Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 02:00 - Sep 14 with 43434 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 14:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:34 - Sep 18 with 2079 viewsFatherJack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:26 - Sep 18 by Starsky

At least Baston had a shot on target in 10 minutes.One more than Loriente all season.

Exactly. I'm not 100% sure I'm buying all the excuses about Llorente being isolated. Sure he's not getting brilliant service, but good strikers have the knack of popping up in the right place at the right time and making opportunities from half chances, they don't need it laid out inch perfectly on a plate for them in acres of space, otherwise anyone with a modicum of talent would be a premier league striker. Llorente has been fed a fair number of crosses now over six or so games, and he's been in the wrong place for almost every single one. Then, as you say, Borja is on target within 10 minutes. Borja to start next game.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:40 - Sep 18 with 2031 viewsStarsky

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:34 - Sep 18 by FatherJack

Exactly. I'm not 100% sure I'm buying all the excuses about Llorente being isolated. Sure he's not getting brilliant service, but good strikers have the knack of popping up in the right place at the right time and making opportunities from half chances, they don't need it laid out inch perfectly on a plate for them in acres of space, otherwise anyone with a modicum of talent would be a premier league striker. Llorente has been fed a fair number of crosses now over six or so games, and he's been in the wrong place for almost every single one. Then, as you say, Borja is on target within 10 minutes. Borja to start next game.

Fer had been finding opportunities that Lloriente could have. He's not on a ball and chain is he?

It's just the internet, init.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:47 - Sep 18 with 1961 viewsmonmouth

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:40 - Sep 18 by Starsky

Fer had been finding opportunities that Lloriente could have. He's not on a ball and chain is he?

It's impossible to pick one aspect of what's wrong with the team though, except maybe they are not a team. Just about everything is wrong. Attitude, control, motivation, passing, organisation, movement, shape, commitment, tactics, skills, intent, pace, ideas and teamwork.

Swapping one player in or out will not solve that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:47 - Sep 18 with 1960 viewsGriffting

Very difficult to defend the manager here. Boys looked lost for 80 minutes of that game. They're fullbacks were having a field day due to our shape, the amount of space that was being left infront of the defence was ridiculous and the ball in behind our defence was always on. In attack we offered very little, Llorente isolated again, gylfi - not sure what he was doing? Fer was lazy, cork was just losing the ball and the whole battle in midfield. The long ball was just not working, movement infront of the ball was shocking, build up was slow, players taking 2/3/4 touches on the ball. The times we managed to get them deep just to pass it to one of their players. They were just too slick for us, balls around the corner, one two passes, second balls, they were getting everything. Montero sub was reactionary to their goal, when it should have happened at half time. Borja came on 15/20 minutes too late - okay maybe delayed due to do fitness. We are in serious trouble if they aim to play like that for the rest of the season. Extremely frustrated and even more dissapointing.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:50 - Sep 18 with 1938 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:47 - Sep 18 by monmouth

It's impossible to pick one aspect of what's wrong with the team though, except maybe they are not a team. Just about everything is wrong. Attitude, control, motivation, passing, organisation, movement, shape, commitment, tactics, skills, intent, pace, ideas and teamwork.

But a new management team might...

Watched Watford earlier, a very impressive, well-drilled coherent, aggressive team. The comparison to the way we played was painful.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:54 - Sep 18 with 1910 viewsmonmouth

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:50 - Sep 18 by FearOfAJackPlanet

But a new management team might...

Watched Watford earlier, a very impressive, well-drilled coherent, aggressive team. The comparison to the way we played was painful.

Indeed. It's hard to come to any other conclusion.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - Sep 18 with 1869 viewslondonlisa2001

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:47 - Sep 18 by monmouth

The problem with our team is that we have absolutely no drive or quality in midfield.

Fer or Ki are Ok as the central figure when we are on top, but we have no midfielder driving the team on when we are under the cosh and no creative spark. Siggy is getting away with murder on here - today, he was utterly lazy - simple as that. And Cork, for all he is neat and tidy, doesn't provide either drive or real quality.

They are giving our back 4 no protection and no outlet so the ball keeps coming back. And they are not making any effort to link with Llorente. The problem we have, is that we are two signings short and it's difficult to see who we can use to replace what we have.

