Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings 08:28 - May 23 with 90353 viewswaynekerr55

Toast, surely?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cummings on 21:23 - May 27 with 1735 viewsHumpty

Cummings on 20:35 - May 27 by waynekerr55

So what's everyone's take on the spineless Beeb throwing Maitlis to the wolves? Yet they keep Boris' teenage crush Kuenssberg who is a joke.

What has Maitlis done wrong?
Cummings on 21:29 - May 27 with 1717 viewslonglostjack

Cummings on 21:22 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Possibly because she presents Newsnight rather than the news.

And what she said was factually correct anyway.

By his own admission, he broke several rules.

But this shambles is what we have. I think they’re making a mistake in not just binning him for 6 months while he works in the background anyway. This will repeat and repeat and repeat and cause far more problems than necessary.

Idiots. At least the myth of his ‘genius’ has been blown apart.

More importantly, Boris‘ Churchill impersonation has taken a mortal blow !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cummings on 21:36 - May 27 with 1696 viewswaynekerr55

She's really not good at this fact checking element of journalism, is she?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cummings on 21:42 - May 27 with 1683 viewslonglostjack

Cummings on 21:36 - May 27 by waynekerr55

She's really not good at this fact checking element of journalism, is she?

Tony would though. Loved the limelight and being surrounded by cronies.

Cummings on 21:43 - May 27 with 1682 viewsDarran

Cummings on 21:14 - May 27 by longlostjack

Do you offer online Twitter lessons for Dummies? I feel like a dummy. Who starts, who replies to who ? Bloody confusing.

DM me your twitter name and I’ll look after you. 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cummings on 21:45 - May 27 with 1676 viewsNogginthenog

This has to be a dead cat of some sort something far bigger is about to happen surely.?
Cummings on 21:46 - May 27 with 1671 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings on 21:22 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Possibly because she presents Newsnight rather than the news.

And what she said was factually correct anyway.

By his own admission, he broke several rules.

But this shambles is what we have. I think they’re making a mistake in not just binning him for 6 months while he works in the background anyway. This will repeat and repeat and repeat and cause far more problems than necessary.

Idiots. At least the myth of his ‘genius’ has been blown apart.

The first sentence makes no sense. I agree with the rest. But it was still inappropriate despite the fact that I agreed with everything she said.

Poll: Tory leader

Cummings on 21:46 - May 27 with 1671 viewsItchySphincter

Cummings on 20:54 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

To be fair, I’m not sure how Maitlis thought she’d get away with that.

What did she do?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Cummings on 21:47 - May 27 with 1670 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings on 21:46 - May 27 by ItchySphincter

What did she do?

Started Newsnight with a polemic about Cummings and Johnson.

Cummings on 21:50 - May 27 with 1659 viewsHumpty

Cummings on 21:47 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Started Newsnight with a polemic about Cummings and Johnson.

Telling the truth then. I did see it and yes it wasn't quite as impartial as the beeb should be.

Agree with everything she said though.
Cummings on 22:04 - May 27 with 1639 viewslonglostjack

Kuenssberg is cleverer. She‘s a wily politician furthering her „journalistic“ career.

Cummings on 22:05 - May 27 with 1635 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings on 21:50 - May 27 by Humpty

Telling the truth then. I did see it and yes it wasn't quite as impartial as the beeb should be.

Fully agree.

Cummings on 22:07 - May 27 with 1628 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Cummings on 22:16 - May 27 with 1611 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 21:46 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

The first sentence makes no sense. I agree with the rest. But it was still inappropriate despite the fact that I agreed with everything she said.

It wasn’t inappropriate.

It was a statement of fact not opinion.

Cummings, by his own admission, broke at least 5 rules. She stated that he had.

The BBC is fast becoming a joke.
Cummings on 22:18 - May 27 with 1607 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 21:50 - May 27 by Humpty

Yes it was impartial.

It was a statement of fact. He broke the rules. That’s a factual statement. Not an opinion.

The BBC is allowed to state facts without giving an alternative view. Something they’ve forgotten in recent times,
Cummings on 22:23 - May 27 with 1595 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cummings on 22:18 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Yes it was impartial.

It was a statement of fact. He broke the rules. That’s a factual statement. Not an opinion.

The BBC is allowed to state facts without giving an alternative view. Something they’ve forgotten in recent times,

She said a lot more than “Cummings broke the rules”.

Cummings on 22:26 - May 27 with 1588 viewsHumpty

Cummings on 22:18 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Yes it was impartial.

No. 10 are insisting he didn't break any rules. We all know they are lying but its a bit different us saying it and the BBC saying it.
Cummings on 23:21 - May 27 with 1518 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 22:26 - May 27 by Humpty

No. 10 are insisting he didn't break any rules. We all know they are lying but its a bit different us saying it and the BBC saying it.

