Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunthorpe 15:16 - Dec 9 with 5409 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Exciting Game, Looking Forward to seeing our lot stand up to the challenge, Will they be too much for us or will The Curse of Manager of the Month Curse strike For Alexander ?

Hopefully Keano, Raff and Camps are back

Team I'd Go
Logan
Rafferty Keano Mcnulty Bunney
Lund Rathbone Camps
NML Davies Thompson

Lillis
Mcgahey
Allen
Morley
RNL
Hendo
Andrew

Can see us playing well but think they will be too much for us,
So thinking a 1-0 win for the Iron

Attendance will be 2758 with 422 From Scunthorpe
Scunthorpe on 15:36 - Dec 9 with 3978 viewsironbrunet

We've sold 540 and I'd anticipate a good couple of hundred paying on the day.
Been looking forward to this one for a while!!
Scunthorpe on 15:45 - Dec 9 with 3960 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Fair enough 3000+ crowd then.
Scunthorpe on 15:51 - Dec 9 with 3931 views1907

Not much I would change from the OP's team. Really hoping Henderson is benched for this one as we really don't play better football with him in the side at the minute.
Scunthorpe on 16:16 - Dec 9 with 3879 viewsShun

It'll be a good match and a great test for us. Our home form and their overall form means it should be two good teams coming up against each other. I'm looking forward to seeing Dawson again, one of my favourite midfielders we've ever had. I'd go with the same team as the OP too.
Scunthorpe on 16:26 - Dec 9 with 3849 viewsD_Dale

As for the ref (from Peterborough Telegraph report of last Sunday's match):

"It would of course be easy to chuck hapless referee Ben Toner under the bus to explain away this rather disappointing FA Cup result. But his obvious dithering incompetence wasn’t solely to blame as Posh threw away a two-goal lead against a completely out-of-form Notts County team at Meadow Lane. Indeed, for once, the biggest embarrassments in Nottingham weren’t on show in Hooters."
Scunthorpe on 18:02 - Dec 9 with 3697 viewsboromat

Really looking forward to this one also. I think it'll be high scoring one way or the other be very interesting to see how we approach the game.

Only change I'd make to the OP team would be Lillis in for Logan. Be nice to see Cannon on the bench as well if he's fit.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scunthorpe on 21:28 - Dec 9 with 3516 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Scunthorpe on 16:16 - Dec 9 by Shun

It'll be a good match and a great test for us. Our home form and their overall form means it should be two good teams coming up against each other. I'm looking forward to seeing Dawson again, one of my favourite midfielders we've ever had. I'd go with the same team as the OP too.

Sky say Dawson is injured and will not play........ for us lot,would Canavan be a useful asset against his old team?
Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Dec 9 with 3479 viewsleedsdale

Scunthorpe on 21:28 - Dec 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sky say Dawson is injured and will not play........ for us lot,would Canavan be a useful asset against his old team?

He is a liability at the minute and shouldn't be starting.
Login to get fewer ads

Scunthorpe on 22:03 - Dec 9 with 3456 viewsTVOS1907

Scunthorpe on 21:28 - Dec 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

No.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scunthorpe on 08:29 - Dec 10 with 3258 viewsaleanddale

Up early for match day!!

Up the Dale!!!!

KHBA
Scunthorpe on 09:19 - Dec 10 with 3210 viewsYadHoDale

Assuming everybody fit (bar Peter V):

Lillis/Logan (both excellent, spoilt for choice!)
Joe Raff, Harrison, Big Jim, Joe B
Lundy, Keano, Camps
NML, Rathbone, Joe T

Subs: Canavan, Allen, Hendo, Davies, RNL, Cannon, Logan/Lillis
Scunthorpe on 09:41 - Dec 10 with 3193 viewsfitzochris

Scunthorpe on 08:29 - Dec 10 by aleanddale

Up early for match day!!

Up the Dale!!!!

KHBA

It doesn't start till 3pm.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Scunthorpe on 09:55 - Dec 10 with 3163 viewsDaley_Lama

Top of the table Scunny?

Are they a Leicester type or a Man £ity type team this season?

Poll: DF in or out

Scunthorpe on 10:00 - Dec 10 with 3153 views442Dale

Scunthorpe on 09:55 - Dec 10 by Daley_Lama

Top of the table Scunny?

Are they a Leicester type or a Man £ity type team this season?

Their success is a good indication of the overall standard of the league; few teams really stand out.

