Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? 22:06 - Jan 27 with 5521 viewsDr_Parnassus

Before turning on the manager? Unbeaten in 8 games, seems people lost patience in waiting for our next defeat. For shame.

2nd in the league approaching February with almost zero to spend, relying on kids both home grown and otherwise. We are here because of him, not despite him.

We are not the best team in the league, far from it. Those expecting us to put the likes of Norwich, Brentford and Bournemouth to the sword regularly have their heads firmly stuck in 2014.

There is a sickening air of entitlement around the place which is the exact opposite of everything we were about that brought around success the first time.

Fantastic point. Performance won’t always be there, that’s football.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:32 - Jan 29 with 636 viewsonehunglow

Manager takes the can.Always been the case.
Players go out having been motivated appropriately with tactical plan
If plan goes titsup,manager then takes control and changes
If player are out on their feeet,like Hooligan or Ayew,they get replaced. Check out Klopp subbing his biggest names.

Finally,anyone at all offering support to the like of Naughton is misguided. He has let us down before on exactly the same manner. He is absolutely a red card awaiting in every game as he cannot handle real pace or ability. He gets away with it with lesser players,which he has been doing for 4 years. His new contract was an abomination as were Routledge and Dyer.Good in their day but kept on because of sentiment-which is always lethal.

And omebody aked me about Warnock and McCarthy .What the feck have they do do with anything.Answers on that then.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:39 - Jan 29 with 625 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:17 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

I am not employed by the club and don't have access to the availability of managers nor do I have the means to employ him but I'll indulge you as your ego needs reigning in but don't worry a it happens o the best of us,even me.

IF I WERE CHAIRMAN/OWNER.
I would most certainly be looking around because if we were to go up,we would most certainly be annihilated with super Steve in charge.PL managers would tear him apart.

Who? -no idea as don't know who is available nor what budget is.

If people people Steve is the messiah they are dumber than I thought.

FWIQ Champ,I think Brentford will go up and keep Franks as he ha a plan and a structure.Hell,he probably even brings players in he really really wants.

You aren’t employed by the club yet still feel qualified to state Cooper isn’t good enough. I also see you say the manager carries the fan in difficult moments, that’s all well and good but when we win you have at times said we won despite him - you can’t have it both ways.

But now you have confirmed you would like to replace Cooper, I’d like to hear some suggestions. Clearly you wouldn’t be silly enough to want someone gone without knowing what kind of person can replace him... I’m not asking you to broker the deal or budget for it, I’m asking who you think is a realistic and available choice that can better Cooper - and most importantly, why?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 12:41 - Jan 29 with 601 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 23:04 - Jan 28 by swancity

He manages the game and the players. Yes of course he does and is doing it brilliantly. Have a look at the League Table. Have a look at the transfer balance sheet since he’s been here.

Regarding Naughton, although he’d had a yellow card, he certainly wasn’t a liability. He is vastly experienced and I’d have trusted him to stay on that pitch last night. That was an uncharacteristic moment of stupidity from the player.

Instead of trying to find things to be critical about, embrace what is being achieved and enjoy it. There’s much to be happy about. So much.

"Regarding Naughton, although he’d had a yellow card, he certainly wasn’t a liability. "

Of course he wasn't, we played with ten men because that was the plan all along, the game was too easy with eleven men.

You don't appear to realise it doesn't matter how good the player has been, he could have single handedly won every game for us in the past.
It is on the night that matters, he wasn't coping and he couldn't cope any better in the second half. The team structure was not changed to give him the help he obviously needed and he wasn't subbed.
But he wasn't a liability

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 13:57 - Jan 29 with 579 views34dfgdf54

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 10:46 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Many posters over the last 18 months have wanted him sacked. I’ve read you say it multiple times for example Risc. There is an underlying presence waiting for any bump in the road and Cooper is the prime target.

God help if we don’t put Rotherham away, who will be a tricky opponent. The vultures will be circling make no mistake.

