Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pay Monthly Season Tickets 13:09 - Aug 26 with 14088 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-finance-pack

Big step in the right direction!
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:15 - Sep 1 with 2307 views100notout

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:48 - Sep 1 by milly

Still better off getting a 0% credit card.I have 8, yes 8.You always get 0% balance transfers and 0% interest as they try to tempt you back.Never paid any interest yet on credit cards,i just transfer when offer ends to another card offering the 0%.Soon offer you another one though just to tempt you back.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 13:50]

But presumably you pay a fee of 2.95% - 4% of the balance transferred? In which case you could argue its not interest free

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:21 - Sep 1 with 2298 viewsmilly

No,i have a good rating.my cards range from 10.9 downwards.Dont use the card for a while (after having a large balance) and they tempt you back with the 0% transfer and interest.I play the credit card game well.

Having said that,those not fortunate to have a very good rating but still get deals,the balance transfer fee would still be a better yearly option than the interest.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 14:23]
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:40 - Sep 1 with 2255 views100notout

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:21 - Sep 1 by milly

No,i have a good rating.my cards range from 10.9 downwards.Dont use the card for a while (after having a large balance) and they tempt you back with the 0% transfer and interest.I play the credit card game well.

Having said that,those not fortunate to have a very good rating but still get deals,the balance transfer fee would still be a better yearly option than the interest.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2016 14:23]

agreed

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:50 - Sep 1 with 2234 viewsTVOS1907

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 13:44 - Sep 1 by moth5368

I've just followed the link a bit further, it states 'Loan Type' as 6 months interest free with an admin fee of 6%. I would presume that the 'representative APR' takes the admin fee into consideration. So you're not paying 23% AND 6% admin fee.
I wouldn't have expected the club to extend payments beyond the end of the season but allowing payments in April & May would have meant a reduction in the monthly payment. I'd hope that they can get this sorted out early next year so it could be paid over 10 months.

Maybe they are only doing six months because the season has already started and they want to allow people to start paying for 2017/18 in April.

Only guesswork, mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 15:16 - Sep 1 with 2181 viewsdingdangblue

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 14:50 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

Maybe they are only doing six months because the season has already started and they want to allow people to start paying for 2017/18 in April.

Only guesswork, mind.

Even split over 8 months evenly it works out £42.66 per month (Pearl St). Like I said earlier if its a month with only 2 home games what's the point? In principle its a good idea - but like a lot of things Dale its been very badly executed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 15:40 - Sep 1 with 2151 viewsD_Alien

Presumably, it costs the club nothing (financially) to set this up. The costs to them are employee time, but employees are being paid whether or not they set up these deals.

Would those employees who spent time on this be making money for the club through other avenues, which are neglected by working on the deal? I very much doubt it. In effect, the cost is zero.

When their failure to think through on marketing comes home to roost, they'll blame the fans for being ungrateful.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 15:53 - Sep 1 with 2124 viewsTVOS1907

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 15:16 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

Even split over 8 months evenly it works out £42.66 per month (Pearl St). Like I said earlier if its a month with only 2 home games what's the point? In principle its a good idea - but like a lot of things Dale its been very badly executed.

I agree, although I was thinking more of it being split over 10 months (May-February).

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 16:00 - Sep 1 with 2107 viewsdingdangblue

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 15:53 - Sep 1 by TVOS1907

I agree, although I was thinking more of it being split over 10 months (May-February).

Yes obviously their hands are tied this season with it being September already. Just cant see anybody buying one. And I'm flabbergasted after all the criticism of the 'admin fee' for the kids tickets that they've done it again with the '6 months interest free' claim.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 16:04 - Sep 1 with 2099 viewsTVOS1907

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 16:00 - Sep 1 by dingdangblue

Yes obviously their hands are tied this season with it being September already. Just cant see anybody buying one. And I'm flabbergasted after all the criticism of the 'admin fee' for the kids tickets that they've done it again with the '6 months interest free' claim.

