Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tackling Midfielder 12:04 - Mar 7 with 4701 viewsNewtonDale

Just thought I'd break away from the obvious subject at the moment and see what people thought about how (in my opinion) we have lacked a tough tackling midfielder since the likes of Gary Jones, Stephen Dawson and Keith Keane were protecting the back 4
Tackling Midfielder on 12:07 - Mar 7 with 4679 viewsEllDale

Correct.
You can add Cavanagh to that list as well.
Tackling Midfielder on 12:33 - Mar 7 with 4586 viewsrochdaleriddler

Any kind of tackling midfielder would be good

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tackling Midfielder on 12:40 - Mar 7 with 4553 viewsTomRAFC

I've found myself making the same point. United had Keane, Arsenal had Viera, Chelsea had Makelele/Essien. We've often had our own League 1/2 version of this kind player. Hill referred to Keohane as being a Stephen Dawson type player.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Tackling Midfielder on 12:40 - Mar 7 with 4553 viewsDale_1993

We desperately need one! It would protect our back four a lot more and we know that's needed.
It would also free up Camps, Dooley, Rathbone etc. to push further up the pitch, and whenever we've been successful in the past they've been allowed to do that. At the moment Camps clearly isn't a CDM and is much better further up the pitch.

In that role it means others around him are having to cover and its giving them something to worry about, instead of doing their main jobs on the pitch.
Tackling Midfielder on 13:02 - Mar 7 with 4475 viewsBrierls

Tackling Midfielder on 12:40 - Mar 7 by Dale_1993

We desperately need one! It would protect our back four a lot more and we know that's needed.
It would also free up Camps, Dooley, Rathbone etc. to push further up the pitch, and whenever we've been successful in the past they've been allowed to do that. At the moment Camps clearly isn't a CDM and is much better further up the pitch.

In that role it means others around him are having to cover and its giving them something to worry about, instead of doing their main jobs on the pitch.

Camps is one of the most talented players in the squad, but also makes him one of the most frustrating. I don't think its a lack of effort, he's just not mobile enough to play consistently in CM. He needs time on the ball to make the most out of his ability, but he doesn't get that time unless he drops so deep. That limits his effectiveness.

If Camps isn't a CDM (and I agree), and isn't mobile enough to be a CM, what is he? A luxury player in my opinion who shines when we are on top.
Tackling Midfielder on 13:11 - Mar 7 with 4440 viewsDaleFan7

Tackling Midfielder on 13:02 - Mar 7 by Brierls

Camps is one of the most talented players in the squad, but also makes him one of the most frustrating. I don't think its a lack of effort, he's just not mobile enough to play consistently in CM. He needs time on the ball to make the most out of his ability, but he doesn't get that time unless he drops so deep. That limits his effectiveness.

If Camps isn't a CDM (and I agree), and isn't mobile enough to be a CM, what is he? A luxury player in my opinion who shines when we are on top.

I agree with that summary of Camps, though I think playing next to Lund and Allen made him appear better than he perhaps is.

I share that sentiment with Inman too. He's clearly got some talent. However, when you're in a dogfight and need your wingers to track back and put forward some physicality, he disappears. Put him in a side that is attacking with intent and confidence and I think you'd see a different player.
Tackling Midfielder on 16:26 - Mar 7 with 4207 viewsboromat

MJ could be that DCM we need if only he was a little more mobile. Saying that Keane wasn't mobile but had the reading of the game to compensate.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Tackling Midfielder on 08:32 - Mar 8 with 3908 viewsJimmyRustler

Tackling Midfielder on 13:02 - Mar 7 by Brierls

I've nothing against Camps but I'm not even sure how talented he is. What are his best qualities? I used to think he had a decent shot/free kick on him but that's gone by the wayside. His little chipped through balls are rarely successful so it's difficult to label him as unlocker of defences. He can't really tackle or defend well enough to consider him a defensive minded midfielder. What is his role?
Login to get fewer ads

Tackling Midfielder on 08:36 - Mar 8 with 3892 viewssweetcorn

Tackling Midfielder on 08:32 - Mar 8 by JimmyRustler

I've nothing against Camps but I'm not even sure how talented he is. What are his best qualities? I used to think he had a decent shot/free kick on him but that's gone by the wayside. His little chipped through balls are rarely successful so it's difficult to label him as unlocker of defences. He can't really tackle or defend well enough to consider him a defensive minded midfielder. What is his role?

