Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly 11:02 - Apr 12 with 25124 viewspaulparker

Lots of threads the last few weeks about the best & worst players who played for us but who are the ones who were here a short while but you fondly recall

Andy Gray - when we signed him I thought it was the signing of the century after seeing him at palace a few years before , loved the brace against Man utd

Ossie Ardillies - couldn't believe we got him , just seeing him with his socks rolled down and in a QPR shirt was very surreal I know he contributed naff all but it was a very exiting time for a 15 year old lad to have him at the club

David Pizanti- for that goal

Mark stein - goal machine, does anyone recall the volley to west ham at home ?
oh and he had lovely thighs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 23:44 - Apr 12 with 2570 viewsaston_hoop

Jordi Lopez, 10 classy appearances in centre mid and one lovely goal. Went to Swanselona and did fck all there. Last seen by me turning out for Llagostera against Mallorca last season.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 00:01 - Apr 13 with 2547 viewsPunteR

Kyle Walker, Andros Townsend, and Ryan Nelson are great shouts.

Im sure Peter Odemwingie (in a dingi) was a QPR player very briefly ..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 00:22 - Apr 13 with 2521 viewsTacticalR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 21:05 - Apr 12 by Boston

Nobody else like Rachid Harkouk, then?

More of a Palace legend than a QPR legend, although as far as I can remember he did ok for us. One of his few QPR goals:

Air hostess clique

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 00:40 - Apr 13 with 2497 viewsSydneyRs

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:07 - Apr 12 by TacticalR

Just found this...Mark Kennedy had a hand in a couple of the goals when we beat Middlesbrough 5-0 in 1998.

Remember this very well. Didn't fancy it at all as we were going through a bad run, Boro were up the top of theleague and it was a school night. My brother talked me into going and I'm very glad he did!

I was also among the small crowd for those two fantastic Andy Gray goals v United.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 02:34 - Apr 13 with 2468 viewsBoston

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 00:22 - Apr 13 by TacticalR

More of a Palace legend than a QPR legend, although as far as I can remember he did ok for us. One of his few QPR goals:

Well it's if you remember them fondly. A right villain was Harkouk, finally got nailed for dodgy money, though I recall an incident where him and a mate had difficulty explaining away a shooter. Palace fans do have him on the legendary list. Don't know why he didn't stay with us longer?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:14 - Apr 13 with 2436 viewstraininvain

Ledesma. Still got the t shirt.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:45 - Apr 13 with 2418 viewsElHoop

I think that someone mentioned Paul Wright already. He didn't last long but scored a few. In those days you didn't really retain a whole group of reserve strikers - maybe just one apart from the kids, so they tended to come and go or just move on if they came through the youth side and weren't good enough.

Anyone remember Paul McGee? Then there was Billy Hamilton - both of them strikers who played a few games and didn't do too badly without setting the world alight.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:52 - Apr 13 with 2408 viewslave16

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:45 - Apr 13 by ElHoop

I think that someone mentioned Paul Wright already. He didn't last long but scored a few. In those days you didn't really retain a whole group of reserve strikers - maybe just one apart from the kids, so they tended to come and go or just move on if they came through the youth side and weren't good enough.

Anyone remember Paul McGee? Then there was Billy Hamilton - both of them strikers who played a few games and didn't do too badly without setting the world alight.

Tony Scully

and mr safron walden - Stuart Wardley

and Dominic Iorfa - 3 v united - I still have the match on VHS

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Login to get fewer ads

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 08:08 - Apr 13 with 2386 views1BobbyHazell

Jeremy Charles has always stayed with me. I seem to remember him scoring a goal or two against one of the top sides in the first season back up in the top flight, I want to say it was Liverpool but that's a bit of a guess. We used to get nearly 30,000 against the big boys in those days and I can remember being in a full to the brim loft singing 'Charlie, Charlie, Charlie'.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 08:47 - Apr 13 with 2366 viewsDWQPR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:52 - Apr 13 by lave16

Tony Scully

Don't forget Dennis Bailey also scored three against United!!!!!!!

And I think the winner of this thread as far as the QPR interweb community is concerned has to be

NIGEL SPACKMAN!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 09:34 - Apr 13 with 2334 viewsJamesB1979

Didn't wardley play nearly 100 games for us? Think he should be more in Forever Rs club (espeecially when compared to Ramage).
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 09:42 - Apr 13 with 2329 viewstoboboly

Dusco Tosic looked great for those few games then we suddenly couldn't afford him and he left for Turkey.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 09:55 - Apr 13 with 2318 viewspaulparker

Denis Oli was another who I thought was a good little player same as Richard Pacquette who was on a great scoring run in 2003 until he got injured ,

Mickel Beck I thought was a donkey every where else but when he came here I was pleasantly surprised and he chipped in with a few goals

how about Colin Clarke the big Irishman he had a great run for us , anyone there the night he chipped in a freekick against les sealy ?? or the glancing header against Villa

ben sahar just for that brace against Fulham in a pre season friendly

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 09:58 - Apr 13 with 2314 viewsDevonWhite

Stuart Wardley mk2, aka Jimmy Smith.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:47 - Apr 13 with 2254 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:52 - Apr 13 by lave16

Tony Scully

watched it lately?
Post of the Year.

that Boro game someone posted above. Think I was there. Ludicrous. the goalie in that was hilarious. Fantastic own goal too. And we were utterly shite at that point.

Bare bones.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:50 - Apr 13 with 2247 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 00:40 - Apr 13 by SydneyRs

Remember this very well. Didn't fancy it at all as we were going through a bad run, Boro were up the top of theleague and it was a school night. My brother talked me into going and I'm very glad he did!