The one thing I would do Is bring Leon in. He is more prone to mistakes than he used to be, but he gives us some tempo at least. And drop Siggy - he shouldn't be above criticism - he's come back from the summer looking like a shadow of last season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 17:02]
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:07 - Sep 18 with 1802 viewsdameedna

Same as last season. We beat Watford when it looked almost impossible to achieve the way we were playing.

Not a good display today but we kept it to one goal which is better than Stoke or Man U.

Looks like Barrow and Monetro are creeping into the plans and next game Baston will start.

Has to be said though, Southampton are not very good and we are going to struggle against City and Liverpool.
Login to get fewer ads

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:08 - Sep 18 with 1789 viewsmonmouth

I agree about Britton and in desperation I would try Fulton too. It's the only way to find out. For me it's Fer or Sigurdsson, not both,

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 1779 viewsLord_Bony

I think the word struggle is a bit of an understatement.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:16 - Sep 18 with 1722 viewsmonmouth

I thought Southampton looked fine. Just because we were gash I don't think they 'weren't very good' at all. They looked like a good version of what we used to be. If redmond could finish we'd have had a hiding

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Sep 18 with 1717 viewsDafyddHuw

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:14 - Sep 18 by NeiltheTaylor

The DVD of the game will be in the Megastore first thing Monday morning

Yup, in the bargain bin.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:20 - Sep 18 with 1709 viewscostalotta

It will take more than 1 player! We simply do not have enough quality. Its that obvious.

Take moving Kyle to left back today. Totally hopeless! cost us the goal and his head went. Rangel FFS. did you see him trying to keep up with any of the players running past him? The less said about our midfield the better. Missing bite and creativity. I know its a narrow defeat, but thats not because we played well. We were lucky and unlike last week we didn't score. We wouldn't have scored if we played till christmas.

Whats the plan, the idea... Damage limitation and hope. It looks like to me that is what FG is implementing and hoping we get more good results than 3 other teams. I actually feel sorry for FG as i truly believe he's working with his hands tied. Of course, Huw hasn't helped in that he's failed big time in his role as some kind of transfer guru, which he isn't and never has been. Its like a Mike Basset movie.

We will all carry on supporting our club, we have see it all over the years but you can't help feeling bored watching us at the moment. I do. We're not even plucky!

Its been said many a time on this board but quite a few now that the board and its apparent transfer policy and its here that the problem lies. We have not recruited properly and this is it.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:42 - Sep 18 with 1601 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well I have just watched the first half of the Spurs game and guess what they were pretty gash for them too.
Passes going astray, slow getting forward, passing back when forward passes were on etc.
Sunderland were pretty much the same.
There seems to be a bit of a malaise in Prem football at the moment, with many team's players not palying to their strengths.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:44 - Sep 18 with 1596 viewsSmellyplumz

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:42 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Well I have just watched the first half of the Spurs game and guess what they were pretty gash for them too.
Passes going astray, slow getting forward, passing back when forward passes were on etc.
There seems to be a bit of a malaise in Prem football at the moment, with many team's players not palying to their strengths.

Oh goodie that's OK then.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:48 - Sep 18 with 1581 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:42 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Give over...

If that Spurs performance today played against ours today, they'd be about 12-0 up by now.

They've created 20+ goalscoring chances (and have just taken the lead) against a Sunderland team far more organised than we've been this season.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:49 - Sep 18 with 1573 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:44 - Sep 18 by Smellyplumz

Oh goodie that's OK then.

No it is not OK then.
It is crap, but it just goes to show it is not just our team/manager/recruitment individually.
It is the whole lot, FG is playing players that should not be playing, like Sygi and Ki, the shape is wrong, the players are not playing at their best.
Some combinations of our players just do not work and yet FG can't seem to change it.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:24 - Sep 18 with 1471 viewsItchySphincter

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:00 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

The problem with our team is that we have absolutely no drive or quality in midfield.

Fer or Ki are Ok as the central figure when we are on top, but we have no midfielder driving the team on when we are under the cosh and no creative spark. Siggy is getting away with murder on here - today, he was utterly lazy - simple as that. And Cork, for all he is neat and tidy, doesn't provide either drive or real quality.

