Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 49627 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator
SKY on 22:30 - Sep 20 with 2822 viewsMalintabuk

SKY on 22:11 - Sep 20 by stevec

Does anyone know the correct breakdown of Caucasian to Black players there should be in a team?

It’s a difficult one to determine with prime numbers like 11. Wonder if it’s time UEFA insisted on 12 players per side so football has a clearer mandate to work with.

Harumph.

And that is your response?
I can tell you that easily.... there isn't a correct breakdown as it dont matter
But once the issue was raised by Sky that we didn't take the knee I wondered if the remarks by the studio was taken and that the indication that was are racist may have been fueled by the teams makeup
SKY on 22:34 - Sep 20 with 2797 viewsdaveB

SKY on 22:30 - Sep 20 by Malintabuk

I can tell you that easily.... there isn't a correct breakdown as it dont matter
But once the issue was raised by Sky that we didn't take the knee I wondered if the remarks by the studio was taken and that the indication that was are racist may have been fueled by the teams makeup

I don't think anyone in the studio was suggesting QPR are racist at all, they were just asking why we had chosen not to take the knee. Mcanuff seemed angry about it and spoke later about his disappointment that his own club chose to not to it last week as well
SKY on 23:28 - Sep 20 with 2707 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 21:54 - Sep 20 by Malintabuk

Whether or not we agree or disagree with the clubs stance imo the club handle this very badly for once
When the commentators highlighted what we did it made me for the first time look and our starting 11 which was 8 Caucasian and 3 black. Now that is the first time I think I have ever looked at our team make up and I could almost hear the sky management drooling
Would they have been so vocal if it was reversed?
The club is a fantastic advert for diversity but not issuing a pre match statement was i think a mistake
We can say that why should we our record speaks for itself.... well unfortunately it don't or didn't this time
The club is influential in 1000s of lives and it needs to have stands and to make those stands known

" our starting 11 which was 8 Caucasian and 3 black."

Don't see why that is relevant but as you have brought it up what do you think the split should be.
SKY on 23:31 - Sep 20 with 2700 viewsQPR_John

So you are criticising SKY.
SKY on 23:48 - Sep 20 with 2649 viewsdaveB

Whether or not we agree or disagree with the clubs stance imo the club handle this very badly for once
When the commentators highlighted what we did it made me for the first time look and our starting 11 which was 8 Caucasian and 3 black. Now that is the first time I think I have ever looked at our team make up and I could almost hear the sky management drooling
The club is a fantastic advert for diversity but not issuing a pre match statement was i think a mistake
We can say that why should we our record speaks for itself.... well unfortunately it don't or didn't this time
The club is influential in 1000s of lives and it needs to have stands and to make those stands known

They haven't issued a pre match statement on not taking the knee for the previous few games we haven't done it so not sure why they should now. I don't think it's a protest by QPR or they are against it they have just, like many other Championship clubs, not been doing it every week. It was a complete non story imo and if the game had been any good first half so they had something to talk about I don't think it would have been mentioned.
SKY on 23:52 - Sep 20 with 2640 viewsloftboy

We have made our stands known ..... Ellerslie, South Africa road, The loft, and the school end.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

SKY on 00:39 - Sep 21 with 2607 viewsgingerranger

SKY on 22:11 - Sep 20 by stevec

Does anyone know the correct breakdown of Caucasian to Black players there should be in a team?

It’s a difficult one to determine with prime numbers like 11. Wonder if it’s time UEFA insisted on 12 players per side so football has a clearer mandate to work with.

Harumph.

Are you sure you know what a prime number is?
SKY on 06:52 - Sep 21 with 2523 viewsWatford_Ranger

SKY on 00:39 - Sep 21 by gingerranger

11 is a prime number.
Login to get fewer ads

SKY on 07:52 - Sep 21 with 2438 viewsstevec

I’ve given this some considered thought overnight and I think I may have got this wrong.

This morning I’ll be putting it to UEFA that football teams should be reduced from 11 to 10 players rather than my original suggestion of 12.

For those not familiar with prime numbers, 10 would make it considerably easier to apply the correct percentile of black to Caucasian and apply some clarity for the more woke supporters amongst us.
SKY on 08:17 - Sep 21 with 2392 viewsjoe90

As I said before, you don't have to support BLM to be anti-racist.

