Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers 21:40 - Oct 29 with 11361 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53256/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 21:28 - Oct 31 with 1571 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 21:14 - Oct 31 by EllDale

Roberts makes it all look effortless which is the hallmark of a class player.
When we signed him there was the odd knowing comment that Championship sides had fancied taking him on loan and I can see why.
Much as I like them, the only way that I can now see McShane and McNulty getting a game is if we have an extended run in the EFL Trophy although I have a nagging memory of the former playing at rightback before now in his career.
This is very much BBM’s team now with few players surviving from the HIll era and he deserves full marks for extremely shrewd recruitment.
We can mix up different styles of football these days because we have the personnel to do so which is great to see.
My only criticism of our defence is that their player was allowed to surge through and score after the ball had been lost in midfield.
We’re probably where we deserve to be in the table but I wouldn’t have bet eight weeks ago on Burton and Oxford being in the bottom four at this stage although the latter do have a couple of games in hand. There’s a long way to go yet.
Be nice to come away with something from Oxford on Saturday Not only because of this but also to erase the memories of some horrible performances in recent years.

Oxford's on Tuesday (7pm).

It's Chesterfield in the FA Cup on Saturday.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 21:53]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 21:50 - Oct 31 with 1485 viewsboromat

I was going to say after today's performance in comparison to last Tuesdays maybe this Tuesday we should freshen it up but actually looking at the fixture list maybe this Tuesday in the league against Oxford we should go as strong as possible maybe Keohane for McLaughlin and I'm guessing we'll need a replacement for Ryan.

Then for Chesterfield and Salford in the cup games if blood some youth and play some of the players not getting regular games. Maybe Humphrys and Baah will be ready and in need of minutes by then as well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 23:21 - Oct 31 with 1335 viewsR17ALE

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 17:24 - Oct 31 by Shun

Not a bad result against a side we were well capable of beating. O’Connell and Roberts were both outstanding - I can’t remember a better central defensive partnership in the past 9 or so years. It’s notable to see how much EOC has raised his game too when partnered with a CB of genuine quality and class like Roberts.

Newby also played well, he definitely belongs at this level. Dooley though was poor once again when he came on. I’m struggling to remember the last time he played well really. Nicholson for them was excellent, and Hanlon played really well too in the second half (not sure where he was in the first half!).

"O’Connell and Roberts were both outstanding - I can’t remember a better central defensive partnership in the past 9 or so years."

You show your young age. Mcardle and Boardman were fantastic entertainment!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 00:16 - Nov 1 with 1251 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 23:21 - Oct 31 by R17ALE

"O’Connell and Roberts were both outstanding - I can’t remember a better central defensive partnership in the past 9 or so years."

You show your young age. Mcardle and Boardman were fantastic entertainment!

I still have dreams about that night at Stockport. Bad dreams!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 14:40 - Nov 1 with 835 viewsmikehunt

Roberts’ forays forward are tantalising. Something good is waiting to happen there. That lad is a real prospect.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 14:45 - Nov 1 with 820 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 14:40 - Nov 1 by mikehunt

Roberts’ forays forward are tantalising. Something good is waiting to happen there. That lad is a real prospect.

Agreed. You can see him waltzing all the way through and scoring one day.

When McShane is back we really have to look at three at the back, as he can step into midfield whenever he likes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 15:12 - Nov 1 with 769 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 14:45 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

When McShane is back we really have to look at three at the back, as he can step into midfield whenever he likes.

I wonder if we haven't seen the last of McShane as a regular. Being unable to stay fit and barely making it to HT in the games he does play is no use to anyone.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 15:22 - Nov 1 with 737 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Bristol Rovers on 14:45 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

The back three is an interesting one I think for us it only works if we want to go ultra defensive we don't have the wing backs for it for me. Yes the central defenders could step out but they're doing that anyway. Think I'd prefer to keep it as it is for now otherwise you're probably taking about dropping Morley for either McShane or Jim, I'd prefer Morley. Maybe in January if we have a change of left back and see someone more offensive then it might be more appealing.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024