Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its the hope that kills 16:59 - Mar 7 with 12777 viewsswisscottage

6 points off the playoffs
Its the hope that kills on 18:17 - Mar 7 with 2442 viewsPhildo

Its the hope that kills on 17:23 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Today is a good day result wise BUT

I can't pretend that it could and should have been an even better season had we not chucked to many goals and points away with some bad player mistakes and by the manager.

Frustrating season for me.

You should hop on the PNE forum - they are 6th and want the manager sacked tonight
Its the hope that kills on 18:26 - Mar 7 with 2390 viewsted_hendrix

Think we've had a great season so far, accepting that like all clubs we'll make cock up's along the way, we've far exceeded my expectations, half of the players we signed back in August I'd never heard of, we've been playing youth players, we have a good Manager who like most cant always 'get it right' but he seems to have installed a mentality into our players of not throwing in the towel when things go awry during the game.
At 1-0 down today then 1-1 then getting Cameron rightly sent off I thought we was dead and buried but no we weren't finished yet, this is what i'm talking about, we aint brilliant by any long shot but we aint spent the money like other clubs either.
Beats the hell out of me how anybody could be so negative after such a brilliant result today, I'm chuffed to bits with the result and all considered I'm equally chuffed to bits with the direction that QPR FC are going in.

Bollox to FFP and other clubs overspending, we'll just quietly move on up the table whilst no one's looking.

Take that MOFO's

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Its the hope that kills on 18:27 - Mar 7 with 2384 viewstimcocking

Its the hope that kills on 17:58 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

How would it be a missed opportunity, though, when we were odds-on for relegation?

Man, you'd depress a Nation.

Surprised you'd say that Brian.

Let's be honest here, we have had, remarkably, against all odds, one of the best teams in the league this year. If Joe Lumley had had a good year, we'd be top six no doubt. So to say it isn't a missed opportunity...of course it is.

Not passing any judgement on any other posts, but in terms of somebody saying damn it's frustrating because it's a missed opportunity, well that really is just stating a fact. The fact we were odds on for relegation to begin with is irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, i think it's been a brilliant season, but easy to understand the frustration at the same time imo.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:31]
Its the hope that kills on 18:34 - Mar 7 with 2351 viewsplasmahoop

I can't pretend that it could and should have been an even better season had we not chucked to many goals and points away with some bad player mistakes and by the manager.

One of those if me auntie had bollocks she'd be me uncle comments
Its the hope that kills on 18:37 - Mar 7 with 2335 viewsplasmahoop

Its the hope that kills on 18:04 - Mar 7 by bosh67

Says who? Yes Eze will be a big loss if he goes. BOS may go. Manning may go. It will be hard but we have some really good players coming through (if you watch the U23s) and a playing style. Every season is going to be tough but this season the players have on the whole really played to win. Way above expectations. It's not as poor a league as you think. Teams at the bottom are not that terrible. Teams at the top, bar the top 4 are not that great. We are nowhere near a top 6 challenging team but given proper time and the recruitment system we are trying to employ then I have real hopes that we will evolve season on season, even if we do lose some top players. I've been watching Shodipo in the U23s. He's a late bloomer but my god he looks like a player now. Very excited to see what he can do next season.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:06]

Yes, and it's a big if, but if you can spend a portion of ezes transfer fee wisely, you can strengthen the team. In other areas, such as defence, whilst admittedly not replacing him. But as you say, hopefully shodipo can come through. But that's the gig, we've got to sell on players and go again. Bring it on
Its the hope that kills on 18:38 - Mar 7 with 2319 views2Thomas2Bowles

Its the hope that kills on 18:27 - Mar 7 by timcocking

Let's be honest here, we have had, remarkably, against all odds, one of the best teams in the league this year. If Joe Lumley had had a good year, we'd be top six no doubt. So to say it isn't a missed opportunity...of course it is.

Not passing any judgement on any other posts, but in terms of somebody saying damn it's frustrating because it's a missed opportunity, well that really is just stating a fact. The fact we were odds on for relegation to begin with is irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, i think it's been a brilliant season, but easy to understand the frustration at the same time imo.