Gestures like taking the knee are a waste of time as it inevitably ends up a pissing contest, and an opportunity to shame others whilst showing how right-on you are. In the end the discussion becomes about why you haven't done something instead of being about the real issue of racism.

BLM maybe very vocal at the moment, but they don't own the issue. Institutions should take note of the points they make, but they have no right to dictate how things should be.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 8:18]
SKY on 08:31 - Sep 21 with 2349 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 07:52 - Sep 21 by stevec

I’ve given this some considered thought overnight and I think I may have got this wrong.

This morning I’ll be putting it to UEFA that football teams should be reduced from 11 to 10 players rather than my original suggestion of 12.

For those not familiar with prime numbers, 10 would make it considerably easier to apply the correct percentile of black to Caucasian and apply some clarity for the more woke supporters amongst us.

I'm sure we only played with 10 on Friday, sometimes just 8 when defending.

Not having Jude at away games is clear discrimination against cats.

Don't even get me started on dogs when an alpaca can join in a game.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 8:35]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

SKY on 09:44 - Sep 21 with 2229 viewsGroveR

SKY on 23:31 - Sep 20 by QPR_John

So you are criticising SKY.

I honestly wouldn't have been half as angry about this if we'd been live on BBC, ITV or BT Sport.

Sky turning around and saying "oh look, they're not taking the knee" is a bit like Richard Keys telling you you could be a better husband and father.
SKY on 10:00 - Sep 21 with 2190 viewsNW5Hoop

Well, this thread ended up being very disspiriting.
SKY on 10:11 - Sep 21 with 2153 views2Thomas2Bowles

SKY on 10:00 - Sep 21 by NW5Hoop

Well, this thread ended up being very disspiriting.

Alcohol-free beer is like that.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

SKY on 11:08 - Sep 21 with 2076 viewsQPR_John

SKY on 00:39 - Sep 21 by gingerranger

Before posting might I suggest that you understand one of the fundamental building blocks of mathematics
SKY on 11:34 - Sep 21 with 2024 viewsNorthernr

Here's a little bit I've just had over the whatsapp. Haven't seen the footage so don't know for sure but McAnuff was on the bench for Leyton Orient at home to Mansfield on Tuesday night and apparently they... didn't take the knee before kick off.

:-/
SKY on 11:52 - Sep 21 with 1959 viewsstevec

SKY on 11:34 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Here's a little bit I've just had over the whatsapp. Haven't seen the footage so don't know for sure but McAnuff was on the bench for Leyton Orient at home to Mansfield on Tuesday night and apparently they... didn't take the knee before kick off.

:-/

Doesn’t surprise me, the whole things become a can of worms.

I felt Mcanuff was rather set up by that dopey presenter. Too many whites in the background no doubt jumping on the band wagon but leaving him to do the speaking for them. Let’s be honest he was damned if he did or didn’t.
SKY on 13:03 - Sep 21 with 1826 viewsaston_hoop

The statement

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-statement-taking-the-knee/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

SKY on 13:07 - Sep 21 with 1814 viewsNorthernr

SKY on 13:03 - Sep 21 by aston_hoop

The statement

Now look, you've made Les angry.
SKY on 13:11 - Sep 21 with 1781 viewsHayesender

SKY on 13:03 - Sep 21 by aston_hoop

The statement

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Poll: Shamima Beghum

SKY on 13:14 - Sep 21 with 1760 viewsMalintabuk

Excellent statement by the club.... and if as I had said they issued something like this before the match then it would have avoided criticism
As my OP tried to point out I don't think the club handled this very well
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 13:15]
SKY on 13:14 - Sep 21 with 1758 viewshamptonhillhoop

Let's see if Sky report this
SKY on 13:17 - Sep 21 with 1733 viewspaulparker

Heard Simon jordon on talksport earlier and he was backing QPR over this and spike a lot of sense

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

SKY on 13:19 - Sep 21 with 1706 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Articulate and passionate. Well done to the club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 13:19 - Sep 21 with 1706 viewsflynnbo

SKY on 13:17 - Sep 21 by paulparker

Heard Simon jordon on talksport earlier and he was backing QPR over this and spike a lot of sense

Simon Jordan talks a lot of sense at times.
Well done to the club and let's hope it makes the nationals too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024