Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Small Talk Thread. 20:50 - Jan 27 with 11433 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To take our minds off.

Anyone going anywhere nice this year?
The Small Talk Thread. on 03:12 - Jan 30 with 1952 viewswestberksr

Couple of days at cheltenham festival in March
Might do a week in Ibiza start of May for a small soul/house thingy
Laguna Beach near LA for a friend's 75th in May
Ibiza for a week in July
Rotterdam for North Sea Jazz in July
Croatia for a dance festival in August

Pushing the boat out a bit more as it's my 50th this year
The Small Talk Thread. on 03:23 - Jan 30 with 1948 viewsNorthernr

Australia. Next week. For the rest of the month. With Hull FC. Just can't stand it any more. Get your Wolves, Bolton and Sheff Utd coverage somewhere else.
The Small Talk Thread. on 03:47 - Jan 30 with 1944 viewsColombiR

The Small Talk Thread. on 14:38 - Jan 29 by robith

Last year I had to go to 11 weddings in 5 different countries, so quite looking forward to going on holidays I've chosen this year.

Plan for a greek island villa for some chill out with a pool and some Mythos. Any recs welcome as there's bloody millions of islands - group of 6.

Wife and I want to head to Puglia in Italy. Food is meant to be sick. Bit tricky though as she's almost a decade's service at her council so she has quite a lot more holiday than me.

Going first two days of Cheltenham. On yer boy ya.

Around June this year I'll get a bag and a half as a finders fee for recommending someone we've hired (they're still on notice at the old place). So going to use that to finally go on our honeymoon to Colombia, just the 3 and a half years after getting married

Give us a shout if you want any Colombia tips.
Managed to persuade a colleague to take his honeymoon here; he went over Christmas and absolutely loved it. So I should be able to pass on some honeymoon specific pointers as well as the usual gems that spoil us here.
The Small Talk Thread. on 07:58 - Jan 30 with 1910 viewsTonto

Just got back from a week in Selva/ Sella Ronda. OMG it’s stunning there. Dumped it with snow the day we arrrived then 6 days of sun. Best ski kilo day ever!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

The Small Talk Thread. on 08:42 - Jan 30 with 1894 viewsBlackCrowe

The Small Talk Thread. on 03:12 - Jan 30 by westberksr

Couple of days at cheltenham festival in March
Might do a week in Ibiza start of May for a small soul/house thingy
Laguna Beach near LA for a friend's 75th in May
Ibiza for a week in July
Rotterdam for North Sea Jazz in July
Croatia for a dance festival in August

Pushing the boat out a bit more as it's my 50th this year

Loved Laguna Beach. Eat at Nick's.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The Small Talk Thread. on 08:45 - Jan 30 with 1893 viewsBlackCrowe

The Small Talk Thread. on 22:59 - Jan 29 by sevenhoop

Went to Rio and Buzios (amongst others, including Buenos Aires when I took in River Plate v Boca) in November. Rio comes in as one of the great cities in the world. Simply incredible, and beautiful.

Buzios really laid back place to chill.

You’ll love both.

River Plate v Bocas...jesus, not for the faint hearted. Have heard it makes Millwall W.Ham at the Den seem like a Cotwolds tearoom.

The Small Talk Thread. on 09:24 - Jan 30 with 1864 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Small Talk Thread. on 03:23 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Australia. Next week. For the rest of the month. With Hull FC. Just can't stand it any more. Get your Wolves, Bolton and Sheff Utd coverage somewhere else.

