Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cummings 08:28 - May 23 with 96875 viewswaynekerr55

Toast, surely?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cummings on 13:13 - May 27 with 1715 viewsCatullus

Cummings on 12:59 - May 27 by DJack

Aye, good timing can keep this debacle simmering in the eyes (and minds) of the public. Every dumb/venal thing this government does needs highlighting. A better informed public can hold governments to account.

That's part of the problem though, many consider themselves well informed but politicians of all sides have been lying to us for so long they don't recognise the truth any more. Social media has thrown so many lies at us we got bored with trying to sort of the wheat from the chaff. Plenty of people have fallen for a social media lie, it's part of the reason I ditched most social media several years back. Then you have the mainstream media who all spin and lie and misrepresent.
It's harder than ever to be well informed with the truth. Lies and misrepresentation are much easier to come by.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cummings on 13:14 - May 27 with 1715 viewsJoe_bradshaw

STAY ALERT everyone.

Apparently there are crazy b******s with impaired vision driving around.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cummings on 13:25 - May 27 with 1694 viewsDJack

Cummings on 13:13 - May 27 by Catullus

That's part of the problem though, many consider themselves well informed but politicians of all sides have been lying to us for so long they don't recognise the truth any more. Social media has thrown so many lies at us we got bored with trying to sort of the wheat from the chaff. Plenty of people have fallen for a social media lie, it's part of the reason I ditched most social media several years back. Then you have the mainstream media who all spin and lie and misrepresent.
It's harder than ever to be well informed with the truth. Lies and misrepresentation are much easier to come by.

A member of my staff believes that Covid 19 was released by a Chinese lab. I asked her why she believed that, she said that she read it on Facebook so it must be true!

Education is the key...which is why our ruling elite want the sysytem dumbed down except for those that can afford it privately - the ruling elite.

I'm woefully informed especially politicaly but I'm more informed than the majority of the public... Go figure.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cummings on 13:29 - May 27 with 1692 viewsmonmouth

Cummings on 12:34 - May 27 by ymaohyd

I've never hated a person/politician as I now hate Johnson. Never used to, in fact quite liked him.

I voted Brexit, partly based on the lies orchestrated by the 'Axis of Evil' of him and Cummings.

And now again he has been the wrong person in the wrong position, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Posh voice....tick, Eton ...tick...Oxford...tick..Part of a posh private members club at Oxford (who are slated by other Oxford students, as being a rule unto themselves) tick.

Usually i couldn't care less, it's how the world goes around, certainly in the UK. At least with most of them there is a semblance of being a capable politician , leader and Prime minister, with Boris though it is all bluster and very little substance.

His attitude and inability at the beginning of this virus/pandemic stunk of arrogance. The axis of evil again had other matters that they deemed to be more important and for an island nation our figures are heart breaking. Those Cobra meetings missed, displays the arrogance and attitude from the start.

I'd even forgive that though as this virus has caught the world out (well some of it) and playing a political game seems almost unfair.

But along came this latest debacle and well...I don't think I have ever been so incensed with politics, politicians and as I said at the beginning of my reply hatred.

I can't believe what I'm hearing, reading and watching from Johnson, Cummings and the cabinet in general. At every level it is wrong on a massive scale and worst of all they are too fuc*ing arrogant to feel the frustration, pain and now understandable hatred that people feel towards them.

They just see it as a game. Watch Gove and the rest. Smirking behind the bullshit. They haven't cottoned on yet that this is different. they are so used to bluffing and lying, the personal nature of this one has escaped them. I so hope they reap the whirlwind.

Then you have the worms trying to toady favour with 'sir'. Public school boot licking like Handjob and the rest. No self respect at all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cummings on 14:06 - May 27 with 1642 viewslegoman

Given DC's intelligence and experience why did he use such a preposterous reason for driving to Barnard Castle? Surely anyone who can orchestrate Brexit could have anticipated the response to his explanation? Surely it would have been much more plausible to simply say he was exhausted by the effect of the virus and thought it best to do a short drive first before heading back to London.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Cummings on 14:18 - May 27 with 1618 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 12:01 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Of course they know exactly where he was at all times.

