Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. 07:28 - Jun 28 with 35724 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Only speculation but a few things have happened, in particular in the Conservative Party, that makes me think that the appetite for Brexit has reduced significantly.

Cameron's decision not to invoke Article 50 immediately has thrown the leavers into turmoil as it is now down to one of them to do the ultimate. It will now be the responsibility of the new PM to invoke Articld 50, a move nobody intended, or wants, to make. IDS and Gove all noted by their absence and Boris looked pale as milk yesterday with the realisation that Merkel et al have said a firm no to negotiations prior to invoking Article 50. This means the future PM will have nothing to 'sell' to the country or the markets prior to invoking Article 50. They will not be able to have one piece of legislation or even negotiation in their hands re 50% of UK trade. It would be like pushing an economic nuclear bomb if a new PM was to invoke Article 50 in such a situation as market confidence would collapse and multinationals up sticks. This will be an even more difficult act to undertake if the UK is in recession, which even the leavers acknowledge may very well be the case. Indeed, Boris has come out attempting to ease fears by stating that the UK remains very much at the heart of Europe and nothing much will change with the ultimate irony being that if we are to negotiate access to the single market then the terms of that negotiations will be very much like what we have already. Merkel et al permitting.

There are now rumours that top people in the Tories including some leavers and whips are sufficiently spooked enough to not back Boris or another leave candidate.

Could be wrong but expect stalemate. EU will call UK bluff and UK will be unwilling to do the ultimate deed because they will not be able to get the deals they so desperately want. Fascinating times.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2016 7:35]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:18 - Jul 14 with 1912 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 12:40 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

Hahaha you're comedy gold. This central European backwater is worth 10 times that pit you live in in terms or quality or life.

On a positive note though, when I visit next week I'll be pumping more money into the economy due to taking advantage of the preferable exchange rate.

I might even leave a couple of tips for the staff should they deserve it.

Even buying a major shareholding in the club, then you can sing my name from the stands.

A bold statement about someone you know nothing about nor his standard of life or even where he lives,why does that not surprise me!

Keep your money and put it into some enthralling sport like fooking ice hockey....
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:23 - Jul 14 with 1904 viewsD_Alien

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 09:50 - Jul 14 by anotherbiffo

"Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken to my joyful tidings
Of the Golden future time.

Soon or late the day is coming,
Tyrant Man shall be o'erthrown,
And the fruitful fields of England
Shall be trod by beasts alone.

Rings shall vanish from our noses,
And the harness from our back,
Bit and spur shall rust forever,
Cruel whips no more shall crack.

Riches more than mind can picture,
Wheat and barley, oats and hay,
Clover, beans, and mangel-wurzels
Shall be ours upon that day.

Bright will shine the fields of England,
Purer shall its waters be,
Sweeter yet shall blow its breezes
On the day that sets us free.

For that day we all must labour,
Though we die before it break;
Cows and horses, geese and turkeys,
All must toil for freedom's sake.

Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken well, and spread my tidings
Of the Golden future time."

And you think I'm funny ??

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:57 - Jul 14 with 1858 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:13 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

We'll look forward to rkershaw's take on your username

We recognise waffle when we see it

Waffle hey? I might not necessarily have the liquidity to throw the cash down on the table next Friday, but I'm sure my team could jiggle my portfolio around and bring in an associate to set the Dale up.

I've always seen myself giving something back to Rochdale at some point and that could definitely be one way.

The "ellgazzell stadium", it's got a nice ring to it no?

"Give us an E, give us an L, give us an L... "

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:01 - Jul 14 with 1851 viewsD_Alien

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:57 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

Waffle hey? I might not necessarily have the liquidity to throw the cash down on the table next Friday, but I'm sure my team could jiggle my portfolio around and bring in an associate to set the Dale up.

I've always seen myself giving something back to Rochdale at some point and that could definitely be one way.

Not just waffle, mind! But bigoted waffle.

If you deign to offer a tip on your visit, chances are you'll be tipping someone from a European backwater who's come to the UK to earn some money.

Be generous, in equal measure to your condescension.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:22 - Jul 14 with 1786 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 14:01 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

Not just waffle, mind! But bigoted waffle.

If you deign to offer a tip on your visit, chances are you'll be tipping someone from a European backwater who's come to the UK to earn some money.

Be generous, in equal measure to your condescension.

I'm always generous if it's deserved and I'll tip in Kč as it will be better to use a stable currency for them than the toxic pound.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:38 - Jul 14 with 1771 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:18 - Jul 14 by nordenblue

A bold statement about someone you know nothing about nor his standard of life or even where he lives,why does that not surprise me!

Keep your money and put it into some enthralling sport like fooking ice hockey....

Hmmm, you're struggling to keep up, let me see...

28 years here

8 years here

Yep, I don't know what I'm talking about...

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:41 - Jul 14 with 1762 viewsD_Alien

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:22 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

I'm always generous if it's deserved and I'll tip in Kč as it will be better to use a stable currency for them than the toxic pound.

You could try, I suppose, but would they appreciate your gesture when they want UK currency to help them support their loved ones back home? The UK minimum wage is often several multiples of what they might earn in their home countries, which is why they've uprooted themselves. Plus, our currency will buy them more back home, for the time being.

We'll survive the temporary market fluctuations which you seem to base your petty points on, thanks, and move on. Short-termism isn't very wise, as you'll discover. Even less useful is a toxic attitude.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:45 - Jul 14 with 1754 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:38 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

28 years here

8 years here

So you assume DA lives in the town flats,even by your standards that's pretty clever?