They can say what they want. That he broke the rules is a statement of fact.

Their only case is motivation for doing so. That is farcical in itself, but irrelevant to the point she made.

The BBC have lost any shred of credibility. They went a long way along that path over Brexit. They’ve now leapt over any line of speaking truth.

It is not a matter of debate whether he broke the rules or not. Our national broadcaster needs to be able to say that.
Cummings on 23:26 - May 27 with 1507 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 22:23 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

She said a lot more than “Cummings broke the rules”.

Not really.

She said he broke the rules and everyone knows that and the government in pretending he didn’t are lying about the rules they wrote. Those are statements of fact. There isn’t a valid alternative set of facts that say that people were allowed to go back to work after meeting a person they suspect is infected. Nor that an infected person can visit a hospital. Or that someone was allowed to drive for 60 miles to sit in a bench. It is simply not true.

The BBC have become obsessed with assuming that facts have to be counterbalanced as though they were merely opinions. They can’t be. And the BBC is failing all of us by pretending that they can.
Cummings on 23:59 - May 27 with 1475 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cummings on 20:35 - May 27 by waynekerr55

So what's everyone's take on the spineless Beeb throwing Maitlis to the wolves? Yet they keep Boris' teenage crush Kuenssberg who is a joke.

Maitlis is now older. It’s how the beeb roll

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cummings on 01:50 - May 28 with 1409 viewsGlyn1

Cummings on 21:23 - May 27 by Humpty

What has Maitlis done wrong?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/27/bbc-switches-emily-maitlis-in-news

Here's the clip, which is less than a minute

I think that the Government thought that they had drawn a line under it, and it was "time to move on", as echoed by some of the hosts on Talksport yesterday. They're angry that nobody else thinks that there's nothing more to say about this, and that they can't set the agenda.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 1:58]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Cummings on 01:50 - May 28 with 1407 viewsDJack

Cummings on 23:26 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Not really.

She said he broke the rules and everyone knows that and the government in pretending he didn’t are lying about the rules they wrote. Those are statements of fact. There isn’t a valid alternative set of facts that say that people were allowed to go back to work after meeting a person they suspect is infected. Nor that an infected person can visit a hospital. Or that someone was allowed to drive for 60 miles to sit in a bench. It is simply not true.

The BBC have become obsessed with assuming that facts have to be counterbalanced as though they were merely opinions. They can’t be. And the BBC is failing all of us by pretending that they can.

"The BBC have become obsessed with assuming that facts have to be counterbalanced as though they were merely opinions. They can’t be."

They've done that since the early days of the climate change argument.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cummings on 08:00 - May 28 with 1300 viewsPegojack

Cummings on 01:50 - May 28 by Glyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/may/27/bbc-switches-emily-maitlis-in-news

Here's the clip, which is less than a minute

I think that the Government thought that they had drawn a line under it, and it was "time to move on", as echoed by some of the hosts on Talksport yesterday. They're angry that nobody else thinks that there's nothing more to say about this, and that they can't set the agenda.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 1:58]

What a fantastic journalist Emily Maitlis is, far too good for the tainted BBC. Just watched Naga Munchetty giving HandonCock an easy ride on BBC Breakfast. He totally ignored her last question, which was inevitably about Dom. He sat there brazenly and talked for 60 seconds about something totally different, running the time down like a time wasting footballer, with a sickly smirk on his face.
I'd like to say I hope people will express their outrage in the right way, in the ballot box, but the next (local) elections are in May 2021. By then, there will be many more disasters wrought on the country by the Tories and Cummings will have been forgotten. They are busy engineering the worst disaster of all - only seven or eight months away now.
Cummings on 08:11 - May 28 with 1285 viewsepaul

Hate Tories with a passion always have always will, no excuses, they don't give a f*ck about the working person, in my lifetime from T******r to the utter c*nt of a privelidge boy we have now, they'll never change, if ya voted tory f*ck you, block me whatever I don't give a flying f*ck

Saying that Im getting on now is it time to move on and enjoy what I have of life and be less political, my grandchildren come first now even though not seen them for a good while, new grandson born in Feb (daughter lives in Kent) not met him yet never mind giving him a big cwtch, granddaughter due in 3 weeks (Glasgow), when will I get to meet her?.
Been off this week on holidays and have sunned it up n the garden, it's been fab, surely the easy life is the way to go.......

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cummings on 08:31 - May 28 with 1277 viewsjack_lord

(Talking of Johnson’s “blind loyalty” in the face of plummeting poll ratings, she expressed bafflement: “The prime minister knows all this and has chosen to ignore it) That is not a fact - that is a more an opinion and I hate the tories as much as Paul.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024