Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers 21:40 - Oct 29 with 11363 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53256/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:39 - Oct 31 with 2643 viewsregjenkins

Need some fresh legs before time runs out..

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:41 - Oct 31 with 2605 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:35 - Oct 31 by DaleiLama

Only works when Boromat says it?

Tavares on for Morley
& Keohane on for Mclaughlin
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 16:42]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:44 - Oct 31 with 2509 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:41 - Oct 31 by Nigeriamark

Tavares on for Morley
& Keohane on for Mclaughlin
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 16:42]

No respite for Beesley. He must feel like an extra from Braveheart at FT

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:44 - Oct 31 with 2545 viewsmilnrowblue

Golden Gamble numbers anybody?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:45 - Oct 31 with 2520 viewsisitme

Bola should do better with that header.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:55 - Oct 31 with 2326 viewsisitme

Probably a fair result. We didn't really create enough to warrant a winner. MOM Roberts for me. I can't recall him misplacing a pass all game.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:56 - Oct 31 with 2310 viewsdawlishdale

Finished 1-1. Got to be quite pleased with that...they bossed most of the second half...especially after Ryan went off injured.

Thought we could have shown more attacking intent, and our midfields passing was off today.

Roberts MOM again, and a very solid game from Bazuna.

The unbeaten run extends !!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:57 - Oct 31 with 2292 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Yep, we did ok and keep our recent run going......Oxford up next.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:58 - Oct 31 with 2251 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:55 - Oct 31 by isitme

Probably a fair result. We didn't really create enough to warrant a winner. MOM Roberts for me. I can't recall him misplacing a pass all game.

Roberts was superb, as was O'Connell, but a bit short of our best elsewhere today

8pts from the last 4, it's a run and everything considered, it's just good to be watching Dale even when we're not at our best

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:59 - Oct 31 with 2240 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:45 - Oct 31 by isitme

Bola should do better with that header.

Finished 1-1 & can't say that they didn't deserve a point ( so much for my prediction of goals in the second half). Their number 9 was a real handful for our defenders, but our CH partnership did well. Bazunu probably had his most commanding game for us in the box which was good after his error midweek. A few contenders for MOM - Bazuna, Newby & both CHs for me. Possibly the keeper edges it. Would have liked a win today but not to be.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:00 - Oct 31 with 2214 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:55 - Oct 31 by isitme

Looks to have a bit of pace too
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:01 - Oct 31 with 2211 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:44 - Oct 31 by milnrowblue

Golden Gamble numbers anybody?

They kept flashing up on the screen throughout the game.

What? That wasn’t them?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:01 - Oct 31 with 2210 viewsmilnrowblue

Not the worst result given we’ve picked 8 points up in the past two weeks.

Just looking at fixtures, as well as having Humphries and Baah back soon, I’d say we’ve got a good chance of picking 13 points up before the New Year, putting us on to 25 points just under half way through.

After seeing us the past 4 games, I truly hope we should be clear of any relegation battle this season.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:02 - Oct 31 with 2202 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:35 - Oct 31 by DaleiLama

Only works when Boromat says it?

I didn't think Rathbone was too bad today to be fair.

McLaughlin was poor going forward his deliveries and shots were really poor quality. In hindsight after the effort of Tuesday and his injuries etc maybe Keohane should have started. Dooley didn't do great when he on and maybe Brierley would have been better as a more like for like with Ryan. Good to see BBM go for it though with Tavares on for Morley.

Saying all of that it was a decent game and a good effort. Two well matched teams on the day and we just needed to find an extra gear to find the goal. Maybe Baah or/and Humphrys would have been the difference if available.

Roberts was man of the match for me. He is another level!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:03 - Oct 31 with 2155 viewsDaleiLama

A shadow of the Sunderland game but a point is a point and gets us a game closer to getting Humphreys back. Onwards and hopefully upwards

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:04 - Oct 31 with 2178 viewsAncoats_Blue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:17 - Oct 31 by Ancoats_Blue

Funny how we all see the game differently. To me they don’t look good, not since their goal. Though the first 5-10mins of the 2nd half has been all them. There’s a lot of lumps up field easily dealt with by Dale. I’d be annoyed if we lost this.

Game of 2 halves and all that. Dale the better in the first. Not a bad point really. We’re not looking like the whipping boys the bookies said we would be.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:06 - Oct 31 with 2137 viewsfunkkk

Yeah, think it was a fair result really. A bit of quality up front for either team would have been the difference. Hopefully we're not far from having that back.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:24 - Oct 31 with 1931 viewsShun

Not a bad result against a side we were well capable of beating. O’Connell and Roberts were both outstanding - I can’t remember a better central defensive partnership in the past 9 or so years. It’s notable to see how much EOC has raised his game too when partnered with a CB of genuine quality and class like Roberts.

