Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield 20:50 - Nov 4 with 26271 viewsD_Dale

At half-time in tonight's replay that will decide Dale's FA Cup opponents, Stockport lead 2-0. A pity in a way as Dale would probably have stood a better chance of beating Chesterfield. Still, whichever side it is, the winners will face a big challenge to prepare for Saturday.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:57 - Nov 7 with 2439 viewsSuddenLad

Final third. No idea.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:57 - Nov 7 with 2444 views442Dale

Hope BBM makes it clear that today really wasn’t good enough and was much like what he mentioned on the podcast when our play has frustrated supporters in the past.

Very poor.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:57 - Nov 7 with 2417 viewsfitzochris

Really not good enough today. Bottom line.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 2396 viewsAncoats_Blue

Fair enough. Deserved win from Stockport. Glad I’m not getting the train back to Stockport tonight or having a few pints out around town. Let’s just hope their cup run distracts them from their promotion push ;).
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:58 - Nov 7 with 2376 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Absolute bob!.......What's BBM to say after that shower?
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:59 - Nov 7 with 2365 viewsdawlishdale

And out we go.

BBM got it wrong. Roberts has to play if fit. Madness to rest him. If anyone needs a rest, it's Beesley. Trouble is, we don't have anyone else to play there instead.

Playing Ryan at full back stopped Kitching running past Keohane at will, but deprived us of Ryan's runs forward in midfield, as Keohane seems intent on passing backwards.

Well done to Stockport.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:59 - Nov 7 with 2358 viewsjudd

Embarrassing and unacceptable.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:00 - Nov 7 with 2313 viewsMasher

Stockport 2 looked divisions better than us. We showed no real urgency until it was far too late. The system of play is boring are very very frustrating. we need to be 3 goals up before we play the posession style and not when you're losing ffs

Up The Dale!!

Login to get fewer ads

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:01 - Nov 7 with 2310 viewsfunkkk

Couldn't watch it today but sounds like I had a lucky escape. Think if we were going to change it up I'd have preferred a couple of the youngsters given a shot. I guess if ever there was a season to go out early it would be this one.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:01 - Nov 7 with 2286 viewsboromat

Very frustrating. By far the better team I think but you have to turn up from the start and our first twenty minutes was unacceptable. As soon as we got one back they shut up shop and I think we all know we don't have the firepower going forward to get through that type defending easily.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:02 - Nov 7 with 2262 viewswmgunit

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:56 - Nov 7 by 1907

Like I said. You can’t underestimate the importance Roberts makes to the team. That was a diabolical performance and I hope BBM comes out and says as much.

Fair. I’d much prefer a O’Connell and Roberts partnership in central defence too. And agree that can bring more than just stability at the back for the team.

I’m just not convinced that was the most significant problem today, worthy of highlighting above the other issues I mentioned.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:03 - Nov 7 with 2243 viewsBarrowdale

Bbm’s fault. He sets us up like this. Sooo slow. Backwards everytime til last 10. Beesley is hopeless I’m afraid.
Just a very weak squad and negative tactics.
Wont be watching again
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:03 - Nov 7 with 2243 viewsfunkkk

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:59 - Nov 7 by dawlishdale

And out we go.

BBM got it wrong. Roberts has to play if fit. Madness to rest him. If anyone needs a rest, it's Beesley. Trouble is, we don't have anyone else to play there instead.

Playing Ryan at full back stopped Kitching running past Keohane at will, but deprived us of Ryan's runs forward in midfield, as Keohane seems intent on passing backwards.

Well done to Stockport.

Guessing he thought it would be a good chance for Beesley to grab a couple of goals against non league opposition.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:04 - Nov 7 with 2233 viewsboromat

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:59 - Nov 7 by dawlishdale

And out we go.

Well done to Stockport.

I don't think playing Roberts makes a difference today. Poor team performance.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:06 - Nov 7 with 2180 viewsShun

Terrible result. I was very impressed with Stockport actually. They were excellent as an attacking force in the first 20 minutes, then from about 30 minutes onwards they sat back, and although I don’t think they came into our half once after that they defended brilliantly. Their keeper was the best player on the pitch. Very good management as well from Gannon by recognising Newby and Rathbone as dangermen and shutting them down.