Yeah got no problem admitting that. If you don’t get results playing like we do, you get called out. At the moment though he’s getting results and fair play to him for that, but I have the exact same concerns about Cooper as I did with Monk the season we got 8th in the premier league.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:46 - Jan 29 with 566 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:39 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

You aren’t employed by the club yet still feel qualified to state Cooper isn’t good enough. I also see you say the manager carries the fan in difficult moments, that’s all well and good but when we win you have at times said we won despite him - you can’t have it both ways.

But now you have confirmed you would like to replace Cooper, I’d like to hear some suggestions. Clearly you wouldn’t be silly enough to want someone gone without knowing what kind of person can replace him... I’m not asking you to broker the deal or budget for it, I’m asking who you think is a realistic and available choice that can better Cooper - and most importantly, why?

I am as qualified as you to comment as I see matters

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:52 - Jan 29 with 565 viewsmadridjack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 01:47 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Every person on the planet can improve on something. That isn’t the issue or what is being discussed.

These are the fundamentals, this is his character and this is his ability. Criticising a managers management is terminal, especially when those people clearly state that it’s not improving after approaching 2 years.

He has his view on the subs and how to approach games from his experience. Winning trophies and managing the best kids in the country to World Cup success, not to mention taking us to an unlikely play off place and now an automatic spot.

These aren’t errors, he didn’t forget to not bring anyone one when these morons wanted him to, he didn’t make a mistake. It’s an intentional management style. Now you either accept and trust that considering you admit he is the best manager we could hope for - or you can continue to bleat game after game while we wave at you from our league position.

The latter however is extremely futile and even more bizarre considering you openly admit there is not a single manager who could do better that we could realistically get. Suck it up is my advice, he thinks you are wrong and I agree with him. He is an expert in this field, are you?

I have never slagged him off or criticised him but simple said he can improve, he managed an U17 team to the World Cup, now a senior side in the championship over 46 games that requires different man management. Over 2 years he has improved he would say that himself.
Last year good defence, this year brilliant defence. Loan signings good last year and this year.
Permanent signings good smith, Lowe , Bidwell, Bennett, team system with wingbacks good.
Adapt to changes during game needs improving. Subs for tactics needs improving.
Subs for tired legs needs improving. It’s not 11 v 11 anymore it’s 16 v 16, if you don’t trust the players on the bench don’t put them on there. As Cooper has said if we win or play well I get the praise, if we lose or play badly I should take the criticism.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:53 - Jan 29 with 562 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:52 - Jan 29 by madridjack

I have never slagged him off or criticised him but simple said he can improve, he managed an U17 team to the World Cup, now a senior side in the championship over 46 games that requires different man management. Over 2 years he has improved he would say that himself.
Last year good defence, this year brilliant defence. Loan signings good last year and this year.
Permanent signings good smith, Lowe , Bidwell, Bennett, team system with wingbacks good.
Subs for tired legs needs improving. It’s not 11 v 11 anymore it’s 16 v 16, if you don’t trust the players on the bench don’t put them on there. As Cooper has said if we win or play well I get the praise, if we lose or play badly I should take the criticism.

Great stuff Sir

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:17 - Jan 29 with 546 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He managed an under 17s side of the very best under 17s that the whole of English football could produce.
They were trained by top club's .
All he and his managerial team had to do was get them playing together and he did a good job of it.
I watched all of their games in that series, as well as the u21s and u23s.

Let me ask you a question who is our defensive and set piece coach?

Cooper has been a player/coach for 5 years, coaching & managing for 22 years overall, but he is "still learning" how to manage according to many on here.

What he really brings to the club is his contacts, especially in the youth arena. Plus his ability to persuade top teams to loan them to us.
He has attracted some very decent players to the club.
Plus his coaching team.

I do not slag him off, but I do slag off his in game decision making process, like leaving Naughton on when on a yellow without changing anything.
Go back to when we had Dan James tearing up opposition defences, what did their managers do?
Gave the non coping defender backup, sometimes even 2 backups, so that they ould gang up on and neutralise Dan. Or they subbed the player for fresh, faster legs.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 15:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:22 - Jan 29 with 542 viewsDr_Parnassus

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 14:46 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

I am as qualified as you to comment as I see matters

Indeed, which isn’t very qualified at all.