I was also among the small crowd for those two fantastic Andy Gray goals v United.

Look at the teams for that night. how the hell did we win, let alone by 5? I was on the bench, which was nice. Came on in the 89th minute.
Steve freaking Bruce scored! And a truly tremendous forgotten own goal by Vickers.

L Harper (G) N/A
S Yates (D) N/A Yellow card
K Ready (D) N/A
D Bardsley (D) N/A
S Morrow (D) N/A
(7) M Perry (D) N/A
M Kennedy (M) N/A
G Kulcsar (M) N/A
(89) N Quashie (M) N/A
(83) K Gallen (F) N/A Yellow card
M Sheron (F) N/A

(89) A Heinola (D) N/A
(7) P Bruce (M) N/A
(83) S Slade (F) N/A

N/A (G) A Dibble
N/A (D) N Pearson (45)
N/A (D) C Fleming
N/A (D) S Vickers
N/A (D) G Festa
N/A (M) M Thomas (45)
Red and yellow cards N/A (M) A Townsend (s/o 64)
N/A (M) R Mustoe
N/A (M) P Merson
N/A (F) C Hignett (45)
N/A (F) M Branca

N/A (M) N Maddison (45)
N/A (F) A Armstrong (45)
N/A (F) M Beck (45)

Bare bones.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:11 - Apr 13 with 2228 viewsCamberleyR

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:50 - Apr 13 by Antti_Heinola

Look at the teams for that night. how the hell did we win, let alone by 5? I was on the bench, which was nice. Came on in the 89th minute.
Steve freaking Bruce scored! And a truly tremendous forgotten own goal by Vickers.

L Harper (G) N/A
S Yates (D) N/A Yellow card
K Ready (D) N/A
D Bardsley (D) N/A
S Morrow (D) N/A
(7) M Perry (D) N/A
M Kennedy (M) N/A
G Kulcsar (M) N/A
(89) N Quashie (M) N/A
(83) K Gallen (F) N/A Yellow card
M Sheron (F) N/A

(89) A Heinola (D) N/A
(7) P Bruce (M) N/A
(83) S Slade (F) N/A

N/A (G) A Dibble
N/A (D) N Pearson (45)
N/A (D) C Fleming
N/A (D) S Vickers
N/A (D) G Festa
N/A (M) M Thomas (45)
Red and yellow cards N/A (M) A Townsend (s/o 64)
N/A (M) R Mustoe
N/A (M) P Merson
N/A (F) C Hignett (45)
N/A (F) M Branca

N/A (M) N Maddison (45)
N/A (F) A Armstrong (45)
N/A (F) M Beck (45)

I was at that game that night (in plaster as it happens after a football injury) and watching that video the other day was the first time I'd seen the goals since. Dibble's performance looks well dodgy. Bruce's ((Paul not Steve!) shot looks saveable and what he was doing charging out of his area towards Gallen only he knows. A similar "performance" to Kevin Miller's in the 6-0.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:16 - Apr 13 with 2216 viewsRBlock

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 07:14 - Apr 13 by traininvain

Ledesma. Still got the t shirt.

Ye I was surprised nobody had bought him up already! He was class for a while. I have fond memories of Dani Parejo as well, but I'm not sure if that was blurred by how well he has gone on to do.

Taye Taiwo is a shoe in, I would have built a shrine for that man. Also I've never wanted anything more than I wanted Samba Diakite to blossom into the all action, leg chopping, bully of a midfielder he could have been. Alas, it just wasn't to be
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:25 - Apr 13 with 2207 viewsDaiHo0p

Richard Ord
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:30 - Apr 13 with 2197 viewskensalriser

That was a great goal by Gallen. Superb composure as he took several touches and guided it into the net with the defenders closing in. A lot of players would have messed that up.

Sheron's first was ridiculous though - defence stood off him like he had ebola!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:43 - Apr 13 with 2112 viewsPinnerPaul

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:34 - Apr 12 by BucksRanger

Ryan Nelsen - what a stunning 6 months he had with us.

Yep he gets my vote.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:46 - Apr 13 with 2108 viewsPinnerPaul

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 16:31 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Well he didn't have much impact, we were still sht, but he did basically play the Premier League by himself for 6 months.

and the only QPR player in living memory ever to feature on a "This is how to defend" piece on MOTD!
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:49 - Apr 13 with 2106 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:11 - Apr 13 by CamberleyR

I was at that game that night (in plaster as it happens after a football injury) and watching that video the other day was the first time I'd seen the goals since. Dibble's performance looks well dodgy. Bruce's ((Paul not Steve!) shot looks saveable and what he was doing charging out of his area towards Gallen only he knows. A similar "performance" to Kevin Miller's in the 6-0.

Never mind the goals the highlight of that match was Andy Townsend, who'd been getting it all night, finally snapped in the second half and got booked twice in a minute. Not for me Clive.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:58 - Apr 13 with 2099 viewssimmo

Taiwo - was here for what? A few months? Still enough to get a top 3 moments out of him

3) Sunderland free kick - we lost, but that was the real quiz
2) Drowining Joey Barton in sports drink whilst laughing like a Bond villain
1) Tackling Danny Graham in the balls WITH HIS FACE

Wonderful.

Also surprised (in case I missed it) that nobody has mentioned Idiakez. I remember being gutted when he left.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2017 15:00]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 15:20 - Apr 13 with 2070 viewskensalriser

Imagine trying that on Danny Graham now. You'd bounce off him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024