His role is to have 1 good game every 15, get a lot of the fanbase back on side, rinse and repeat.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Tackling Midfielder on 08:36 - Mar 8 with 3892 viewsDaleiLama

I really don't like this post. At all. Mainly because I have to agree with all of it and I don't want to have to. At best I hoped he'd kick on and run our midfield, at worst I thought we had a valuable saleable asset. At present, I'm not sure we have either. Go on Callum, prove us wrong, because you are undoubtedly very popular and every Dale fan wants you to do well!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tackling Midfielder on 10:21 - Mar 8 with 3804 viewsParkinsGimp

Gary Jones couldnt tackle for toffee, he was a coward who went missing as soon as a hard tackle went in on him.
Tackling Midfielder on 10:32 - Mar 8 with 3777 viewsTVOS1907

Tackling Midfielder on 10:21 - Mar 8 by ParkinsGimp

Gary Jones couldnt tackle for toffee, he was a coward who went missing as soon as a hard tackle went in on him.

You really are clueless, aren’t you?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tackling Midfielder on 10:56 - Mar 8 with 3739 viewsDaleiLama

Tackling Midfielder on 10:32 - Mar 8 by TVOS1907

You really are clueless, aren’t you?

That had to be tongue in cheek or a wind up. Literally no one with the use of their sight who had seen him play would make that comment. Literally no one.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tackling Midfielder on 11:08 - Mar 8 with 3709 viewssweetcorn

Tackling Midfielder on 10:21 - Mar 8 by ParkinsGimp

Surely everyone at this stage knows Parkinsgimp is a WUM right?

His posts are the same no matter how we’re doing in the league and have been for years, people still react to him though.

Tackling Midfielder on 11:12 - Mar 8 with 3702 viewsrochdaleriddler

Tackling Midfielder on 11:08 - Mar 8 by sweetcorn

Surely everyone at this stage knows Parkinsgimp is a WUM right?

His posts are the same no matter how we’re doing in the league and have been for years, people still react to him though.

LIke you just did

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Tackling Midfielder on 11:26 - Mar 8 with 3674 viewsD_Alien

Camps main problem is that he's just too slow for L1, in both thought and action

He's not without talent as we saw against Spurs, but they typically didn't press in midfield. That's not to say he'd do any better in a higher league. His weight of pass, even simple ones to unmarked colleagues, is often woefully, exasperatingly slow when a decent one would've put us on the front foot. I can't see that changing, unfortunately

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tackling Midfielder on 12:00 - Mar 8 with 3599 viewssweetcorn

Tackling Midfielder on 11:12 - Mar 8 by rochdaleriddler

LIke you just did

Not sure how my post is me reacting to what he’s posted..

It’s a reply, not a reaction

Tackling Midfielder on 14:20 - Mar 10 with 3232 viewsfirgrovedale51

Tackling Midfielder on 11:26 - Mar 8 by D_Alien

Camps main problem is that he's just too slow for L1, in both thought and action

He's not without talent as we saw against Spurs, but they typically didn't press in midfield. That's not to say he'd do any better in a higher league. His weight of pass, even simple ones to unmarked colleagues, is often woefully, exasperatingly slow when a decent one would've put us on the front foot. I can't see that changing, unfortunately

I also think their 10 (Camps?) not only ticked the ball over well, but covered a huge amount of ground and looked like a midfielder doing everything to stop his side get relegated, we could have done with a player doing this for us in the middle of the park.

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/98907/rochdale-game-thread-team?page=7#
Tackling Midfielder on 14:43 - Mar 10 with 3176 viewsrichfoad32

Tackling Midfielder on 14:20 - Mar 10 by firgrovedale51

I also think their 10 (Camps?) not only ticked the ball over well, but covered a huge amount of ground and looked like a midfielder doing everything to stop his side get relegated, we could have done with a player doing this for us in the middle of the park.

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/98907/rochdale-game-thread-team?page=7#

Reading through the thread, the Shrews fans complaints could've been written by our lot.....'no consistency in selection'.....'can't defend set pieces'....'lack of desire'......'can't get the basics right'.....See, we're not alone!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024