Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly 11:02 - Apr 12 with 25123 viewspaulparker

Lots of threads the last few weeks about the best & worst players who played for us but who are the ones who were here a short while but you fondly recall

Andy Gray - when we signed him I thought it was the signing of the century after seeing him at palace a few years before , loved the brace against Man utd

Ossie Ardillies - couldn't believe we got him , just seeing him with his socks rolled down and in a QPR shirt was very surreal I know he contributed naff all but it was a very exiting time for a 15 year old lad to have him at the club

David Pizanti- for that goal

Mark stein - goal machine, does anyone recall the volley to west ham at home ?
oh and he had lovely thighs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:49 - Apr 13 with 2023 viewsTacticalR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:45 - Apr 13 by ElHoop

I think that someone mentioned Paul Wright already. He didn't last long but scored a few. In those days you didn't really retain a whole group of reserve strikers - maybe just one apart from the kids, so they tended to come and go or just move on if they came through the youth side and weren't good enough.

Anyone remember Paul McGee? Then there was Billy Hamilton - both of them strikers who played a few games and didn't do too badly without setting the world alight.

Two from Billy Hamilton:

Air hostess clique

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 17:06 - Apr 13 with 2006 viewsElHoop

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:49 - Apr 13 by TacticalR

Two from Billy Hamilton:

Thanks for that - Hamilton ended up not looking anything like that didn't he?

Good to see the old Channon windmill turning in defeat.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 19:29 - Apr 13 with 1947 viewsLongsufferingR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:58 - Apr 13 by simmo

Taiwo - was here for what? A few months? Still enough to get a top 3 moments out of him

3) Sunderland free kick - we lost, but that was the real quiz
2) Drowining Joey Barton in sports drink whilst laughing like a Bond villain
1) Tackling Danny Graham in the balls WITH HIS FACE

Wonderful.

Also surprised (in case I missed it) that nobody has mentioned Idiakez. I remember being gutted when he left.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 15:00]

also 4) the cross for Cisse to equalise against Liverpool in THAT match.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 21:11 - Apr 13 with 1906 viewsMrSheen

Tosic is playing for Besiktas in their Europa League QF/riot in Lyon tonight. Second man to play for QPR and Besiktas.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 22:24 - Apr 13 with 1871 viewsdistortR

someone mentioned Paul McGee - remember him scoring a brace against Ipswich, one of them running from the halfway line.

Re the op, love mark stein's goal against west ham, as much for Danny Maddix crunching through tackles as the wonderful finish.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 23:39]
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:57 - Apr 14 with 1820 viewsCiderwithRsie

Excellent thread this, I can't add any names to the ones already given, but I'm really pleased that some names I thought would have been forgotten are still fondly remembered.

In particular I was delighted when we sign ed Mark Stein and always thought he was ab it unlucky with his managers here. At the end that was Trevor Francis who, while pretty disastrous as a manager (though he did get us Reid and Wilkins) was also probably the player who had the most impact on me in the shortest time. he changed the way I watched football. Up to then I thought anyone over 25 was verging on a trip to the knacker's yard; seeing the way Francis used his skill and reading of the game to bring other players into the game was a revelation.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 08:10 - Apr 14 with 1816 viewsrichranger

Adam Bolder and Danny Cullip. Both bought John Gregory when we didn't have any money. Certainly not the most skillful of players, but added steel to the team and helped keep us out of League One, or whatever it was called at the time. Going down that year would have meant financial ruination, so I have a soft soft for them.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 08:17 - Apr 14 with 1816 viewsBluce_Ree

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:52 - Apr 13 by lave16

Tony Scully

and mr safron walden - Stuart Wardley

and Dominic Iorfa - 3 v united - I still have the match on VHS

Scully literally couldn't play.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:37 - Apr 14 with 1757 viewsisawqpratwcity

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:55 - Apr 12 by Nodge70

Long term listener, first time caller (in many a year)....hello everybody!

Kennedy was the obvious one who stuck out for me but also:-

Leighton James, little bit of glamour back in the side, not convinced we got the best of that swap though. Was a name, tore West Ham a new one in that 6-1 Cup replay game. Mum being Welsh also added a frisson signing Wales' best player at the time for the 9 year old me.

Dave Needham - some say he only signed for us because County wouldn't sell directly to Forest. Had we kept him we'd never have gone down imo.

Kevin McLeod - still better than Lee Cook! - pace, direct, knew where the goal was - should've persisted with him. Good lad too

Welcome, Nodge.

Favourite cheese?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 08:56 - Apr 16 with 1689 viewsraskolnikov

Massive Mauro
Was with us for a close season under Gerry Francis, who said he would have loved to have signed him but in those days Italian players cost a fortune
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 1646 viewsGroveR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 20:07 - Apr 12 by RangersDave

Ok,

Mine is Dominic Iorfa, seemed ok in the reserved, scored goals but lost his nerve seemingly when in the first team.

Easily the fastest player I've ever seen at Rangers. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, but seemed to think the corner flag was where the goal was.

DouDou was great, fast, low C.o.G. and scored the odd goal. Remember his debut at Northampton in the cup when we just turned up thinking we'd won already, but really remember Boxing Day one Christmas against, I think, Burnley, and they couldn't handle him, and decided to put him into row Z getting their version of Shittu sent off for it. Lol

I'm sure AKUTRS ran a spot the ball competition of Iorfa having a shot towards the Loft. The correct location was the back cover of someone else's copy of AKUTRS.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 20:59 - Apr 16 with 1562 viewshubble

This is a fantastic thread for bringing back memories and the very first player I thought of was Mark Kennedy - unsurprisingly much mentioned here - I loved his swagger and although my memory is hazy I'm sure he scored a worldy against someone, starting with a run just inside their half that drew the whole crowd to their feet... but it's also a frustrating thread because most of the players I can think of I wanted us to sign or at least feature more but never did - like Chevanton who looked sharp as a tack to me and old wobbly knees gave him about two 5 minute cameos and he never featured again which did my head in. I don't know if Routledge counts but I've seen several names here who played far more games for us than him, was gutted we didn't sign him up. Ray Jones of course for tragic reasons.

I liked Jimmy Smith who we had on loan from Chelsea for a season and Tommy Smith who played 50 games for us, which I guess is stretching it for this thread, but again still less than some others mentioned!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024