Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome 19:17 - Jul 23 with 29409 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52685

This post has been edited by an administrator
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:12 - Jul 26 with 2269 viewstrebor67

Clive let me add my voice to the many on this thread. I have been reading this web site for more years than I can remember, and your writing has been consistently brilliant. Would I pay to read it? Yes, without question.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 16:15 - Jul 26 with 2259 viewsbellomatic

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:28 - Jul 26 by WatfordR

Clive, more than happy to support you in whatever way you want to organise, but I'd happily match Perth's offer. Send me details as and when.

Me too! Definitely in for a tenner a month.

As a new QPR fan (since 2016), well over half of my enjoyment of the Rs has come from reading this site. Before I discovered your reports, the matches were just a ball pinging about (but a fun day out for the kids). Aided by your writing, I've come to appreciate patterns in the carnage.

I've long meant to put some money behind the bar at the Crown and Sceptre as a thank you, but never quite round to it.

Someone said that you didn't want to be considered a charity case. You definitely shouldn't worry about that. You've given so much that it would be more like gift exchange... and a gift very willingly given on our part as readers.

Please keep up the great work. Everything about your last report of the season, from the title onwards, was pure gold.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 12:24]
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 20:02 - Jul 26 with 2124 viewsbullythebear

Clive, as a very occasional poster but daily reader I’d certainly be happy to make a regular contribution to keep this going. Thanks for another fabulous season of writing. We’re extremely lucky that you’re a Rangers fan.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 20:50 - Jul 26 with 2081 viewsTripper

Like so many others I'm an infrequent poster but a daily reader, don't think there's been a day I haven't clicked on to have a peep in to see what's going on.

The quality of Clive's wring is sublime and he really should be monetising his talents in the football writing arena, think he'd be a great fit for something like The Athletic.

For me it's so much more than just about our team and the writing, I've been on three holidays based on recommendations here, had so many laugh out load moments about flat roofed pubs and PP soiling his pants, I'd really be lost without it and will happily pay to see it continue. I think setting up a PayPal payment for an amount you're happy with and just let it auto-renew on a monthly or annual basis would work well.

For a little fun maybe we could could do an annual auction to induce an honorary member. I think the first inductee would have to be Konk. We all chip in a couple of quid to cover his honorary membership and see how much we end up with.

Would very much be something in the spirit of this board.

Keep up the great work.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 23:10 - Jul 26 with 2013 viewsTwoHalves

Hi Clive. As a fan of your writing generally - and match reports in particular - it goes without saying that I would be more than happy to cough up if it meant that the site can continue in its present form. Unfortunately I can't really offer any meaningful insight into how this might be achieved other than to say that, many years ago, when the football club I used to play for in the Southern Amateur League were trying to raise funds for a new clubhouse, a subscription scheme was set up with a cash prize of £25 (well, it was the 80's) for the winner of a monthly draw. I think we ended up with a couple of hundred subscribers at £1 a head, so £175 a month profit. Now I'm the first to admit that I probably haven't thought this through as there may well be practical, legal, administrative or any number of other difficulties to contend with here, but, in principle, might something like this work as an incentive?

On a different note, Clive - and one or two others have already alluded to this - I really believe your work transcends QPR, probably even football too. I reckon you could compete with humorists like John Crace (Spurs fan - I know, I know), Marina Hyde and Charlie Brooker if you put your mind to it. I realise that's sort of like wishing for Eze, for example, to move on, but I do believe that you deserve a wider audience.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 23:52 - Jul 26 with 1949 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,
Happy to support the website through a monthly payment - perhaps we can pay via Paypal? (I think there is a subscription option).
No additional content or podcasts required.
Just as you are - this website is amazing and a godsend for QPR fans especially those who are unable to attend games these days.
Cheers,
James
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:52]
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 03:18 - Jul 27 with 1890 viewsNelson_Rs