Which is why I don’t slag off clearly successful players or managers. If I do criticise then it is with respect, they are our players and managerial staff.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:30 - Jan 29 with 537 viewsDr_Parnassus

So do you think he just forgot to bring players on then?

Or has he not yet reached the wisdom level of planetswans for it to be apparent to him? Which one is it you think?

Have you ever thought that he didn’t bring subs on when you wanted him to because he knows better than you? Knows the players better than you, knows the situation better than you, knows the scenarios better than you. Etc etc etc

I love the fact our posters on here are coaching Cooper on professional football management, and done with an absolute complete lack of self awareness. It’s utterly bizarre.

Next we will be telling Lewis Hamilton how he needs to take different lines approaching corners and absolutely berating him when he does what he thinks is best instead based on his ability and superior knowledge to us... and gets the points as a result.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:39 - Jan 29 with 529 viewsvetchonian

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:17 - Jan 29 by A_Fans_Dad

He managed an under 17s side of the very best under 17s that the whole of English football could produce.
All he and his managerial team had to do was get them playing together and he did a good job of it.

Cooper has been a player/coach for 5 years, coaching & managing for 22 years overall, but he is "still learning" how to manage according to many on here.

What he really brings to the club is his contacts, especially in the youth arena. Plus his ability to persuade top teams to loan them to us.
Plus his coaching team.

I do not slag him off, but I do slag off his in game decision making process, like leaving Naughton on when on a yellow without changing anything.
Go back to when we had Dan James tearing up opposition defences, what did their managers do?
Gave the non coping defender backup, sometimes even 2 backups, so that they ould gang up on and neutralise Dan. Or they subbed the player for fresh, faster legs.

Some fair points,hopefully all good managers are still learning and some are more experienced than others.

Cooper gets criticised for his lack of subs,firstly it did appear he was intent om making at least one sub on Wednesday evening but changed his mind once we equalised. Sometimes changing the side can work against you too, I guess then he was happy with at least a point.
I have also made this statement on previous occasions....it may be Cooper is operating to a "weekly" budget. Players wages are made up of a basic,then supplemented by "appearance" money, x amount for starting, xamount for being on the bench,xamount for coming on off the bench etc. Potter was lilited to his selections due to this whihc is why Routledge renogiated his contract to allow him to play...maybe Coopers lack of subs to just add fresh legs when we are winning is explained by this?
Yes we are a long way from the football enjoyed under Laudrup but that was possible after 5 years of change and squad development.....here we are still in transition and whislt it is not as gliterring as those days when it is at is best is far removed from that served up to us under Monk.
Cooper answersa to the board...it is possible he has a remit....to get us promoted perhaps to do that it is results that matter.......The manager from them up the road was recnetly sacked...as their Chairman said it is a results industry and Cardiff hadnt been getting the results..They had no style what if they werre playing entertaining football and still losing do you think Harris would still be there? the same goes for us Cooper has to find the balance...we started our "swansea Way " a division below where we are now a less competeitve league and with a squad whihc was developed when we were in a "much stronger" place....compare that to where we are now...get off his back there are some on here who cannot wait to pick him apart at every opportunity....I remember Tosh getting things wrong or deciding to follow a certain tack even when it wasnt working .
Cooper is not Pep,Klop but he took us to the playoffs last season has us in 2nd place and seems to be building a good squad. Roberto in his time taking us forward did not see the level of player turnover we have had. Maybe I am more forgiving having followed the Swans since the 70s and can remember some of the dire times post the Toshack era as well as the great days we experienced since 2007. For people to call Cooper a clown and a fraud wll they show themselves as ignorant ....Kevin cullis was a fraud how does Cooper compare?
I am sure all those on here who continually pick and critiicise are perfect every day in their chosen career and love it when peers or others around them have a go at them when they are not always at the top fo their game

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:53 - Jan 29 with 523 viewsBadlands

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 11:39 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

