Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactically clueless 21:20 - Apr 7 with 10451 viewsmylot50years

IH has a problem no big target man to hit up front, so plan B put a kid who has played a couple of games up front on his own to solve the issue complete madness, it's ok though IH says he made a mistake so we just move on, seemingly with no thought of the damage these type of unexplainable decisions he dreams up can have on our upcoming youngsters. Just another example of the damage this self-righteous idiot will do to QPR if left in charge any longer than May.
Tactically clueless on 08:23 - Apr 9 with 2486 viewsTheChef

OP yet another one of the 'I only post when I've got something to moan about' brigade.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Tactically clueless on 10:45 - Apr 9 with 2404 viewsQPR_John

Tactically clueless on 08:23 - Apr 9 by TheChef

OP yet another one of the 'I only post when I've got something to moan about' brigade.

Here we go again post something critical of Holloway after a win/draw and the response is "you just hate Holloway", post something critical of Holloway after a defeat and the response is "you only post when the team lose". Bottom line is that its best not to criticise Holloway on this board
Tactically clueless on 11:05 - Apr 9 with 2390 viewsbosh67

I think where Ollie has difficulties beyond the fact that a number of players were either out ill or playing with the effects of illness on Saturday is that he simply has to stick to a formation and plan for altering that if needed given issues like illness and injuries.

4-4-2 or 4-3-3 appear to suit us. Forget the inverted winger nonsense and play players wide on the foot they can cross with without having to cut inside. The one area Ollie does have is winger blindness.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tactically clueless on 11:17 - Apr 9 with 2375 viewsLythamR

Tactically clueless on 11:05 - Apr 9 by bosh67

I think where Ollie has difficulties beyond the fact that a number of players were either out ill or playing with the effects of illness on Saturday is that he simply has to stick to a formation and plan for altering that if needed given issues like illness and injuries.

4-4-2 or 4-3-3 appear to suit us. Forget the inverted winger nonsense and play players wide on the foot they can cross with without having to cut inside. The one area Ollie does have is winger blindness.

With no out and out striker being played for whatever reason then its the ideal time to play with the inverted wingers, especially with Eze who has the ability to pass or lay off a correctly weighted ball

I agree that inverted wingers is not the best option when you have Smith playing up front.

Freeman and Loungo have been good in recent games and manning has done well returning to the site so i can understand Holloway loading up on midfielders especially away from home. it didnt work primarily because a number of players performed so poorly, specifically Loungo Freeman and Manning

Perhaps there was some general sickness in the camp, certainly something was wrong because a performance on par with the Reading one would likely have seen us win or draw the game
Tactically clueless on 11:25 - Apr 9 with 2371 viewsBostonR

It's the inconsistency that is so frustrating.

Zero points against Reading and Hull and then really credible performances vs Villa and Fulham. I am not (and never was) in the IH fan club, so it's no surprise that some fans are still asking questions regarding his suitability to continue in his role.

I get the bit that he has met his remit and kept us up (humble pie being taken) but overall the level of football and entertainment generally served up has been woeful this season. I see no reason why it will be any different with him at the helm, which is why I have not renewed my ST.

The club is moving in the right direction in so many other ways, but not on the pitch in my opinion.
Tactically clueless on 11:29 - Apr 9 with 2364 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tactically clueless on 08:23 - Apr 9 by TheChef

Go outside and play, dear. The grown-ups are talking.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tactically clueless on 11:29 - Apr 9 with 2363 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tactically clueless on 10:45 - Apr 9 by QPR_John

Here we go again post something critical of Holloway after a win/draw and the response is "you just hate Holloway", post something critical of Holloway after a defeat and the response is "you only post when the team lose". Bottom line is that its best not to criticise Holloway on this board

Lots of people on here share your opinion. Nobody's pulled a gun yet, John.

I don't see any persecution on here, to be honest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tactically clueless on 11:34 - Apr 9 with 2348 viewsEsox_Lucius

Perhaps Sylla just needs a run in the side with service that brings out the best in him. BOS one side, Smyth the other and Eze behind him?

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Tactically clueless on 12:09 - Apr 9 with 2310 viewsridethewave

Tactically clueless on 22:54 - Apr 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok fair point. Give a lad a chance in the lone striker position. I’m up for that.

Bear in mind though that you have been pretty critical of Holloway recently, are you going to give him a bit of a break while he finds out more about what this side can do? I think we can all play our part here.

Even if you don’t like him, which is your right, games like these can also help whoever your preferred alternative is one day.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 23:53]

I don't even think Eze should be a lone striker, I see him as more a number 10, but then it's very early days for him at this stage!

Where I've ben critical of Holloway is his poor team selection and tinkering, which at times have really cost us. However at this point now we're safe, I would be glad to see him give the kids a good go, if he can't experiment a bit now then when can he?

And I never said I don't like Holloway. I have doubts that he is the man to ultimately lead us forward but given the constraints he's under think he's done a good job this season.
Tactically clueless on 12:10 - Apr 9 with 2305 viewsLythamR

Tactically clueless on 11:34 - Apr 9 by Esox_Lucius

Perhaps Sylla just needs a run in the side with service that brings out the best in him. BOS one side, Smyth the other and Eze behind him?

