Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was embarrassing 17:01 - Aug 19 with 8751 viewsSandyDrum

No, I'm not overreacting.

Why the on earth is Keith Hill playing or right back at centre midfield and a centre half at right back?

Is he fecking surprised we concedes two goals in 4 minutes?

What an absolute joke that was, half the players looked like they couldn't be arsed.

Our defence is a shambles and we'll be lucky to finish above 20th.

Hopefully we can recruit an actual defence before deadline day and Hill absolutely bollocks the players because that was a joke.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

That was embarrassing on 17:12 - Aug 19 with 5267 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Was going to drive 280 or so miles each way from Suffolk to watch this. Glad I stayed in pub instead and saved about 100 quid. Raff is a fecking great right back so play him there ffs. On plus side Ipswich chesterfield mk tvvats treble for 50 quid landed

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

That was embarrassing on 17:20 - Aug 19 with 5199 viewsJames1980

Was it a better performance than the last outing to Shrewsbury?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

That was embarrassing on 17:21 - Aug 19 with 5186 viewsAtThePeake

Let's not forget we went 6/7 games at the start of last season without putting in a good performance and without getting a win.

We need to improve quickly and defensively we leave a lot to be desired at the moment, but there's no way this will last all season - we're only three league games in.

Tangled up in blue.

That was embarrassing on 17:59 - Aug 19 with 4982 views49thseason

"Let's not forget we went 6/7 games at the start of last season without putting in a good performance and without getting a win."

Two wrongs don't make a right.
We need a commanding defender to replace McNulty or Canavan. McNulty is an experienced pro who should be holding the defence together, he doesn't, Canavan is raw and inexperienced and prone to make mistakes (as is McGahey but to a lesser extent) Canavan needs more games but without a mentor, he is always going to be a weak link.None of this is a new problem but it is now 12 months older and there is no sign it is improving, Canavan probably needs a full season on loan in L2, McNulty needs to be on the bench. I can't believe KH doesn't recognise this and I expect a loan signing at the earliest opportunity.
That was embarrassing on 18:07 - Aug 19 with 4926 viewsTVOS1907

That was embarrassing on 17:20 - Aug 19 by James1980

Was it a better performance than the last outing to Shrewsbury?

Were you at that one?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

That was embarrassing on 18:16 - Aug 19 with 4888 viewsrichfoad32

That was embarrassing on 17:59 - Aug 19 by 49thseason

"Let's not forget we went 6/7 games at the start of last season without putting in a good performance and without getting a win."

We need a commanding defender to replace McNulty or Canavan. McNulty is an experienced pro who should be holding the defence together, he doesn't, Canavan is raw and inexperienced and prone to make mistakes (as is McGahey but to a lesser extent) Canavan needs more games but without a mentor, he is always going to be a weak link.None of this is a new problem but it is now 12 months older and there is no sign it is improving, Canavan probably needs a full season on loan in L2, McNulty needs to be on the bench. I can't believe KH doesn't recognise this and I expect a loan signing at the earliest opportunity.

Canavan has made over 175 league appearances, not sure how that makes him 'raw and inexperienced'?
That was embarrassing on 18:22 - Aug 19 with 4847 viewsAtThePeake

That was embarrassing on 17:59 - Aug 19 by 49thseason

I'm not saying it does, I'm just pointing out that it's a slight overreaction to say 'we'd be lucky to finish above 20th' after 3 games given we started the last season very poorly and ended up with another top half finish.

Tangled up in blue.

That was embarrassing on 18:40 - Aug 19 with 4722 viewsdingdangblue

That was embarrassing on 18:22 - Aug 19 by AtThePeake

I'm not saying it does, I'm just pointing out that it's a slight overreaction to say 'we'd be lucky to finish above 20th' after 3 games given we started the last season very poorly and ended up with another top half finish.

In EVERY full season in charge of Dale Hill has NEVER finished outside the top 10 never mind the top half. He will get it sorted. Keane has to return whatever has gone on behind the scenes .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

That was embarrassing on 18:48 - Aug 19 with 4685 viewsJames1980

That was embarrassing on 18:07 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Were you at that one?

I wasn't but understand it was not a particularly inspiring performance

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

That was embarrassing on 19:38 - Aug 19 with 4474 viewsDaley_Lama

That was embarrassing on 18:48 - Aug 19 by James1980

It took 45 minutes for Hilly to put out our best defence.

Unfortunately, this was at the expense of defensive midfield, Jamie Allen left to hold the fort.

The winner came after Jim had done well to clear' only for his clearance to be totally uncontested in midfield and the ball coming back in spades.

We could have conceded 7 or 8 today, most of them in the first half.

If anybody thought Browne was bad v Scunthorpe, Ntlhe was far worse over 45 minutes today. I don't care if he got forward a couple of times, everything else was aweful.

I've feared that recruitment this summer has failed to address the known issues we saw throughout last season. To date that is playing out on the pitch.

Early days of course, things can and will get better i hope.

Poll: DF in or out

That was embarrassing on 20:29 - Aug 19 with 4296 viewsdingdangblue

That was embarrassing on 19:38 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

Unfortunately, this was at the expense of defensive midfield, Jamie Allen left to hold the fort.

The winner came after Jim had done well to clear' only for his clearance to be totally uncontested in midfield and the ball coming back in spades.

If anybody thought Browne was bad v Scunthorpe, Ntlhe was far worse over 45 minutes today. I don't care if he got forward a couple of times, everything else was aweful.

I've feared that recruitment this summer has failed to address the known issues we saw throughout last season. To date that is playing out on the pitch.