But you won’t get them admitting it.

It doesn’t matter.

By his own accounts, he broke lockdown 5 times.

- he went back to work after seeing his symptomatic wife
- he drove 260 miles with a symptomatic person for no reason (his use of safeguarding exemptions designed to cover abusive homes is sickening)
- his wife, after showing symptoms three or four days before, went to a hospital (Specifically against rules) and stayed overnight
- he drove to the hospital while infected
- he drove for no reason to a beauty spot when you weren’t allowed to do so on his wife’s birthday

Anyone who is defending him is an absolute arse.

Btw - do you reckon he was telling you the truth about brexit?

Sigh. No I keep telling you over and over and over I thought both campaigns were ludicrous.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cummings on 14:22 - May 27 with 1612 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 14:06 - May 27 by legoman

Given DC's intelligence and experience why did he use such a preposterous reason for driving to Barnard Castle? Surely anyone who can orchestrate Brexit could have anticipated the response to his explanation? Surely it would have been much more plausible to simply say he was exhausted by the effect of the virus and thought it best to do a short drive first before heading back to London.

The funny thing is the inherent sexism behind his ridiculous excuse hasn’t really been brought up.

If he was genuinely feeling unsure about driving, his wife, rather than saying ‘you’d better take us on a 60 mile round trip to make sure you can see’ would have said ‘I’ll drive’.
Cummings on 14:26 - May 27 with 1607 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 11:29 - May 27 by Catullus

Good point, being Bpjo's SPAD, I wonder if he has a tracker on his car? His mobi has GPS for sure.
The mobi thing, I get monthly updates about my activity (is it google) that tells me where I've been over the last month. Surely Bojo's SPAD would have a phone smart enough for that? If he has a government approved 'safe' phone surely there would be a secure tracker on there in case of emergency?

If someone like that went off the radar for twenty minutes the secret service would be mobilised, code red. There’s absolutely no way he could bugger off to Durham or Castle Barnard or anywhere really without at least fifty people knowing. Even when he’s leaving his house with all the press outside there is security and a car to pick him up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

Cummings on 14:29 - May 27 with 1602 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 14:18 - May 27 by Highjack

Sigh. No I keep telling you over and over and over I thought both campaigns were ludicrous.

Oh highjack, one of the funniest things on this forum is you trying to pretend you adopt a position of studied neutrality.
Cummings on 14:40 - May 27 with 1584 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 14:29 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

Oh highjack, one of the funniest things on this forum is you trying to pretend you adopt a position of studied neutrality.

Neutrality? I’ve hardly sat on the fence on brexit. I’ve been for it since day one, and been quite vocal about it too.

Cummings on 14:41 - May 27 with 1580 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 14:40 - May 27 by Highjack

Neutrality? I’ve hardly sat on the fence on brexit. I’ve been for it since day one, and been quite vocal about it too.

And yet you made your mind up about it years ago, without furnishing yourself with up to date information?

Which is one of the problems about the whole thing from the start.
Cummings on 14:52 - May 27 with 1565 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The consequences of the scumbags’ behaviour.

“UK police say that people breaking lockdown rules are using the actions of the prime minister's adviser Dominic Cummings - whose 260-mile trip sparked controversy - as an excuse.

West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson told BBC Radio 4's The World At One that the public are telling officers, "if it is okay for Cummings, it is okay for us", and "it looks like there is one rule for us and another rule for the people in No 10 Downing Street".

He said if the rules are interpreted as flexible by people at the heart of government, "then it is almost impossible for police officers to be able to carry out their job effectively".

Police were getting "quite a pushback" from all generations, he said.

"Now that is a bad sign, showing that confidence in the rules, confidence in government and thereby the police's ability to enforce it, has been undermined very much in the last few days," he said.”

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cummings on 14:52 - May 27 with 1560 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cummings on 14:29 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

It’s his speciality 😉

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cummings on 15:08 - May 27 with 1533 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 14:52 - May 27 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s his speciality 😉

You were a brexiteer too. Did you get all your information off Dominic Cummings as well?