Newby also played well, he definitely belongs at this level. Dooley though was poor once again when he came on. I’m struggling to remember the last time he played well really. Nicholson for them was excellent, and Hanlon played really well too in the second half (not sure where he was in the first half!).
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:35 - Oct 31 with 1878 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:24 - Oct 31 by Shun

Not a bad result against a side we were well capable of beating. O’Connell and Roberts were both outstanding - I can’t remember a better central defensive partnership in the past 9 or so years. It’s notable to see how much EOC has raised his game too when partnered with a CB of genuine quality and class like Roberts.

Newby also played well, he definitely belongs at this level. Dooley though was poor once again when he came on. I’m struggling to remember the last time he played well really. Nicholson for them was excellent, and Hanlon played really well too in the second half (not sure where he was in the first half!).

Might be in the minority, but I thought Dooley did alright.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:45 - Oct 31 with 1792 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:35 - Oct 31 by richfoad32

Might be in the minority, but I thought Dooley did alright.

Me too

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:59 - Oct 31 with 1720 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:02 - Oct 31 by boromat

I didn't think Rathbone was too bad today to be fair.

McLaughlin was poor going forward his deliveries and shots were really poor quality. In hindsight after the effort of Tuesday and his injuries etc maybe Keohane should have started. Dooley didn't do great when he on and maybe Brierley would have been better as a more like for like with Ryan. Good to see BBM go for it though with Tavares on for Morley.

Saying all of that it was a decent game and a good effort. Two well matched teams on the day and we just needed to find an extra gear to find the goal. Maybe Baah or/and Humphrys would have been the difference if available.

Roberts was man of the match for me. He is another level!!

Said the same about Humphrys possibly being the difference in games like that and also agree that I'd rather have seen Brierley come on for Ryan than Dooley.

Have to disagree about Rathbone though, we seem to be either getting a very good version or a very bad version of Ollie at the moment and I thought he was very poor today, hardly found a Dale player with a pass all afternoon and I didn't even realise he was playing at all until he had a tame shot at goal about 25 mins in!

They're not a bad side in terms of individual quality and I thought Westbrooke and Hanlan in particular were very good, but if the threat for them usually comes from the wing-backs as Fitzo alluded to pre-match, then we did really well to nullify it.

All in all a decent point, looking forward to Tuesday.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 18:16 - Oct 31 with 1616 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:59 - Oct 31 by AtThePeake

Said the same about Humphrys possibly being the difference in games like that and also agree that I'd rather have seen Brierley come on for Ryan than Dooley.

Have to disagree about Rathbone though, we seem to be either getting a very good version or a very bad version of Ollie at the moment and I thought he was very poor today, hardly found a Dale player with a pass all afternoon and I didn't even realise he was playing at all until he had a tame shot at goal about 25 mins in!

They're not a bad side in terms of individual quality and I thought Westbrooke and Hanlan in particular were very good, but if the threat for them usually comes from the wing-backs as Fitzo alluded to pre-match, then we did really well to nullify it.

All in all a decent point, looking forward to Tuesday.

To be fair, I quoted my friend about their wingbacks - I couldn’t have told you the first thing about them pre-match, other than what I know about certain individuals within their team.

We have been vulnerable to balls in from the flanks prior today, so typical that a mistake by our defenders playing in midfield leads to their goal. Such is life.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 18:54 - Oct 31 with 1426 viewsjonahwhereru

The view that after 10 games you have a strong idea of where you stand is one I subscribe to. We are a solid mid table team given we have played sides in the top and bottom half in more or less equal numbers.
Where could we get to, I sense not much higher unless Beasley and Humphrys gel really well. I think we are still vulnerable if we get our usually injury build up. But we can always pick up a decent unattached playerlike McShane if required.
Well done lads, keep doing what your doing.
UTD
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 20:21 - Oct 31 with 1208 viewsD_Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 16:18 - Oct 31 by Ancoats_Blue

I do wonder if this affects the players. Annoying as a spectator.

The Sky report has it that Nicholson picked Ryan's pocket, but maybe the Dale player mixed up the kits...

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-bristol-r/430926
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 21:14 - Oct 31 with 1051 viewsEllDale

Roberts makes it all look effortless which is the hallmark of a class player.
When we signed him there was the odd knowing comment that Championship sides had fancied taking him on loan and I can see why.
Much as I like them, the only way that I can now see McShane and McNulty getting a game is if we have an extended run in the EFL Trophy although I have a nagging memory of the former playing at rightback before now in his career.
This is very much BBM’s team now with few players surviving from the HIll era and he deserves full marks for extremely shrewd recruitment.
We can mix up different styles of football these days because we have the personnel to do so which is great to see.
My only criticism of our defence is that their player was allowed to surge through and score after the ball had been lost in midfield.
We’re probably where we deserve to be in the table but I wouldn’t have bet eight weeks ago on Burton and Oxford being in the bottom four at this stage although the latter do have a couple of games in hand. There’s a long way to go yet.
Be nice to come away with something from Oxford on Saturday Not only because of this but also to erase the memories of some horrible performances in recent years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024