It's a bizarre and ill-chosen phrase, that's for sure.

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 16:18 - Sep 1 with 2073 viewsjudd

I was told that when we tried a similar scheme before the uptake was 2 and it was subsequently scrapped.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 16:42 - Sep 1 with 2030 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 15:40 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

Presumably, it costs the club nothing (financially) to set this up. The costs to them are employee time, but employees are being paid whether or not they set up these deals.

Would those employees who spent time on this be making money for the club through other avenues, which are neglected by working on the deal? I very much doubt it. In effect, the cost is zero.

When their failure to think through on marketing comes home to roost, they'll blame the fans for being ungrateful.

I thought it was just me and have been analysing my negativity and been doing some soul searching but its really difficult to keep quiet when away from the pitch the Club keeps scoring so many own goals.

The new CE will hopefully be his own man and will have assesed the situation and will get the fans back on board and back into the Stadium. Great post by the way!!
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 17:41 - Sep 1 with 1946 viewsdingdangblue

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 15:40 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

The thing is anyone with half a brain cell can see that there is no extra admin involved beyond the remit of their usual ticket office duties. The £20 is the interest charged by Zebra on the 6 month loan. Why can't they just say it? We are not complete imbeciles.

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 17:52 - Sep 1 with 1926 views442Dale

If this idea had been ran by a few fans first, with a quick "have a read of that, any issues?", the subsequent reaction to what initially was a positive idea could have been avoided.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 18:22 - Sep 1 with 1893 views442Dale

Is it me, or has the table that explained the monthly payments/fees, now become a map of the ground?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 18:24 - Sep 1 with 1886 viewsColDale

I do my banking online like most people and as such, it's pretty easy to see what comes in and goes out at any time.

So what is to stop the club launching this scheme themselves in the following way:

* Split the season ticket cost into twelve equal payments
* Take payments from January to December
* All payments to be taken out on the 1st of each month
* One club employee responsible for checking on the 1st of each month that each payment has been taken out
* On the assumption that January to June has been fully paid up, a half season ticket is issued
* On the assumption that July to December is fully paid up, the second half of the season ticket is issued
* Should any payments be missed, the club can contact the supporter concerned and ask them to make the missing payment within one month or otherwise the scheme is stopped with no refund

Cost to the club?
* Two season ticket books per supporters as opposed to one
* Employees time checking direct debits been made on one day per month and subsequent calls

Advantage to the club?
* Money coming into the club 5-6 months earlier than normal
* Supporters more likely to be retained as supporters with increases as people less likely to cancel a direct debit
* No third party will take any supporter money for season ticket
* Supporters more likely to become season ticket holder due to being more affordable season tickets
* No potential rip offs as supporters will already have paid in advance for any tickets

I know there will be much more learned people on here than me when it comes to things financial, but would it really be that difficult to monitor 3-400 direct debits one day per month and follow up on the handful who don't make that payment?
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 18:27 - Sep 1 with 1880 viewsboromat

We have been asking for this for a while now we've got it and we're moaning haha. Typical.

It was never something that appealed to me but can see how it would benefit some. I presume the admin fee and interest are down to the loan company Dale will only get the base price of the season ticket?

Bit of a shame it's only over 6 months but the season has already started and that could change next year. As for the argument it's expensive if there's only 2 games one month that's the whole point isn't it? Spread the cost over several months so that when 5 home games come in one month you're still paying the same monthly amount?

Anyway I'd say it's a good start the more avenues there are to enable fans to buy tickets the better. This builds on the work last year to enable online ticket sales.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 18:35 - Sep 1 with 1852 views442Dale

Also, Country Season Tickets: these are for ten games according to this http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/documents/rafc-season-ticket-app-form-2016-17-speci

Using the Main Stand as example it was £198 to buy a Country ST, now although we have played three games, is the Country ST still for ten games under the finance option? If so, it's showing as cheaper at £172 (presumably before fees). If it's not ten games, does it say how many?

