Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was your first ever Rochdale game? 18:16 - Nov 28 with 8466 viewsmeeee

I'm fed up of reading about that dreadful display last night so I was wondering what was the first dale game you ever attended?
Mine was the 8th of November 2003 against Bury in the FA Cup, we came out as 2-1 winners with Leo Bertos scoring the first and Super Kevin Townsend bagging the crucial second
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 21:07 - Nov 28 with 1669 viewssoulboy

Nov 19th 1966, Bradford City at home played on a cold foggy afternoon with the visitors winning 1 0.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 21:29 - Nov 28 with 1639 viewsFrog

Was around 1973/4, I stood on the hill with my dad. We got there about 15 minutes late and were losing 3-0, can't remember whose turn it was to beat us.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 22:12 - Nov 28 with 1618 viewsD_Alien

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 21:06 - Nov 28 by TVOS1907

So, basically, you were a bandwagon jumper?

It'll wear off...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 22:15 - Nov 28 with 1606 viewsColDale

Late 1981. No idea of opponents, result or score.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 22:23 - Nov 28 with 1596 viewsdavidab2202

This will age me
Port Vale ,pretty sure it was a goalless draw,March -1953
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 22:41 - Nov 28 with 1580 viewsDaleiLama

I see him more in one of these jumpers

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 23:06 - Nov 28 with 1564 viewsjohnn

1959versus Hartlepool ,fa cup replay drew3-3 second replay then at old Trafford and lost 2-1 ,didn’t see any goals as down other end and couldn’t see beyond half way cos of fog
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 23:44 - Nov 28 with 1541 viewsD_Alien

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 22:41 - Nov 28 by DaleiLama

I see him more in one of these jumpers

So your ma knitted one for you, too?

Well, it was Christmas

Login to get fewer ads

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 05:33 - Nov 29 with 1487 viewsDaleiLama

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 23:44 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

So your ma knitted one for you, too?

Well, it was Christmas

I got a silver bow on mine.

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 06:39 - Nov 29 with 1470 viewsD_Alien

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 05:33 - Nov 29 by DaleiLama

I got a silver bow on mine.

442Dale would have a fit

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 06:47 - Nov 29 with 1458 viewsDaleiLama

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 06:39 - Nov 29 by D_Alien

442Dale would have a fit

I had matching silver socks?

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 06:50 - Nov 29 with 1455 viewsNigeriamark

Not sure. I think it was the 66/67 season ( could have been the season before)and we had a come from behind 3-2 win ( could have been 4-3)

Bit vague as I was 4 ( or 5). As there won't be many come from behind 3-2 ( or 4-3) wins I can probably narrow it down to a couple of games
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 6:51]
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 07:34 - Nov 29 with 1438 viewsEllDale

Mine was on a Tuesday night in April 1965, a 2-0 defeat at home to Millwall.

I still have the programme and the team was Burgin, Ridge, Calloway, Taylor, Aspden, Thompson, Lister, Morton, Milburn, Jenkins and Birch

There were over 8000 at Spotland that night (it might have been Easter Tuesday because the team seemed to be on the cusp of promotion.

Dale had drawn 0-0 at the Den on Good Friday but the goals dried up and they didn't score in their last four games. They finished sixth in the table on 58 points, three points shy of a promotion spot. There had been goals before that of course, 25 of them in 46 games for Reg in his first season.

Of course the gossips started saying that "the club didn't want to up" and "didn't want promotion".

