Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its the hope that kills 16:59 - Mar 7 with 12778 viewsswisscottage

6 points off the playoffs
Its the hope that kills on 15:18 - Mar 8 with 1746 viewsWestbourneR

Its the hope that kills on 12:07 - Mar 8 by Watford_Ranger

Rare that I’ll defend 2t2b but I can see where he’s coming from on this. Ultimately I’m delighted we’re as good as safe with a shot at the top six when I expected us to be well in the relegation mix but it could go down as more of a “what if” season than most.

Don't be silly. Please. This is a relegation squad made up of free transfers, loans, youth team and a £50k goalkeeper.

The only 'what if' should be 'what if we didn't have such a good manager and we got relegated'.

It's just fanciful and dumb to see this season as some kind of missed opportunity, we're vastly over performing as it is.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 15:19]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Its the hope that kills on 15:24 - Mar 8 with 1728 viewsWestbourneR

Its the hope that kills on 18:38 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Glad someone else understands my point.

Things could and should have been better, getting beat by better teams is one thing, stupidly losing goals and games /points is the frustrating part.

When Tim Cocking and 2T2B agree you really know it a complete load of b**ls*it.

Tim your post is, once again, remarkably incoherent and devoid of any reasonable logic.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 15:28]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Its the hope that kills on 15:49 - Mar 8 with 1671 viewsNed_Kennedys

Its the hope that kills on 15:18 - Mar 8 by WestbourneR

Don't be silly. Please. This is a relegation squad made up of free transfers, loans, youth team and a £50k goalkeeper.

The only 'what if' should be 'what if we didn't have such a good manager and we got relegated'.

It's just fanciful and dumb to see this season as some kind of missed opportunity, we're vastly over performing as it is.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 15:19]

A relegation squad? Don't be so ridiculous.
Its the hope that kills on 15:56 - Mar 8 with 1646 viewsderbyhoop

I don't see us making the playoffs. 73 points is the average benchmark to finish 6th. Bit that requires us to earn 23 more points out of a possible 27.
Considering who we still have to play it is doable, but unlikely that all our results go as per the hopes and dreams.
But, given what most of us expected before the season, where we are now is a real achievement. Of course, we've missed opportunities and made errors that have cost us.

We keep going until the maths go against us. But, it gives us a great platform to progress again next season. But we need to be as smart in the coming Summer as we were in the last one.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Its the hope that kills on 16:01 - Mar 8 with 1632 viewsstowmarketrange

To those who think the playoffs are reachable.The away games I’ve been to this season are Cardiff,Hull,Barnsley and Huddersfield.I had tickets for Brum away but didn’t go because of man flu.
I have tickets for Charlton and I’m thinking of boro,Wigan and wba away.
Its the hope that kills on 17:03 - Mar 8 with 1559 viewsWatfordR

Its the hope that kills on 16:01 - Mar 8 by stowmarketrange

To those who think the playoffs are reachable.The away games I’ve been to this season are Cardiff,Hull,Barnsley and Huddersfield.I had tickets for Brum away but didn’t go because of man flu.
I have tickets for Charlton and I’m thinking of boro,Wigan and wba away.

Well could you send your Charlton tickets back and stop thinking immediately.

Thanks in advance.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 17:03]
Its the hope that kills on 18:36 - Mar 8 with 1482 viewsswisscottage

Its the hope that kills on 15:56 - Mar 8 by derbyhoop

I don't see us making the playoffs. 73 points is the average benchmark to finish 6th. Bit that requires us to earn 23 more points out of a possible 27.
Considering who we still have to play it is doable, but unlikely that all our results go as per the hopes and dreams.
But, given what most of us expected before the season, where we are now is a real achievement. Of course, we've missed opportunities and made errors that have cost us.

We keep going until the maths go against us. But, it gives us a great platform to progress again next season. But we need to be as smart in the coming Summer as we were in the last one.

I don't think it will be 73 points this season ..more like 70/71:

A lot of the teams above us have to play each other.