I wouldnt mind giving that a try but then again i wouldnt be getting slaughtered for being tombola man if it didnt win
Tactically clueless on 12:24 - Apr 9 with 2276 viewsdaveB

Tactically clueless on 11:05 - Apr 9 by bosh67

Thats a big problem though, we don't have a left winger so to play with a back 4 you either move Freeman to the left or play Pawel on the left, neither are ideal.
Tactically clueless on 12:28 - Apr 9 with 2272 viewsDaiHo0p

I wish he'd stop dressing up like Tommy Steele from Half a Sixpence..
Tactically clueless on 13:00 - Apr 9 with 2230 viewsDando

For me, he keeps trying to out think the opposition. Confuse them with the selection etc. Problem with this, is that even our own players are confused. Why do we go on the best form then start over complicating things? I understand Sylla may not be 100% fit, but surely its better to start him, and take him off if needbe? It was clear from the start that this lineup would struggle.
Tactically clueless on 13:02 - Apr 9 with 2226 views2Thomas2Bowles

Whoops sorry Brian did not mean to down arrow you.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tactically clueless on 13:09 - Apr 9 with 2211 viewsbosh67

Tactically clueless on 12:24 - Apr 9 by daveB

Thats a big problem though, we don't have a left winger so to play with a back 4 you either move Freeman to the left or play Pawel on the left, neither are ideal.

Both BOS and Manning are left wingers. Manning came to is as an out and out left winger and BOS also operates best on his left foot on the left wing. So we do have some options with two left footed players that came to us as left wingers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tactically clueless on 13:20 - Apr 9 with 2188 viewsTacticalR

Tactically clueless on 12:28 - Apr 9 by DaiHo0p

I wish he'd stop dressing up like Tommy Steele from Half a Sixpence..

How long before someone makes 'Holloway! The Musical'?

Air hostess clique

Tactically clueless on 13:39 - Apr 9 with 2164 viewsdaveB

Tactically clueless on 13:09 - Apr 9 by bosh67

Both BOS and Manning are left wingers. Manning came to is as an out and out left winger and BOS also operates best on his left foot on the left wing. So we do have some options with two left footed players that came to us as left wingers.

Manning may have come to us as a left winger but not sure it's a role he'll be very good at, he seems to be a lot better through the middle. I'd like to see Bright Samuel given a chance but not convinced he's very good without the ball and that could be problematic in a midfield 4
Tactically clueless on 15:01 - Apr 9 with 2095 viewsDorse

Tactically clueless on 13:20 - Apr 9 by TacticalR

How long before someone makes 'Holloway! The Musical'?

'But Gaffer, we're two down to Fuuuuuuuulham!'
(Bircham, played by Idris Elba, tapdances across the dugout)
'Don't worry Birch, my plan will fooooooooooool 'em!'
(Ollie, played by Sir Patrick Stewart, slaps his thigh and the chorus begins...)
'Because it's half-time... half time soon
Half time, time for sub-sti-tuuuuutes!'

[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 15:09]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tactically clueless on 15:25 - Apr 9 with 2056 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tactically clueless on 13:02 - Apr 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tactically clueless on 15:39 - Apr 9 with 2038 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Of course, Ollie isn't 'tactically clueless' at all.

Like any coach, he makes decisions based on the players at his disposal, whether or not they're in form, and whether he wants to give a fringe player a start, extra responsibility or try out a tweak to the usual system.

Like any coach/manager, he takes gambles and probably loses as many gambles as he wins.

So if losing 4-0 at Hull makes him tactically inept, winning 4-1 against a higher placed Norwich City must make him a tactical genius.

Quirky, erratic, passionate, loyal, opinionated and perhaps, slightly nuts. He promoted Palace and (astonishingly) Blackpool to the Premier League - and nearly Plymouth Argyle.

Truth is, he's a half decent manager for our current situation.
Tactically clueless on 16:57 - Apr 9 with 1977 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tactically clueless on 11:29 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Lots of people on here share your opinion. Nobody's pulled a gun yet, John.

I don't see any persecution on here, to be honest.

Don’t say gun for fck sake Brian! : )
Tactically clueless on 16:59 - Apr 9 with 1974 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tactically clueless on 15:01 - Apr 9 by Dorse

'But Gaffer, we're two down to Fuuuuuuuulham!'
(Bircham, played by Idris Elba, tapdances across the dugout)
'Don't worry Birch, my plan will fooooooooooool 'em!'
(Ollie, played by Sir Patrick Stewart, slaps his thigh and the chorus begins...)
'Because it's half-time... half time soon
Half time, time for sub-sti-tuuuuutes!'

[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 15:09]

We could call it, Sir Les Misérables.
Tactically clueless on 22:02 - Apr 9 with 1821 viewsdistortR

Tactically clueless on 13:02 - Apr 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

but i did.

out of sheer spite.
Tactically clueless on 22:15 - Apr 9 with 1808 viewsMatch82

A decision which was always likely to look daft and had a minimal chance of working. But... imagine if it had? If ever there's a time to experiment, this was it, safe from relegation and every other option for the position sick, injured or out of form, not much down side.
Tactically clueless on 22:29 - Apr 9 with 1778 viewskensalriser

I knew a guy who fought on the Russian front during WWII and suffered severe frostbite for his efforts.

He was practically toeless.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024