Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 49629 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 16:31 - Sep 20 with 2467 viewsdistortR

SKY on 16:29 - Sep 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh ya...here he comes...another late tackle from Gus.

"How could I play the ball, Ref? He got rid of it ages ago"
SKY on 16:32 - Sep 20 with 2466 viewsRangersw12

SKY on 16:11 - Sep 20 by Discodroids

whats all this gammon shit about?.

Step into the arena.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 16:12]

I see it as quite an accurate description of people who seem to be angry all the time
SKY on 16:34 - Sep 20 with 2442 viewsqpr85

SKY on 16:24 - Sep 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm getting a hammering on here today!

Hope I'm not included mate it was a genuine question as I fear all this is getting a bit over the top and before too long the whole point of all this will just be a tick box exercise and we're doing it because it's "just what you do"
SKY on 16:36 - Sep 20 with 2437 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 16:31 - Sep 20 by qpr85

You're no buddy of mine guy

You're no Buddy Guy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 16:37 - Sep 20 with 2421 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 16:34 - Sep 20 by qpr85

Hope I'm not included mate it was a genuine question as I fear all this is getting a bit over the top and before too long the whole point of all this will just be a tick box exercise and we're doing it because it's "just what you do"

Not at all, far from it. Your question made me think.

No, I got hit by the troll earlier and bakerloo quoted me by accident. I'm just having the craic.

SKY on 16:39 - Sep 20 with 2402 viewsDiscodroids

SKY on 16:32 - Sep 20 by Rangersw12

I see it as quite an accurate description of people who seem to be angry all the time

Magic.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

SKY on 16:42 - Sep 20 with 2394 viewsNorthernr

SKY on 16:32 - Sep 20 by Rangersw12

It is problematic though. I think I've been guilty of using it once or twice myself in the context of "Tommy's Gammon Army". But it refers to the ruddy complexion of the middle aged men who tend to frequent the Tommy Robinson events, and if you started referring to BLM as "Lammy's Chocolate Army", for instance, there would, rightly, be a fcking outrage. So it doesn't do the cause much good to keep using it.
SKY on 16:58 - Sep 20 with 2304 viewsbakerloo8

SKY on 16:42 - Sep 20 by Northernr

It is problematic though. I think I've been guilty of using it once or twice myself in the context of "Tommy's Gammon Army". But it refers to the ruddy complexion of the middle aged men who tend to frequent the Tommy Robinson events, and if you started referring to BLM as "Lammy's Chocolate Army", for instance, there would, rightly, be a fcking outrage. So it doesn't do the cause much good to keep using it.

Exactly this. Double standards.
Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 17:00 - Sep 20 with 2305 viewsdistortR

yeah, we all like to put people in labeled boxes, but it's not helpful in any way and is surely springing from the same well from where racism comes from?

We label ourselves as well, "anarchist" or whatever, but life is so much more complex then that.
SKY on 17:02 - Sep 20 with 2298 viewsjohnhoop

It’s not problematic it’s fecking racist. It’s disparagingly labeling a whole group of people with a word pertaining to their skin colour, which if it were done the other way round would (rightly) produce howls of outrage.
SKY on 17:08 - Sep 20 with 2280 viewsnoauthority

All 3 parts of an excellent documentary on this issue, I really do implore all watch and draw their own conclusions, I found it chilling and perhaps prescient:

[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 17:12]
SKY on 17:20 - Sep 20 with 2214 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I didn't know that.

It's not a word that gets used in Ireland, or at least I've never noticed it. I've never used it but I always thought it was for white people who got flushed and angry over race issues.

Good to be educated.

SKY on 17:20 - Sep 20 with 2214 viewsRanger_Things

I'm not sure which is more depressing. Rangers still proving they are unable to defend or the comments on this thread.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 21:00]
SKY on 17:21 - Sep 20 with 2206 viewsRangersw12

Never really seen it that way but duly noted .
SKY on 17:26 - Sep 20 with 2186 viewsManinBlack

Sky has done a number on us. Their unjust criticism of us appears to have started us in fighting amongst ourselves again.
SKY on 17:46 - Sep 20 with 2100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SKY on 17:26 - Sep 20 by ManinBlack

Sky has done a number on us. Their unjust criticism of us appears to have started us in fighting amongst ourselves again.