Cummings on 15:23 - May 27 with 1515 viewsHighjack

Cummings on 14:41 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

And yet you made your mind up about it years ago, without furnishing yourself with up to date information?

Which is one of the problems about the whole thing from the start.

New information? The arguments have always been the same. They’ve never changed.

Cummings on 15:30 - May 27 with 1505 viewslondonlisa2001

Cummings on 15:23 - May 27 by Highjack

New information? The arguments have always been the same. They’ve never changed.

No. They haven’t. As the UK’s position within the EU has changed markedly and demonstrably over the years. Particularly in the last few years following the creation of the Eurozone. It would have changed even further due to the concessions obtained. The ones that Cummings had everyone believe didn’t exist.

Although thank God we don’t have those pesky unelected bods running the show anymore.
Cummings on 16:09 - May 27 with 1471 viewsMrSwerve

PM being questioned by back benchers on tv at the mo. Good fun.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Cummings on 16:12 - May 27 with 1463 viewsswan65split

Cummings on 14:26 - May 27 by Highjack

If someone like that went off the radar for twenty minutes the secret service would be mobilised, code red. There’s absolutely no way he could bugger off to Durham or Castle Barnard or anywhere really without at least fifty people knowing. Even when he’s leaving his house with all the press outside there is security and a car to pick him up.

Exactly! It is now either a deliberate diversion for something.
Or we are being run by a bunch of idiots.

Watching Boris now. It's a case of idiots. He ain't going to move.
Cummings on 16:19 - May 27 with 1457 viewsWarwickHunt

Cummings on 16:09 - May 27 by MrSwerve

PM being questioned by back benchers on tv at the mo. Good fun.

"driving those key messages"
Cummings on 16:20 - May 27 with 1455 viewsBarrySwan

Isn't this the character who has been touring the TV studios over the last couple of days lambasting Cummings.

I suppose we'll now have to witness the loony lefties surrounding his house screaming obscenities, making offensive gestures and parking up an Ad van with an electronic display of an emotional crisis story.

And of course all those on here calling for Cummings head now repeating the same call for charges to be brought against Mr Campbell.

Life is such a maelstrom of hypocrisy and double standards isn't?

https://order-order.com/2020/05/27/exclusive-campbell-pictures-himself-breaking-
Cummings on 16:55 - May 27 with 1393 viewskarnataka

Cummings on 14:22 - May 27 by londonlisa2001

The funny thing is the inherent sexism behind his ridiculous excuse hasn’t really been brought up.

If he was genuinely feeling unsure about driving, his wife, rather than saying ‘you’d better take us on a 60 mile round trip to make sure you can see’ would have said ‘I’ll drive’.

According to the Independent yesterday:-

“Really not sure if my eyes are up for driving, darling.”

“I could drive?”

“No no, chuck the kid in the back and we’ll test it out.”

“I really can drive, darling.”

“No no, it’s your birthday. I’ll drive us to the bluebell field, and if it gets too much, or if the lad needs a wee, we can stop by the riverbank and play in the woods for a bit. You know, just a normal, straightforward, eye test drive.”
[Post edited 27 May 2020 16:56]
Cummings on 17:11 - May 27 with 1372 viewssainthelens

Cummings on 16:19 - May 27 by WarwickHunt

"driving those key messages"

As if Monday wasn't embarrassing enough, this is just total shyte. More ums and ahs than ever. Good old Yvette Cooper nailed the tw@t.
Cummings on 17:37 - May 27 with 1329 viewsZaxx

Cummings on 17:38 - May 27 with 1328 viewslonglostjack

Cummings on 17:11 - May 27 by sainthelens

As if Monday wasn't embarrassing enough, this is just total shyte. More ums and ahs than ever. Good old Yvette Cooper nailed the tw@t.

Chairman cut her short to save Bungling Boris from further embarrassment . Shame.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cummings on 17:45 - May 27 with 1317 viewsItchySphincter

Cummings on 14:40 - May 27 by Highjack

Hence the rest of us being lumbered with the likes of Cummings, Johnson and Gove.

Derp.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024