Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch cover 11:56 - Mar 3 with 3607 views56years

Now in place till the end of the season - well done the Club!
Pitch cover on 12:28 - Mar 3 with 3539 viewsD_Alien

That'll be around 10 weeks in total

I hope the club are able to budget for this and the extensive work to the pitch already announced without impacting too severely on the budget BBM has to work with for next season. I'd personally be prepared to pay a bit more for my ST (that's if i decided to buy based on performances between now and the end of the season) to help fund this type of initiative, but clearly the ability of the club to put on matches and the type of football we see are closely intertwined, not least in considering the state of the surface even when dry

Personally, i'd welcome the surface being roughed up a bit if it means BBM has to rethink his "play out from the back at all costs" experiment!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pitch cover on 17:53 - Mar 3 with 3273 viewsFrog

Are they playing under it so we can't see how bad we are?
Pitch cover on 18:01 - Mar 3 with 3253 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch cover on 17:53 - Mar 3 by Frog

Are they playing under it so we can't see how bad we are?

Surely not the intent?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch cover on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 3228 viewsD_Alien

Pitch cover on 18:01 - Mar 3 by DaleiLama

Surely not the intent?

Not unless it's another teepee'd performance

Pitch cover on 18:21 - Mar 3 with 3212 viewskiwidale

Pitch cover on 18:12 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Not unless it's another teepee'd performance

We will be fine if we stop fannying about at the back and give the ball a bivouac gerrit for'ad

This is not the time for bickering.

Pitch cover on 18:45 - Mar 3 with 3169 views442Dale

What is hard to work out is why we haven’t gone down this route a lot more down the years. It must be cost effective if we’ve got it for so long and there are numerous instances of games being lost which this cover would have seen go ahead.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch cover on 19:08 - Mar 3 with 3125 viewsmikehunt

I reckon them as benefit from the three points ought to pay for it.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Pitch cover on 19:27 - Mar 3 with 3084 viewselectricblue

Why dont the club just buy one....

They should have seasons ago and it would have oaid for itself by now with less cancelations......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch cover on 12:40 - Mar 14 with 2659 viewsD_Alien

The outlay on this, much welcomed at the time, now just becomes another financial burden on the club - unless a refund is available

As we've seen on other threads, individuals are having to bear the brunt of lost outlay too, just to put this into perspective

If fixtures don't resume in early April (highly improbable), the club might do well to get something done with the pitch in the interregnum, even if it's not the full job originally planned. If it's feasible to do the full job, that might be brought forward, but as BartRowou suggested, given our performance on a less than ideal surface against Rotherham, it mightn't be such a bad thing to cut costs and just have a standard relay done. The latter might become the only feasible option due to time constraints between the end of the revised season and the start of the next

Incidentally, thank god we put in that performance against Rotherham. It would've put the break from fixtures in a very different light without it

[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 12:44]

Pitch cover on 12:48 - Mar 14 with 2631 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch cover on 12:40 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

The outlay on this, much welcomed at the time, now just becomes another financial burden on the club - unless a refund is available

As we've seen on other threads, individuals are having to bear the brunt of lost outlay too, just to put this into perspective

If fixtures don't resume in early April (highly improbable), the club might do well to get something done with the pitch in the interregnum, even if it's not the full job originally planned. If it's feasible to do the full job, that might be brought forward, but as BartRowou suggested, given our performance on a less than ideal surface against Rotherham, it mightn't be such a bad thing to cut costs and just have a standard relay done. The latter might become the only feasible option due to time constraints between the end of the revised season and the start of the next

Incidentally, thank god we put in that performance against Rotherham. It would've put the break from fixtures in a very different light without it

If anything, this break from fixtures is giving people more time to look up words like 'interregnum'!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Pitch cover on 12:53 - Mar 14 with 2607 viewsD_Alien

Pitch cover on 12:48 - Mar 14 by TVOS1907

If anything, this break from fixtures is giving people more time to look up words like 'interregnum'!

It won't be the last. We've gotta find summat to keep us amused!

Pitch cover on 13:09 - Mar 14 with 2572 viewsJames1980

https://www.thebritishhistorypodcast.com/

Well worth a listen if you like that sort of thing. Give it a try even if you don't

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Pitch cover on 13:27 - Mar 14 with 2554 viewsTalkingSutty

Pitch cover on 12:53 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

It won't be the last. We've gotta find summat to keep us amused!

Loads of stuff to do to compensate for the lack of football...i’ve Just cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards and then washed the bin, I’ve had worse Saturdays over the last couple of Seasons.
Pitch cover on 13:58 - Mar 14 with 2496 viewsmingthemerciless

Pitch cover on 13:27 - Mar 14 by TalkingSutty

Loads of stuff to do to compensate for the lack of football...i’ve Just cleaned out all the kitchen cupboards and then washed the bin, I’ve had worse Saturdays over the last couple of Seasons.

Mrs Merciless was listening to the radio when they were talking about the possible fortnight's self isolation. She said " We'll have this house gleaming like a new pin ! " I just groaned inwardly !
Pitch cover on 15:54 - Mar 14 with 2379 viewsNigeriamark

Pitch cover on 13:27 - Mar 14 by TalkingSutty

Your living the dream :-)
Pitch cover on 16:00 - Mar 14 with 2368 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch cover on 13:58 - Mar 14 by mingthemerciless

Mrs Merciless was listening to the radio when they were talking about the possible fortnight's self isolation. She said " We'll have this house gleaming like a new pin ! " I just groaned inwardly !

I’ve just cleaned four piles of dog vomit , generously spread around my dining room

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch cover on 16:16 - Mar 14 with 2355 viewsDalenet

Just cut the lawn and now looking like spring time
Pitch cover on 16:25 - Mar 14 with 2335 viewsD_Alien

Pitch cover on 16:00 - Mar 14 by rochdaleriddler

I’ve just cleaned four piles of dog vomit , generously spread around my dining room

That's what happens when you feed it pasta!

Pitch cover on 17:31 - Mar 14 with 2269 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pitch cover on 16:25 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

That's what happens when you feed it pasta!

Haha, new food supposed to be tailored to her needs, either that or the Guinness sausage I gave her at lunchtime

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pitch cover on 19:53 - Mar 14 with 2182 views49thseason

Pitch cover on 12:40 - Mar 14 by D_Alien

Or, just reseed it and buy a tent to cover the pitch and jet the drains this year? The only problem I can see with a tent is where the runoff goes. If that can be fixed perhaps we can put off major pitch renovations for another 12 months and also have a tent to help keep the new surface in tip-top condition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024