Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM 18:16 - Jan 16 with 7557 viewsblackdogblue

The last few match threads & other posts have started to call for Bbexit (claiming it before Baz 😀).

I like most am not happy with results, league position or at least half the squad at the moment. Covid aside, would we have invested more in the team? No one will know for sure but I doubt it...

Do I call for Bbexit.. No..
Do I think he is doing a good job?.. On the fence
Do I think he is up to League 1 Manager.. No..

What would I do if I was the Chairman?

Bring a new Manager in & make BBM assistant to gain more experience???

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM on 18:29 - Jan 16 with 4863 viewscalvinselbow

I'd personally go the other way and try to find BBM an experienced assistant to help him. What's Steve parkin up to these days?
BBM on 18:33 - Jan 16 with 4821 viewsjudd

BBM on 18:29 - Jan 16 by calvinselbow

I'd personally go the other way and try to find BBM an experienced assistant to help him. What's Steve parkin up to these days?

Probably barmaids

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM on 18:33 - Jan 16 with 4829 viewsblackdogblue

BBM on 18:29 - Jan 16 by calvinselbow

Calvins elbow was on Radio Bolton’s desk today.. he talks a good game?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

BBM on 18:35 - Jan 16 with 4801 viewsD_Alien

BBM on 18:33 - Jan 16 by judd

Probably barmaids

Depends what BBM needs an experienced assistant with...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM on 18:42 - Jan 16 with 4762 viewsJames1980

He kept us up against the odds when he got the job and kept us up last season. I'd say he is capable of managing in league 1, when he uses suitable tactics.
Perhaps bringing someone else in to oversee or assist might be an idea but money for that will be less money for players.
On the previous campaign Hexit am I right in thinking it wasn't all down to results Mr. Hill got his P45 but quite a lot to do with things occurring behind the scenes we won't be privy to? It appears that the squad and management team are a very tight knit group with lots of camaraderie amongst them.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on 18:50 - Jan 16 with 4716 viewsfunkkk

BBM has quite openly said he doesn’t look at the table and doesn’t concern himself with results. For me that explains a lot about how we continue to approach games. He insists our style of play is a club philosophy rather than his own. Ultimately I think we’re playing a risky game in assuming we will do just about enough to stay up rather than adapting our play to suit our players and potentially pick up more points.
BBM on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 4699 viewsrichfoad32

As we don't seem to have the proverbial pot to piss in, could we afford to give him the gooner anyway? (not advocating that we should, BTW)
BBM on 18:53 - Jan 16 with 4682 viewscalvinselbow

I like bbm and there's definitely a team that can more than compete in this league. Just feel it needs a coach to organise them at the back a bit. Every time wigan played a forward pass they were in behind the midfield and attacking the back line. There has to be a cheap coach out there who can organise the defence better than it is.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM on 19:08 - Jan 16 with 4625 viewsBillyRudd

BBM on 18:50 - Jan 16 by funkkk

BBM has quite openly said he doesn’t look at the table and doesn’t concern himself with results. For me that explains a lot about how we continue to approach games. He insists our style of play is a club philosophy rather than his own. Ultimately I think we’re playing a risky game in assuming we will do just about enough to stay up rather than adapting our play to suit our players and potentially pick up more points.

On that basis, perhaps he thinks we are in mid-table.
If he has a mortgage to pay, I would suggest he takes a peak.
Its one thing watching the most frustrating set of players I can ever remember but being expected to believe that is taking me for a complete idiot.
You are right funkk it is a risky game and all the more sad because he has assembled a squad of players that are better than their position suggests but their management leaves a lot to be desired.
Shame, but there it is.
BBM on 19:23 - Jan 16 with 4562 viewsVivaDonaldo

I think an experienced Assistant would undermine BBM's authority and if I was him I'd consider it an insult.

If there is money around to potentially change the manager (and likely the need to change backroom staff too) I'd much rather that the money was used to bolster the playing options for BBM instead.

He's got an eye for a player and this team are obviously playing for him. I think with a slightly deeper squad we stay up this year.
BBM on 19:49 - Jan 16 with 4450 viewstruenorth

I'd ship BBM out tomorrow morning, no passion, clueless with tactics meaning a team that's rudderless and frustrating. But let's be honest, will the board do it? I seriously doubt it.

Cash is king at the moment, BBM is probably on a pretty low wage (compared to others in the league) and whether we're in L1 or L2 next year is irrelevant at the mo. There's a good chance next season it'll be limited numbers in the COA, so no decent paydays from opposing teams. Income into Dale will be very similar.

Frustratingly, there's little need to look past BBM.

TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

BBM on 19:56 - Jan 16 with 4427 viewsjonahwhereru

In his Injury update BBM mentions maybe able to add a couple of players towards the end of this window. I think given Fitz saying they were looking to add four people, he is managing expectations. However towards the end of this window is not soon enough. What ever irons are in the fire we need to pull out all the stops to get a left back in and now CH in next week.
To say this team is playing as bad as towards the end of Hill’s reign is ludicrous. We got absolutely battered in games with out offering anything back then. We are competing but not in our own final third which can be remedied.
Saw a odious comment about Matty Done being a wage thief. In 40 years of work I have only come across a couple of those. Maybe the writer is / was one so knows from personal experience but they are wrong to say that. Done has never been injury prone, never wanted for effort when pulling on a football shirt. He has been in virtually ever squad this year and and has never been in any controversy in his time with us. That he was given a new contract and gets asked to do things he can no longer do / or at LB has never been asked to do is no reason to call him a thief.
BBM on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 4415 viewsMass_Debater

BBM on 19:23 - Jan 16 by VivaDonaldo

I think an experienced Assistant would undermine BBM's authority and if I was him I'd consider it an insult.

