Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£100 Half Season Tickets! 16:16 - Oct 21 with 55839 viewsAlwaysADale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-football

Another good step - about £10 a game!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2016 16:17]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:11 - Dec 17 with 3484 viewsaleanddale

£25 000 to the club and hopefully a few more on a matchday to enhance the experience and noise levels!

I appreciate some / most of the 250 are likely attendees anyway.

It did seem busier in the home stands v Scunny and Boxing Day should see a fair few sales if people have Christmas cash to spend.

Win today we could get between 3200 and 3400 home fans Boxing Day? That would be a fantastic start!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:30 - Dec 17 with 3449 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 12:11 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

£25 000 to the club and hopefully a few more on a matchday to enhance the experience and noise levels!

I appreciate some / most of the 250 are likely attendees anyway.

It did seem busier in the home stands v Scunny and Boxing Day should see a fair few sales if people have Christmas cash to spend.

Win today we could get between 3200 and 3400 home fans Boxing Day? That would be a fantastic start!

The boxing day fixture is the halfway point in our season, and whatever the result today it'll be the start of the 'business end' of what promises to be a campaign to remember

A win today would be brilliant but I'd take a draw and with 9 days between fixtures, the players should be well-rested and ready for the battles ahead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:28 - Dec 18 with 3248 viewsaleanddale

This £100 deal now for 11 home games looks better value with every passing week!!

Could be something special we are certainly in a terrific position.

Come on any last minute floaters - get your half season ticket and get down to Spotland!
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:25 - Dec 18 with 3132 viewsMoonyDale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 11:28 - Dec 18 by aleanddale

This £100 deal now for 11 home games looks better value with every passing week!!

Could be something special we are certainly in a terrific position.

Come on any last minute floaters - get your half season ticket and get down to Spotland!

I'm one of the non renewing season ticket holders, I planned to only attend a total of 6 games at home this season. So far I have only attended 1 game, this has been however due to unforseen illness.....I will be collecting my half season ticket on Boxing day but still may miss some games due to being a decrepit old git, hoping for a good game and 3 more points if all goes well.......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:39 - Dec 18 with 3111 viewsBass1

Going to get my half season ticket this week. The missus said "at a hundred quid why don't you get me one as well?" Unbelievable value, so two half season tickets it is then! The way we are playing at the moment it is a no brainier!

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:09 - Dec 18 with 3059 viewsfrequency

got mine last week,i usually miss a couple of tuesday games due to work,so not worth buying a season ticket,but at £100 i may only miss 1 game so its a bargain
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 15:09]

Hate city

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 15:31 - Dec 18 with 3023 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 14:25 - Dec 18 by MoonyDale

I'm one of the non renewing season ticket holders, I planned to only attend a total of 6 games at home this season. So far I have only attended 1 game, this has been however due to unforseen illness.....I will be collecting my half season ticket on Boxing day but still may miss some games due to being a decrepit old git, hoping for a good game and 3 more points if all goes well.......

Sorry to hear that MoonyD, hope you get chance to see as many Dale performances as possible in the new year

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 18:11 - Dec 21 with 2580 viewsleedsdale

Latest update from the club is that over 300 have been sold so far.

That's a fantastic effort - when it was launched I thought 200 would be a good a good achievement. Let's hope this gives the club some courage/confidence when pricing up next seasons tickets.
Login to get fewer ads

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:10 - Dec 21 with 2463 viewsSandyman

An extra £30K guaranteed in the coffers and probably more to come due to sales of refreshments, Golden Gamble, programmes , shop sales etc that inevitably follow on.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:30 - Dec 21 with 2426 viewsDalenet

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:10 - Dec 21 by Sandyman

An extra £30K guaranteed in the coffers and probably more to come due to sales of refreshments, Golden Gamble, programmes , shop sales etc that inevitably follow on.

