Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
radio bolton. 19:27 - Feb 11 with 106113 viewssince58

wtf is going on. last time I looked they were bottom of lge 1 yet still tonight they are
the main game lge 2 looms yet STILL they are the main game fookin stinks.
radio bolton. on 21:51 - Feb 24 with 4780 viewsD_Alien

radio bolton. on 21:46 - Feb 24 by DaleiLama

Don't hold your breath 49th.

I got the standard copy paste others have got and you will too no doubt. Perhaps we should send them to quest?

"Thank you for contacting us about BBC Radio Manchester.

We note your comments about the coverage of Bolton football club. We know that not everyone will agree with our choices on which stories to cover, or the order in which they appear.

Editorial decisions are more of a judgement call, than an exact science — so you’ll even find variety from one BBC programme to the next. Time constraints, the expected audience profile and the style of each bulletin or current affairs programme can all play a part.

Our editors make these complex decisions, based on the editorial merit of all the stories at hand. We accept that not everyone will agree with each decision — various factors are at play and there’s often debate in the production room too.

The BBC never takes a position on anything that we cover. It is important to recognise that a fundamental part of the role of our correspondents/sports journalists is to offer analysis, using their experience and knowledge, but this is not indicative of bias.

We would like to thank you for your feedback which is incredibly valuable to us and is formally logged and reported daily to all staff across the BBC, helping us gain a snapshot of audience opinion and evolving tastes on a range of issues that overall helps us to shape future decisions and directions in our programme-making.

Once more, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Lucy Ryan

BBC Complaints Team "

I felt slightly better after firing this off.

"Dear Lucy,

Thanks for your reply. Tonight is the 7th consecutive game covering Bolton live. Regrettably, I am not stupid, and the drivel which you have copied and pasted above is an insult to anyone with even the smallest iota of intelligence. You really can reply to complaints in any way you want. At a time when the BBC needs as many friends as it can get though, due to the hugely competitive media offering available currently, I would have thought it might not be in your best interests to treat listeners like idiots. These listeners are the ones who are switching off in droves. I hope everyone at the BBC realises what this means? I also hope this is read out in your next production meeting. Ignore the people paying your wages at your peril.

I know this will fall on either deaf ears or the ears of those who don't care.

Good luck with the move from media city to Bolton.

A disillusioned Dale fan who no longer listens to the BBC and will not be renewing his license".
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 21:46]

Brilliant! I love a well-worded response to utter nonsense!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

radio bolton. on 22:04 - Feb 24 with 4734 viewsTVOS1907

radio bolton. on 20:40 - Feb 24 by since58

How can he deny Bolton are crap.

Good point!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

radio bolton. on 22:41 - Feb 24 with 4677 viewsfitzochris

“Editorial decisions are more of a judgement call, than an exact science...”

Er...

They just can’t get their stories straight.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 22:42]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

radio bolton. on 22:56 - Feb 24 with 4627 viewsTVOS1907

radio bolton. on 22:41 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

Er...

Ha!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

radio bolton. on 23:35 - Feb 24 with 4586 viewsSandyman

Looks like the complaints Department is being kept busy!

"Your Reference ***-******** etc etc

Thanks for contacting the BBC. Please do not reply to this automated email: it is from an outgoing address which cannot handle replies.

This is an update to apologise to you that although we aim to reply to most complaints within 2 weeks we are currently handling a higher than normal volume of cases. This means it may take longer than usual to reply to you.

We will of course respond as soon as we can, but in the meantime ask you not to contact us further and apologise if you do experience further delay. For full details of our complaints process please visit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/how-we-handle-your-complaint.

Thank you for contacting us - we appreciate your patience in waiting for our response.

Kind regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints"
radio bolton. on 06:36 - Feb 25 with 4470 viewsDaleiLama

radio bolton. on 23:35 - Feb 24 by Sandyman

Looks like the complaints Department is being kept busy!

"Your Reference ***-******** etc etc

Thanks for contacting the BBC. Please do not reply to this automated email: it is from an outgoing address which cannot handle replies.

This is an update to apologise to you that although we aim to reply to most complaints within 2 weeks we are currently handling a higher than normal volume of cases. This means it may take longer than usual to reply to you.

We will of course respond as soon as we can, but in the meantime ask you not to contact us further and apologise if you do experience further delay. For full details of our complaints process please visit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/how-we-handle-your-complaint.

Thank you for contacting us - we appreciate your patience in waiting for our response.

Kind regards

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints"

If you complain about the reply to your complaint SM, the wait is even longer. The more complaints made the better in my view. Otherwise it'll never stop. It probably won't anyway.

"We are sorry to learn you weren’t satisfied with our earlier response and appreciate that you felt strongly enough to contact us again.

Although we aim to reply at this next stage within 20 working days (four weeks), we are currently handling a higher than normal volume of cases so apologise if it may take longer than usual to reply. If so we will let you know. For full details of our complaints process please visit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/how-we-handle-your-complaint

Please don’t reply to this email because it’s an automated acknowledgement sent from an account which can’t receive replies. If you do need to get in touch, please use our webform instead at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints, quoting your reference number".