This may come as a surprise to you but not everyone who posts on here lives in the centre of Rochdale.

Your last statement is your most accurate yet.....
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:06 - Jul 14 with 1731 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:45 - Jul 14 by nordenblue

So you assume DA lives in the town flats,even by your standards that's pretty clever?

This may come as a surprise to you but not everyone who posts on here lives in the centre of Rochdale.

I just typed Rochdale into google and Praha, those are the 1st images I received back. Even so, trying to suggest that anywhere around Rochdale can compare to this UNESCO World Heritage site is laughable.

You're very much like UKIP17ALE trying to distort my words to something else, why not go the whole hog and tell me to "fook off" as well?
[Post edited 3 May 2020 21:15]

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:11 - Jul 14 with 1714 viewsD_Alien

tbf nb, I'm living the high life, albeit not in t' town centre!

It seems that comparing Praha with Rochdale is a valid argument for exiles who don't understand Brexit. We can only shake our heads and smile at the poverty of their imagination

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:41 - Jul 14 with 1673 viewskippy333

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:06 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

I just typed Rochdale into google and Praha, those are the 1st images I received back. Even so, trying to suggest that anywhere around Rochdale can compare to this UNESCO World Heritage site is laughable.

You're very much like UKIP17ALE trying to distort my words to something else, why not go the whole hog and tell me to "fook off" as well?

Oulder Hill, sanctimonious bellend.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:50 - Jul 14 with 1657 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:41 - Jul 14 by kippy333

Oulder Hill, sanctimonious bellend.

I've always enjoyed kippers, you any connection? Or just sleepy?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:17 - Jul 14 with 1627 viewsroccydaleian

Pra-ha, sounds like somewhere Alan Partridge would live. Actually you remind me of AP, a pretentious prick that's full of shite. XX the jealous one.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:21 - Jul 14 with 1624 views49thseason

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 13:57 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

Nurse! He's off his medication again and he's found the computer!
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:31 - Jul 14 with 1616 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:17 - Jul 14 by roccydaleian

Pra-ha, sounds like somewhere Alan Partridge would live. Actually you remind me of AP, a pretentious prick that's full of shite. XX the jealous one.

Take it you're not from Bamford then?

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:37 - Jul 14 with 1607 viewsEllGazzell

Lovely place you live...

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/104067/couple-off

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:58 - Jul 14 with 1585 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:41 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

You could try, I suppose, but would they appreciate your gesture when they want UK currency to help them support their loved ones back home? The UK minimum wage is often several multiples of what they might earn in their home countries, which is why they've uprooted themselves. Plus, our currency will buy them more back home, for the time being.

We'll survive the temporary market fluctuations which you seem to base your petty points on, thanks, and move on. Short-termism isn't very wise, as you'll discover. Even less useful is a toxic attitude.

Minimum wage is only one factor, the ability of that amount is what really counts.

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:19 - Jul 14 with 1564 viewsnordenblue

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:37 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

Lovely place you live...

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/104067/couple-off

I live in a totally different area/city,close though good try and about as accurate as all your other comments......
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:47 - Jul 14 with 1522 viewsroccydaleian

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 17:31 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

Take it you're not from Bamford then?

Belfield.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:48 - Jul 14 with 1521 viewssince58

So where is the real Bamford that you resided in.please enlighten me.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 19:27 - Jul 14 with 1488 viewsCarpeDiem

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 15:38 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

28 years here

8 years here

You absolute pretentious w@nker! A few years living in Europe and you think you're Voltaire yet you're just the former builder version of Joey Barton. At least he didn't slag off his own town and his roots.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 19:32 - Jul 14 with 1480 viewskippy333

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 16:50 - Jul 14 by EllGazzell

I've always enjoyed kippers, you any connection? Or just sleepy?

Neither, just think you're a bit of a bellend really as I did originally state.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 1450 viewsanotherbiffo

I don't know how people can keep a straight face when they make glib assumptions about how Britain has "regained her freedom".

Take your brexit specs off, chaps (the ones which magnify the UK x20 when you look at the map). Britain, in one fell swoop, has just voted to substantially reduce her influence on the world stage. We're sleep-walking into a situation where we have no effective political opposition within the country, at the same time precipitating a highly volatile situation within Europe and the wider world - one which can only cause the more predatory powers to prick up their ears. Furthermore, we have compromised the well-being of over 450 million Europeans, who understandably view Britain's betrayal with disappointment and bemusement.

It's not a question of sour grapes, because economies are inexorably linked and when one does well, all others tend to follow.

The post-brexit Britain will be very small indeed and I struggle to see where the inspiration can come from to ignite the pinch of dry powder that remains in our breach. I suspect that Nelson, Churchill and even Thatcher are turning in their graves.
Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:33 - Jul 14 with 1416 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 18:48 - Jul 14 by since58

So where is the real Bamford that you resided in.please enlighten me.

Enlighten you? Just go and look on a map, it's really not that difficult.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 21:04]

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 20:52 - Jul 14 with 1392 viewsEllGazzell

Brexit. I wouldn't be so sure. on 19:27 - Jul 14 by CarpeDiem

You absolute pretentious w@nker! A few years living in Europe and you think you're Voltaire yet you're just the former builder version of Joey Barton. At least he didn't slag off his own town and his roots.

Give RoccyDaleDebil a message, he's the main coordinator of my fan club.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024