No quite as the VAT man takes his 20%. But money upfront nonetheless

I wonder whether the club will be disappointed with just 300? If they wanted to test this to see whether doing the same as Hartlepool did for full season tickets could be cost justified I suspect it can't. But we can only hope that the 300 people that have bought these will think seriously about buying a full one next year.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:53 - Dec 21 with 2384 viewsisitme

I think there could possibly be more sold before the 30th. Some people may get money for Christmas and then buy one.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:05 - Dec 21 with 2345 viewsD_Alien

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 19:30 - Dec 21 by Dalenet

No quite as the VAT man takes his 20%. But money upfront nonetheless

I wonder whether the club will be disappointed with just 300? If they wanted to test this to see whether doing the same as Hartlepool did for full season tickets could be cost justified I suspect it can't. But we can only hope that the 300 people that have bought these will think seriously about buying a full one next year.

I think figures in the many hundreds or even 1000+ were unrealistic, and were bandied about by those feeling miffed about buying a full ST as a way of claiming anything less would be a failure.

Whatever the final figure is, it's a start, and as such is something that needs to be built on, not dismissed or seen in a negative light. Much will depend on how next season's full STs are marketed. I'd expect the club to reward those who bought full STs for this season and to provide unprecedented (at Dale) incentives for everyone else.

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:36 - Dec 21 with 2278 viewsBendy

The question is would a £200 season ticket be good?

It would for us fans of course but I would rather the club charged say £250 than £200 if it wasn't economically viable. If we sell say 1000 adult tickets how crucial is that £50k to the club. That's probably one player's wages lost.

The balance is finding the right amount of what us fans can afford and what the club needs without dipping too much into it's reserves to balance the budget.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:42 - Dec 21 with 2255 viewsnordenblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:36 - Dec 21 by Bendy

The question is would a £200 season ticket be good?

It would for us fans of course but I would rather the club charged say £250 than £200 if it wasn't economically viable. If we sell say 1000 adult tickets how crucial is that £50k to the club. That's probably one player's wages lost.

The balance is finding the right amount of what us fans can afford and what the club needs without dipping too much into it's reserves to balance the budget.

The time is now or never to try a substantial price reduction due to the current money within the club not to mention a possible Hogan windfall,and now we've got a decent man in to run the promotion it's a no brainer for me.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:46 - Dec 21 with 2238 viewsisitme

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:42 - Dec 21 by nordenblue

The time is now or never to try a substantial price reduction due to the current money within the club not to mention a possible Hogan windfall,and now we've got a decent man in to run the promotion it's a no brainer for me.

What price would be the maximum you would pay for a season ticket?It is an interesting balancing act between providing affordability and aiming to maximise income.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:54 - Dec 21 with 2216 viewsSwissdale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:42 - Dec 21 by nordenblue

As mentioned by Col in another thread, the potential sale of Hogan for £9m+ would mean we get a "free hit' next season with regards ticket prices.

TOTAL (home, league) gate receipts can total no more than, say, £1m. We will never know whether cost is a major barrier to Dale getting another 1,000 on the gate unless we throw caution to the wind and have say, £50 season tickets. If this still has no effect on our crowds, we know that money isn't the issue, but will have the hogan money to cover the losses for that season.

The worst thing we can do, is nothing.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:00 - Dec 21 with 2201 views49thseason

I worry that the club mainly operates in something of an echo chamber. The local press is now almost non-existent and matchday coverage on radio and highlights on TV do little to advance the club's PR efforts to stay-away fans or not-yet-fans.
There is a desperate need for an occasional printed newsletter or small magazine that could be dropped off around town, handed out by Gold Bond agents etc. The match programme is printed for every league and cup game, I am sure some of the expertise used to create it could be used to develop something that would actually get vital club messages to parts of the town that currently receive very little news about the club.

50,000 A5 booklets with 8 pages would cost less than £2k to originate and print.
Or put another way, less than 500 additional visitors per season paying an average of £15 each would pay for 150,000 newsletters. A few adverts or sponsors and the cost is negligible.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:06 - Dec 21 with 2187 viewsisitme

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:00 - Dec 21 by 49thseason

I worry that the club mainly operates in something of an echo chamber. The local press is now almost non-existent and matchday coverage on radio and highlights on TV do little to advance the club's PR efforts to stay-away fans or not-yet-fans.
There is a desperate need for an occasional printed newsletter or small magazine that could be dropped off around town, handed out by Gold Bond agents etc. The match programme is printed for every league and cup game, I am sure some of the expertise used to create it could be used to develop something that would actually get vital club messages to parts of the town that currently receive very little news about the club.