If there is money around to potentially change the manager (and likely the need to change backroom staff too) I'd much rather that the money was used to bolster the playing options for BBM instead.

He's got an eye for a player and this team are obviously playing for him. I think with a slightly deeper squad we stay up this year.

Just read the same on Twitter.
BBM on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 4411 viewsboromat

Lots of frustrations with the season but for me it's less about BBM as a manager and more about the squad he's been allowed or not allowed to assemble. He's very openly spoken about the squad size and to some extent he's fighting with one hand tied behind his back while also possibly doing better than the previous seasons as we've stayed out of the relegation zone for the majority of the season so far. I'm certain that if we had have kept a first 11 fit so far this season we'd be higher up the table especially when it comes to Humphrys and Baah's few weeks out. We basically had no attack.

The problem at the moment is now the opposite we have no defence. If no one or very few come in this January then we'll have our answer that there's no money available. At that point I think BBM should be cut some slack like he has so far this season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM on 20:02 - Jan 16 with 4387 viewsVivaDonaldo

BBM on 19:56 - Jan 16 by jonahwhereru

In his Injury update BBM mentions maybe able to add a couple of players towards the end of this window. I think given Fitz saying they were looking to add four people, he is managing expectations. However towards the end of this window is not soon enough. What ever irons are in the fire we need to pull out all the stops to get a left back in and now CH in next week.
To say this team is playing as bad as towards the end of Hill’s reign is ludicrous. We got absolutely battered in games with out offering anything back then. We are competing but not in our own final third which can be remedied.
Saw a odious comment about Matty Done being a wage thief. In 40 years of work I have only come across a couple of those. Maybe the writer is / was one so knows from personal experience but they are wrong to say that. Done has never been injury prone, never wanted for effort when pulling on a football shirt. He has been in virtually ever squad this year and and has never been in any controversy in his time with us. That he was given a new contract and gets asked to do things he can no longer do / or at LB has never been asked to do is no reason to call him a thief.

4 games to go until the end of the transfer window.

25 left in the season. Is it not better to have the right people in for 21 games than rush into potentially getting the wrong ones for the sake of 2 or 3 games?

Whatever we do it won't be a small outlay money wise. I'd rather that time was took to get the best players in.

It may well be that some players only become available towards the end of the window?
BBM on 21:09 - Jan 16 with 4280 viewsJames1980

Perhaps he should get Noel Edmonds on the phone and ask about that cosmic ordering malarkey. I think we have not had a great deal of luck all season.
Humphrys, Yeboah, Bazunu, O'Connell, Beesley, Lund, Rathbone all picking up injuries. I would like to think the assessment on McLaughlin suggested he would be able to play more minutes than he has done. Surely they expected McShane to make more than a few cameos as well. Bola not working out after working hard to get him in on loan.
Oh and after our fight back this afternoon with 10 men. Who do our depleted squad go onto play Tuesday. Doncaster away who have 15 points out of the last 18 and are knocking on the door of an automatic promotion place. We just can't catch a break.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 21:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on 21:20 - Jan 16 with 4245 viewsfitzochris

BBM on 19:56 - Jan 16 by jonahwhereru

As said, who BBM can bring in is dictated to by who he can ship out. He wants at least four, but in all honesty, that is going to be the dream scenario. It’s most likely he will manage two at the most. We will see, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM on 22:04 - Jan 16 with 4140 viewsEllDale

The worrying thing is that there is a world of difference between shipping out and selling players for undisclosed fees.
Unfortunately the players that it would be nice to offload aren’t exactly hot properties. No-one wants them to be blunt.
A bit like the situation with Calvin twelve months ago.
BBM on 23:45 - Jan 16 with 3984 viewsShun

BBM on 22:04 - Jan 16 by EllDale

The worrying thing is that there is a world of difference between shipping out and selling players for undisclosed fees.
Unfortunately the players that it would be nice to offload aren’t exactly hot properties. No-one wants them to be blunt.
A bit like the situation with Calvin twelve months ago.

Never forget.

BBM on 23:56 - Jan 16 with 3956 viewsjudd

BBM on 23:45 - Jan 16 by Shun

Never forget.

Whoever got that deal done should have headed up the Brexit negotiations.

Poll: What is it to be then?

BBM on 00:20 - Jan 17 with 3933 viewsFrog

BBM on 23:56 - Jan 16 by judd

Whoever got that deal done should have headed up the Brexit negotiations.

Whoever used the term striker should be sectioned.
BBM on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 3455 viewsAtThePeake

BBM on 20:02 - Jan 16 by VivaDonaldo

4 games to go until the end of the transfer window.

25 left in the season. Is it not better to have the right people in for 21 games than rush into potentially getting the wrong ones for the sake of 2 or 3 games?

Whatever we do it won't be a small outlay money wise. I'd rather that time was took to get the best players in.

It may well be that some players only become available towards the end of the window?

Hmmm. A healthy mix between the two wouldn't go amiss given the amount of injuries we have. We only have 4 defenders left to pick from on Tuesday - and two of them are midfielders!

Tangled up in blue.

BBM on 07:58 - Jan 18 with 3315 viewsrichfoad32

BBM on 22:21 - Jan 17 by AtThePeake

Hmmm. A healthy mix between the two wouldn't go amiss given the amount of injuries we have. We only have 4 defenders left to pick from on Tuesday - and two of them are midfielders!

Is O'Connell definitely out? I've seen no news on him since his injury.
BBM on 08:37 - Jan 18 with 3278 viewsSaxonDale

BBM on 07:58 - Jan 18 by richfoad32

Think BBM said he'd be out for 6-8 weeks.
BBM on 09:05 - Jan 18 with 3241 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on 07:58 - Jan 18 by richfoad32

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/january/injuryupdate_15.01.21/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024