Preston. 70/71
last 10 games 16 points --
Lost 4 of their last 5 .. but those have been to Millwall, WBA, Fulham and Us.
However they don't have an easy run-in with Brentford, Forest, Bristol, Derby and Cardiff in their last 9.
I can see them getting 15 points from their last 9

Bristol City 70
14 points from last 10.
But similar to Millwall only 1 point from Lees WBA and Fulham amongst those.
They have Forest, Derby, Swansea, Blackburn and Cardiff to play out of the top half.
I can see them getting 15 points from their last 9

Millwall 68 to 69 points
last 10 games 13 points - however that included a number of tough games with 8 points lost to the top three
They have a middling run-in but need to play:
Swansea, Derby, Blackburn, QPR of those above us and in the hunt for that 6th spot
They're nothing special I can't see them averaging more than 1.5 points a game as they draw too many.

Cardiff 68/69
16 points from last 10. Very one dimensional side though and have a toughish run-in. Harder than most of the others.
Leeds, Preston, Bristol, Fulham, Blackburn, Derby to play out of the top half.
I can't see them getting much more than about 14/15 points from the last 9.

Blackburn 67/68
16 points from last 10. Mixture of tough and easier fixture with Luton, Barnsley, Wigan countered by
Bristol, Leeds, Cardiff, WBA, Millwall
Maybe 14 points, 15 at a push

Swansea 63-65
11 points from last 10 games. Not in great form.
Millwall, Leeds, Forest, Bristol, to play from the top half.
I can see them only getting 9 or 10 points from the last 9. Hope would be for them to get draws with Millwall and Bristol

Derby 65-8
17 points from last 10
Probably in the best form of those hunting the 6th place.
BUT they have the runin from hell Millwall, Reading, Preston, Forest, WBA, Brentford, Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham
Maybe 14/15 points but no more than 17

QPR 66
15 points from the last 10. Unbeaten in 6.
Need to play 5 of the bottom 6 ( 4 of them away) but then add in Home matches to Millwall and Fulham, and away to WBA.
Realistically I can see us getting 16 more points.
But if we win our next three Barnsley(H), Charlton(A), Fulham(H) .. then I would fancy getting 12 points off our remaining 6 to put us on 71. If we're on 68 points coming in to play Millwall last home game of the season .. then that may be the 6-pointer of all 6 pointers :).

Pipe-dream? Maybe .. but as I said .. its the hope that kills as we'll probably go and lose to Barnsley on Saturday
[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 18:40]
Its the hope that kills on 18:48 - Mar 8 with 1444 viewsLongsufferingR

We're 13th now!! Dream over, it's all hopeless.
Login to get fewer ads

Its the hope that kills on 18:54 - Mar 8 with 1429 viewskensalriser

WRDC closing in on the play-offs according to the BBC. One point above us, ffs!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Its the hope that kills on 18:58 - Mar 8 with 1420 viewsWatford_Ranger

Its the hope that kills on 18:54 - Mar 8 by kensalriser

WRDC closing in on the play-offs according to the BBC. One point above us, ffs!

Would take our run-in over theirs.
Its the hope that kills on 19:01 - Mar 8 with 1415 viewsngbqpr

To the 'missed opportunity'brigade...do you think no other team in this division, where the only consistent thing is everyone's inconsistency, has not dropped silly points, let in soft goals, had match-costing individual errors etc?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Its the hope that kills on 19:10 - Mar 8 with 1394 viewsCamberleyR

Its the hope that kills on 18:58 - Mar 8 by Watford_Ranger

Would take our run-in over theirs.

Yep, WRDC still yet to play Leeds, West Brom, Forest and the hardest game they will have all season against Dynamo Gunnersbury.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Its the hope that kills on 20:28 - Mar 8 with 1288 viewskensalriser

Its the hope that kills on 19:01 - Mar 8 by ngbqpr

To the 'missed opportunity'brigade...do you think no other team in this division, where the only consistent thing is everyone's inconsistency, has not dropped silly points, let in soft goals, had match-costing individual errors etc?

OK, I've got this...is it Brentford?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Its the hope that kills on 23:31 - Mar 8 with 1205 viewsCiderwithRsie

Was scrolling through the thread list in a hurry and for a microsecond I misread the title to this thread and thought His Holiness had started taking a very hard line on sin indeed.
Its the hope that kills on 06:02 - Mar 10 with 1026 viewstimcocking

I presume it's fair to say the Preston game proves the point clearly?

Which was pretty bloody obvious to begin with.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 6:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024