Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 14:40 - Apr 26 with 8991 viewsloftboy

1 ) Paddy Kenny
2) Gavin Maguire
3 Mark Dennis
4) Paul Parker (remember him kicking Gary Megson in the head)
5) Macca
6) Fenwick
7) Docherty
8) Diakite
9) Paul Furlong
10) Stainrod
11) Impey

And here Parker’s at 1:30.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2020 16:09]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 11:17 - Apr 27 with 1730 viewsMrSheen

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 10:51 - Apr 27 by eghamranger

Got plenty of centre backs I know, but Damion Stewart always looked a bit nuts and had some serious speed on him

I don't remember Stewart as being nasty, but I can imagine being tackled by him would be like being hit by a transit van.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 11:29 - Apr 27 with 1718 viewsloftus77

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 23:03 - Apr 26 by HamptonR

Steve Wicks was hard.
I remember Micky Droy having a go at him.
Steve (6ft 2, eyes of blue) straightened him out.

Yes...this was my first thought when I saw the thread.

'Six foot two, eyes of blue...'
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 12:08 - Apr 27 with 1677 viewsElHoop

I always thought that John Gregory was really pretty nasty. I'd have had him and Maguire in front of the back four. Fenwick at right back and Dennis on the left. I'd go with Keetch's reputation and partner him with Webb. There are plenty to choose from though admittedly.

You wouldn't want to be a no shin pads socks round your ankles dribbly little winger against that lot.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 13:01 - Apr 27 with 1650 viewsloftboy

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 12:08 - Apr 27 by ElHoop

I always thought that John Gregory was really pretty nasty. I'd have had him and Maguire in front of the back four. Fenwick at right back and Dennis on the left. I'd go with Keetch's reputation and partner him with Webb. There are plenty to choose from though admittedly.

You wouldn't want to be a no shin pads socks round your ankles dribbly little winger against that lot.

I remember Gregory getting sent off at Luton in 85 after a full on scrap with Mick Harford.

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 27 with 1647 viewsThe_Beast1976

[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 13:08]
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 13:08 - Apr 27 with 1638 viewsThe_Beast1976

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 17:18 - Apr 26 by Rassilon

Rufus Brevett

Heard from various sources that Brevett was a bit of a lunatic off the pitch.....
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 13:11 - Apr 27 with 1629 viewsslmrstid

For more recent times you have to think of Shaun Derry and Clint Hill, both of them could dish out some nastiness when they needed to.

Also big Dan Shittu! Wouldn't want to mess with him.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 13:13 - Apr 27 with 1626 viewseghamranger

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 13:08 - Apr 27 by The_Beast1976

Heard from various sources that Brevett was a bit of a lunatic off the pitch.....

Can’t see it. He owns the sunbed shop in egham near the station and is often in there. Have chatted to him a few times when passing.

Random I know!
Login to get fewer ads

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 16:02 - Apr 27 with 1562 viewsThe_Beast1976

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 13:13 - Apr 27 by eghamranger

Can’t see it. He owns the sunbed shop in egham near the station and is often in there. Have chatted to him a few times when passing.

Random I know!

Haha. OK. Just something I was told by a few lads I played football with back in the late 90s who knew him
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 16:03 - Apr 27 with 1560 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sir Les was no pushover once he returned from his loan spell abroad and Gerry got him playing
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:04 - Apr 27 with 1517 viewssmegma

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 19:34 - Apr 26 by Nov77

Phil parkes was asked who was the hardest player at rangers. said it was Dave clement.

Mark Dennis once told a story of playing against us for Birmingham who had a few naughty players. They used to take liberties with most teams. This game they got up to their usual tricks then at HT Dave Clement picked up Kenny Burns by the throats in the tunnel. He said the whole Brum team collectively sh@t themselves. Second half they were like pussycats.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:08 - Apr 27 with 1506 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I remember in the Millwall cup game back in the early 90's some 'wall fans ripped off the seats and threw them on the pitch.