They are giving our back 4 no protection and no outlet so the ball keeps coming back. And they are not making any effort to link with Llorente. The problem we have, is that we are two signings short and it's difficult to see who we can use to replace what we have.

The one thing I would do Is bring Leon in. He is more prone to mistakes than he used to be, but he gives us some tempo at least. And drop Siggy - he shouldn't be above criticism - he's come back from the summer looking like a shadow of last season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 17:02]

Leon for Gylfi? Ridiculous.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:27 - Sep 18 with 1461 viewslondonlisa2001

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:24 - Sep 18 by ItchySphincter

Leon for Gylfi? Ridiculous.

Yes - it would be which is why I didn't say that.

I said I'd bring Leon in AND I'd drop Siggy - not one for the other !

I'd bring in Leon for Cork.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 18 with 1422 viewsOldjack

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:47 - Sep 18 by Griffting

Very difficult to defend the manager here. Boys looked lost for 80 minutes of that game. They're fullbacks were having a field day due to our shape, the amount of space that was being left infront of the defence was ridiculous and the ball in behind our defence was always on. In attack we offered very little, Llorente isolated again, gylfi - not sure what he was doing? Fer was lazy, cork was just losing the ball and the whole battle in midfield. The long ball was just not working, movement infront of the ball was shocking, build up was slow, players taking 2/3/4 touches on the ball. The times we managed to get them deep just to pass it to one of their players. They were just too slick for us, balls around the corner, one two passes, second balls, they were getting everything. Montero sub was reactionary to their goal, when it should have happened at half time. Borja came on 15/20 minutes too late - okay maybe delayed due to do fitness. We are in serious trouble if they aim to play like that for the rest of the season. Extremely frustrated and even more dissapointing.

Taylor now Ki throwing their toys out says he's losing the dressing room ,he hasn't a clue what is strongest lineup or formation is ,he has favorites who are not pulling there weight
I'm dreading the next few league games ,the futures looking very grim unless this gets sorted asap ,

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:48 - Sep 18 with 1369 viewsItchySphincter

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:27 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

Yes - it would be which is why I didn't say that.

I said I'd bring Leon in AND I'd drop Siggy - not one for the other !

I'd bring in Leon for Cork.

...and who would you bring in for Ki? Or do you have Ki blinkers on?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:50 - Sep 18 with 1366 viewsItchySphincter

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 18 by Oldjack

Taylor now Ki throwing their toys out says he's losing the dressing room ,he hasn't a clue what is strongest lineup or formation is ,he has favorites who are not pulling there weight
I'm dreading the next few league games ,the futures looking very grim unless this gets sorted asap ,

You're a big Ki fan aren't you Al?

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:50 - Sep 18 with 1363 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is bad enough for all Fans, but I feel for the ones who invested both time and money to travel to watch that.
Not a very good return on their investment.

It is starting to look like Monk all over again.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:53 - Sep 18 with 1353 viewsJackFish

I'm usually always quite positive about the Swans but that was a steaming pile of turd today. Can anyone tell me what formation we were supposed to be playing in the first half? Because I have no idea. Was Barrow a striker or a winger? Who, if anyone, was supposed to be playing on the left hand side of midfield? We look a very, very poor team and it's hard to see who we're going to beat playing like that. Third game in a row we've come away with a narrow defeat or a draw when they opposition should have been out of sight.
The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:57 - Sep 18 with 1331 viewsjackrabbit

The Offical Southampton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:50 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

It is bad enough for all Fans, but I feel for the ones who invested both time and money to travel to watch that.
Not a very good return on their investment.

It is starting to look like Monk all over again.

Just listening to them discussing Stoke's poor start to the season on Talkshite. "I think Stoke will pull out of it because there are Sunderland , Swansea, Hull and Burnley there. From what I've seen of Sunderland and Swansea they are truly a-w-ful - really bad."

Can't argue with a word of that. I've just returned from Southampton (I live in London) and that is the worst Swans team since we came up. No passing, no cohesion, no strike threat and worse of all for a Swans team - no ball retention. Nailed on for relegation I'm afraid. Southampton weren't great but they were infinitely more skilful than the Swans. Very depressing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024