Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Level results 08:32 - Aug 13 with 9205 viewsMrSheen

Good luck to anyone else going through this today. Fortunately my youngest has got what she needs for exile to Chilly Jocko-Land (c. J. Greaves).
A Level results on 14:31 - Aug 17 with 1267 viewsdaveB

A Level results on 13:34 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Ditching the whole thing. Going with teacher assessments. Announced at 4pm according to The Times.

just been announced, incredible really, what a cock up.

Edit, sorry thats just in Wales
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 14:33]
A Level results on 15:13 - Aug 17 with 1227 viewsCiderwithRsie

A Level results on 14:31 - Aug 17 by daveB

just been announced, incredible really, what a cock up.

Edit, sorry thats just in Wales
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 14:33]

Get used to it people.

This is a cabinet solely appointed on basis of loyalty to Johnson. Williamson was rightly sacked from defence for leaking, Patel was rightly sacked for trying to dodgy deal with Israel behind the FO's back; both walked back into top jobs. Javid sacked for wanting a mind of his own. OTOH Jenrick and Cummings should have been sacked but keep their jobs.

Johnson himself was incompetent at the FO and has a string of cock-ups as London Mayor behind him (garden bridge anyone?). That's it as far as his record of public office goes.

Competence simply isn't a criterion for any of this lot, if they are any good it is pure coincidence.
A Level results on 15:22 - Aug 17 with 1213 viewsPhildo

A Level results on 15:13 - Aug 17 by CiderwithRsie

Get used to it people.

This is a cabinet solely appointed on basis of loyalty to Johnson. Williamson was rightly sacked from defence for leaking, Patel was rightly sacked for trying to dodgy deal with Israel behind the FO's back; both walked back into top jobs. Javid sacked for wanting a mind of his own. OTOH Jenrick and Cummings should have been sacked but keep their jobs.

Johnson himself was incompetent at the FO and has a string of cock-ups as London Mayor behind him (garden bridge anyone?). That's it as far as his record of public office goes.

Competence simply isn't a criterion for any of this lot, if they are any good it is pure coincidence.

Having had enough of experts is not going that well in practice is it.

Now the worry is the Russell group unis will accommodate all those they issued offers to whilst the remaining ones who traditionally pick up a lot of students through clearing will now be in big trouble - also down on foreign students.
A Level results on 15:51 - Aug 17 with 1180 viewscollegeranger

I deal with a number of Universities and trust me they should all be offering places as most have 25%+ foreign students and this coming year its predicted to drop to less than 10% !!
The Uni's should be weighing into this debate. On a personal note - my niece was predicated A* A A - she was given A C D. She lost Bristol as her first choice and ...... lost her back up. She is going to wait and defer and take the actual exams as soon as she can and go again next year.
A Level results on 16:02 - Aug 17 with 1166 viewsflynnbo

Ditching the whole thing. Going with teacher assessments. Announced at 4pm according to The Times.

Spot on, Clive.
A Level results on 16:09 - Aug 17 with 1154 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just caught up with this thread today.

I hope all the students you know benefit from this latest annpuncement.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A Level results on 16:26 - Aug 17 with 1121 viewsA40Bosh

A Level results on 16:09 - Aug 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Just caught up with this thread today.

I hope all the students you know benefit from this latest annpuncement.

Fantastic News Brian - Just seen the BBC announcement as I could here the Mrs screaming/cheering in the background.

She had to deal with a lot of stressed out people last week, firstly the students, then their parents in some cases who were getting in touch with her, her colleagues as well who felt devastated for their pupils, some they have taught for 7 years and really knew them.

I just hope that ALL the Unis now reopen the offers previously given so that those who have now been given improved grades still get their places.

Oh, and Williamson needs to resign - C O C K!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

A Level results on 16:27 - Aug 17 with 1119 viewsMancR

F*** you Boris and Williamson and your "robust" results. A more shameful and deceitful bunch of cocks you will never find.
Login to get fewer ads

A Level results on 16:37 - Aug 17 with 1080 viewsWatford_Ranger

A Level results on 16:26 - Aug 17 by A40Bosh

Fantastic News Brian - Just seen the BBC announcement as I could here the Mrs screaming/cheering in the background.

She had to deal with a lot of stressed out people last week, firstly the students, then their parents in some cases who were getting in touch with her, her colleagues as well who felt devastated for their pupils, some they have taught for 7 years and really knew them.

I just hope that ALL the Unis now reopen the offers previously given so that those who have now been given improved grades still get their places.

Oh, and Williamson needs to resign - C O C K!