I remember Macca walking towards them gesturing 'come on then' and every single one of them bolted back up to a safe distance.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 18:08]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:11 - Apr 27 with 1504 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This thread might be different if we ever found out what happened in the away dressing room after Racist John Terry abused Anton Ferdinand.

And if it could be printed!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:13 - Apr 27 with 1498 viewsitsbiga

Nobody thinks Barton is hard then?
I guess just him then lol.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:32 - Apr 27 with 1479 viewsR_from_afar

He was always mild-mannered, as far as I can recall, but man alive, Georges Santos! Take a look at the tackle 1 minute 39 in:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:41 - Apr 27 with 1471 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:32 - Apr 27 by R_from_afar

He was always mild-mannered, as far as I can recall, but man alive, Georges Santos! Take a look at the tackle 1 minute 39 in:

He had history with that guy. I can't remember what it was though.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:47 - Apr 27 with 1468 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:32 - Apr 27 by R_from_afar

As Super ray would have said "I think he might have topped that one slightly".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:49 - Apr 27 with 1465 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:13 - Apr 27 by itsbiga

Nobody thinks Barton is hard then?
I guess just him then lol.

He was when Marseille came in for him. Actually so was I.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 19:35 - Apr 27 with 1433 viewsloftboy

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:11 - Apr 27 by BrianMcCarthy

This thread might be different if we ever found out what happened in the away dressing room after Racist John Terry abused Anton Ferdinand.

And if it could be printed!

I know Bradley Orr thumped him, he is really into his boxing, should have had him as my right back.

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 22:18 - Apr 27 with 1382 viewsR_from_afar

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:41 - Apr 27 by Metallica_Hoop

He had history with that guy. I can't remember what it was though.

Spot on, sir, and it is actually mentioned in the commentary. If I remember correctly, the other player, Andy Johnson (no, not that one) had previously fractured Santos' eye socket. The commentator says it was accidental but I don't think our Georges agreed!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 07:24 - Apr 28 with 1313 viewsdistortR

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 19:35 - Apr 27 by loftboy

I know Bradley Orr thumped him, he is really into his boxing, should have had him as my right back.

the QPR v wimbledon game where vinnie tvvat jones, the man with a mouth like a cat's anus, took out a young michael meaker, just after the game ended a steward came over from the players tunnel and said Les had pinned Jones to the tunnel wall by the scruff of his neck.
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 10:35 - Apr 28 with 1259 viewsfrancisbowles

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 18:04 - Apr 27 by smegma

Mark Dennis once told a story of playing against us for Birmingham who had a few naughty players. They used to take liberties with most teams. This game they got up to their usual tricks then at HT Dave Clement picked up Kenny Burns by the throats in the tunnel. He said the whole Brum team collectively sh@t themselves. Second half they were like pussycats.

Playing for England in the Bicentennial Cup. Dave got annoyed at some of the Italian antics in the English penalty area. He waited until the ball was gone and the players had moved outside the box before getting his revenge in with his right fist, thereby ensuring he wouldn't concede a penalty.

Hope this link works

https://www.google.com/search?q=dave+clement+punches+italian+player+in+1976&tbm=
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 11:02 - Apr 28 with 1241 viewsMrSheen

Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 10:35 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

Playing for England in the Bicentennial Cup. Dave got annoyed at some of the Italian antics in the English penalty area. He waited until the ball was gone and the players had moved outside the box before getting his revenge in with his right fist, thereby ensuring he wouldn't concede a penalty.

Hope this link works

https://www.google.com/search?q=dave+clement+punches+italian+player+in+1976&tbm=

Italian team shot from the Bicentennial cup. I presume that's Capello third in line. It looks like Gattuso behind Zoff, except he would have been about 5. Who's the charmer at the front - Franco Causio?

Yep, that looks like him. Whatever you say, Frankie.

[Post edited 28 Apr 2020 11:06]
Qpr Hard Bastards 11 on 12:12 - Apr 28 with 1216 viewsMrSheen

Another Italian player of that era knocking on the door of a hard bastards XI, Romeo Benetti. Don't let him in, for God's sake. They clearly didn't know how he would grow up when they chose his name.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024