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

radio bolton. on 11:18 - Feb 25 with 4340 views49thseason

My MP is the new Conservative fo Heywood and Middleton so he might be keener to listen to complaints about the BBC than the geriatric representative for Rochdale.
radio bolton. on 13:14 - Feb 25 with 4198 viewsBlueMessiah

radio bolton. on 22:41 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

Er...

I wonder if the "evidence-based reason" is that every match Bolton play between now and the end of the season is a complete irrelevance?

Poll: Do I Know You?

Login to get fewer ads

radio bolton. on 15:01 - Feb 25 with 4098 viewsAtThePeake

radio bolton. on 11:18 - Feb 25 by 49thseason

My MP is the new Conservative fo Heywood and Middleton so he might be keener to listen to complaints about the BBC than the geriatric representative for Rochdale.

As annoying as BBC Radio Manchester consistently picking Bolton games for commentary is, as a Heywood lad I can't help but feel there are more pressing matters in Heywood and Middleton for the new MP to be tackling (and indeed for the BBC to deal with given the events of the last week or so).

Tangled up in blue.

radio bolton. on 15:49 - Feb 25 with 4039 views49thseason

radio bolton. on 15:01 - Feb 25 by AtThePeake

As annoying as BBC Radio Manchester consistently picking Bolton games for commentary is, as a Heywood lad I can't help but feel there are more pressing matters in Heywood and Middleton for the new MP to be tackling (and indeed for the BBC to deal with given the events of the last week or so).

I agree in part and indeed I have had a conversation with him about his priorities but it's better to keep him busy that to let him think his new job is easy!
Frankly, the busier the BBC is dealing with complaints the less likely it is to be making dreadful programmes and attempting to create news rather than just reporting it. From my perspective, the BBC has become almost unwatchable and judging from the number of people refusing to pay the telly tax I seem not to be alone.
I suggest you send your new MP an email with some of your thoughts on what is needed if you haven't already done so, he seems keen to make an impression.
radio bolton. on 16:09 - Feb 25 with 4003 viewsrochdaleriddler

radio bolton. on 11:18 - Feb 25 by 49thseason

Pretty sure the MP for Rochdale isn’t geriatric, and how do you expect the also absent Tory boy to tackle the giant issue of super john et al?. Just stop listening to it, it’s drivel, even when we get a mention

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

radio bolton. on 18:12 - Feb 25 with 3878 views49thseason

radio bolton. on 16:09 - Feb 25 by rochdaleriddler

Pretty sure the MP for Rochdale isn’t geriatric, and how do you expect the also absent Tory boy to tackle the giant issue of super john et al?. Just stop listening to it, it’s drivel, even when we get a mention

I'm guessing you are going to his 70th birthday party tonight?
radio bolton. on 19:02 - Feb 25 with 3832 viewsrochdaleriddler

radio bolton. on 18:12 - Feb 25 by 49thseason

I'm guessing you are going to his 70th birthday party tonight?

Err no!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

radio bolton. on 19:13 - Feb 25 with 3815 viewsfitzochris

Please don’t turn another thread into a pit of political bear baiting.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

radio bolton. on 20:48 - Feb 25 with 3697 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Even Bolton fans now calling it BoltonFM!

Good to see Joe Bunney making a start for them in the inevitable defeat, they have worked out the KH bingo for players and formations as well, much brighter than FFCBFC fans!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

radio bolton. on 21:30 - Feb 25 with 3650 viewsEllDale

Ironic to see Connor Roman smashing a goal for Blackpool.
radio bolton. on 21:31 - Feb 25 with 3644 viewsEllDale

Sorry, Connor Ronan. Bloody predictive text.
radio bolton. on 21:44 - Feb 25 with 3606 viewsdingdangblue

Quite a strike for Connor's first league goal in England.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

radio bolton. on 23:18 - Feb 26 with 3241 viewsSandyman

radio bolton. on 20:52 - Feb 13 by robtheb

This is the response I received from BBC Radio Manchester to an e-mail I sent after we played Bolton in October last year.

I highlighted the fact that being a local derby the commentators should be impartial
but they had referred to Bolton as "us" and "we" within their commentary, also the fact that they are biased in favour of Bolton.

Make your own mind up regarding their reply:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Reference CAS--...……..

Dear …………………

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We note your concerns regarding live sports coverage on BBC Radio Manchester.

Firstly, we’re sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We know people appreciate a prompt response and unfortunately, we’ve taken longer to reply than usual — please accept our apologies.

Sadly, we don’t have the resources to be able to cover every event within a particular sport that we and our audiences might ideally like. Being publicly-funded we have to ensure the best value for money and fairness for all licence fee payers but this reality inevitably means that some events receive less coverage than others.