Again, apologies if I've missed something.

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 18:56 - Sep 1 with 1815 viewsdingdangblue

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 18:27 - Sep 1 by boromat

We have been asking for this for a while now we've got it and we're moaning haha. Typical.

It was never something that appealed to me but can see how it would benefit some. I presume the admin fee and interest are down to the loan company Dale will only get the base price of the season ticket?

Bit of a shame it's only over 6 months but the season has already started and that could change next year. As for the argument it's expensive if there's only 2 games one month that's the whole point isn't it? Spread the cost over several months so that when 5 home games come in one month you're still paying the same monthly amount?

Anyway I'd say it's a good start the more avenues there are to enable fans to buy tickets the better. This builds on the work last year to enable online ticket sales.

There is no admin fee - its the interest.

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 22:18 - Sep 1 with 1665 viewsRAFCBLUE

68 previous posts, many with good ideas about how a sport club can influence its second biggest revenue stream.

Do the club not get it?

I'm astounded that some really bright and successful business people are struggling to see the opportunities that exist to SELL tickets.

Basic economic fact number 1. if something is perceived to be expensive or not value for money it will not be purchased and left unsold.

What is hidden about this fact? A match ticket to watch Rochdale play is peceived as expensive and not good value for money. That is at a time where we have the second longest spell at our highest tier of competition a decent young team and a fighting chance.

How to you stop something being perceived as expensive? Reduce the price and/or offer a stimulus to buy. The club continue to do neither.

How so I hear you ask?

Season tickets - done to death. An issue of trust over the cost increase the club wanted to sell as a price reduction. Trust diminished purchases fall - more empty spaces. if you see the first 4.5 games as free, you're not having the best return so far.

Under 11's - the new target audience. A great principled idea. Who decides what an under 11 does - their parent or guardian or family member. You can offer as many free tickets to under 11's as you want - if you don't hook their parent or guardian or family member you don't hook them. Look at how Disney trap millions of consenting adults each school holiday to 2.5 hours of Finding Dory and the club could learn a lesson or two. Selling match tickets to watch Rochdale football club to under 11's isn't the same as selling toys.

Is the damage done for this season - yes; irreparably in my opinion.

Is the damage there for next season - possibly; once you've alienated a customer they don't usually come back. Once a smoker gets out of the habit they can usually stop. Imagine if stopping that habit saved you time, effort and inconvenience as well as money.

The club should see this massive warning light flashing or hear the big alarm bell ringing. ideally both, but they don't, won't or can't.

They then counter that by today offering a floating commitment phobic current non-season ticket holding fan a product that not only doesn't tempt them back but charges them a fixed rate for games they would be better off picking and choosing. If the club sell more than 25 then I'd be amazed.

Simple things make the difference for example:

* Create a ticket that allows me to attend 5 games for 90% of the cost of the full entry price. Sell it to me and when you work out I've used the 5th ticket email me or phone me to offer me another one - this time for 85% of the full entry price. Thank me for my custom and tell me how great I am.

* Make the Southend game on 8th October £5 entry for any stand for adults and free completely for kids and for all home and away fans. Publicise the fact for the weeks and weeks that lead up to it in every single school in the borough to all those youngsters and their families. Remind them that its bury the week after and Oldham the week after that and give them a flyer with all the fixtures between October and Christmas on it with in big letters - DEAR POOR PARENT - YOUR CHILDS TICKET HERE CAN BE FREE.

* Take simple ideas to take my money - read Col's post above. How hard can that be. I've just bought a new sofa and the sofa company were insistent I had a simple 0% payment plan to help me afford my purchase - where is that at this football club?

* Take the club into the town. Give Goldbond agents two free tickets each to post in a door next to an existing Goldbond customer. Call it "The Lucky Ticket" with one lucky person each week getting to meet the manager, players, tea lady or whoever else just for coming for the first time. Even if they are given away they will create interest.