We didn’t have anyone today capable of breaking them down. It’s a shame Baah couldn’t be rushed back as I think he would’ve been perfect at doing just that.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:06 - Nov 7 with 2180 viewsmilnrowblue

Love BBM as much as anyone, but if I hear “I think the lads did brilliantly today” then Jesus Christ.

Beesley desperate for a first goal, should’ve buried that chance in injury time much like the Oxford chance. Newby needs to stop turning 17 times before getting a cross in and have a run at defenders into the box.

Give 10 kids and Lynch a run out against Salford and give the starters a well earned (barring today) rest.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:06 - Nov 7 with 2177 views1907

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:04 - Nov 7 by boromat

I couldn’t disagree more.

When in possession, Roberts turns us from a poor League One side to a competent one. The results from the games we’ve played with and without him speaks volumes.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:07 - Nov 7 with 2156 viewsJames1980

Freak goal won it for them really. Well that and the fact we couldn't break down their defence in the second half. Oh for Humps and Baah

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:08 - Nov 7 with 2138 views442Dale

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:04 - Nov 7 by boromat

No, I agree. He’d have done much the same as O'Connell and made the runs into midfield. It was our lack of real progression from there and poor passing that made it a hard game to watch. It was shown that getting it wide and balls into the box was our best route to goal, but we did it so infrequently and when it did get out there it had taken so long that they’d got players back.

This has to be pointed out by the manager so we can see that he and the players recognise the negatives.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:08 - Nov 7 with 2124 viewsdawlishdale

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:06 - Nov 7 by 1907

I couldn’t disagree more.

When in possession, Roberts turns us from a poor League One side to a competent one. The results from the games we’ve played with and without him speaks volumes.

Must admit, I'm starting to wonder if I ever watch the same game as Boromat. I hardly ever agree with what he posts.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:10 - Nov 7 with 2097 viewsD_Alien

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 16:59 - Nov 7 by judd

Embarrassing and unacceptable.

Very much so, and i hope there's no excuses made to compound it

Gannon had us worked out and all it took was 10 minutes effort at the start; after that, didn't matter if they were tired or not, just had to sit back and wait for us to make a mistake

[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 17:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:13 - Nov 7 with 2058 viewsAncoats_Blue

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:03 - Nov 7 by Barrowdale

Bbm’s fault. He sets us up like this. Sooo slow. Backwards everytime til last 10. Beesley is hopeless I’m afraid.
Just a very weak squad and negative tactics.
Wont be watching again

Overreaction.

How many times in recent years have we been on the other, more positive end, of these types of results. Beating teams 1,2 divisions above us in cups. Shit happens. Move on. To say you won’t watch Dale again because of today is embarrassing.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:16 - Nov 7 with 2000 viewsdingdangblue

Not too downhearted, if there was a year to make an early exit its this one with no fans and not much money to be made. We've had a great run in the cups recently so can't begrudge Stockport their day.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:26 - Nov 7 with 1883 viewsDalenet

Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:16 - Nov 7 by dingdangblue

Not too downhearted, if there was a year to make an early exit its this one with no fans and not much money to be made. We've had a great run in the cups recently so can't begrudge Stockport their day.

Au contraire. In a year with no income coming through and the chance to earn some prize money and potential TV monies in later rounds, this was one of the few games we needed to win.

But can't begrudge Stockport who were excellent and should do well this season.
Stockport C. vs Chesterfield on 17:29 - Nov 7 with 1845 views49thseason

Pedestrian, unimaginative, dreary. We played like we might have been in a pre-season friendly which is OK if the decision had been made not to trouble the FA Cup any further this season.
But if today did one thing it exposed the lack of physicality in the side. I have said it many times over the years but we always seem to end up with a team that gives away 5 or 6 inches in height per player but which insists on lumping the ball into the area and has so little real pace. Short and / or ponderous is not a recipe for a winning footballer.
The continual turning backwards makes playing against us easy. It's clearly a training ground standard drill but it's no way to actually win games. There are no points for possession, no points for completed passes. the only thing that counts is goals and we don't seem know how to make them or score them. Humphrys inclusion cannot come soon enough and even then he needs the right service but I have no idea who can provide it. We have reverted to the formula that has been so dismal over the last 3 seasons; use up the time with sideways and backwards possession , hope to scrape a goal and pray for a draw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024