Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings 08:28 - May 23 with 96876 viewswaynekerr55

Toast, surely?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cummings on 10:17 - May 26 with 1764 viewsrockj

The problem I have with this story is that for the last few years I’ve been going on and on about Boris Cummings et al and what a bunch of shysters they are.

They’ve been conning people from min one, I’ve lost the interest with it all now.

Cummings has stayed put, Boris has backed him because in the end people will move on. If you allow lies and populism to take root this is the end result.

I’ve nothing more to say
Cummings on 10:18 - May 26 with 1763 viewsCatullus

Cummings on 09:12 - May 26 by ExiledJack

Thank you for the civil response.

I can see the distinction that you raise, and revert to my question on process. As I see it, he’s been treated no differently by the authorities than any other member of the public. If he should be treated differently, held to a higher standard, then perhaps there should be a law to address this for cases beyond Mr Cummings?

Process? Don't we have the right to expect the rule makers to obey their own rules and not lie to us when they are caught?
When I say lie I mean lie, look at his body language, he's looking down most of the time apart from an occassional furtive glance up to the right, a sure sign of a liar according to bodylanguage experts. He also seems to have very little recall of events and has to stick to a script, when he does answer for himself he has to stop, think and change what he said, after checking the script.
My memory isn't great but I wouldn't have needed such a scripted statement, specially not for something he must have gone over and over in the last few days. That he needed that script says to me that it contained things that aren't true and to be sure he remembered them he needed it written down, bearing in mind that even with a script he still had to change things he'd said, maybe a case of the truth sneaking out and needing adjusting.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cummings on 10:52 - May 26 with 1723 viewsGwyn737

I can see the distinction that you raise, and revert to my question on process. As I see it, he’s been treated no differently by the authorities than any other member of the public. If he should be treated differently, held to a higher standard, then perhaps there should be a law to address this for cases beyond Mr Cummings?

He should be held to a higher standard. The are many jobs that rules (not necessarily laws) that. You have to abide by to stay in post.

In this case, the average person did the same thing it wouldn’t have that same impact on the public health message.

I admit, I don’t like the ‘pile on’ culture and the footage outside Cummmings house makes me deeply uncomfortable.

However, this story is incredibly emotive and as with eventS at this time the public have chosen sides. What is unusual On this occasion is that support for Cummings is coming from the right of The Times, The Mail and The Telegraph. I didn’t think this was possible!
Cummings on 11:17 - May 26 with 1679 viewsEbo

Cummings on 09:47 - May 26 by sainthelens

Well its MY Mrs birthday tmrw, and wer going to Oystermouth Castle. Just need to find an adequate hedge to piss into.

I heard they are doing drive through eye tests.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Cummings on 11:25 - May 26 with 1663 viewskrunchykarrot

Cummings on 08:54 - May 26 by raynor94

You would drive 4 hours with a child, whilst feeling ill

No?
Cummings on 12:11 - May 26 with 1622 viewskarnataka

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. It's not a case of needing a specific law that says anyone breaking lockdown rules should be sacked from whatever job it is that they do. All companies have disciplinary procedures for when staff either break company rules or break the law of the land. In the case of breaking company rules, they would be dismissed because that's what the company rules are there for, and if they break UK law, it would depend on a) how serious the misdemeanour was or b) how it would impact on the company such as nobody wanting to work alongside him/her. In Cummings's case, he was certainly involved in creating the UK laws governing lockdown in much the same was as a company director would be instrumental in creating company rules. The lockdown restrictions had to be laws so that they could be policed and that fines could be imposed on transgressors. He wilfully broke those laws and no bleating about eye tests, instincts, child care, petrol, pissing in hedges or anything else can change that. As they were laws that he was instrumental in introducing, it is morally reprehensible that he could break them without facing some sort of disciplinary procedure and if any company director had done something considered illegal, dangerous and morally reprehensible, they would be dismissed. It doesn't need a specific law to do that.
Cummings on 12:21 - May 26 with 1604 viewsGwyn737

This made me chuckle.