Some things don't really change do they?
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 12:16 - Nov 29 with 1392 viewsBass1

Rochdale v Scunthorpe utd, August 1969. Scoreline 3-2 to the Dale.
Little did I know at the time that we would go on to win promotion that season.
My very first away game was at Bradford Park Avenue the same season, where we won 4-1.
I will always remember the Park Avenue game as my first encounter with football violence when, after the match, a few local scroats ran towards the Rochdale coaches to kick off with the Dale fans.
Did anyone else attend the Park Avenue game? I can't remember how many Dale fans made the trip that day, nor much about the match apart from Norman Whitehead scoring.
Did we play towards the large covered stand in the first half? Or towards the open end? I'm sure that I stood in the open end and when Rochdale scored my big brother told me to stay quiet, so we must have been standing amongst the Park Avenue fans.
I believe the match was recorded for Tyne tees TV.
I'm sure a very young Kevin Keegan featured for Scunthorpe that season.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 12:19]

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 12:28 - Nov 29 with 1377 viewsEllDale

I think that Keegan played for Scunthorpe that season but made his debut after they played at Spotland.
As far for that game at Park Avenue, we played towards the large covered end in the first half. They scored first and Whitehead scored with a header (!) after their keeper punched clear. It seemed to float in in slow motion.
It was 1-1 at half-time and I think that Terry Melling scored three playing towards the open end in the second half.
BPA had just appointed Laurie Brown as player/manager from Arsenal and they looked quite good in the first 45 minutes but collapsed once we went in front.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 13:00 - Nov 29 with 1361 viewskrafty80

Dale vs Whitley Bay, FA Cup 3rd Round January 6 1990. Won 1-0. Deffo a glory hunter!
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 14:12 - Nov 29 with 1325 viewsBass1

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 12:28 - Nov 29 by EllDale

I think that Keegan played for Scunthorpe that season but made his debut after they played at Spotland.
As far for that game at Park Avenue, we played towards the large covered end in the first half. They scored first and Whitehead scored with a header (!) after their keeper punched clear. It seemed to float in in slow motion.
It was 1-1 at half-time and I think that Terry Melling scored three playing towards the open end in the second half.
BPA had just appointed Laurie Brown as player/manager from Arsenal and they looked quite good in the first 45 minutes but collapsed once we went in front.

Cheers for that Elldale

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 15:29 - Nov 29 with 1289 viewssoulboy

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 12:16 - Nov 29 by Bass1

Rochdale v Scunthorpe utd, August 1969. Scoreline 3-2 to the Dale.
Little did I know at the time that we would go on to win promotion that season.
My very first away game was at Bradford Park Avenue the same season, where we won 4-1.
I will always remember the Park Avenue game as my first encounter with football violence when, after the match, a few local scroats ran towards the Rochdale coaches to kick off with the Dale fans.
Did anyone else attend the Park Avenue game? I can't remember how many Dale fans made the trip that day, nor much about the match apart from Norman Whitehead scoring.
Did we play towards the large covered stand in the first half? Or towards the open end? I'm sure that I stood in the open end and when Rochdale scored my big brother told me to stay quiet, so we must have been standing amongst the Park Avenue fans.
I believe the match was recorded for Tyne tees TV.
I'm sure a very young Kevin Keegan featured for Scunthorpe that season.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 12:19]

That game at Bradford was also my first away game and we played towards the covered end in the first half. From what i recall it was a far better ground than Valley Parade and there was a tunnel at the corner flag you went through if you wanted to walk round. There was some rare colour footage of the highlights of the game shown on Granada a few years ago, but ive only seen them that once.
What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 15:40 - Nov 29 with 1280 viewsSuddenLad

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 15:29 - Nov 29 by soulboy

That game at Bradford was also my first away game and we played towards the covered end in the first half. From what i recall it was a far better ground than Valley Parade and there was a tunnel at the corner flag you went through if you wanted to walk round. There was some rare colour footage of the highlights of the game shown on Granada a few years ago, but ive only seen them that once.

The programme was 'Man Alive' .......... the match was shown as part of a documentary.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 17:46 - Nov 29 with 1220 viewsSalwaDale

No idea.

Probably around 1984. My dad might know.

TBBT

What was your first ever Rochdale game? on 17:57 - Nov 29 with 1210 viewsDorsetDale

Been searching for ages trying to find confirmation but can't! Was at the Norwich FA Cup game in '76 but was before that. We played Oldham on a wednesday or tuesday night a season or two before so around '74.
As I can't find any record, could it have been a Rose Bowl match? Decent sized crowd and from memory Oldham won summat like 3 0?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024