Just to add to what many have said, your match previews and reports have become a vital part of following the team for years now and this has only become more true since I moved abroad. It would be a real loss if you had to close the site and I'm more than happy to pay a subscription considering the amount of hours spent on this site over the years. We are very fortunate to have so much quality content and I often share your rants on the state of QPR/football/WiFi on trains with friends who support other teams.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 07:37 - Jul 27 with 1852 viewsE17hoop

£1 a month patreon to just say thanks.
£5 a month patreon for a monthly podcast
£10 a month for a weekly podcast

Not excessive load for you but reasonable tiers for visitors here. Ultimately, you need to price it based on your needs. It might mean a bit more marketing and you have to be careful to make sure you're not taking from the Open All Rs product.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Login to get fewer ads

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:21 - Jul 27 with 1746 viewsdaveB

A bit late to this but more than happy to sign up, like the idea of special podcasts as well, something like Under the cosh with interviews with former players maybe not the legends but the ones with stories we may not know about. For instance the 03/04 season we har a lot from Gallen, Bircham etc but what about Marcus Bignot or Matthew Rose who were key players in that era. Also reviewing old seasons with hindsight could be quite entertaining. Always enjoyed that top flight time machine series which does the same thing

Would add though whilst the love for Clive is fully deserved and I hope this is a massive success there is another great QPR man in Dave Thomas who desperately needs help with people signing up to the online version of AKUTRS.

Dave really needs a lot of support with this new venture and didn't really get much with the first online issue.

More details on how to subscribe here but it's well worth it because without wanting to be dramatic, we're going to lose this publication if this doesn't take off

http://www.akutrs.com/
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 10:25]
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:26 - Jul 27 with 1735 viewsPunteR

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:21 - Jul 27 by daveB

A bit late to this but more than happy to sign up, like the idea of special podcasts as well, something like Under the cosh with interviews with former players maybe not the legends but the ones with stories we may not know about. For instance the 03/04 season we har a lot from Gallen, Bircham etc but what about Marcus Bignot or Matthew Rose who were key players in that era. Also reviewing old seasons with hindsight could be quite entertaining. Always enjoyed that top flight time machine series which does the same thing

Would add though whilst the love for Clive is fully deserved and I hope this is a massive success there is another great QPR man in Dave Thomas who desperately needs help with people signing up to the online version of AKUTRS.

Dave really needs a lot of support with this new venture and didn't really get much with the first online issue.

More details on how to subscribe here but it's well worth it because without wanting to be dramatic, we're going to lose this publication if this doesn't take off

http://www.akutrs.com/
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 10:25]

Couldn't LFW and AKUTR collaborate.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:39 - Jul 27 with 1706 viewsblacky200

Late in on this one. I would happily pay even without extra content. I can't get to games now but used to be a season ticket holder and regular away days. I've checked out all the QPR fan sites I can find and this is the definitive one for me. So count me in.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:51 - Jul 27 with 1682 viewsNoelmc

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:26 - Jul 27 by PunteR

Up-arrowed this one by mistake. I definitely think there is room for both.

Also I think DT is great and I subscribe to AKUTRs, but Dave himself admits he’s not great on hitting deadlines which is very different to Clive.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:19 - Jul 27 with 1644 viewsTeddRanger

More than happy to pay a monthly sum, however it's set up.

This site is brilliant.

Match reports -are an absolute must read. The quality of the writing is unsurpassed (humour mixed with savagery!) and getting a detailed account of the game now most of the press ignores anything non-Prem is more vital than ever.

Previews- are also an excellent read.

I would also love to see the awayday feature return. And, being greedy, the transfer deadline specials.. We might not be involved in the madness anymore, but they used to make me howl with laughter!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:30 - Jul 27 with 1624 viewsfrancisbowles

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:26 - Jul 27 by PunteR

A merger?

Fulham Park Rangers
Milton Keynes Rangers

Nah, we don't do mergers
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 11:31]
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:32 - Jul 27 with 1616 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Always thought this was a good idea. Throw in the podcast too.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 11:40 - Jul 27 with 1595 viewsballbag

Long-time lurker, turned longish-time poster, reverting to occasional lurkage.

More than happy to contribute through whatever model you decide to go with.