We’re sorry if you feel that these decisions are biased. We assure you that impartiality is a core value of the BBC. Looking back on previous episodes of the past couple of months, shows BBC Radio Manchester sport has covered various teams throughout the Northwest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001rshw/episodes/player

You may also be interested to find that the BBC has also dedicated coverage to Rochdale and Oldham Athletics on the BBC Sport website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rochdale
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/oldham-athletic

Whilst we acknowledge that we can’t please everyone, we thank you for your very valuable feedback which helps us to get a snapshot of our audiences’ tastes and preferences and will help us shape decisions on future programming.

I have included your points in our Audience Feedback Report to be seen by the right people quickly. This report is sent to the BBC Radio Manchester Sport production team and senior management across the BBC to help them make crucial decisions on the output they produce.

Kind Regards,
Brónach Dawson.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).

Look what I got tonight...
"Dear,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We note your concerns regarding live sports coverage on BBC Radio Manchester.

Sadly, we don’t have the resources to be able to cover every event within a particular sport that we and our audiences might ideally like. Being publicly-funded we have to ensure the best value for money and fairness for all licence fee payers but this reality inevitably means that some events receive less coverage than others.

We’re sorry if you feel that these decisions are biased. We assure you that impartiality is a core value of the BBC. Looking back on previous episodes of the past couple of months, shows BBC Radio Manchester sport has covered various teams throughout the Northwest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001rshw/episodes/guide

Whilst we acknowledge that we can’t please everyone, we thank you for your very valuable feedback which helps us to get a snapshot of our audiences’ tastes and preferences and will help us shape decisions on future programming.

I have included your points in our Audience Feedback Report to be seen by the right people quickly. This report is sent to the BBC Radio Manchester Sport production team and senior management across the BBC to help them make crucial decisions on the output they produce.

Kind Regards,

Donal Rainey "

Word for word bog standard repetition, allegedly from a "different" person. They have no interest in genuine complaints whatsoever, 7 BWFC games covered with full commentary out of seven when the other EFL sides have had NONE covered shows that "impartiality" is a "core value" the BBC completely ignores.
Complaint two going in tomorrow.
radio bolton. on 06:16 - Feb 27 with 3128 viewsfrenzied

I’m sure at the end of the season there will be a 2 hour special on Bolton...where fans can call in and vent their spleens..Gowling etc can act as counsellors spouting limp phrases as “we will rise again..”...”at least we are not Bury”...”it’s probably for the best”...
radio bolton. on 07:28 - Feb 27 with 3083 viewsDaleiLama

radio bolton. on 23:18 - Feb 26 by Sandyman

"Dear,

Kind Regards,

Donal Rainey "

Word for word bog standard repetition, allegedly from a "different" person. They have no interest in genuine complaints whatsoever, 7 BWFC games covered with full commentary out of seven when the other EFL sides have had NONE covered shows that "impartiality" is a "core value" the BBC completely ignores.

It would be interesting to know if all these people in BBC complaints actually exist or if there's one person in IT copy/pasting replies from names randomly taken from the phone book in the office?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

radio bolton. on 08:25 - Feb 27 with 3028 viewsdingdangblue

Prime chance for Dale to have commentary in a massive game on Friday night - there is not even a sports show on!
Thankfully Bolton v Accrington is live on Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

radio bolton. on 10:01 - Feb 27 with 2951 viewsParkinsGimp

radio bolton. on 23:18 - Feb 26 by Sandyman

"Dear,

Kind Regards,

Donal Rainey "

BBC , claiming impartiality....not a chance , sorry Donal or Lucy or Dave in IT .
You are an absolute joke of a station, the sooner the whole of the BBC network is brought to book the better.
We are lucky that biased sod Andy Walker has a job with Sky otherwise they would be dragging him along as well. Special guest on Saturday v Accy is Nat Lofthouse's great grandson, he's 2 year old but has a good insight to the problems at Noblot and he's bringing a picture of his great grand dad with him so Fat McGinlay, Gallop Boy and Matey can cream themselves watching him bundle a keeper over the line!
radio bolton. on 11:16 - Feb 27 with 2891 viewsdingdangblue

I'd be even more pissed off if I were a Wigan fan. By rights they are the biggest club in the region (EFL wise) - yet Bolton get the Saturday/Tuesday commentary games.

radio bolton. on 11:32 - Feb 27 with 2880 viewsBlueMessiah

radio bolton. on 11:16 - Feb 27 by dingdangblue

I'd be even more pissed off if I were a Wigan fan. By rights they are the biggest club in the region (EFL wise) - yet Bolton get the Saturday/Tuesday commentary games.

Have just emailed Radio Bolton Sports with the following:

Hi all

With Saturday looming and most of our local teams in action, I'm excited about who you will choose for live coverage.

Will it be Oldham who have a tricky tie at home to Newport? Or maybe the other Latics who have a crucial away trip to table-toppers West Brom? Maybe the mouthwatering Radio Manchester "Derby" between Macc and Salford? Or maybe another irrelevant defeat for Bolton Wanderers?

Just who will it be? The anticipation is killing me!!

Kind regards
Nick

Poll: Do I Know You?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024