Glad someone else understands my point.

Things could and should have been better, getting beat by better teams is one thing, stupidly losing goals and games /points is the frustrating part.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Its the hope that kills on 18:40 - Mar 7 with 2315 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Its the hope that kills on 18:27 - Mar 7 by timcocking

I can see both sides, Tim.

But this has been my favourite season since the mid-90's. A team built from the youth teams and from free transfers is playing proper Rangers football and it's a pure joy. We were supposed to be relegated.

Practically everything in life is a missed opportunity, but I am more than happy with our exceptional performances on and off the pitch this season and to expect more or to regret not having more seems to me like being married to Jennifer Lawrence and wondering wistfully about her sister.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Its the hope that kills on 18:44 - Mar 7 with 2288 viewsloftus77

Its the hope that kills on 18:40 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I can see both sides, Tim.

But this has been my favourite season since the mid-90's. A team built from the youth teams and from free transfers is playing proper Rangers football and it's a pure joy. We were supposed to be relegated.

Practically everything in life is a missed opportunity, but I am more than happy with our exceptional performances on and off the pitch this season and to expect more or to regret not having more seems to me like being married to Jennifer Lawrence and wondering wistfully about her sister.

Understand your sentiment, Brian - but do you include 2010-11?
Login to get fewer ads

Its the hope that kills on 18:47 - Mar 7 with 2250 views2Thomas2Bowles

Its the hope that kills on 18:44 - Mar 7 by loftus77

03/04 was pretty fecking good too

Its the hope that kills on 18:48 - Mar 7 with 2239 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Honestly I couldn’t help but think about how we’d be four points back had we just held on against BRUM.

But this season has been a success in my eye. Feels like we’re finally building something substantial, and it’s been very fun to witness.
Its the hope that kills on 18:50 - Mar 7 with 2228 viewsPhildo

And what do you know about Jennifer Lawrence’s sister?
Its the hope that kills on 18:51 - Mar 7 with 2218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, I do, Loftus.

This is homegrown, this is underdogs, this feels more like Rangers.

It's crept up on me, and surprised me.

Also, watching Eze has been an unadulterated joy. So consistently artistic, athletic and effective. I will never forget this season.

Its the hope that kills on 18:51 - Mar 7 with 2212 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Its the hope that kills on 18:50 - Mar 7 by Phildo

And what do you know about Jennifer Lawrence’s sister?

Not enough.

Its the hope that kills on 18:53 - Mar 7 with 2196 viewsterryb

Its the hope that kills on 18:47 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

03/04 was pretty fecking good too

The football we've played this year was far better than in that season.

That was a season that we very nearly did balls up, allowing it to go to the last game when we had been so far clear of Bristol City!

Yes, we had no money, but neither do we have now.
Its the hope that kills on 18:54 - Mar 7 with 2191 viewsfrancisbowles

Its the hope that kills on 18:38 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Glad someone else understands my point.

Things could and should have been better, getting beat by better teams is one thing, stupidly losing goals and games /points is the frustrating part.

Almost any rebuilt team with a new manager and style is going to be inconsistent. Mistakes bound to happen.
Its the hope that kills on 18:58 - Mar 7 with 2147 views2Thomas2Bowles

Its the hope that kills on 18:53 - Mar 7 by terryb

The football we've played this year was far better than in that season.

That was a season that we very nearly did balls up, allowing it to go to the last game when we had been so far clear of Bristol City!

Yes, we had no money, but neither do we have now.

In 16 years time, peps will remember more players' names from 04 than they will from this season without having to look them up.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:08]

Its the hope that kills on 19:10 - Mar 7 with 2086 viewsgobbles

Warburton has done an incredible job. Built a team of misfits and talented kids into an exciting team that can beat anyone on their day. If you want to be the sort of person who screams and shouts every time things go wrong, you're supporting the wrong team.
Its the hope that kills on 19:25 - Mar 7 with 2013 viewsterryb

Its the hope that kills on 18:58 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

In 16 years time, peps will remember more players' names from 04 than they will from this season without having to look them up.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:08]

Will they?