Thank you for all the time you put into this madness!
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:49 - Jul 27 with 1538 viewsQPR_Jim

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 10:51 - Jul 27 by Noelmc

Up-arrowed this one by mistake. I definitely think there is room for both.

Also I think DT is great and I subscribe to AKUTRs, but Dave himself admits he’s not great on hitting deadlines which is very different to Clive.

Agree there's room for both it might just be a case of cross selling. Maybe there's two levels of membership and the first one is cheaper and only covers the message board then a more expensive option which gets you additional content and an online subscription to AKUTR's?

Worth exploring if it could help protect two great resources for QPR fans.

Then all we need to do is consolidate all the different QPR supporters groups into one and we'll be laughing.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:59 - Jul 27 with 1476 viewsnix

'Then all we need to do is consolidate all the different QPR supporters groups into one and we'll be laughing'

I don't really want to do that. I left WATRBs to come here because of some questionable viewpoints by a large number of the posters (not about football).

I would be happy to subscribe to both Clive and AKUTR's though, as a joint higher level subscription.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 18:15 - Jul 27 with 1335 viewslarsricchi

Been away all weekend, but came back to see eight new pages on this thread. Let me say this: Having lived almost exclusively in Iowa, USA, my passion for QPR puzzles a lot of people. "How is it you've come to care so much about a team that can't stay in the top tier?" I think it's fair to say that Clive, the LFW team, and many of you who make up the LFW community deserve the credit (blame?) as much as the football itself. I would be quite happy to help support the effort.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 20:54 - Jul 27 with 1260 viewsQPR_Jim

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 13:59 - Jul 27 by nix

'Then all we need to do is consolidate all the different QPR supporters groups into one and we'll be laughing'

I don't really want to do that. I left WATRBs to come here because of some questionable viewpoints by a large number of the posters (not about football).

I would be happy to subscribe to both Clive and AKUTR's though, as a joint higher level subscription.

Its ok I was only joking but I meant the LSA & QPR 1st not message boards.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 22:08 - Jul 27 with 1188 viewseccles

i'd pay.
cant imagine life without this board.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 22:44 - Jul 27 with 1156 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Became a QPR fan after visiting LR in 2015 to see a 0-0 draw with West Ham that effectively secured relegation from the PL.

Became a QPR diehard for a few reasons. The introduction of QPR+ allowed me to watch in the States and definitely helped, but this community has been the main reason. I’d be more than happy to subscribe for content and access to the board.
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 07:35 - Jul 28 with 1086 viewsWokingR

Like a few others, I’m a bit late to this, but agree with every suggestion that Clive should be paid for his time. By all means, set up a monthly subscription for the new season but please give us a means to pay now and make an immediate contribution. Call it back pay if it makes it easier.
Also heartened to read a few suggestions to reinstate Sexy Friday as i remember it was the advertisers, who have now deserted you, that put a stop to this. It would also be handy, the next time the wife walks in and asks “what on earth are you looking at” to be able to reply with a “sorry, it’s for Clive”
West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 09:13 - Jul 28 with 1027 viewsCamberleyR

Another great season of previews and match reports but wouldn't expect anything else from a talented writer like Clive. Frequently produces a few chuckles and I'm sure that if I happen to be reading one whilst at work (lunch break obvs ) colleagues wonder what I'm laughing at.

Would be perfectly happy to pay a monthly fee through Patreon or whatever means (When Saturday Comes which I subscribe to is trying to encourage subscribers to do the same for bonus content) and would also be happy to chip into a crowd funding thing for past services rendered or to pay for match day travel this season for Clive.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

West Brom report - plus discussion about this site next season, feedback welcome on 12:05 - Jul 28 with 974 viewsDixie_CT

My favourite site on the whole World Wide Web.

Clive’s writing is some of the best around. Normally always on the money with his POV, well informed without flaunting it around and often finds an angle on situations that make me rethink my open position.

Happy to put my hand in my pocket to support this site which is much more than football and being a QPR fan, the distraction is often needed.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024