I'm not employed by the club but (although looking like a sound bet at the time) two games in I was stating Bob Bradley was not going to work.
I'm not employed by the club but half a season under Monk and I knew what was in store for us if he continued in charge. (Highest PL position ever, and then what? Based on negativity and ripping up the work of the previous 10 years we reverted to playing like a typical English style 3rd division side.)
You don't have to be 'qualified' to see what is front of you.
'Clearly you wouldn’t be silly enough to want someone gone without knowing what kind of person can replace him... ' many club chairmen do exactly that including ones at Swansea.
replacements
Experienced
Lucien Favre - free agent previously Borussia Dortmund
Young
Andreas Alm - HÃ¥ken
Local (ish)
Osian Roberts - Morocco
Too late to bring Sousa back but would have gone for him in the Summer

IMO Cooper, McKauly and Birch have done a decent job with bringing in loans - but then you have to assess hos they have done ... mixed.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:55 - Jan 29 with 520 viewsvetchonian

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:53 - Jan 29 by Badlands

I'm not employed by the club but (although looking like a sound bet at the time) two games in I was stating Bob Bradley was not going to work.
I'm not employed by the club but half a season under Monk and I knew what was in store for us if he continued in charge. (Highest PL position ever, and then what? Based on negativity and ripping up the work of the previous 10 years we reverted to playing like a typical English style 3rd division side.)
'Clearly you wouldn’t be silly enough to want someone gone without knowing what kind of person can replace him... ' many club chairmen do exactly that including ones at Swansea.
replacements
Experienced
Young
Andreas Alm - HÃ¥ken
Local (ish)
Osian Roberts - Morocco

IMO Cooper, McKauly and Birch have done a decent job with bringing in loans - but then you have to assess hos they have done ... mixed.

Interesting to see you would have brought Sousa back in the summer.....from memory his style was similar to that we see from Cooper.....many on here talk of almost falling to sleep in matches when he was here!

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 16:03 - Jan 29 with 514 viewsDr_Parnassus

replacements
Experienced
Young
Andreas Alm - HÃ¥ken
Local (ish)
Osian Roberts - Morocco

Send your CV into the club is my suggestion.

Send them a letter highlighting your concerns over the manager that has us in the automatic promotion places and send them your shortlist of the candidates you feel would do a better job and why.

Do me a favour though, copy and paste it into here before you hit send.

I find it incredible that people slag off our manager working wonders for us, then suggest we replace him with people they guaranteed have never seen manage any more than a few games, if any.

Andreas Alm from Haken ffs, how often are they screened? You aren’t that guy who used to love Jonathan Vieira are you?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 16:04 - Jan 29 with 511 viewsTreforys_Jack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:30 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Or has he not yet reached the wisdom level of planetswans for it to be apparent to him? Which one is it you think?

Have you ever thought that he didn’t bring subs on when you wanted him to because he knows better than you? Knows the players better than you, knows the situation better than you, knows the scenarios better than you. Etc etc etc

I love the fact our posters on here are coaching Cooper on professional football management, and done with an absolute complete lack of self awareness. It’s utterly bizarre.

Next we will be telling Lewis Hamilton how he needs to take different lines approaching corners and absolutely berating him when he does what he thinks is best instead based on his ability and superior knowledge to us... and gets the points as a result.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 16:10 - Jan 29 with 501 viewsonehunglow

Plus his coaching team.

That is where I am AFD.Brilliant observation

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 16:13 - Jan 29 with 498 viewsvetchonian

replacements
Experienced
Young
Andreas Alm - HÃ¥ken
Local (ish)
Osian Roberts - Morocco

Interesting Andreas Alm

Has been a manger for 14 years his current win % age average =43.47 with his best individual at 52.55%

Cooper senior manager for 2 seasons current win %age average 46.79% with his best 53.57%

So intrigued to see why you state this guy is a better manager?