I doubt it. In sixteens years time the names of Gallen, Bircham, Rowlands & Shitu will be long forgotten.

Ainsworth may be remembered if he has a very sucessful career as a manager but not as a player.

Eze will be remembered in fifty years time just as Rodney is!
Its the hope that kills on 19:30 - Mar 7 with 1988 viewsMatch82

There have been some mistakes by the players and manager, there always are.

But those same players and manager are also the reason we are in this position, and both players (as a set) and the manager have performed well above reasonable expectations for the year
Its the hope that kills on 19:36 - Mar 7 with 1960 viewsenfieldargh

yes, I can see Nakki Wells clean through on goal, Jordan Hugill missing open goals, Hull and Charlton nicking last minute goals, Lumley howlers, but at the same time some fantastic saves, last ditch tackles and goals going in like Millwall away.

Ita all part and parcel of football. WBA, Leeds take their chances and kill off teams we are still on a learning curve whilst giving the fans a fantastic ride along the way.

One game at a time, lets see where we end up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Its the hope that kills on 19:51 - Mar 7 with 1867 views2Thomas2Bowles

Its the hope that kills on 19:25 - Mar 7 by terryb

Will they?

I doubt it. In sixteens years time the names of Gallen, Bircham, Rowlands & Shitu will be long forgotten.

Ainsworth may be remembered if he has a very sucessful career as a manager but not as a player.

Nah he will never be remembered as a Rangers legend I doubt he would make the top 40

Almost forgotten in 10 years once he is offski.

IF he makes it at some other club he maybe their hero. that's a big maybe. very few ex-Rangers players have gone on to do better.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:57]

Its the hope that kills on 19:53 - Mar 7 with 1866 viewsLongsufferingR

If every team in the division had cut out silly mistakes and taken their easy chances, we would probably be 12th right now, about six points off the playoffs.
Its the hope that kills on 20:03 - Mar 7 with 1809 viewsVancouverHoop

Eze, Chair and BOS are as good an attacking midfield trio to watch as any I'm aware of since the early 70s. This season will be ever memorable for that alone.

Football is essentially a ninety minute game, enjoy it, treasure it. What happens over a season's nine months is something else entirely. Today's second half was a brilliant 45 minutes, probably made more so because the first half was so atrocious. Those highs and lows are why I keep watching, championships and cups are nice but ultimately not as important as enjoying the moment.
Its the hope that kills on 20:17 - Mar 7 with 1766 viewstraininvain

Its the hope that kills on 19:51 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Nah he will never be remembered as a Rangers legend I doubt he would make the top 40

Almost forgotten in 10 years once he is offski.

IF he makes it at some other club he maybe their hero. that's a big maybe. very few ex-Rangers players have gone on to do better.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 19:57]

Spoken like someone who’s never seen him play live!
Its the hope that kills on 20:58 - Mar 7 with 1658 viewsloftus77

Its the hope that kills on 18:51 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I do, Loftus.

This is homegrown, this is underdogs, this feels more like Rangers.

It's crept up on me, and surprised me.

Also, watching Eze has been an unadulterated joy. So consistently artistic, athletic and effective. I will never forget this season.

Fair play to you. On the highlights, look at Eze and Bright after Eze’s goal. Two brilliant young lads on top of their game enjoying their football in a team led by a manager who wants his men to go out, play, and express themselves.

And this in a season which, after we’d secured survival at Derby last season, had (IMHO) relegation written all over it. We were clobbered by a massive FFP fine, had lost our parachute payments, had sacked our manager on account of 17 defeats in 23 matches and had lost arguably 3 of our best players (Freeman, Onuoha and Furlong).

To come from that to a situation where even the most pessimistic of fans are genuinely contemplating a play-off push is just outstanding.

This was meant to be the season of struggle — the ‘rickety bridge’ — for the reasons given above. Warburton and his team are simply swooning across it with a style , as you say, not seen since Gerry Francis's band of entertainers from the early Premier League years.

Wonderful.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 21:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024