For example, they've had a midfield of Dawson and Bishop, both of whom are competent at this level yet don't exactly spring to mind when you'd be thinking of building a title winning side. It's to Scunthorpe's credit they've done so well, any side who can stay reasonably consistent will go up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scunthorpe on 10:15 - Dec 10 with 3134 viewsDaley_Lama

Ta

GL to them then after today obviously.

Poll: DF in or out

Scunthorpe on 10:31 - Dec 10 with 3104 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Dec 9 by leedsdale

He is a liability at the minute and shouldn't be starting.

No, don't let him start,he would be off before HT.......but poss on bench for later.
Scunthorpe on 10:36 - Dec 10 with 3092 views442Dale

Scunthorpe on 10:31 - Dec 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

No, don't let him start,he would be off before HT.......but poss on bench for later.

If later is after 5pm, I agree.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scunthorpe on 11:01 - Dec 10 with 3051 viewsD_Dale

Scunthorpe on 16:16 - Dec 9 by Shun

Their away form is the same as Dale's home form - won 7, drawn 1, lost 2.

Scunny's good form goes back to March when Graham Alexander became manager. After a so-so record at Fleetwood, of 36 league and cup matches as Scunthorpe manager he's won 24, drawn 7 and lost 5.

In 6 league matches since losing 2-0 at Oldham on 18 October, Scunny have won 5 and drawn 1 (goals for 12, against 2).

A tough game today (to state the obvious) - but here's hoping Dale can do at least as well as the Biffos did.
Scunthorpe on 11:29 - Dec 10 with 2994 viewsdingdangblue

Scunthorpe on 10:00 - Dec 10 by 442Dale

Their success is a good indication of the overall standard of the league; few teams really stand out.

For example, they've had a midfield of Dawson and Bishop, both of whom are competent at this level yet don't exactly spring to mind when you'd be thinking of building a title winning side. It's to Scunthorpe's credit they've done so well, any side who can stay reasonably consistent will go up.

The totally unexpected goalscoring form of Josh Morris has been a major reason for their rise to the top this season also. Not sure how many games he's scored and they've won but it must be up in the 80% region. A player who had previously scored 11 league goals in 4 seasons has already 14 league goals in the opening 20 games. Crazy.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 11:34]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scunthorpe on 11:51 - Dec 10 with 2935 viewsTVOS1907

Scunthorpe on 10:31 - Dec 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

The only way you usually need to bring a defensive sub on, especially at home, is after an injury or a sending-off, so I'm not sure why else he might possibly be needed later in the game.

Scunthorpe on 11:51 - Dec 10 with 2934 viewsTVOS1907

Scunthorpe on 08:29 - Dec 10 by aleanddale

Up early for match day!!

Up the Dale!!!!

KHBA

Be sure to wrap up warm.

Scunthorpe on 12:04 - Dec 10 with 2903 viewsD_Alien

Scunthorpe on 11:01 - Dec 10 by D_Dale

Their away form is the same as Dale's home form - won 7, drawn 1, lost 2.

Scunny's good form goes back to March when Graham Alexander became manager. After a so-so record at Fleetwood, of 36 league and cup matches as Scunthorpe manager he's won 24, drawn 7 and lost 5.

In 6 league matches since losing 2-0 at Oldham on 18 October, Scunny have won 5 and drawn 1 (goals for 12, against 2).

A tough game today (to state the obvious) - but here's hoping Dale can do at least as well as the Biffos did.

It was around this time last year that we went to top of the league Walsall, who were going like a train, and thrashed them 0-3

I'm quietly optimistic about today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scunthorpe on 13:32 - Dec 10 with 2739 viewsCornish_Dale

Scunthorpe on 12:04 - Dec 10 by D_Alien

It was around this time last year that we went to top of the league Walsall, who were going like a train, and thrashed them 0-3

I'm quietly optimistic about today

Duane Holmes is a friend of mine and I've asked him to take it easy today. In all fairness it appears the Scunny players are looking forward to the challenge as well. Let's hope for a good game and of cause victory to the Dale!!
Scunthorpe on 13:46 - Dec 10 with 2709 viewsrochedale

Scunthorpe on 11:51 - Dec 10 by TVOS1907

The only way you usually need to bring a defensive sub on, especially at home, is after an injury or a sending-off, so I'm not sure why else he might possibly be needed later in the game.

Or if you're winning by a single goal and under pressure maybe?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 13:47]

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Scunthorpe on 13:55 - Dec 10 with 2685 viewsTVOS1907

Scunthorpe on 13:46 - Dec 10 by rochedale

Or if you're winning by a single goal and under pressure maybe?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 13:47]

Possibly. I'd take that today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024