Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly 11:02 - Apr 12 with 23989 viewspaulparker

Lots of threads the last few weeks about the best & worst players who played for us but who are the ones who were here a short while but you fondly recall

Andy Gray - when we signed him I thought it was the signing of the century after seeing him at palace a few years before , loved the brace against Man utd

Ossie Ardillies - couldn't believe we got him , just seeing him with his socks rolled down and in a QPR shirt was very surreal I know he contributed naff all but it was a very exiting time for a 15 year old lad to have him at the club

David Pizanti- for that goal

Mark stein - goal machine, does anyone recall the volley to west ham at home ?
oh and he had lovely thighs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:37 - Apr 12 with 2165 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Kyle Walker. The quickest player I have seen at Loftus rd and I saw Wayne Fereday play!
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:38 - Apr 12 with 2165 viewstoboboly

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:09 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Ben Askar and Sampsa Timoska recently, rated both of them, probably wrong.

Really liked Sampsa Timoska. Shame he hardly ever got his knees cellotaped together to play.

Martin Cranie was a big fave too.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:41 - Apr 12 with 2160 viewspaulparker

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:38 - Apr 12 by toboboly

Really liked Sampsa Timoska. Shame he hardly ever got his knees cellotaped together to play.

Martin Cranie was a big fave too.

Great Shout on Cranie , he looked the business especially against Charlton away
then he got a bad injury and turned into the Michelin man

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:43 - Apr 12 with 2157 viewsR_from_afar

How did I forget Baidoo, Bailey and German? I thought they were all going to be key figures for us, but no....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:44 - Apr 12 with 2151 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:41 - Apr 12 by paulparker

Great Shout on Cranie , he looked the business especially against Charlton away
then he got a bad injury and turned into the Michelin man

Cranie's problem was booze and nightlife. Could have been a great player but wanted to just be a player instead. PLays fairly regularly for Huddersfield now so hasn't done too badly.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:48 - Apr 12 with 2139 viewstoboboly

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:44 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Cranie's problem was booze and nightlife. Could have been a great player but wanted to just be a player instead. PLays fairly regularly for Huddersfield now so hasn't done too badly.

I think his biggest problem was a broken leg...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:50 - Apr 12 with 2130 viewsflynnbo

Kurt Bakholt, our very own Dane.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:52 - Apr 12 with 2118 viewsBakes

Samba Diakite

As mad as a box of frogs but loveable at the same time

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Login to get fewer ads

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:55 - Apr 12 with 2104 viewsNodge70

Long term listener, first time caller (in many a year)....hello everybody!

Kennedy was the obvious one who stuck out for me but also:-

Leighton James, little bit of glamour back in the side, not convinced we got the best of that swap though. Was a name, tore West Ham a new one in that 6-1 Cup replay game. Mum being Welsh also added a frisson signing Wales' best player at the time for the 9 year old me.

Dave Needham - some say he only signed for us because County wouldn't sell directly to Forest. Had we kept him we'd never have gone down imo.

Kevin McLeod - still better than Lee Cook! - pace, direct, knew where the goal was - should've persisted with him. Good lad too
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:07 - Apr 12 with 2084 viewspaulparker

Kevin Brock was another I thought was a good little player , especially in the 87 tea when we had Fenwick as a sweeper

David Kerslake always impressed me when he played thought we got rid of him to soon especially when Glen Hoddle made him a better player at Swindon

Justin Channing could play left back and midfield never let us down and pooped up with the odd goal , he also looked like a Chippendale as well (one for the ladies )

Gavin McGuire harder than Chinese algebra

ian stewart - chunky little northern Irishman, scored a wonder goal at highbury , one of the first players I remember seeing live

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:21 - Apr 12 with 2062 viewsMrSheen

Poor old Pat Kanyuka. Looked fantastic, could hardly walk ten steps without breaking down.
Still not 30, he's played in Romania, Thailand, Myanmar, and Limerick!
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:23 - Apr 12 with 2055 viewsJamesB1979

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:52 - Apr 12 by Bakes

Samba Diakite

As mad as a box of frogs but loveable at the same time

I wish we'd just had him on loan and failed to sign him permanently. Would have got us all thinking "what if"...
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:23 - Apr 12 with 2055 viewsDannytheR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:12 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

Good thread Paul.

Yeah, Kennedy was good.