Looks like we're working our way through all the die hards now. Have a great time Clive. It's very nice there! Thanks again for all your efforts.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Small Talk Thread. on 09:34 - Jan 30 with 1853 viewssevenhoop

The Small Talk Thread. on 08:45 - Jan 30 by BlackCrowe

River Plate v Bocas...jesus, not for the faint hearted. Have heard it makes Millwall W.Ham at the Den seem like a Cotwolds tearoom.

there were no away fans allowed. Still had to go through 3 or 4 checkpoints before even getting to the stadium, riot police everywhere. I have never ever witnessed a sporting atmosphere like it. I'd say that 98% of fans had home shirts on and probably 85-90% of fans sang, and all the time. incredible experience. I'm told the game at Boca is even more atmospheric!
Login to get fewer ads

The Small Talk Thread. on 09:39 - Jan 30 with 1848 viewsBlackCrowe

The Small Talk Thread. on 09:34 - Jan 30 by sevenhoop

there were no away fans allowed. Still had to go through 3 or 4 checkpoints before even getting to the stadium, riot police everywhere. I have never ever witnessed a sporting atmosphere like it. I'd say that 98% of fans had home shirts on and probably 85-90% of fans sang, and all the time. incredible experience. I'm told the game at Boca is even more atmospheric!

I went to Boca staduim for World cup qualifier Arg v Colombia a few years ago with a couple Arg work colleagues. When the teams came out the whole stadium (except 5 thousand Colombia supporters) stood up starting chanting a song to deafening levels. I asked for a translations and it was words to the effect of 'stand up, stand up. stand up if you hate the fckng English'. I decided against sitting down.

The Small Talk Thread. on 09:57 - Jan 30 with 1828 viewsMick_S

The Small Talk Thread. on 10:13 - Jan 28 by loftboy

Cheers, was surprised when my mate mentioned it to me as I wouldn’t have given it a second thought, but apparently it’s a hidden gem and a lot cheaper than Dublin, we got a good quality hotel and flights from Heathrow for £330, really looking forward to it now.

Try and save a half/day to drive the north coastal route - stunning, almost traffic free and just see what takes your fancy. The Bushmills Inn is fantastic, as is the distillery tour. Don't bother with The Dark Hedges unless a road with trees does it for you.

Great place.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Small Talk Thread. on 11:00 - Jan 30 with 1794 viewslondonscottish

The Small Talk Thread. on 14:38 - Jan 29 by robith

Last year I had to go to 11 weddings in 5 different countries, so quite looking forward to going on holidays I've chosen this year.

Plan for a greek island villa for some chill out with a pool and some Mythos. Any recs welcome as there's bloody millions of islands - group of 6.

Wife and I want to head to Puglia in Italy. Food is meant to be sick. Bit tricky though as she's almost a decade's service at her council so she has quite a lot more holiday than me.

Going first two days of Cheltenham. On yer boy ya.

Around June this year I'll get a bag and a half as a finders fee for recommending someone we've hired (they're still on notice at the old place). So going to use that to finally go on our honeymoon to Colombia, just the 3 and a half years after getting married

Pretty good list there.

Family holiday this year is Puglia. Never been there before, looking forward to it.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Small Talk Thread. on 11:35 - Jan 30 with 1772 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hanoi next month, Bangkok month after.
Followed by Blighty around Easter, with a little sidebar in France.

Then there will likely be several flights for work around Myanmar, and Mrs PH and I will take a couple of long weekenders in-country as well.

Aside of two further returns to Blighty later in the year (which are more about seeing Ma PH), I am hoping to convince or be convinced to finally do some trekking in Nepal. Which we won't get organised and end up on a beach in Thailand somewhere or a Nepalite, Borneo which is actually quite pleasurable to be fair.

And with it, another year with over 25 flights in it, and the total pain in the butt that is airport formalities.

Safe travels to all Rfosi near and far.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Small Talk Thread. on 11:55 - Jan 30 with 1747 viewsMrSheen

The Small Talk Thread. on 11:00 - Jan 30 by londonscottish

Pretty good list there.

Family holiday this year is Puglia. Never been there before, looking forward to it.

Tell everyone you're a close friend of Lecce legends Danny Dichio and Gigi De Canio, and you'll never have to buy a drink.
The Small Talk Thread. on 11:58 - Jan 30 with 1740 viewsFDC

The Small Talk Thread. on 09:39 - Jan 29 by Mick_S

Irrelevant, I know, but Crete is the best place in the world in my house.