50,000 A5 booklets with 8 pages would cost less than £2k to originate and print.
Or put another way, less than 500 additional visitors per season paying an average of £15 each would pay for 150,000 newsletters. A few adverts or sponsors and the cost is negligible.

An interesting idea but getting an accurate database of email address would be more cost effective, although it misses a potential supporter who is not already engaged with the club. Using data can help to target promotional messages to specific sets of supporter. The weekly email sent out is a good idea, but as a season ticket holder I already know who when the next home game is.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:15 - Dec 21 with 2159 viewsnordenblue

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 20:46 - Dec 21 by isitme

What price would be the maximum you would pay for a season ticket?It is an interesting balancing act between providing affordability and aiming to maximise income.

It's a personal circumstance type of answer I suppose for everyone,for me personally I wouldn't spend anywhere near £200 as it's simply not worth it for the games I could/wanted to attend.

If the club was to price it at say between £100- £150 you'd get many more people investing and attending lots more games simply because they've got a season ticket, where as like myself they would give many of the games a miss if paying individually.

The Christmas games again I can attend both but i won't pay close to £40 so will perhaps attend one of them,if I'd previously bought a ST I'd be at both games without a doubt though.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:57 - Dec 21 with 2097 viewsKenBoon

Flyers and booklets would end up in the bin. Push the social media. Get advertising on the streets and for the love on heck, reply to unoriginal Rochdale AFC being shite jokes by pointing out (in a nice way) it's not the 80s anymore, we are actually quite ace and have been competitive for over 15 years now. Actually we're the best thing in the Town. Those jokes are way past it now. Michael MacIntyre has better material. F**k that Uhlsport "Dale 'til i die" home jersey had better material.

Quick mention for the staff in the office. I bought a Season ticket as a gift over the phone and they were great. Took less than 3 minutes to get everything done (register supporter, get over payment etc). Charging for a debit card transaction is still a c*nts trick though.
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:25 - Dec 21 with 2030 viewsdingdangblue

The best bits of publicity we could possibly get in the next month will be a 4th round tie ( IF we get past Barrow) against one of the biggies - and Hogan being sold for multi millions. No amount of printing leaflets or social media could beat that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:29 - Dec 21 with 2021 viewsonedalefan

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 21:06 - Dec 21 by isitme

An interesting idea but getting an accurate database of email address would be more cost effective, although it misses a potential supporter who is not already engaged with the club. Using data can help to target promotional messages to specific sets of supporter. The weekly email sent out is a good idea, but as a season ticket holder I already know who when the next home game is.

I have been a season ticket holder for a number of years and have never received an e-mail from the club despite them having my e-mail address.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 22:31]
£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:31 - Dec 21 with 2007 viewsTVOS1907

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 22:29 - Dec 21 by onedalefan

I have been a season ticket holder for a number of years and have never received an e-mail from the club despite them having my e-mail address.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 22:31]

I'm sure if you drop a line to Leighanne or Frances they will add you to their mailing list. There's usually two emails that go out on a Friday/Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 08:12 - Dec 22 with 1834 viewsrochedale

Eigital marketing is far more effective nowadays due to being able to target your marketing specifically to selected groups of people. Plus, the cost is a fraction of what you would pay for printing A5 booklets. I ran a campaign which reached 35000 specific people, it cost less than £200.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 10:21 - Dec 22 with 1748 viewsaleanddale

£100 Half Season Tickets! on 08:12 - Dec 22 by rochedale

Eigital marketing is far more effective nowadays due to being able to target your marketing specifically to selected groups of people. Plus, the cost is a fraction of what you would pay for printing A5 booklets. I ran a campaign which reached 35000 specific people, it cost less than £200.

If the club paid you £200 could you hit 35000 targeted people with next years full season ticket offer?

If you can you should contact the club ASAP!!

If next years offer for 23 games is £200 or less for 23 league games we should sell around 2200-2500.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024