No one resigns any more. His senior position has approximately zero to do with his capability to do the role effectively anyway. Expect a “we believe the matter is now closed” announcement and that’s that.
A Level results on 16:42 - Aug 17 with 1064 viewsE17hoop

Universities weren't told of the change beforehand so their clearing teams are now working flat out again.

And universities are fined for over-subscribing places - the government hasn't said if that will be waived for this year meaning universities, having followed the rules last week, choose to not follow them this.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

A Level results on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 1043 viewsKonk

A Level results on 16:37 - Aug 17 by Watford_Ranger

No one resigns any more. His senior position has approximately zero to do with his capability to do the role effectively anyway. Expect a “we believe the matter is now closed” announcement and that’s that.

"The public aren't interested in blaming people, what the public wants to do now is focus on [insert something about incredible future/opportunities, say something in Latin, reference Jason and the Argonauts or Clash of the Titans, and finish with a hilarious metaphor that makes Liz Truss fill her knickers with laughter piss. Then disappear from public view for the next eight weeks, despite the fact that you're the PM and we're in the midst of a pandemic and epic recession]."

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

A Level results on 17:08 - Aug 17 with 1014 viewsPhildo

Superforcaster
A Level results on 17:17 - Aug 17 with 993 viewsHunterhoop

A Level results on 16:54 - Aug 17 by Konk

"The public aren't interested in blaming people, what the public wants to do now is focus on [insert something about incredible future/opportunities, say something in Latin, reference Jason and the Argonauts or Clash of the Titans, and finish with a hilarious metaphor that makes Liz Truss fill her knickers with laughter piss. Then disappear from public view for the next eight weeks, despite the fact that you're the PM and we're in the midst of a pandemic and epic recession]."

He’s one step ahead of you, Konk. He’s already on holiday! Disappeared up to Scotland for “a short break” last week. A break from what, I’m not sure. I suspect that, as well wanting nothing to do with these c*ck ups, he’s also either still not recovered from Covid or he’s got another problem that stops you from working and appearing in public.
A Level results on 17:40 - Aug 17 with 958 viewsKonk

A Level results on 17:17 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

He’s one step ahead of you, Konk. He’s already on holiday! Disappeared up to Scotland for “a short break” last week. A break from what, I’m not sure. I suspect that, as well wanting nothing to do with these c*ck ups, he’s also either still not recovered from Covid or he’s got another problem that stops you from working and appearing in public.

That's great to hear, Hunter. He's due a holiday. If I was him, I'd leave my phone at home, stay away from the Newspapers and News programmes, spend some quality time with my latest family (whilst obviously reserving the right to hump anything that moves) and generally just try and get away from it all. Maybe do that for the next 2-3 years, and hope that the worst of Covid-19, Brexit, Recession, Exam-results fiasco etc had blown over and that the public had forgotten that I was overseeing the whole shi tshow. Then, as the next election neared, re-emerge in a Hi-Viz jacket at a cream cracker factory and start cranking out the funnies. Works every time, the lazy cu nt.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

A Level results on 18:44 - Aug 17 with 912 viewsDunstable_hoop

For years now schools & the teaching profession have been underfunded and chronically unsupported by its policy makers and this has led to such a lack of confidence in the whole system. That goes for parents, students and teachers who now enter the profession knowing half the country will automatically paint them as lazy, underworked freeloaders from day 1, a viewpoint which is rarely challenged publicly. Gove’s love of the system but disdain for those trying to implement it was the final nail in the coffin.

Part of this whole mess was completely predictable. They place so much emphasis on performance measures and take every bit of humanity out of the education process, leading to schools feeling like they have to overwork the bright and drop the struggling at any given point. Doesn’t it stand to reason that this system of standardisation, which is needed, will be managed in such a way that it gives absolutely no thought as to how to manage the expected fall-our other than: here’s £2m to set up a hotline when they all get pi*sed off afterwards?

But on the other hand, how can CAG’s now be trusted? According to half the country, teachers have been doing sweet FA for 6 months now, surely they must have been mighty upset to have to pop the pina colada on the table and fill in a form?
A Level results on 19:34 - Aug 17 with 873 viewsWatfordR

A Level results on 17:17 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

He's got a record as long as your arm for walking away from anything that looks like bad news or a c*ck up. Given that there is virtually nothing going on at the moment that doesn't look like bad news and/or a c*ck up, it's hardly surprising he's been virtually invisible for the last five months.

What on earth is he doing with all that time on his hands? Changing nappies and bottle feeding? Or are nests being feathered while everyone else (apart from Jolyon Maughan) is otherwise distracted and looking in a different direction?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 19:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024