I imagine we won't see much of Nthle now Bunney is back! In his post match interview Hill said Brown was ill and was due to play - which I find astonishing after last Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

That was embarrassing on 21:27 - Aug 19 with 4150 viewsShun

That was embarrassing on 19:38 - Aug 19 by Daley_Lama

Nthle has had one bad 45 minutes in 4 games. Brown has had 3 poor games. Nthle has his faults but he's more than adequate cover at this level.
That was embarrassing on 21:33 - Aug 19 with 4119 views442Dale

That was embarrassing on 21:27 - Aug 19 by Shun

Nthle has had one bad 45 minutes in 4 games. Brown has had 3 poor games. Nthle has his faults but he's more than adequate cover at this level.

He's adequate temporary cover. Not at all sure why we gave him a two year deal when six months until January would have made sense; if he progressed, we extend it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That was embarrassing on 21:40 - Aug 19 with 4087 viewsDaley_Lama

That was embarrassing on 21:27 - Aug 19 by Shun

I don't disagree totally (others thought he was dodgy v Mansfield, i wasn't there), but i maintain that his 45 today was worse than Browne's performance v Scunny.

Only time will tell whether he is more than adequate cover at this level. He wasn't even close today.

Edit: He wasn't alone in having a bad day at the office either, Magahey was getting roasted at RB too.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 21:43]

Poll: DF in or out

That was embarrassing on 22:40 - Aug 19 with 3929 viewsTVOS1907

That was embarrassing on 18:48 - Aug 19 by James1980

Understand from whom?

That was embarrassing on 22:57 - Aug 19 with 3887 viewspnc4eva1

That was embarrassing on 22:40 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Understand from whom?

I was at both. Today was far better but wasn't helped by a woeful referee who both sets of fans booed

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

That was embarrassing on 22:59 - Aug 19 with 3876 views442Dale

That was embarrassing on 22:57 - Aug 19 by pnc4eva1

I was at both. Today was far better but wasn't helped by a woeful referee who both sets of fans booed

What big decisions did he get wrong though? The odd dubious call, but that'll always happen - eg. No foul given for a challenge on Davies before Henderson ended up giving a free kick at our end.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That was embarrassing on 23:29 - Aug 19 with 3772 viewsShun

That was embarrassing on 22:40 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Understand from whom?

I was thinking that it was quite convenient that only yesterday I posted in the Shrewsbury preview thread how poor our performance had been there last season.
That was embarrassing on 23:34 - Aug 19 with 3754 viewsBlueMessiah

The decision to give Jim the 2 year contract extension becomes more baffling by the game. Granted he wasnt the only one to have a shocker today but he and Hendo are the only ones to have played every minute so far this season.

I get the impression, maybe wrongly, that our defence is being manipulated by the game to accommodate him.

Poll: Do I Know You?

That was embarrassing on 23:44 - Aug 19 with 3727 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That was embarrassing on 21:33 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

He's adequate temporary cover. Not at all sure why we gave him a two year deal when six months until January would have made sense; if he progressed, we extend it.

Agree, think we have been done on this one......make him earn his contract,don't hand it to him...it's not our style.
That was embarrassing on 00:01 - Aug 20 with 3675 viewsTVOS1907

That was embarrassing on 22:57 - Aug 19 by pnc4eva1

The referee didn't influence our first half defending.

That was embarrassing on 00:27 - Aug 20 with 3620 viewsrochdaleriddler

That was embarrassing on 17:21 - Aug 19 by AtThePeake

Let's not forget we went 6/7 games at the start of last season without putting in a good performance and without getting a win.

We need to improve quickly and defensively we leave a lot to be desired at the moment, but there's no way this will last all season - we're only three league games in.

Let's not forget we go to Spain every year and start shit, does no one on the board question this

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

That was embarrassing on 03:20 - Aug 20 with 3527 viewsTalkingSutty

That was embarrassing on 00:27 - Aug 20 by rochdaleriddler

Let's not forget we go to Spain every year and start shit, does no one on the board question this

Good point, regarding the manager does anybody question anything at all?.There seems to be a actual fear of the guy around the Club from what i can glean,rightly or wrongly.Is he such a control freak that he can't be questioned regarding team selection/ formation and in particulary player absence and injury? That must be a myth at this level of football ( the fear factor)surely, even Fergie wasn't thst bad.

Obviously he might not like being probed on these matters but its part and parcel of being a manager and why they are well rewarded even at league one standard. Meanwhile the fans are left to speculate and probably bark up the wrong tree on a multitude of things, but is it any wonder when they are treated like imposters. First question post match yesterday should be why are you playing our 2 best defenders in each others position and the thinking behind it.Dereliction of duty by any reporter if that question isn't top of the pile.

Players just disappearing for weeks/ months on end with no explanation is obviously going to attract the fans attention, it would at any cub, are we not worthy of an explanation? Maybe i'm doing Hill a diservice and he isn't the person being portrayed, maybe he's never asked the questions in the first place for whatever reason.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 7:46]
That was embarrassing on 03:49 - Aug 20 with 3507 viewsBazzanne

Having just watched the YouTube version of Hill's after match interview I am wondering if we watched the same game. I agree with his assessment of the defense but to suggest our forwards had a lot of opportunities I can't agree with.
That was embarrassing on 08:41 - Aug 20 with 3254 viewsfitzochris

That was embarrassing on 21:33 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

Apparently he could have gone elsewhere, so it seems going all-in with a two-year deal was the only way we could get him. Doesn't make it right, of course.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024