* Try targetting the whole of Norden with a simple marketing campaign that is proactive and regular. Norden in the last census had 9,766 people with 4,786 men. If you got half to walk the fifteen minutes to the ground then you would double the home gate - double it! Do it in a way that really upsets other boroughs like Littleborough, Milnrow, Wardle and when those people complain - offer them the same deal too. Catch the people on your doorstep because at the minute they are passing you by.

Some ideas - others have more and better ones.

This to me is like watching us defend corners - you know its wrong; you can see what's wrong and you think just set up properly and engage sensibly and you should be alright.

Sadly the club won't or can't see filling Spotland as an occupancy sport with 200,000 tickets to see each league campaign. Try seeing what you can do to get that to 100,000 tickets sold to Spotland each league campaign and you'll have a home gate of well over 4,000 - and still less than all the men in Norden.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 22:27 - Sep 1 with 1651 viewsR17ALE

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 22:18 - Sep 1 by RAFCBLUE

68 previous posts, many with good ideas about how a sport club can influence its second biggest revenue stream.

Do the club not get it?

I'm astounded that some really bright and successful business people are struggling to see the opportunities that exist to SELL tickets.

Basic economic fact number 1. if something is perceived to be expensive or not value for money it will not be purchased and left unsold.

What is hidden about this fact? A match ticket to watch Rochdale play is peceived as expensive and not good value for money. That is at a time where we have the second longest spell at our highest tier of competition a decent young team and a fighting chance.

How to you stop something being perceived as expensive? Reduce the price and/or offer a stimulus to buy. The club continue to do neither.

How so I hear you ask?

Season tickets - done to death. An issue of trust over the cost increase the club wanted to sell as a price reduction. Trust diminished purchases fall - more empty spaces. if you see the first 4.5 games as free, you're not having the best return so far.

Under 11's - the new target audience. A great principled idea. Who decides what an under 11 does - their parent or guardian or family member. You can offer as many free tickets to under 11's as you want - if you don't hook their parent or guardian or family member you don't hook them. Look at how Disney trap millions of consenting adults each school holiday to 2.5 hours of Finding Dory and the club could learn a lesson or two. Selling match tickets to watch Rochdale football club to under 11's isn't the same as selling toys.

Is the damage there for next season - possibly; once you've alienated a customer they don't usually come back. Once a smoker gets out of the habit they can usually stop. Imagine if stopping that habit saved you time, effort and inconvenience as well as money.

The club should see this massive warning light flashing or hear the big alarm bell ringing. ideally both, but they don't, won't or can't.

They then counter that by today offering a floating commitment phobic current non-season ticket holding fan a product that not only doesn't tempt them back but charges them a fixed rate for games they would be better off picking and choosing. If the club sell more than 25 then I'd be amazed.

* Create a ticket that allows me to attend 5 games for 90% of the cost of the full entry price. Sell it to me and when you work out I've used the 5th ticket email me or phone me to offer me another one - this time for 85% of the full entry price. Thank me for my custom and tell me how great I am.

* Make the Southend game on 8th October £5 entry for any stand for adults and free completely for kids and for all home and away fans. Publicise the fact for the weeks and weeks that lead up to it in every single school in the borough to all those youngsters and their families. Remind them that its bury the week after and Oldham the week after that and give them a flyer with all the fixtures between October and Christmas on it with in big letters - DEAR POOR PARENT - YOUR CHILDS TICKET HERE CAN BE FREE.

* Take simple ideas to take my money - read Col's post above. How hard can that be. I've just bought a new sofa and the sofa company were insistent I had a simple 0% payment plan to help me afford my purchase - where is that at this football club?

* Take the club into the town. Give Goldbond agents two free tickets each to post in a door next to an existing Goldbond customer. Call it "The Lucky Ticket" with one lucky person each week getting to meet the manager, players, tea lady or whoever else just for coming for the first time. Even if they are given away they will create interest.