I don't think we're fighting at all, MIB, bar one WUM.

I actually think this has been as decent a conversation about this issue as I've come across.

SKY on 18:06 - Sep 20 with 2054 viewscolinallcars

SKY on 16:36 - Sep 20 by BrianMcCarthy

You're no Buddy Guy.

I have a Junior Wells LP which features Buddy Guy, but for contractual reasons, he's named in the sleevenotes as Friendly Chap.
Just thought that might defuse the hostility a bit....
SKY on 18:47 - Sep 20 with 1952 viewsstevec

Held this up to my face and to be fair to the lefties, it’s a remarkable match.

They do know their colours.
SKY on 19:57 - Sep 20 with 1810 viewsderbyhoop

Open letter to SKY

Before criticising any club for not "taking the knee", which is a fairly meaningless symbolic gesture that may have been relevant 3 months ago, you'd better ask these questions:

Name the clubs with a black Director of Football
Name the clubs with a black Academy Director
Name the clubs with a black coach for their U23s
Name the clubs with a black coach for their U18s

When you've identified concrete measures and found clubs wanting, then you can have a go at them.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

SKY on 20:03 - Sep 20 with 1789 viewsLythamR

SKY on 16:31 - Sep 20 by qpr85

You're no buddy of mine guy

I do like Buddy Guy
Video removed as Brian beat me to it :)
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 20:04]
SKY on 20:39 - Sep 20 with 1716 viewsW7Ranger

SKY on 19:57 - Sep 20 by derbyhoop

Open letter to SKY

Before criticising any club for not "taking the knee", which is a fairly meaningless symbolic gesture that may have been relevant 3 months ago, you'd better ask these questions:

Name the clubs with a black Director of Football
Name the clubs with a black Academy Director
Name the clubs with a black coach for their U23s
Name the clubs with a black coach for their U18s

When you've identified concrete measures and found clubs wanting, then you can have a go at them.

2 black managers.

Several shareholders from BAME backgrounds.

Jude the cat!
SKY on 20:50 - Sep 20 with 1666 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

SKY on 20:53 - Sep 20 with 1652 viewspaulparker

This from Karl Henry

The #BLM organisation made this political. Many support the cause, but want to stay politically neutral.

@QPR
is without doubt the most racially diverse football club I have ever played for.

Taking the knee is symbolic. Taking action is the next step and
@Qpr
are miles ahead!

But then again he is an evil tory voter

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

SKY on 21:54 - Sep 20 with 1551 viewsMalintabuk

Whether or not we agree or disagree with the clubs stance imo the club handle this very badly for once
When the commentators highlighted what we did it made me for the first time look and our starting 11 which was 8 Caucasian and 3 black. Now that is the first time I think I have ever looked at our team make up and I could almost hear the sky management drooling
Would they have been so vocal if it was reversed?
The club is a fantastic advert for diversity but not issuing a pre match statement was i think a mistake
We can say that why should we our record speaks for itself.... well unfortunately it don't or didn't this time
The club is influential in 1000s of lives and it needs to have stands and to make those stands known
SKY on 22:11 - Sep 20 with 1493 viewsstevec

SKY on 21:54 - Sep 20 by Malintabuk

Whether or not we agree or disagree with the clubs stance imo the club handle this very badly for once
When the commentators highlighted what we did it made me for the first time look and our starting 11 which was 8 Caucasian and 3 black. Now that is the first time I think I have ever looked at our team make up and I could almost hear the sky management drooling
Would they have been so vocal if it was reversed?
The club is a fantastic advert for diversity but not issuing a pre match statement was i think a mistake
We can say that why should we our record speaks for itself.... well unfortunately it don't or didn't this time
The club is influential in 1000s of lives and it needs to have stands and to make those stands known

Does anyone know the correct breakdown of Caucasian to Black players there should be in a team?

It’s a difficult one to determine with prime numbers like 11. Wonder if it’s time UEFA insisted on 12 players per side so football has a clearer mandate to work with.

Harumph.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024