for many years a " private " vote. They can cross reference your polling card with your voting slip. They can tell who you vote for if need be.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 17:52]

Would you like to comment on the rest of Razzle's post, or are you just another typical SJW, who's dummy spitting 'cause they lost the vote?
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:40 - Jul 6 with 1926 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:05 - Jul 6 by nordenblue

Please don't spoil Camdens little ideas with facts for God sake,he'll have nothing left to invent

Chet, if you look at the facts presented by 49th they also back up Camden's point which 49th has the good grace to acknowledge.

It's all very gay I know but try and stick with it.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:48 - Jul 6 with 1914 viewsmingthemerciless

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:18 - Jul 6 by roccydaleian

Would you like to comment on the rest of Razzle's post, or are you just another typical SJW, who's dummy spitting 'cause they lost the vote?

No not really.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 19:00 - Jul 6 with 1906 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:40 - Jul 6 by BigDaveMyCock

Chet, if you look at the facts presented by 49th they also back up Camden's point which 49th has the good grace to acknowledge.

It's all very gay I know but try and stick with it.

Not that interested tbf, it's all very amusing how bitter and twisted the people are who have obviously voted to remain in,there's a few dummies still flying about that need returning to their owners big dick...
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 19:25 - Jul 6 with 1883 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 19:00 - Jul 6 by nordenblue

Not that interested tbf, it's all very amusing how bitter and twisted the people are who have obviously voted to remain in,there's a few dummies still flying about that need returning to their owners big dick...

How do you know we have big dicks?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:02 - Jul 6 with 1850 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 19:25 - Jul 6 by BigDaveMyCock

How do you know we have big dicks?

The clues in the name
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:40 - Jul 6 with 1810 viewsanotherbiffo

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:27 - Jul 6 by R17ALE

You kind of sum things up when you resort to cheap jibes about a town which is all of ... 6 miles distant to Rochdale. What chance diversity and harmony with the likes of you?

Yes, I've seen the "green and pleasant land", but I've also seen the fracking, which is illegal in France and most EU countries. The first thing Britain will do post Europe is renege on environmental and humanitarian agreements.

In reply to other posters, I'm not bitter and twisted - just furious and bemused. I accept the result of the referendum, because there is no going back, but it has to be one of the most, if not the most ludicrous and suicidal national ballots in the long history of modern humanity. Every SERIOUS journal, institution and organisation, in every field of endeavour on the face of this planet has shown reservations about brexit.

And as far as world trade goes, know that at least 40 percent of British trade to the world OUTSIDE of Europe passes through the EU (the so-called 'Rotterdam effect', whereby we profit unfettered from the immense European container infra-structure). Never mind. In 10 years, we may have sorted a deal out (if we manage to borrow some trade negotiators).

You couldn't make this sh+t up!.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:58 - Jul 6 with 1771 viewsroccydaleian

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:40 - Jul 6 by anotherbiffo

You kind of sum things up when you resort to cheap jibes about a town which is all of ... 6 miles distant to Rochdale. What chance diversity and harmony with the likes of you?

Yes, I've seen the "green and pleasant land", but I've also seen the fracking, which is illegal in France and most EU countries. The first thing Britain will do post Europe is renege on environmental and humanitarian agreements.

In reply to other posters, I'm not bitter and twisted - just furious and bemused. I accept the result of the referendum, because there is no going back, but it has to be one of the most, if not the most ludicrous and suicidal national ballots in the long history of modern humanity. Every SERIOUS journal, institution and organisation, in every field of endeavour on the face of this planet has shown reservations about brexit.

And as far as world trade goes, know that at least 40 percent of British trade to the world OUTSIDE of Europe passes through the EU (the so-called 'Rotterdam effect', whereby we profit unfettered from the immense European container infra-structure). Never mind. In 10 years, we may have sorted a deal out (if we manage to borrow some trade negotiators).

Diversity is a crock and a cause of a lot problems imo. Integration is key, will it ever happen fully? A lot of good the EU has done regarding fracking then if it's not got a blanket ban, so what is your point?
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:13 - Jul 6 with 1751 viewsbatman

The people of Wakefield Morley and Dewsbury are delighted
They can now sell their rhubarb unfettered by EU Regulations
and can in return buy banana's with a radius less than 400mm
See it's that easy 😜H
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 21:16]
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:13 - Jul 6 with 1748 viewsanotherbiffo

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:58 - Jul 6 by roccydaleian

Diversity is a crock and a cause of a lot problems imo. Integration is key, will it ever happen fully? A lot of good the EU has done regarding fracking then if it's not got a blanket ban, so what is your point?

My point - "suck it up, Britain, you made your choice".
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:20 - Jul 6 with 1727 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:40 - Jul 6 by anotherbiffo

One of the biggest criticisms to come out of the Chilcot Inquiry today was that the Blair and Bush administrations didn't have a plan. A concrete strategy for replacing the institutions they were doing away with. There was an overriding presumption that by getting rid of something they, rightly or wrongly, didn't like then everything would fall into place thereafter. We have, rightly or wrongly, voted to replace the EU as a sizeable institution that structures a very large percentage of both direct and, as you rightly point out, indirect trade. The scary thing is that we have no concrete plan as to what will replace this. Instead, just presumptions. Presumptions that an apparent new found freedom will lead to favourable trade agreements (some of them utterly fanciful). The warnings have been provided by the majority UK and foreign business leaders, politicians and economists. I hope to god they're wrong.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 21:28]

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:30 - Jul 6 with 1715 viewsanotherbiffo

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 21:20 - Jul 6 by BigDaveMyCock

One of the biggest criticisms to come out of the Chilcot Inquiry today was that the Blair and Bush administrations didn't have a plan. A concrete strategy for replacing the institutions they were doing away with. There was an overriding presumption that by getting rid of something they, rightly or wrongly, didn't like then everything would fall into place thereafter. We have, rightly or wrongly, voted to replace the EU as a sizeable institution that structures a very large percentage of both direct and, as you rightly point out, indirect trade. The scary thing is that we have no concrete plan as to what will replace this. Instead, just presumptions. Presumptions that an apparent new found freedom will lead to favourable trade agreements (some of them utterly fanciful). The warnings have been provided by the majority UK and foreign business leaders, politicians and economists. I hope to god they're wrong.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2016 21:28]

Whooooah! way too much sense for one thread!

I, too, hope we can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

What's good for the UK is good for Europe and vice-versa. There are no winners and losers - everybody is in this together.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024