* Try targetting the whole of Norden with a simple marketing campaign that is proactive and regular. Norden in the last census had 9,766 people with 4,786 men. If you got half to walk the fifteen minutes to the ground then you would double the home gate - double it! Do it in a way that really upsets other boroughs like Littleborough, Milnrow, Wardle and when those people complain - offer them the same deal too. Catch the people on your doorstep because at the minute they are passing you by.

This to me is like watching us defend corners - you know its wrong; you can see what's wrong and you think just set up properly and engage sensibly and you should be alright.

Sadly the club won't or can't see filling Spotland as an occupancy sport with 200,000 tickets to see each league campaign. Try seeing what you can do to get that to 100,000 tickets sold to Spotland each league campaign and you'll have a home gate of well over 4,000 - and still less than all the men in Norden.

Absolutely brilliant.

But it will be ignored!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 22:37 - Sep 1 with 1632 viewsTVOS1907

Do the club not get it?

How so I hear you ask?

Great post with some brilliant ideas.

Rather than keeping them on here, my advice would be to email them to the new Chief Executive to see what he thinks.

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 23:42 - Sep 1 with 1554 viewsTalkingSutty

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 18:24 - Sep 1 by ColDale

I do my banking online like most people and as such, it's pretty easy to see what comes in and goes out at any time.

So what is to stop the club launching this scheme themselves in the following way:

* Split the season ticket cost into twelve equal payments
* Take payments from January to December
* All payments to be taken out on the 1st of each month
* One club employee responsible for checking on the 1st of each month that each payment has been taken out
* On the assumption that January to June has been fully paid up, a half season ticket is issued
* On the assumption that July to December is fully paid up, the second half of the season ticket is issued
* Should any payments be missed, the club can contact the supporter concerned and ask them to make the missing payment within one month or otherwise the scheme is stopped with no refund

Cost to the club?
* Two season ticket books per supporters as opposed to one
* Employees time checking direct debits been made on one day per month and subsequent calls

Advantage to the club?
* Money coming into the club 5-6 months earlier than normal
* Supporters more likely to be retained as supporters with increases as people less likely to cancel a direct debit
* No third party will take any supporter money for season ticket
* Supporters more likely to become season ticket holder due to being more affordable season tickets
* No potential rip offs as supporters will already have paid in advance for any tickets

I know there will be much more learned people on here than me when it comes to things financial, but would it really be that difficult to monitor 3-400 direct debits one day per month and follow up on the handful who don't make that payment?

Exactly my thinking and you are more intelligent than me.This is what frustrates me and ultimately casts me as anti the Football Club, when nothing could be further from the truth. It's common sense.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 0:15]
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 00:13 - Sep 2 with 1523 viewsTalkingSutty

Do the club not get it?

How so I hear you ask?

Great post, but it will be actually viewed as an insult by some people.You might even be accused of being negative for not agreeing with the decision makers.

The fact that supporters have the temerity to just come up with ideas willy nilly doesn't sit well with some. All the more reason to keep the suggestions coming and yours is probably one of the best that i have seen on this forum.
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 06:41 - Sep 2 with 1471 viewsseasidedale

Introducing the monthly is a great idea, I wonder if the deal I think its huddersfield would work, no season tickets, although it could work concurrently. They have a membership scheme and pay £40 a month I think, and get into all games (including cup) it might work although dont know what fee would be best
Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 09:28 - Sep 2 with 1379 viewsD_Alien

Pay Monthly Season Tickets on 06:41 - Sep 2 by seasidedale

Introducing the monthly is a great idea, I wonder if the deal I think its huddersfield would work, no season tickets, although it could work concurrently. They have a membership scheme and pay £40 a month I think, and get into all games (including cup) it might work although dont know what fee would be best

I like the sound of that - a membership programme for a set monthly fee.

Is that £40 every month, i.e. £480 or £40 x 10 with a break in June/July?

The latter is summat i for one would definitely be interested in, as opposed to the current terms & conditions of our season tickets.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024