Foley, who we had on loan from Watford at a dire time, wasn't much cop, but got some important goals for us. Liked him.

Crouchie!

Crouchie, of course! Surprised no-one mentioned him before.

Because he left when we were in administration, I think part of me mentally has always assumed he's just on an extended loan elsewhere before coming home. Just for, you know, 16 years and counting...
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:44 - Apr 12 with 2012 viewskensalriser

Another vote for Stephen Kelly. Thought he looked a cut above at that level and was disappointed we didn't hang on to him for longer. Not doing so well now though (Rotherham).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:50 - Apr 12 with 1990 viewsJamesB1979

thought of someone else, jerome thomas.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:52 - Apr 12 with 1989 viewsrunningman75

Junior Agogo was optimistic for him and did fine with some other clubs .
Sammy Lee from the normal champions of England to QPR. Ran well for a chubby guy.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:54 - Apr 12 with 1983 viewskensalriser

He's fat, he's round, he bounces on the ground, Sammy Lee, Sammy Lee.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:58 - Apr 12 with 1975 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Razor Ruddock - the week before at Stoke we were soft.seven days later at Huddersfield, we looked 'kin ''ard!!

Leigh Griffiths - upon joining, he proudly announced he'd be playing in the Champions League in five years! I liked the cut of his gib, bit of a joker around the club...nothing on the pitch mind!

Mark Dennis - volatility personified, brilliance when calmed and focused.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:05 - Apr 12 with 1962 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:55 - Apr 12 by Nodge70

Long term listener, first time caller (in many a year)....hello everybody!

Kennedy was the obvious one who stuck out for me but also:-

Leighton James, little bit of glamour back in the side, not convinced we got the best of that swap though. Was a name, tore West Ham a new one in that 6-1 Cup replay game. Mum being Welsh also added a frisson signing Wales' best player at the time for the 9 year old me.

Dave Needham - some say he only signed for us because County wouldn't sell directly to Forest. Had we kept him we'd never have gone down imo.

Kevin McLeod - still better than Lee Cook! - pace, direct, knew where the goal was - should've persisted with him. Good lad too

I like Mcleod, but he was hardly short term was he? We had him on loan what, twice? Then signed him. and not in a billion years was he better than Cook! good player though.

Bare bones.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:14 - Apr 12 with 1937 viewsTacticalR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:20 - Apr 12 by hoopstilidie

Granero. Was amazed we got him and then it seemed only half of him turned up. If he'd settled he'd have been a fan favourite I don't doubt it.
Had a soft spot for Mauro Milanese too. No idea why.

Granero started off well when we played against Manchester City but came unstuck when we played against teams like West Ham (i.e. teams we needed to beat).

Air hostess clique

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:16 - Apr 12 with 1932 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:14 - Apr 12 by TacticalR

Granero started off well when we played against Manchester City but came unstuck when we played against teams like West Ham (i.e. teams we needed to beat).

To be fair, playing a midfield two of Granero and Faurlin against a Sam Allardyce central three of Diame, Nolan and Noble was lambs to the slaughter stuff. More meticulous preparation from Hughes there.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:23 - Apr 12 with 1910 viewsterryb

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:34 - Apr 12 by BucksRanger

Ryan Nelsen - what a stunning 6 months he had with us.

A great thread for having to use my memory!

However, nobody in my 50 years of watching had the impact that Ryan managed in his six months.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:24 - Apr 12 with 1910 viewsTacticalR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:16 - Apr 12 by Northernr

To be fair, playing a midfield two of Granero and Faurlin against a Sam Allardyce central three of Diame, Nolan and Noble was lambs to the slaughter stuff. More meticulous preparation from Hughes there.

Cruel and unusual punishment and a violation of human rights by Hughes.

Air hostess clique

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:31 - Apr 12 with 1901 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:23 - Apr 12 by terryb

A great thread for having to use my memory!

However, nobody in my 50 years of watching had the impact that Ryan managed in his six months.

Well he didn't have much impact, we were still sht, but he did basically play the Premier League by himself for 6 months.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:43 - Apr 12 with 1878 viewshoof_hearted

There was a kid from Arsenal had dreads and looked the part. Centre Half. Dominic Shimmin (thanks Google). And when I looked up to find his name on google I notice Frankie Simek. Went to Sheff Weds and played there for a long time I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024