Cummings on 12:23 - May 26 with 1594 viewssherpajacob

Cummings on 08:32 - May 26 by WarwickHunt

Unanswered questions...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/25/dominic-cummings-press-conferen

Crace nails it again 😂

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/25/regrets-st-dom-had-a-few-but-th
[Post edited 26 May 2020 8:40]

That's without mentioning one of the reasons he left London was fear for his security. Did he discuss this with the met police or government security experts to which he has obvious access.

Would they have advised going to Durham or staying in London where its easier to protect 3 people in a single house in isolation

edit

Also Grant snapps said in his daily briefing and on tv interviews that Cummings stayed in one location once he was in Durham. - We know that was a lie - so somebody must resign - Either Snapps or the person who told him that.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 12:27]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Cummings on 12:44 - May 26 with 1557 viewsBatterseajack

Cummings on 10:18 - May 26 by Catullus

Process? Don't we have the right to expect the rule makers to obey their own rules and not lie to us when they are caught?
When I say lie I mean lie, look at his body language, he's looking down most of the time apart from an occassional furtive glance up to the right, a sure sign of a liar according to bodylanguage experts. He also seems to have very little recall of events and has to stick to a script, when he does answer for himself he has to stop, think and change what he said, after checking the script.
My memory isn't great but I wouldn't have needed such a scripted statement, specially not for something he must have gone over and over in the last few days. That he needed that script says to me that it contained things that aren't true and to be sure he remembered them he needed it written down, bearing in mind that even with a script he still had to change things he'd said, maybe a case of the truth sneaking out and needing adjusting.

Its mad that he's had plenty of time to prepare a written statement that has been carefully worded no doubt checked over by lawyers, yet he couldn't be bothered to check his credit card statement to jog his memory as to where he last fueled his card.

He's lying through omission. He knows this question would come up, and to deliberately not answer it, must surely mean the answer is not good for his cause.
Cummings on 13:14 - May 26 with 1509 viewsExiledJack

Cummings on 10:52 - May 26 by Gwyn737

He should be held to a higher standard. The are many jobs that rules (not necessarily laws) that. You have to abide by to stay in post.

In this case, the average person did the same thing it wouldn’t have that same impact on the public health message.

I admit, I don’t like the ‘pile on’ culture and the footage outside Cummmings house makes me deeply uncomfortable.

However, this story is incredibly emotive and as with eventS at this time the public have chosen sides. What is unusual On this occasion is that support for Cummings is coming from the right of The Times, The Mail and The Telegraph. I didn’t think this was possible!

You make good points that I generally agree with. If there wasn’t a 4 yr old involved, I’d definitely agree that movement from him is not on to the extent he should resign.

But given the circumstances he has set out, I don’t think he should be judged too harshly on where he wanted his child to be should the worst have happened. These are trying times for a lot of people, and many have made tough choices. I can sympathise with that, and agree that flagrant disrespect of the rules and endangering others is wrong. Cummings could have died, thought of what was best for his child, and avoided interaction with others. It’s not a scenario I’d wish on anyone, and I concede others would make different choices. There’s plenty of other things to judge him on, this just feels out of bounds for me.
Cummings on 13:14 - May 26 with 1509 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Why didn’t his wife drive or were her eyes even worse than his?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cummings on 13:31 - May 26 with 1485 viewsWarwickHunt

Cummings on 13:14 - May 26 by ExiledJack

You make good points that I generally agree with. If there wasn’t a 4 yr old involved, I’d definitely agree that movement from him is not on to the extent he should resign.

But given the circumstances he has set out, I don’t think he should be judged too harshly on where he wanted his child to be should the worst have happened. These are trying times for a lot of people, and many have made tough choices. I can sympathise with that, and agree that flagrant disrespect of the rules and endangering others is wrong. Cummings could have died, thought of what was best for his child, and avoided interaction with others. It’s not a scenario I’d wish on anyone, and I concede others would make different choices. There’s plenty of other things to judge him on, this just feels out of bounds for me.

I know a Nigerian prince who needs an investor for a failsafe business opportunity. PM me for details.
You'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams...
Cummings on 13:41 - May 26 with 1463 viewssainthelens

Cummings on 13:14 - May 26 by Joe_bradshaw

She was sucking him off whilst the 4yr old slept. Thought that was obvious.
Cummings on 13:42 - May 26 with 1458 viewsmonmouth

None of it is true for goodness sake. Are you seriously that gullible. He made it all up to fit what he'd been caught out on.