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:00 - Jan 29 with 485 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 16:13 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

Interesting Andreas Alm

Has been a manger for 14 years his current win % age average =43.47 with his best individual at 52.55%

Cooper senior manager for 2 seasons current win %age average 46.79% with his best 53.57%

He certainly seem he was born in a manger looking at his disciples

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:10 - Jan 29 with 483 viewsvetchonian

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:00 - Jan 29 by onehunglow

He certainly seem he was born in a manger looking at his disciples

??????7

I speak with data....I asked why this Swede was chosen...the facts do not indicate he is any betterthan our current manager....

I am not on a Cooper love in...As a swans fan I always support our manager and players but not to the point if they are not delivering.....at this time our Manager is and compared to the stats of an alternative offered is no worse in fact better!

We are currentlly 2nd in the league ahead of two of the relegated sides from last season..having not spalshed thre cash...we could have and should have beaten top of the table Norwich at theirs earlier in the season. Peopl harp on about possession footaball...it doesnt always get you results Man U enjoyed 76% possession at hime to bottom of the table Sheefield Utd on Wednesday they had 16 shots to sheffields 5 who came away with the points?
The vilifcation our manager and some of our players receive is totally unjustified and the way some posters are treated too I am saddened how fans have become...we are now bickering amongst ourselves does this mean that when crowds return there will be outbreaks of violence between our own fans on our own terraces? Its almost what it feels like sometimes

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:07 - Jan 29 with 460 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 16:13 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

Interesting Andreas Alm

If only comparisons were that easy.
There are a few factors contributing to those percentages.
Level of inherited players.
Level of budgets & control of purchasing.
Level of competition.
Level of coaching and physio teams.
Club philosophy, history etc.
But you do appear to be overlooking the fact that Steve has been coaching/managing at some level for 22 years.

It is all just opinions and we all have one, but that does not excuse insulting the person, either player, manager or poster.
Criticism of perceived competence is allowed though.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 18:55 - Jan 29 with 449 viewsmadridjack

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 15:30 - Jan 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Once again you are trying to put words in people’s mouths, I have never said I am a better coach
Than Cooper, but I my opinion a bad situation on Tuesday could have been made better with subs.
Maybe with subs we could have won or no subs we could have lost, it’s all about opinions, that’s what these forums are about, your opinion verses mine, you make good points but I don’t agree with everything you say ...opinions . And that’s from 50 years of watching the swans, I think I have learnt something about football in that time.
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 19:02 - Jan 29 with 446 viewsmadridjack

Plus his coaching team.

He is still learning, he has managed at different levels but this is his first senior post. If he ever thinks he has learnt everything that is the time to retire.if we get to PL that will be another new level he has to step up to, onwards and upwards
Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 20:58 - Jan 29 with 425 viewsonehunglow

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:10 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

??????7

I speak with data....I asked why this Swede was chosen...the facts do not indicate he is any betterthan our current manager....

I am not on a Cooper love in...As a swans fan I always support our manager and players but not to the point if they are not delivering.....at this time our Manager is and compared to the stats of an alternative offered is no worse in fact better!

We are currentlly 2nd in the league ahead of two of the relegated sides from last season..having not spalshed thre cash...we could have and should have beaten top of the table Norwich at theirs earlier in the season. Peopl harp on about possession footaball...it doesnt always get you results Man U enjoyed 76% possession at hime to bottom of the table Sheefield Utd on Wednesday they had 16 shots to sheffields 5 who came away with the points?
The vilifcation our manager and some of our players receive is totally unjustified and the way some posters are treated too I am saddened how fans have become...we are now bickering amongst ourselves does this mean that when crowds return there will be outbreaks of violence between our own fans on our own terraces? Its almost what it feels like sometimes

Vilification.
Have you any idea just what that is really about.

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 22:30 - Jan 29 with 406 viewsthornabyswan

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 17:10 - Jan 29 by vetchonian

??????7

Good post need not worry about the fans on the terraces fighting just a handful on here have it in for Cooper no matter what.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are we not even waiting for defeats anymore? on 22:45 - Jan 29 with 396 viewsChief

replacements
Experienced
Young
Andreas Alm - HÃ¥ken
Local (ish)
Osian Roberts - Morocco

Lucien Favre joining us in the championship

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024