That's good to know, anywhere in particular I should be checking out?
The Small Talk Thread. on 12:00 - Jan 30 with 1740 viewsHarbour

Currently on holiday in Gran Canaria weather in the 80s up to today when we come home and it’s raining here!
The Small Talk Thread. on 12:13 - Jan 30 with 1728 viewsMick_S

The Small Talk Thread. on 11:58 - Jan 30 by FDC

That's good to know, anywhere in particular I should be checking out?

The reason we love it so much is that my dad was Greek Cypriot and had no problem with the language - my parents made so many lifelong friends there after our first visit and returned two or three times a year for over thirty years - so for us it was a hospitality thing. We were always around Agios Nikolaos (Hotel Mirabello) - Elounda is also worth a shout - northeast Crete.

The Small Talk Thread. on 14:27 - Jan 30 with 1638 viewspaulparker

April - Dublin to see the in laws

June - 2 days in Gdansk and then off in a bus to the Belguim game in Kaliningrad, for the World cup, took the plunge and thought sod it, besides ive never been chased by semi naked men with bum bags around a forest so that's a new one to chalk off

September - looking to do a 2 week Greek island hol for Me & Mrs P don't know where yet

December - trying to talk Mrs P into cape Verde for xmas

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Small Talk Thread. on 14:33 - Jan 30 with 1630 viewsloftboy

The Small Talk Thread. on 09:57 - Jan 30 by Mick_S

Try and save a half/day to drive the north coastal route - stunning, almost traffic free and just see what takes your fancy. The Bushmills Inn is fantastic, as is the distillery tour. Don't bother with The Dark Hedges unless a road with trees does it for you.

Great place.

Ive just voted that down by mistake, thanks for the tips

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Small Talk Thread. on 14:41 - Jan 30 with 1616 viewsMick_S

The Small Talk Thread. on 21:14 - Jan 30 with 1549 viewshantssi

Off to Pila skiing in the Aosta valley next week, fancy Dubrovnik in the summer with the wife.
Lake District in June on a lads walking/drinking holiday in June, Keswick is a great place for a good selection of boozers doing good food and booze!
France in October golfing.
The Small Talk Thread. on 21:35 - Jan 30 with 1536 viewsdistortR

Ok, can you bastards end this now.

I'm skint, stuck here for the forseeable paying for kids at uni (No student loans in the IOM, but hey! no vat on 'kin luxury jets either), and this is even more depressing then the bristol city game.
The Small Talk Thread. on 21:39 - Jan 30 with 1532 viewshantssi

We’re actually going to visit our daughter who’s out there training to be a ski instructor!
Hopefully get free lessons!
The Small Talk Thread. on 22:18 - Jan 30 with 1509 viewsBoston

The Small Talk Thread. on 03:47 - Jan 30 by ColombiR

Give us a shout if you want any Colombia tips.
Managed to persuade a colleague to take his honeymoon here; he went over Christmas and absolutely loved it. So I should be able to pass on some honeymoon specific pointers as well as the usual gems that spoil us here.

Sounds great, now would you mind putting this very well wrapped parcel in your suitcase as a favour for a friend, there's a luv?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Small Talk Thread. on 23:01 - Jan 30 with 1482 viewsHantsR

The Small Talk Thread. on 21:35 - Jan 30 by distortR

Ok, can you bastards end this now.

I'm skint, stuck here for the forseeable paying for kids at uni (No student loans in the IOM, but hey! no vat on 'kin luxury jets either), and this is even more depressing then the bristol city game.

Go and see Karl - great place, lovely people and not too costly!
The Small Talk Thread. on 23:03 - Jan 30 with 1477 viewsdistortR

The Small Talk Thread. on 23:01 - Jan 30 by HantsR

Go and see Karl - great place, lovely people and not too costly!

if I get anywhere this year, Karl's it is!

Unless he has a say in the matter...............
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024