Sheesh. I'm not meaning to offend, but if you are not just messing about, it's just breathtaking.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cummings on 13:43 - May 26 with 1454 viewsmonmouth

Cummings on 13:41 - May 26 by sainthelens

She was sucking him off whilst the 4yr old slept. Thought that was obvious.

Testing his eye?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cummings on 13:46 - May 26 with 1448 viewsEbo

Welcome to the banana republic of Gret Britain

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-lockdown-coronav

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Cummings on 13:47 - May 26 with 1445 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 13:14 - May 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Women can’t drive cars mun.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cummings on 13:52 - May 26 with 1432 viewsItchySphincter

We weren’t given a difficult choice. We weren’t given a choice.

WTF is wrong with people?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cummings on 14:02 - May 26 with 1411 viewsWarwickHunt

Cummings on 13:52 - May 26 by ItchySphincter

We weren’t given a difficult choice. We weren’t given a choice.

WTF is wrong with people?

Shit for brains? Terminally gullible? Both?
Cummings on 14:07 - May 26 with 1400 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 08:54 - May 26 by raynor94

You would drive 4 hours with a child, whilst feeling ill

And i would drive four hours more. Just to be the man who drives eight hours to fall down at your door.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cummings on 14:10 - May 26 with 1396 viewslegoman

But the answer to all of this is simple. Given Cummings high profile and the sensitivities of the time you can't tell me he couldn't have sought some cabinet sign off for his trip north. He didn't do that because in my opinion be felt entitled to do whatever he wanted and to hell with everyone else

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Cummings on 14:11 - May 26 with 1391 viewskarnataka

Cummings on 12:44 - May 26 by Batterseajack

Its mad that he's had plenty of time to prepare a written statement that has been carefully worded no doubt checked over by lawyers, yet he couldn't be bothered to check his credit card statement to jog his memory as to where he last fueled his card.

He's lying through omission. He knows this question would come up, and to deliberately not answer it, must surely mean the answer is not good for his cause.

Absolutely right. On 17th March, watching the news, I could see that lockdown was coming very soon so I decided that the very next day I would drive the 329 miles to my mother's house near Gateshead because I genuinely thought I would never see her again as she's 96 and has all sorts of underlying medical problems including respiratory. One brush with Covid-19, she wouldn't have stood a chance. Without even checking my Mastercard entries, I know 100% that I stopped for fuel, a large Costa Express, a chocolate flapjack and a bag of crisps at a petrol station on the A1 just north of Doncaster, almost immediately after the A1(M) becomes just the A1. Cummings is 20 years younger than me and if I can remember that much detail now, I am bloody well sure he can.
Cummings on 14:21 - May 26 with 1369 viewslegoman

Cummings on 14:11 - May 26 by karnataka

Absolutely right. On 17th March, watching the news, I could see that lockdown was coming very soon so I decided that the very next day I would drive the 329 miles to my mother's house near Gateshead because I genuinely thought I would never see her again as she's 96 and has all sorts of underlying medical problems including respiratory. One brush with Covid-19, she wouldn't have stood a chance. Without even checking my Mastercard entries, I know 100% that I stopped for fuel, a large Costa Express, a chocolate flapjack and a bag of crisps at a petrol station on the A1 just north of Doncaster, almost immediately after the A1(M) becomes just the A1. Cummings is 20 years younger than me and if I can remember that much detail now, I am bloody well sure he can.

Milk or dark chocolate?😉

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Cummings on 14:26 - May 26 with 1361 viewsswan65split

Cummings on 13:46 - May 26 by Ebo

Welcome to the banana republic of Gret Britain

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dominic-cummings-lockdown-coronav

Boris it appears has a history of ignoring and hiding, expect the same, perhaps another distraction scenario is soon to be on its way.
Cummings on 14:31 - May 26 with 1351 viewsswan65split

Cummings on 14:11 - May 26 by karnataka

That service station I remember well, i filled the tank there, and a few miles down the road, glanced at my gauge and saw it falling to empty , thought I had a leak, stopped, nothing, it never worked again.

As a man of integrity I did the right thing and stopped, and pissed myself!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024